Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1325 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls II Next March
7. Re: Dark Souls II Next March Jun 3, 2013, 12:31 avianflu

I'd be curious what will be substantively different in the new one, since the last 2 were quite similar to each other.

Of course you could say that same thing about the Ass. Creed games too

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
21. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 3, 2013, 09:48 avianflu

if used game titles are taken from the picture, that means digital game prices will have reason to stay higher. Fewer price-breaks and less seldom price breaks.

We already saw this with digital books versus used books.

For lots of reasons, I suspect both consoles will die a slow consumer death, much like the WiiU and Vita are now.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 31, 2013, 10:37 avianflu

E3 is really the last chance before November to roll out the PR offensives on the 2 new consoles.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2013, 10:35 avianflu

they need to kill metro entirely. And they will sometime in 2014.

This comment was edited on May 31, 2013, 10:42.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation May 30, 2013, 09:25 avianflu

i am curious what happens if you put black tape on the kinect's 2 visual sensors, as folks already do with web cams on computers.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2013, 12:39 avianflu

SONY has so few game exclusives these days that they really need something like a GT6 at launch.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2013, 10:09 avianflu

E3 is the next time we'll get to hear anything conclusive from either SONY or MS. It is just disjointed jabber in the meantime.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
13. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 28, 2013, 14:06 avianflu

lots of good points made here but it is worth pointing out that EA notably tarnished its brand image with simcity. It is a flagship property. You can only do that so many times before consumers start to remember that "EA = game doesnt work." That hinders future pre-buys and endorsements, etc.

I'd say EA messed up hugely with consumers, even more than BioWare did with MassEffect3's ending and ME3 was a memorable PR fail.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 28, 2013, 11:25 avianflu

amazon -- Forza Horizon is a great arcade racer  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
16. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 27, 2013, 08:00 avianflu

I am curious how MS is going to market this weird thing to general consumers when XMAS time comes. As a cable box? As a game console? As a creepy home surveillance device? I think typical consumers will be confused. MS has a very uphill battle selling it, though it will be fun to see the train wreck of trying to merchandise the device.

The PS3 did not make a "comeback;" It sold OK globally but there was never a sustained uptick in sales, and the 360 eventually overtook it in unit sales globally. The only thing that saved the PS3 is the price finally came down from the ridiculous $600 price point. The Wii completely and utterly crushed both of them in global unit sales. SONY flubbed it, after the great PS1 and PS2. MS's red ring of death should have killed their sales, but bizarrely, it didnt. The Halo franchise likely had something to do with that. 20-somethings are bonkers about Halo even to this day. If SONY can push out a sleek, cheap, gaming-centric console, they have a chance. But I am not betting on it. Just look at what they did to the VITA. Bloated hardware features. "It is just $250! Well, plus $200 in needed over-priced accessories!" No one bought the VITA: it is a walking zombie of a console.

49. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2013, 14:10 avianflu

Oh the schadenfreude i will feel when Sony does some variation of the same thing with used games, mandatory disk installations, and required internet.

(not entirely serious because gaming matters to me, but I think some folks here are living in la-la land about sony's plans for its peer console).

36. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2013, 13:27 avianflu

Kha's post is the best here: couldnt agree more. I had consoles so I didnt have to use Origin or Uplay or games for windows. Now with all of the DRM in consoles, there's little point in owning the new consoles.

Ironically all of this console DRM is good news for Steam, which is another form of DRM, only less evil than the other DRMs.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
40. Re: Evening Consolidation May 22, 2013, 09:23 avianflu

Folks, SONY will do some variation of this DRM stuff. How can you think otherwise?

SONY has doubled-back a few times now, so believe what comes out of SONY's PR staff at your own peril.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
10. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 15:01 avianflu

the thing is: my gadget savvy friends who dont play videogames already have some sort of "TV streaming gadget with attached or wireless storage" that works well for them. So that consumer group may not be interested in the streaming abilities of either the ps4 or xbox1.

We'll see in 2014.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
1. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 14:48 avianflu

MS went "all poker chips in" with a "livingroom home entertainment system."

Not sure the typical non-gaming consumer will be all that interested in such a device?

it is a total pass for me in any case.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 21, 2013, 14:07 avianflu

That wikipedia article was fascinating. At the same time I am not surprised. If by policy, anyone can edit and also edit anonymously.....  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews May 21, 2013, 13:46 avianflu

never say "never"  

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed May 16, 2013, 09:43 avianflu

DomGrief, have to disagree. Metacritic is so very disliked by game devs because it throws a small dose of reality in their faces every time they look at it. And they have to look at it because everyone looks at it.

That's why Warren so keenly wants it to be "irrelevant." Metacritic is TMI for game devs.

Yes of course the aggregate scoring is flawed but when thousands of gamers score a particular game, that starts to mean something.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 16, 2013, 09:26 avianflu

now if only google would kill all of Google+, that would be awesome.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2013, 09:24 avianflu

i suspect EA has something else up their sleeves that is just as onerous as the online pass and is directly related to the new consoles coming in the Fall.  

1325 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo