Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim Garrett

Real Name Jim Garrett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fool
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 21, 2010, 17:29
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 55900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
62. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 14:31 Fool

My deepest sympathies.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2013, 13:13 Fool

Blue, my sympathies for your loss, but at the same time my congratulations for having had such an amazing woman in your life for so long. Your grandma sounds an awful lot like my own, who passed away 8 years ago this month. With any luck their spirits will meet and they will share many laughs together for all eternity. My best to you and yours, sir.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 13:02 Fool

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 13:16 I have a friend/coworker who discovered, out of that blue, that he has a gluten allergy. Which is pretty much all:
i bread/breading. He was already a diabetic, so he jokes about being one food allergy away from starving to death. I really feel bad for him, as I can't imagine living w/o bread, and anytime we go out for lunch, he has to make sure wherever we're going has something he can eat, as well as attentive staff that knows what they're doing (sometimes he'll ask for a gluten free menu (or if something is gluten free) and the waiter/waitress just looks like they have no idea what he's talking about - which doesn't inspire confidence when the food shows up!).

I'm lucky that my reaction is fairly minor in comparison to some. If I drink a lot of water it really helps clear me up. Not sure if that would help your friend or not, I'd hate to have the gluten allergy as well. I've read some things saying that GMO's are partly to blame, but even the Organic stuff gives me reactions.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2013, 03:18 Fool

It's in pretty much anything in the store, from loaves of bread to potato chips cooked in corn oil, to corn meal on the bottom of some pizzas, to hidden in things like dextrose and other things that are in every food on the shelf. I luckily don't die and I cheat pretty often but I regret it the next day usually.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2013, 16:42 Fool

I had that same flushing reaction with Skittles and came to discover that I have a allergy/sensitivity to Corn, particularly the corn syrup in skittles. Corn syrup is in most everything but I always had that crazy reaction to Skittles long before I knew of my corn allergy. My corn reactions are: itching, flushing, "brain fog" headaches, stomach aches, and a racing heart rate. Hope that doesn't sound like what you have, because it sucks and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2010, 13:34 Fool

I just learned how to brine chicken breasts for grilling. If you have a few hours (or overnight) to soak the chicken in a bowl of salt water you will be amazed at how juicy the chicken breasts will be. I do it when I grill and when I fry, its a huge difference.

Jim

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo