Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1309 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 14:25 avianflu

try saving your progress in "super stardust" when there is a new firmware system update. That happens every flippin time there is another ps3 system update. I suspect there is some anti-cracking reason that SONY has for doing this but that is just a guess.

There were 2 other PS store games where "you cannot save" happened, but I cannot recall atm. btw I dont ever save to the cloud so it cannot be that reason.

I am fairly sure that not auto-logging in will *not* stop the PS3 from looking for a system update. If your console is online, it looks every-time at startup. I know this because I do not auto login.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 13:47 avianflu

the biggest irritation with ps4 updates is that if you refuse the update, you can play your PS Store-bought games, but not save your progress. Which is b.s.

The only solution is to disable the internet before your turn on the ps4 so it doesnt see the update.

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC & Preorder Bonus Plans
10. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC & Preorder Bonus Plans Jun 19, 2013, 13:39 avianflu

it has the look down perfectly, I will give it that.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 19, 2013, 10:22 avianflu

loved the 70's logan's run but I fear the current hollywood machine will make it into non-stop action.  

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
12. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 10:14 avianflu

Hopefully that will mean a mandatory steam client update when I am on my laptop and on metered data.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Jun 19, 2013, 10:12 avianflu

the price will plummet in the usual Steam way.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2013, 14:14 avianflu

Another indication that digital sales are taking over the "choices" that game consumers have.

Heck you can buy a boxed game and all that is in the box is the steam code for the game.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
98. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 18, 2013, 13:29 avianflu

Beamer has made lots of great insights on gaming and games here. Not sure he deserves to be blocked, but of course that's a choice.  

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Jun 14, 2013, 10:05 avianflu

Actually, all 3 new consoles are going to die slow deaths in the consumer marketplace. I say that with sadness because I like an occasional console game.

But yea, MS really stepped into it at E3 with the 360 comment. Egads.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 10:01 avianflu

the "cloud" in this instance will just be another form of DRM imposed by MS and game pubs.

"Microsoft Hopes Publishers Will Provide More Value To Consumers If Xbox One Games Canít Be Resold."

the above is beyond bogus. Game pubs are going to package DLC similarly across the platforms as they always have. It would make no sense for them not to.

158. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 18:30 avianflu

SONY's earlier E3 presentation was certainly suggesting more than "just like PS3" no?

I dont blame SONY for seizing the PR moment, but they hedged after the fact.

155. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 18:18 avianflu

well I called this one

SONY backtracked: their DRM promises solely only applies to sony-made game titles.

On DRM:

"The DRM decision is going to have to be in the hands of the third parties. Thatís not something that weíre going to dictate or mandate or control or implement."

google kotaku for third-party-publishers-will-have-final-say-on-used-game

70. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 13:53 avianflu

Ack -- Verno **functionally** for the console gamer that is a hair of a difference you are making. SONY is just offloading DRM to the publishers. I am usually in agreement with you, but not so much on this one!

I guess we'll see what the major game pubs do.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailers
6. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailers Jun 11, 2013, 13:21 avianflu

they have the skills. look forward to the release.  

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 10:46 avianflu

yes but DRM will be functionally the same as far as consumers are concerned on both new consoles since it is the game publishers who are holding that DRM wheel and steering that DRM car.  

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 10:31 avianflu

Verno I dont disagree with you on your major points -- but it has to be said -- the major third party game publishers can still do whatever the heck they want with their own DRM initiatives. And they will.

And more importantly -- SONY will happily let game pubs use DRM of every type because **consoles live or die on their games library** not their launch price.

Also, a bit off topic but there is a mandatory 50 bucks a year for multiplayer paid to SONY PLUS on the new console. That's on par with MS and not a shocker.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 10:25 avianflu

Great pricing on Sony's part, especially after the truly disastrous launch price of the PS3.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 12:24 avianflu

Glad he put it out there as a point of debate -- though his normal life is over probably forever.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Reloaded Mod for NWN2
9. Re: Baldur's Gate: Reloaded Mod for NWN2 Jun 6, 2013, 14:34 avianflu

Very cool but the combat engine in the NW2 engine was lacking to say the least. Plus the camera issues. Not sure I want to revisit that.  

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
36. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 6, 2013, 14:22 avianflu

the new director has a thankless task: there's nothing that can be done to fix the game at this point. It will just be tweaks.  

1309 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo