Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1325 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
23. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 7, 2012, 14:21 avianflu

the underlying issue is that the intel 4000 GPU encroaches upon dedicated GPU's for the first time for real in 20 years. Manufacturers are happy with the simplicity of an integrated GPU on laptops. And desktop sales contune downward. Not a great time for either nvidia or AMD.

Obviously the 4000 will never, ever, touch what a $200 GPU can do but the functionality of the 4000 is power conservative and cheap to manufacture and it handles all directx TandL calls, etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 7, 2012, 11:14 avianflu

We've had endless "catalyst" driver issue with their video cards over the years and still do. Multi-monitor issues are rampant because the catalyst driver overrides the windows monitor settings but only in certain ways, and vice versa. And catalyst requires .Net, which means chronic security patches for .Net for a freakin driver. Linux support of AMD is not robust. YMMV.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs
16. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs Sep 7, 2012, 10:49 avianflu

the long gameplay videos on youtube from the dev show a very promising strategy game. And the devs seem to be big fans of the original XCOM.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA Hates Single-Player Games, Or Not
28. Re: Quoteworthy - EA Hates Single-Player Games, Or Not Sep 6, 2012, 10:35 avianflu

EA makes itself less and less relevant to gamers.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2012, 10:33 avianflu

seems like a bad idea to buy a first gen console of any brand.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Scrapping Always on DRM
38. Re: Ubisoft Scrapping Always on DRM Sep 5, 2012, 14:20 avianflu

this change of mind wont help Ubi's HOMMVI game since the mandatory online crud is written into the game in a few different ways.  

News Comments > Labor Day Safety Dance
6. Re: Labor Day Safety Dance Sep 5, 2012, 06:47 avianflu

Its not that simple.

On Android I have had several apps change their privacy settings after a supposedly simple incremental update. It is I suspect intentional to slip these things into an update. Weekly patch updates are "gotchyas" designed to fool the user.

The larger issue is that most recently I have seen separate background processes that are installed along with an app. I only install major name apps and still this is happening. You can stop the service in question and see if it breaks the app but geez.

The bottomline is I no longer install phone apps unless I actually use them every single day.

News Comments > Labor Day Tech Bits
7. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 4, 2012, 17:02 avianflu

Tom, I agree, but this is all 100% China-owned business. If one arm of "foxconn" is posting the worst quarter ever, that certainly signals issues with the manufacturing arm of Foxconn.

There's plenty of reason to believe China is steamrolling in the direction of its own recession.

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
5. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 15:47 avianflu

for about 3 months several years ago, it was fun.  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
43. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 14:42 avianflu

T2's videos make it look very very like T1 gameplay-wise.

Borderlands 2 looks great but I am concerned that it will be half a game at launch, with lots of DLC to buy extra. Not a pre-buy for me.

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access
11. Re: Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access Aug 30, 2012, 09:57 avianflu

the gameplay videos are interesting but yea, wait for lots of reviews. They got rid of the separate battle map which is unfortunate.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 29, 2012, 16:20 avianflu

sigh, all that blogger does is use shortcutkeys instead of actually _using_ the new interface. He even says "Windows Key Hotkeys are your life."

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 29, 2012, 10:59 avianflu

All SONY had to do was include 16 gigs internal to the system at the $249 price, and they would have sold TONS globally.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 15:08 avianflu

at least its 5 bucks, which sounds like the right price for a house building kit.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 28, 2012, 15:04 avianflu

if it is 600 bucks, I will happily pass.  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI DLC & Gold Edition Next Month
7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI DLC & Gold Edition Next Month Aug 24, 2012, 07:07 avianflu

As someone who foolishly bought it before release, dont buy it, even for 10 bucks.

They messed up the gameplay in more ways than I can count. And then there's UPlay on top.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 15:04 avianflu

Sorry but for folks who use lots of different applications to get actual work done in the course of a day, no, win8 is not better. Your only real solution is to use keyboard shortcuts to maintain speed and efficiency.

For sure, If you arent already using alt-tab, you absolutely will be addicted to it with Win8.

For websurfers on touch tablets who are skimming content? Sure they can go crazy with win 8 and more power to them.

Metro coded apps _must_ run in the metro interface and non-metro "classic" apps can run only in the "classic" interface. Newer apps may have functionality in both interfaces but not offer the same functionality.

Note further that the "Metro RT tablets" are different from "Metro tablets" and can only run metro apps. RT tablets cannot run regular windows apps. Consumers will be very confused by all of this.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
34. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 14:49 avianflu

The user reviews for metacritic continue to be particularly critical for D3. The game is losing traction and fast.

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year
7. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year Aug 20, 2012, 12:08 avianflu

you have to wonder why they are taking so long for a sequel  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Borderlands 2
60. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 20, 2012, 12:05 avianflu

my only concern with B2 is that they will throw a lot of little DLC stuff that should have been in the game anyway. So I am holding off until after the release date.

I am playing SSX now (from the bargain racks) and it is absurd how EA monetized almost everything in that game.

1325 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo