Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1309 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 30, 2013, 16:58 avianflu

folks ,yes that is totally a gimmick and nonessential to any game.

But as frivolous gimmicks go, it is impressive and novel.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Apr 30, 2013, 16:48 avianflu

The game seems to rely very heavily on ultra-colored lighting to make it look "different" but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 29, 2013, 11:51 avianflu

er, the tracking cookie has already effectively been replaced by even more stealthy pixel cookies (and other things) and for some time now. Not sure what the actual point of that article was.  

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 25, 2013, 14:47 avianflu

true about the gamecube but the thing is -- I am not sure Nintendo is flush with cash these days. Time will tell.  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter "Fresh Look" Reveal in "Days"
19. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 12:24 avianflu

it was a very polished game, but the scope of the gameplay was too narrow, especially when compared to the almost epic gameplay of the original game.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 24, 2013, 12:07 avianflu

The emulators article is sorta beside the point because it is the cellphone and tablet emulators that really matter at the moment.  

News Comments > Paypal vs. Skullgirls
9. Re: Paypal vs. Skullgirls Apr 23, 2013, 14:47 avianflu

What Verno says: PayPal can freeze your paypal account for any reason they see fit and they dont have to obey the laws that banks have to when there are disputes. I wouldnt go anywhere near them myself.  

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed
7. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 11:50 avianflu

sounds more like it should be a patch than an expansion....  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2013, 15:06 avianflu

the latter part of that "lumbering toward cool again" article could be an "Onion" fake article.  

News Comments > NY Times on 38 Studios
1. Re: NY Times on 38 Studios Apr 22, 2013, 10:01 avianflu

A great article: the bond investors (basically 3 banks) are to be faulted for lack of due diligence equally as well as the state and the business. All 3 entities wanted to believe the cash would start flowing in.

Chafee's usual aloofness did not help him in the aftermath, but then again, he would never have allowed this deal to happen on his watch.

Schilling though, comes off looking completely inept as a CEO. Poor business decisions from the get-go. I love the part where there's not a new investor that will go anywhere near "38 Studios," then Schilling asks Chafee in person for millions more and Chafee simply and correctly says no.

News Comments > Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games
32. Re: Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games Apr 19, 2013, 09:31 avianflu

As others also say here, Dragon's Dogma was by far my favorite console game of the year. Not perfect and not always polished but original in a number of ways. You are missing out if you havent played it. The end is bizarre.

There's still some talent at capcom.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 12, 2013, 14:24 avianflu

bizarre for MS to cancel the family pack _now_. If they had done this because of a total revamp of LIVE and with the release of a new console that might almost make some sense.  

News Comments > RI Considering Defaulting 38 Studios Loan
6. Re: RI Considering Defaulting 38 Studios Loan Apr 12, 2013, 14:18 avianflu

the creditors are banks or investment firms (projo has an article about this). Those businesses bear the responsibility of due diligence before they invest their bucks.

It is a notable mistake for RI to default (I dont think they will), but I am not crying for banks and investment firms who may only get a portion of their original investment.

News Comments > Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Footage
27. Re: Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Footage Apr 12, 2013, 09:21 avianflu

I watched some youtube gameplay videos and realized the game forces one to play the same areas repeatedly to succeed. Add to that one hit deaths. I see the appeal but not for me.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Preorders; Trailer
19. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Preorders; Trailer Apr 11, 2013, 11:28 avianflu

looks like the devs played saints row the 3rd and then made this.  

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 11, 2013, 09:12 avianflu

its all rumors of course but there is a suggestion made here that there will be a starter xbox at entry level cost (whatever that exactly means).

I think both new consoles are deeply troubled with a 50% chance of sinking, but at least MS has money to spend on the dev and launch.

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Footage
15. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Footage Apr 11, 2013, 09:08 avianflu

i want to love this game but it looks rushed to release. Waiting for lots and lots of reviews.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 10, 2013, 11:27 avianflu

it is not that fluffy and article. He mentions how no one inside the industry really reads what gamers post on the internet or take it seriously. It is revealing for him to say that out loud and to a reporter.

And I like this quote:

"Everyone's kind of holding out hope for the new consoles, but I honestly don't think they're going to be that big a deal. I worry a lot that unless Microsoft or Sony pull something magically out of a hat, it's pretty much the same old, same old repackaged and I don't think they're going to change the dynamic of the retail market. I don't see how they can - the market is what it is."

News Comments > Rhode Island Alleges 38 Studios Deception
30. Re: Rhode Island Alleges 38 Studios Deception Apr 9, 2013, 12:04 avianflu

Blaming the voters is bizarre for about 90 reasons.

For folks who bother to follow the details of this story --- they would know that the primary architects of this business deal werent elected but appointed. Very much off the radar. And everyone associated with the deal left those positions before the meltdown.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 11:54 avianflu

EA Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore thought he was being super savvy by shifting the blame around in his response. But all he does is sound awkward and clueless.

1309 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo