Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1325 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
46. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 12, 2013, 09:07 avianflu

Just google arstechnica Sony UK exec: PS4 used game question “isn’t clarified just yet”
British boss' pointed non-statement walks Sony back on the controversial issue.

"...PlayStation UK Managing Director Fergal Gara to confirm reports of Yoshida's earlier "used games are OK" statements, his answer was a bit less than reassuring for potential PS4 buyers.

"Well, first of all, we haven't stated that second-hand games... we haven’t made a statement on the second-hand games question," Gara said. "The answer to the pre-owned question isn’t clarified just yet and we’re working through that and we’ll announce our position in more detail as and when we can."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2013, 19:37 avianflu

Actually no, SONY PR quickly stepped back about anything they said about used-games 2 days after their event and then hoped no one would notice that they took everything back.

I wouldn't believe a word SONY is saying on that matter, but YMMV.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
73. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:23 avianflu

+1 for Jivaro

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2013, 14:30 avianflu

I actually liked the 360 for console games (Forza!) but the last 2 GUI updates completely turned me off. I want a game console not a DVR.

Oh that announcement that the "Steam box" will cost 1000 bucks? Are they serious?

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
53. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 14:23 avianflu

If many game consumers turn away from the game out of frustration, that is one way to reduce server overload. Heck It might be playable for the few who still want to play it.

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
63. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 15:51 avianflu

None of the major game review websites have reviewed this game except Giant Bomb. That's odd in itself with a major game release.

Normally they most would have reviewed by now. Look at Far Cry 3 or Crysis 3 as a point of comparison. Or really any major game release.

Perhaps the reviewers cannot actually connect to play?

News Comments > Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month
8. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 7, 2013, 09:54 avianflu

Let's further stomp that once notable franchise into the ground.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2013, 09:52 avianflu

LinkedIn managed to escape bad PR in spite of a huge huge account breach.  

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
6. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 09:44 avianflu

You would think EA would have anticipated and planned and tested for something that is 100% mandatory online.

I am still not convinced Simcity has the broad consumer appeal of The Sims, but apparently EA thinks it does.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: Morning Q&As Mar 6, 2013, 11:21 avianflu

DII was fun, even with some notable flaws. The end of Part 1's story was bizarro.

The biggest stumbling block for many was a drastic difficulty increase early in the game when you get to the first tower. Instant death from the long-range archer skels. Later on, the game is too easy.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 6, 2013, 11:13 avianflu

As someone who has verizon DSL in a remote area (no other options other than G3 cell or satellite) and experienced the rate-hike -- yes it looked fishy of Verizon for a few reasons and yes I promptly cancelled the service after the rate hike.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues
51. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 5, 2013, 13:37 avianflu

is it wrong to hope this game tanks?

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: Evening Q&As Mar 5, 2013, 10:39 avianflu

even for its time, the graphics on the combat screens of AoW were very generic, tiny little figures. Hoping for the best for 3.  

News Comments > Dead Island Riptide Preorder Bonuses
15. Re: Dead Island Riptide Preorder Bonuses Mar 5, 2013, 10:37 avianflu

an entire game of melee combat with no combos and 3 different enemy types is asking for boredom.

It was a fun game for 10 hours and for 10 bucks.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Patch Brings Base Resets
9. Re: Far Cry 3 Patch Brings Base Resets Mar 5, 2013, 10:33 avianflu

rarely has a game rec'd so much almost non-stop praise from gamers upon release for about 5 days, and then gamers soon thereafter changed their minds and called the game average.  

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
13. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 10:30 avianflu

It is worth pointing out the original devs jumped ship after the first one, along with other key people they took along with them. Completely different folks involved in 2 and 3.

google Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
26. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 16:56 avianflu

For my 2nd and latest character I just steal/pickpocet anything I need and go along for the storylines. Everything you see in the gameworld is "free for me" at that point

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2013, 13:56 avianflu

hilariously absurd.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailers; Details
12. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailers; Details Mar 4, 2013, 13:41 avianflu

"Your favorite game, New and Improved! Now with Pirates!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots
27. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots Mar 1, 2013, 17:13 avianflu

I kinda hope no QTE's this time around. Not a game breaker but annoying.

I'd like to see a more elaborate magic system, but I realize that might not mesh with the lore.

The graphics of 2 were awesome but those hatch-mark shadows? -- I hope they can work in that in 3.

1325 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo