Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1309 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
22. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 09:28 avianflu

the whole "selectable dual magic from the hands" was a relatively novel idea -- liked that. Level design was varied. I find it difficult to actively dislike the game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Mar 21, 2012, 09:09 avianflu

D, I am new to Steam so not drinking the koolaid yet.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Mar 21, 2012, 06:22 avianflu

the almost weekly steam client updates are officially annoying  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel Mar 21, 2012, 06:18 avianflu

I uninstalled when I realized your plot/quest actions make absolutely no difference about what happens next. For a quest, I choose to kill an entire town and feed them to the spider queen to see what would happen? Nothing.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
51. Re: Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase" Mar 20, 2012, 13:40 avianflu

combat-wise -- Much more real strategy in the Dragonsang games but the camera is a bit wiggy. You'll be pausing combat with the spacebar and then the camera issue doesnt matter so much. The developers want you to play the combat semi-turn-based but they never really tell you that outright. I think it is worth the 10 bucks but then again I like fiddly combat.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
11. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 20, 2012, 10:11 avianflu

the PC version will get all of the updates for free. REALLY looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
49. Re: Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase" Mar 20, 2012, 10:09 avianflu

I am enjoying watching this PR disaster more than any Bioware I've played lately.

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
25. Re: BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback Mar 19, 2012, 12:12 avianflu

It does beg the question if the major reviewers actually _finished_ the game before writing their reviews of ME3.

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
19. Re: BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback Mar 19, 2012, 11:25 avianflu

I suspect there always was a BioWare plan to "properly" end ME3 with DLC and it backfired on them big time.

Its not like there isnt a (dastardly) precedent to do this in a successful game. Fallout 3 had a lame ending and the DLC offered a better conclusion to the main character (he wakes up, etc)

Major major BioWare blunder.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Mar 16, 2012, 12:19 avianflu

It all spells trouble for Jeff down the road given his contrarian nature, even if he absolutely has a right to laugh right now.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 12:10 avianflu

My only complaint about the graphics of skyrim is the water when swimming in it. Not even remotely convincing. Its a minor gripe over all and it sounds like patch addresses that.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow
33. Re: Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow Mar 15, 2012, 15:41 avianflu

I am inclined to feel bad for them since it is a small developer  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow
25. Re: Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow Mar 15, 2012, 13:47 avianflu

The rumor is that it is an ipad port  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2012, 13:06 avianflu

I am a fan of FF but it is losing market share and fast.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Mar 13, 2012, 10:08 avianflu

Having read the whole thing it is more like

"Now, because of the web, all the full-time fact checkers no longer have jobs in journalism."

Since forever, fact checkers were standard staffers in any print journalism of name. Most were fired when ad sales in print journalism nose dived 10 years ago. Barely documented.

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
34. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 15:44 avianflu

I was a giant fan of Far Cry for PC, but Crytek has lost its way trying to make console games.

Crysis 2 went budget particularly fast on all platforms

edit -- the very last level in Far Cry was insanely hard. I used a cheat code and felt guilty but c'mon in a big bowl and surrounded by spawning rocket launchers?

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2012, 14:06 avianflu

honestly I dont think Bioware cares at all if the game continues selling the way it did in the first week.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 15:00 avianflu

MS is drooling at the potential profits of handling _all_ games credit card transactions.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Mar 8, 2012, 16:27 avianflu

the choice of Dark Souls as the one example to represent all video games is easily the oddest thing about the whole article.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Mar 8, 2012, 14:32 avianflu

The "not spoken out loud issue" is that movies ticket sales are being slowly eclipsed by video game sales in the consumer marketplace. Hence the grumbling by those in Hollywood.

Movie ticket sales have continued to decline for about 15 years now and at the same time 20-somethings have brought video games fully into the mainstream.

1309 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo