Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simply Monk

Real Name Simply Monk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SimplyMonk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 10734308
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2010, 19:35
Total Comments 633 (Apprentice)
User ID 55902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details
19. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 11:49 SimplyMonk

Verno wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 09:12:
I swear going into retirement I'm going to have a list of like 500 games to play.

"What? I'm a grandfather now? When did you get pregnant? You are married?

"War... War never changes..."

"Yeah... That's great, Honey. I'm happy for you."

*keyboard and mouse clicking*

"See the kid? Uhhh... Well... I'm kinda busy. The Waste isn't going to save itself... Then there are these dragons I have to slay.. or save. I'm not really sure, but I think it involves having my dwarves build a working water pulley system. Sorry, Hun! I got to go!"

*ghouls screams and gunfire*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
7. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 16:54 SimplyMonk

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
6. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 16:54 SimplyMonk

So far away and long past the events that your previous choices in the universe won't have mattered or be mentioned. We aren't getting trapped like that again.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 2, 2015, 18:55 SimplyMonk

Cross promotion kicking into high gear. Smart move and not something a lot of other game companies can do well.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2015, 13:26 SimplyMonk

The Half Elf wrote on May 4, 2015, 13:21:
Should I tell him this time?

Naw. Its funnier this way. It is why I'm also sad that Facebook will now start labeling satire articles posted to the News feed.

News Comments > Hatred in June
26. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 18:01 SimplyMonk

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 10:00:
Not all that much different from that leading video game.

You know... When I watched the first trailer of Hatred a couple of months ago, I cringed and felt sick to my stomach a few times.

Then I watched all the MKX Fatalities back-to-back on YouTube. Now Hatred doesn't bother me so much purely in terms of gore and execution.

Yay! Desensitized!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 13:23 SimplyMonk

BobBob wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 11:33:
Until then, I express my apologies to the Earth for the growing and destructive parasite known as mankind.

The Earth doesn't care. It was here a few billion years before we got here and will be here a few billion after until the sun gobbles it up. Any destruction we cause, we only cause to ourselves. We might give it a little scarring and some bruises, but it will probably get itself back to normal in a billion years or so after we kill ourselves.

Well, unless we open up a black hole or something. Then the Earth might care, but really, we'd only be cutting its life span by like 20% and it is doomed anyways.

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
22. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 18:13 SimplyMonk

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 15:10:
You should care because you're otherwise enriching a douchebag. Where possible I try to spend my consumer dollars in-line with my politics. I used to buy Dominoes pizza until I found out their right-wing fascists. No longer am I a customer.

Go ahead and order yourself a bacon-crust pizza from Dominoes. They haven't been associated with Monaghan since '98. I'm sure he still has a bunch of stock in the company, but the company itself has been supporting a number of Gay Pride events since then and I don't think just because a company has a despicable investor means that it isn't worth your money.

Now the QUALITY of the pizza might still be reason to have issues with them.

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
16. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 13:52 SimplyMonk

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 13:43:
The Magician wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:14:
Fuck Adam Baldwin.

Well Fillion seems to like him, so fuck him too?

We all have that friend that we talk to occasionally and might go somewhere public with to have just a simple good time... but when the conversation turns to politics or religion we just sigh and tune out.

News Comments > Ghost in the Shell Online: First Connection Coming West
2. Re: Ghost in the Shell Online: First Connection Coming West Apr 9, 2015, 11:05 SimplyMonk

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 10:45:
So why would you go to the trouble and expense of licensing GitS only to make a game that has nothing to do with it. Fucking useless.

Yeah. Sadness. I saw little in there that justifies the use of the license outside of art style. Besides that it was kinda just a generic futuristic shooter. Maybe there is some character augment/cyberware customization that wasn't shown though.

At least they had a Tachikoma.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
16. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 14:26 SimplyMonk

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 14:20:
bhcompy wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 13:32:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 13:12:
So the PS5 will just be a box that streams games from a central server?

Eh, more for demos and the ability to stream your PS5 elsewhere, just like you can with your PS4 and Vita

Doesn't even need to be a box for that, just a controller with some networking and rendering functionality....

That was Gaikai's main selling point before getting bought out by Sony. They were offering publishers a means to host fully playable demos on their websites or Facebook.

Want to try the new Call of Duty out? Here. Play 15 minutes of it through your browser.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2015, 11:03 SimplyMonk

Axis wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 10:06:
S3 of HoC was not near as good as the first two.

There were individual episodes I enjoyed, but yeah. As a whole it felt like nothing really happened and the end made me go "Is that it?"

Felt more like the entire season was just setup for some awesome stuff to happen next season.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
9. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 10:59 SimplyMonk

OnLive would of had to have been actual competition for this to really make anything worst. I've had the service since it first started and only played maybe 3 times. Never that enjoyable and their pricing model was always obscene given the platform being around for more than a handful of years was always shaky at best.

This is purely a patent buyout so that Sony doesn't have some patent troll buying Onlive and threatening Gakai's work.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 1, 2015, 11:28 SimplyMonk

Alexa. Press my Amazon Dash Butter button for me. My muscles have atrophied and I need more butter for my Cinnabon. Press the Amazon Dash Paramedics button too. I think my heart stopped.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2015, 16:09 SimplyMonk

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 15:01:
I've learned over the years that if I do exactly what I want to do all the time, I'll be single extremely fast.

I lucked out and married a woman that shares my interest in quality anime and occasionally a really good series like Breaking Bad, Dexter or Game of Thrones.

Now my problem is she'll start watching something like Naruto, ask me to watch it with her, but lose interest in it after the 50th episode or whatever. Flash forward to 6 months later, she wants to start watching Naruto again, but insists we watch it from the beginning....

Rinse and repeat for the last 5 years. I'm really starting to get curious about how Shippuden turns out.

At least this last time I was able to convince her to skip all the filler episodes of Naruto (something like 40% of them are filler) so this time I might stand a chance of making it out of the series.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 13:27 SimplyMonk

BobBob wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 13:18:
Salt water can be used for non-drinking uses - especially toilets. It's absolutely ridiculous that we are concerned about lack of drinking water while sitting next to the largest body of water on the planet.

Although I would love to see research and infrastructure in this direction, like the article says, agriculture is the real consumer in California taking ~80% compared to residential's ~10%.

Worst case scenario here is that the price of water makes certain crops no longer viable in California and some farms are forced to relocate or change to a more water efficient crop.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 13:19 SimplyMonk

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 12:55:
Worth noting that Cali isn't the only large farm area with water problems.

Yeah. Crazy thing I learned about almonds this week, if the internet is to be believed, is that a single almond takes a gallon of water to grow. Madness.

News Comments > New Evolve Hunters Next Week
8. Re: New Evolve Hunters Next Week Mar 19, 2015, 13:09 SimplyMonk

verybad1 wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 12:52:
Why don't they just pesticide the planet? Seems like too much effort to send in mediocre hunters that get killed and have to be pained etc.

The monster's nesting grounds are above a vein of unobtainium and the humans need it to power their egos.

News Comments > New Evolve Hunters Next Week
4. Re: New Evolve Hunters Next Week Mar 19, 2015, 10:59 SimplyMonk

InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 09:22:
How much?

The preview page for Behemoth says $15 for him. Not sure if that is the price for him alone or the price for him + hunters.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
29. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 17, 2015, 10:56 SimplyMonk

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 20:09:
SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 12:17:
Verno wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 11:20:
Last year had a ton of disappointing releases and DA:I was pretty decent, expectations were low after DA2 which didn't hurt either. For all of the crap it gets from myself and others it was a genuinely good game dragged down by some regrettable design issues.

Compared to DA:O, DA:I is pretty god damn sad. I enjoyed my one play through though but the veil of my decisions actually mattering when I watched my wife on some of her play through and realized even though she made drastically different decisions, nothing actually changed at any point throughout the game.

Picking the Templars over the Mages totally changes the game.

I'm assuming you are joking? My wife picked Mages. I picked Templars. Nothing actually changed except the actual quest line and one boss fight. If you can even call it a boss fight as the only thing that was different is I got attacked at Haven by the Mage Representative, who I never bothered even learning the name of, rather than the Templar Guy.

Yeah, there were templar NPCs present when closing the rift rather than mage NPCs... but throughout the entire game I was still fighting a shit ton of Red Templars the entire time even though I had disbanded/saved the Templars?

I don't even...

633 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo