Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Somnambulator

Real Name Somnambulator   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.thestoleneye.com/
Signed On Sep 1, 2010, 22:38
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 55925

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
82. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 19:31 Somnambulator

"The accompanying FAQ explains how this will operate, and notes that while Korean players cannot participate, they will be holding a separate invitation-only event in Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau."

WTF is Macau and does anyone care?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 20, 2012, 22:47 Somnambulator

FYI she was sampled in Avicii's Levels and the Avicii-produced Good Feeling by Flo Rida.  

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade-Ins
4. Re: Valve on Steam Trade-Ins Aug 26, 2011, 21:56 Somnambulator

The World Bank is the last organization i'd want helping me understand economics, let alone creating a market exchange for digital goods.  

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
20. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 12:08 Somnambulator

wtf? this is just as unconsolized as every other valve game...there's virtually nothing consoled about it. you wont find a pc gamer in the world more critical of console ports (even good ones) but this isnt one. at all. this is a true PC game.  

News Comments > Greyhound Manager 2 and Demo Released
1. Re: Greyhound Manager 2 and Demo Released Dec 30, 2010, 14:05 Somnambulator

WTF is with all these simulator games? Bus driver 2010? greyhound racing? forklift driving? train conducting? who the FUCK buys this shit?  

News Comments > EA on OnLive
8. Re: EA on OnLive Nov 20, 2010, 02:50 Somnambulator

what a joke. i have a free onlive account and played some demos of games i have on steam and the quality is not even close to running the game from my computer. i played UT3 amongst others and the quality was less than what i imagine xbox to look like. any PC gaming vet will instantly see vague textures, blurred lines, and upscaled video.

you also cant install mods, change video/audio settings, and run gaming mice with buttons you wish to map. only good for casual/laptop users and the console device looks very interesting (but still not appealing to me).

News Comments > On PC Battlefield 3
26. Re: On PC Battlefield 3 Oct 21, 2010, 12:17 Somnambulator

i dont trust anything EA puts out until the release something i havent regretting buying 6 months later.
BC2 was...OK at best. the gameplay was fun, for a little while. the consolitis was too much to bear and took them 6 months just to fix mouse acceleration. i fixed it myself in a few hours of tweaking. It's still not perfect because it's built on console input APIs.

All console games will have terrible mouse support because they run a different API to allow for a controller. This is slower and "laggy" on systems with high FPS with gaming-quality mice (1000hz USB polling and >2600 DPI). there's absolutely nothing that can be done to truly fix this, only alleviate it.

Until the have separate core systems, especially input APIs, PC ports will only ever be just that: a port. The philosophies behind console and FPS gameplay have so far been fundamentally different. Some games like CoD franchise have done good to very well-done ports, in terms of consolitis, but even then the gameplay lacks. near-100% accurate guns firing full-auto? rocket/grenade launchers? lack of prone? while not certainly not introduced by consoles, these werent exactly common-place on PCs (real shooters) before.

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo