Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1325 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
19. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 11:27 avianflu

Ha! -- you guys should see the narrow FOV in the console version of Far Cry 3. It is like looking through the eye of a needle.

All in all, a narrow FOV isnt a deal breaker and the gameplay vids of Metro look like they created an interesting and immersive game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed May 15, 2013, 10:20 avianflu

yes but my point is that **game devs** have to look at the gamer scores whether they want to or not. They cannot escape it (because it is on metacritic). Hence, it drives game devs nuts that metacritic exists.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 15, 2013, 10:16 avianflu

I am not willing to compare the 2 guys because they are so completely different in virtually every way.

I will say that, since forever, Bill G reads like he has Asperger's. Folks like that drive me nuts.

His wife and aging seems to have tempered him for the better.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 15, 2013, 10:02 avianflu

Notably, Metacritic forces game devs to look at an aggregate of gamer's scores. Something that game devs generally dont bother doing or dont like doing.

And there it is on one web page that EVERYBODY knows about in the gaming industry.

That aggregate gamer score doesnt express everything important of course, but it says something about the desirability of a particular game to consumers.

Metacritic for all of its faults offers insights into the game consumer's mind that arent offered in any other way.

Warren should realize that metacritic can be a useful tool for game devs, if taken with a grain of salt.

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
55. Re: Defiance Renewed May 13, 2013, 11:25 avianflu

sci-fi is all about the **sustained** quality of writing and the use of real imagination, rather than using recycled plots. if good writing isnt there, then truly nothing can save the show. This is why Farscape, for all of its faults, was still entertaining sci-fi. This is also why "star trek enterprise" was bottom-of-the-barrel bad.

News Comments > Square Enix's "Extraordinary" Losses
4. Re: Square Enix's May 13, 2013, 10:27 avianflu

i am a bit surprised sleeping dogs only sold 1.75 million units. Maybe it wasnt western enough for the west?

Then again, the very poor title choice of the game and the endless crapular DLC's didnt help.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 13, 2013, 09:05 avianflu

"Windows slower:" giantly bogus article based on subjectivity and broad generalizations.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Downtime Continues
10. Re: Diablo III Auction House Downtime Continues May 10, 2013, 10:13 avianflu

And the console version approaches...

it should be interesting when the global console crowds are added to the mix.

News Comments > The Forest Trailer
3. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 10:07 avianflu

love the idea but they've never actually made a game before to completion and it might be over-ambitious for a first game. I wish them good luck though.  

News Comments > EA 10% Layoff Report Confirmed
14. Re: EA 10% Layoff Report Confirmed May 9, 2013, 13:37 avianflu

Weren't there other EA layoffs last month too? EA is looking a bit wobbly these days.  

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
71. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 09:25 avianflu

I despise EA these days but someone working there was legally savvy enough to stop using the branded names of guns in their games.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2013, 10:59 avianflu

I loath the company and the idea of cloud software, but Adobe has several products that are "de facto industry standard" so they might be able to pull this idea off. Quasi monopoly in some respects.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 2, 2013, 10:08 avianflu

very agreed -- just like you I have been waiting for the right price to get a 3dsxl, and from amazon.

I can see both sides for the businesses in question, but ultimately I would think Nintendo would partner with Amazon, the largest internet retailer on the planet.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness May 2, 2013, 09:44 avianflu

Quinn are you saying you've never had the "mandatory to play" Ubi servers go down on you (which they did a lot and it is well documented), and you bought this day one? Cough.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 2, 2013, 09:33 avianflu

V, I hear that Amazon wanted to discount the prices of nintendo hardware by 10 bucks or so and Nintendo said "no." Amazon already does this with the Sony and MS consoles and it seems to benefit all concerned. Ultimately Nintendo is shooting itself in the foot when they do things like this because the demand for their current products isn't that great to warrant price-fixing (which is essentially what Nintendo is doing).  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness May 2, 2013, 09:24 avianflu

As someone who was pre-bought Heroes VI (a terrible game plagued by bugs, incompleteness, faction imbalance, and crazy online requirements). Oh and an early version of Uplay on top of that .... I hope this games sells zero copies. I am not easily annoyed, so the above is saying something.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 30, 2013, 16:58 avianflu

folks ,yes that is totally a gimmick and nonessential to any game.

But as frivolous gimmicks go, it is impressive and novel.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Apr 30, 2013, 16:48 avianflu

The game seems to rely very heavily on ultra-colored lighting to make it look "different" but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 29, 2013, 11:51 avianflu

er, the tracking cookie has already effectively been replaced by even more stealthy pixel cookies (and other things) and for some time now. Not sure what the actual point of that article was.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 25, 2013, 14:47 avianflu

true about the gamecube but the thing is -- I am not sure Nintendo is flush with cash these days. Time will tell.  

1325 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo