Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for avianflu

Real Name avianflu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname avianflu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 2, 2010, 18:08
Total Comments 1326 (Pro)
User ID 55926

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details
18. Re: Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details Apr 14, 2014, 08:48 avianflu

All of the civ games are great but they have one hyper-enormous-fatal flaw -- the endless endgame of micromanagement that becomes tedious. Various efforts are there to "fix" the problem but they are more workarounds than fixing the gameplay problem of having 50 cities and a bazillion troops.

This is why I still pay HOMM3. Fun at the beginning, middle, and end parts. Play on a giant map if you want, and end with an apocalyptic battle.

I am interested in Warlock 2, which seems to avoid the endgame problem. Looking at reviews for it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Specs
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Specs Apr 9, 2014, 09:19 avianflu

Oh c'mon T, I just watched a gameplay video and the resemblance both in both gameplay and graphics to the most recent Ass Creed is unmistakable. That doesnt kill the game but still...  

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
18. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 7, 2014, 16:45 avianflu

Plus they use the qualifier "up to" and we all know what that means.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 14:24 avianflu

Supported backward compatibility from xbox to 360 was very spotty. I think we will see the same here. Nice feature to have but not essential.  

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
7. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 7, 2014, 14:10 avianflu

beta = use only if you really want to  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans?
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans? Apr 7, 2014, 09:56 avianflu

I am a sucker for the BL games but I suspect they will need to change the gameplay up quite a bit for the next iteration. Or it will be deemed MOTS by almost everyone.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 14:33 avianflu

The CEO's complete silence says it alll about where he stands. It is an even bet he steps down in a year, quietly.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 14:22 avianflu

Metacritic on Amazon is strictly for games and not movies. That raises an eyebrow.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 08:19 avianflu

everything said here is reasonable and true but the cloud is nothing but a corporate-based profit-based aggregator of consumers. Let's call it what it is.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III Apr 1, 2014, 08:16 avianflu

Warlocks 2 which is the same genre and comes out in 2 weeks is the one I am more interested in. AoW looks great though.  

News Comments > Origins Ditches Discs
37. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 16:10 avianflu

To ask your question in a different way: "How many network game clients is too many on your computer?" 1? 3? 5? It is a serious question.

It is not like these game clients are unobtrusive: they are shopping engines, each of which forces you to fiddle with account privs and security and etc.

I think every game consumer has a different answer to that question, which is fine. For me, the limit is one client. After the supreme disaster that was HOMM6 and Uplay, I learned an important lesson.

24. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 12:23 avianflu

I suspect you are right -- I just want Origin to go away so I want to believe Origin is hanging on the ropes....

Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 11:09:
avianflu wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 10:01:
I sense the smell of desperation. Steam has the marketshare.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. I don't believe EA's numbers for a bit (they claim like 40+ million users), but even so Origin is, perhaps sadly, doing pretty well for them.

This is purely done to save costs for printing discs and the like.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2014, 11:56 avianflu

C, I agree though a cloud company auto-scanning *everything* looking for protected media is a giant indicator how corporately incestuous Dropbox is.  

9. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 10:01 avianflu

I sense the smell of desperation. Steam has the marketshare.

News Comments > Runic Cofounders Leaving
7. Re: Runic Cofounders Leaving Mar 27, 2014, 13:40 avianflu

The TL games were great: wish them well in their future games.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
11. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 13:37 avianflu

The gameplay videos on youtube look really great but OTOH it seems very similar to Serious Sam.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 10:16 avianflu

A _wide_ library of PS1 and PS2 emulations on the P45 is the only reason I would get a PS4. The PS1 emulator on my nexus tablet rocks and I would happily pay SONY for more of that experience.

OTOH, it will be at least a year before we see how this feature fares.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 10:12 avianflu

The prudent thing to do with this game is wait a full 6 months after release for bugs to be ironed out -- and then give it a one month try.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
126. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 09:03 avianflu

Alex this is not about "hating FB;" this is about a VERY promising VR tech for games, now owned by a global corporation that will turn it into some form of advertisement machine. Let's hope that FB buys Candy Saga and then will we'll see "pay-to-play VR games." That would be awesome.

AlexSledge wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 08:55:
I wouldn't invest so much energy into hating Facebook (not that I don't share in distaste for all things FB), but instead focus on the competition, and help them instead.

I'm not going to tell you who to back instead of Oculus, but there are other driven, capable, intelligent folks out there working on alternate solutions to the Oculus Rift which could use your support.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
118. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 08:42 avianflu

The Worst News for Gamers for 2014.  

1326 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo