Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1325 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details?
66. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jul 5, 2012, 12:38 avianflu

I think the opposite occurred. There was plenty of reason to believe the poster on PA was indeed a writer from ME3. Believing everything he said is another story of course.

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:13:
Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:48:
I think he was referring to internal dissent about the writing team being precluded from working on the ending.

I'm pretty sure that was debunked, actually. The post that made such claims was simply fake.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Independence Day Mobilization
3. Re: Independence Day Mobilization Jul 5, 2012, 12:27 avianflu

Kajetan, nintendo has always marketed hard for global sales. Not sure where you are coming from on that one.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2012, 12:14 avianflu

The market for $2 games on mobile platforms is already very wobbly. A few winners that make $$, but most dont sell much and quickly disappear off the radar. And spending $$ to market a 2$ game is a thorny problem with no answers.

In 2010-2011, I think many pubs and devs pinned their hopes on mobile gaming on phones, but it is not panning out.

The game industry is definitely struggling in the recession. Dedicated portable game consoles are floundering even in Japan. Home game consoles are turning into movie-streaming boxes.

PC games actually have a chance to regain some traction in all of this retail uneasiness.

News Comments > EA to "Be a 100% Digital Company, Period"
66. Re: EA to Jul 3, 2012, 12:00 avianflu

PR blather:

Gibeau has to say this to the press because

1. Origin's arrival as EA's exclusive game client

2. dwindling global games sales for several years now.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 12:02 avianflu

also I would wait for the next gen kindle fire before picking anything, since that will be announced any day now.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 12:00 avianflu

no SD slot makes it a total no-go for me, but the specs are otherwise great for the price.  

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details?
4. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 27, 2012, 10:23 avianflu

Already uninstalled. Watched the new ending on youtube. Done.

It will be interesting to see if that Casey guy gets another chance to head on a major game release after all of the kerfuffle.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2012, 10:58 avianflu

for some reason I thought dawnguard was a free download -- oh well.

Happy to wait for the inevitable sale.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2012, 17:08 avianflu

Dragon's Dogma is great -- though at level 35-ish it starts to get too easy. Excellent action RPG as long as you dont mind the wonky console framerate issues

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
53. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 08:45 avianflu

2 of my friends -- who really liked D3 at launch -- are significantly annoyed that Blizzard is nerfing items, and worse, nerfing something or another every week. One is talking about not playing D3 anymore.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month
16. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 15:18 avianflu

"some levels were verging on tedious"

enjoyed the game but entirely agree on that point

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Editor and Follow-up Plans
10. Re: Legend of Grimrock Editor and Follow-up Plans Jun 20, 2012, 13:34 avianflu

enjoyed it but would have liked a bit more variety in the levels. well executed in any case.  

News Comments > Microsoft Unveils Surface
52. Re: Microsoft Unveils Surface Jun 19, 2012, 14:13 avianflu

pricing is key

If it costs $1200 or up, the MS tablet is just another laptop with a keyboard and ports on the side.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
18. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 18, 2012, 11:26 avianflu

I read the entire thread and what Torvald is asking for is open source for nvidia drivers. That's nvidia's RandD, and that asking for a lot.

I see both sides but nvidia is entirely within its rights to protect its stuff.

News Comments > Origin Sale; EA Calls Service "A Huge Success"
14. Re: Origin Sale; EA Calls Service Jun 18, 2012, 11:19 avianflu

Mr DeMartini: you never say "never" to the press about anything. You'll eat those words.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 15, 2012, 13:49 avianflu

Beamer I wish it were that simple; I've been using the "preview" and you'll get dumped into Metro at various points using the "classic desktop" and it is annoying.

And you cant put document shortcuts on metro, which will surely annoy many. App shortcuts yes. Docs no.

All you can really do is learn the new keyboard shortcuts since anything else will slow you down.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Adventure Pack Next Month
5. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Adventure Pack Next Month Jun 14, 2012, 15:54 avianflu

Town screens in VI finally?!

YMMV but I did not like this version of HOMM. "Simplified" is fine but now *all* of the troop types can be healed with ease. Changes battles into pointless heal fests. And you can create massive armies quickly so zerging works too well, especially with easy healing.

There's part of a great game buried in there somewhere.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 13
4. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 13, 2012, 22:31 avianflu

that kotaku article should have never been posted. Is the author 12 years old?  

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
55. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 10:38 avianflu

Did someone in the thread actually suggest that Blizzard has the right to make a modest profit with the auction house? Yea modest -- for digital goods and then times the millions of digital items sold. Yea that's nothing but modest all over it.

Blizzard demands another cash cow and it shall have it!

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
23. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 11, 2012, 22:22 avianflu

Good thing D3 single-player is online so that it could prevent these things from happening. Mandatory online gaming is awesome.

I am gonna call it: Worst major release game of 2012

1325 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo