Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1325 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 24, 2012, 10:46 avianflu

Credit cards are no more convenient than cash no matter what the bank ads say.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned
32. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Oct 24, 2012, 10:40 avianflu

jimnms wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 08:34:
Am I the only one that finds DLC like this puts me off wanting to buy the game?

Yup, for this game, count me in that group with you. Same thing with Borderlands 2.

It is particularly annoying with XCOM that you cannot color code your troops without the DLC. That was 200% wrong.

News Comments > DiRT 4 Hints?
2. Re: DiRT 4 Hints? Oct 24, 2012, 10:32 avianflu

i heard nothing but disappointment about Dirt 3. I think Codemasters knows they messed up.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 16:01 avianflu

I am very curious but will wait for lots of reviews  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
42. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 22, 2012, 15:31 avianflu

Beamer I dont know what's worse! Your're right and MS is monolithically clueless about Win 8's deficiencies. Or I am right and "MS corporate" is playing dumb that their new o/s will fizzle.

37. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 22, 2012, 11:01 avianflu

Beamer I hear you, but MS has made binding business deals with global hardware manufacturers for both tablets and laptops for XMAS season at least 2 years ago regarding windows 8. It is too late to not release it; well unless MS doesnt mind going to court with HP, Dell, Samsung, etc, about "lost profits."

35. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 22, 2012, 10:07 avianflu

MS already knows that win8/Metro/RT will flop in both the consumer and enterprise marketplace, but it cannot say that for obvious reasons involving stock values.

At this point all MS can do is "smile and nod" until 2014 rolls around.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 18, 2012, 16:39 avianflu

Many medical devices 20 years ago were strictly firmware driven with no internet and going back to that would solve a lot of these malware problems.  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Patch Plans
6. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Plans Oct 18, 2012, 11:58 avianflu

i am surprised how much the gameplay was improved from 1 to 2. It isnt immediately obvious until progressing a bit with your characters.  

News Comments > Firm Says Steam URLs Exploitable
60. Re: Firm Says Steam URLs Exploitable Oct 18, 2012, 10:55 avianflu

Yes, there may be tricks to work around this exploit in your browser, blah blah blah.

But c'mon, it doesnt change the underlying chronic security risks associated with running *any* network game client on your PC.

So yea we all have Steam here at Blue's because we like PC games.

What I do not get is how anyone here at Blue's can see Steam as anything other than an annoying, but regretfully necessary network client on our computers.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
33. Re: Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition Oct 18, 2012, 07:22 avianflu

It is easy to forget that FarCry's giant, detailed, and well-scaled outdoor levels happened 6 months before Doom 3's release. And you could run and gun if desired, or stealth it up. Then Doom3 released.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
24. Re: Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition Oct 17, 2012, 16:43 avianflu

I will never forget the shock and disappointment of running the Doom 3 demo.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2012, 16:36 avianflu

no major gaming website has more random and variable reviews than IGN, and that's saying something.  

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
8. Re: More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints Oct 17, 2012, 14:28 avianflu

Great memorable game but the DLC so far was completely underwhelming.  

News Comments > King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month
13. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 16:53 avianflu

I sorta agree with that but in 2 specific instances for me in "princess" there were no more troops on the map that I could defeat without losing loads of my troops (and importantly -- easier enemies dont ever respawn on a map) and I had no money. At that point you are truly stuck.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 16, 2012, 16:15 avianflu

agreed though this guy was actually violating laws with the pics of under-16 girls. He needed to be exposed. It wouldnt surprise me if Texas laws put him in prison. It is laughable how many folks think it was a violation of free speech to reveal him

11. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 16:11 avianflu

The game is great but it is hampered by the mechanic where you "need money for troops." That's in itself is fine of course, but there's no way to make more money every week, as you can with HOMM3. There's no revenue stream.

So you may find yourself stuck on a map with no money to buy troops unless you are careful to only get in battles you can win without troop attrition.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 16, 2012, 12:17 avianflu

ugh. the new "pinning" feature does solve my biggest gripe with the update. Now I can make shortcuts.

But my 3 different xboxes simply run more slowly with the metro interface than ever before. I suspect metro runs with a larger footprint and lots of caching. Hate it.

5. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 12:10 avianflu

I do love these games but this one doesnt look all that different from the previous versions and add-ons.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?
33. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 15, 2012, 10:42 avianflu

Just wait 90 days max after the launch of virtually any game not by blizzard and there will be a notable discount/sale. I just wait for those to happen these days.

1325 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo