Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Annex

Real Name Annex   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Annex
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 21, 2010, 02:53
Total Comments 43 (Suspect)
User ID 55899

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Centauri Sector Announced
5. Re: Centauri Sector Announced Aug 25, 2014, 19:23 Annex

I love top down. SPAZ is a brilliant game, hopefully SPAZ 2 will be even better, so having more games in this style is fantastic.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Immediate Beta Access For Warlock 2 Preorders
4. Re: Immediate Beta Access For Warlock 2 Preorders Mar 20, 2014, 18:37 Annex

Since (good) games like this are incredibly rare, im more than happy paying $50 so the devs stay in business and make more. I played the crap out of the first game + DLCs so bring on the sequel!  

News Comments > WildStar Preorders
3. Re: WildStar Preorders Mar 19, 2014, 16:27 Annex

Preordered. Going to lose many hours in this game  

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Funded
9. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Funded Jan 24, 2014, 11:03 Annex

I backed this on the first day, looks fantastic. I love kickstarter projects that already have some gameplay footage to show off their idea rather than just a few sketches on a piece of paper.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
21. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 17:23 Annex

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:03:
Birds are singing of hexes instead of grid.. this makes this an automatic buy..

Official website confirms it will have hexes

News Comments > Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced
4. Re: Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced Oct 3, 2013, 10:41 Annex

Spent 188 hours on the first game. Brilliant game and im thrilled its getting a sequel!!  

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
35. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 8, 2013, 17:21 Annex

I am so excited to see this game finally coming! Woohoo!  

News Comments > Endless Space: Disharmony Announced
1. Re: Endless Space: Disharmony Announced May 28, 2013, 22:59 Annex

Glad theyre redoing the weapon systems. The original implementation really sucked.  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter
10. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter May 21, 2013, 10:03 Annex

No single player = deal breaker, just like mechwarrior online. Nothing more than FPS shooters with mechs  

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Announced
2. Re: Defense Grid 2 Announced Apr 25, 2013, 20:38 Annex

Saboth wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 20:26:
Please don't ruin yet another awesome game by putting too much emphasis on multiplayer.

Yeah I totally agree. I would rather see them focus on making super awesome grinder modes that arent complete cakewalks like in the last expansion.

News Comments > Endless Space Free DLC
7. Re: Endless Space Free DLC Mar 11, 2013, 23:07 Annex

Ive three times now installed this game, played it for many hours, and uninstalled it in disgust. As others have mentioned the game lacks soul. It starts off great but then you realize its a faceless, emotionless, dull game. With only 3 weapon types and combat being essentially controlled by the AI, and the devs focusing on everything BUT the games weaknesses, I have lost hope. Beautiful looking game with a fantastic interface, but the devs either cant or dont want to address the games biggest shortcomings that have been pointed out since day 1.  

News Comments > Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games
25. Re: Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games Feb 14, 2013, 14:50 Annex

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 14:48:
Yakubs wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 14:40:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 13:41:
Again how are they getting all this revenue to buy up devs? Aside from World of Tanks and World of Warplanes I have never heard of any of the titles they've published.

You're making the assumption that GPG is actually worth something. Remember, this is a company that was desperate for some kind of cash infusion as recently as last week. As it stands, the only value GPG has is its IP which is offset by its payroll liabilities.

Meanwhile, Wargaming is probably fairly cash rich on an ongoing basis and running at a fairly high margin considering their revenue comes from a F2P title. Ongoing high margin revenue means the ability to easily add staff.

Wargaming probably bought GPG for a pittance and simply agreed to employ them (or at least some of them) and support some sort of future project. We're not talking a multi-million-dollar buyout here.

I get that, but GPG isn't their only recent pickup. I guess F2P games are making more money than one would think.

10+ million per month is what theyre making.

News Comments > Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games
19. Re: Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games Feb 14, 2013, 14:14 Annex

World of Tanks brings in 10+ million in revenue per month. More than enough to buy out GPG completely and any other small studio they want.  

News Comments > WildStar This Year
3. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 11:19 Annex

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:57:
It looks like WoW for kids. They should have cashed in on this years ago. Way too late now.

Now if only looks defined if a game was good or bad...

News Comments > Crytek Opens Austin Studio With Vigil Staff
3. Re: Crytek Opens Austin Studio With Vigil Staff Jan 28, 2013, 20:53 Annex

Where the heck does Crytek get all of this money? Crysis 2 sold well, but not that well.

From Cryteks second business, cocaine!

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Shades of Darkness in February
4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Shades of Darkness in February Dec 8, 2012, 13:32 Annex

Julio wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 06:02:
Pass on this, HOMM6 was a buggy mess like HOMM5 and has the uplay rootkit to boot. The series pretty much died after #3.

Were the problems not fixed in the updates/patches?

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
25. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 22:22 Annex

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 22:18:
Regardless of d3....how could anyone enjoy TL1? Honestly that game was pure crap compared to the thousand other Diablo CRPG clones out there

I disagree with your opinion, as im sure everyone else who really liked Torchlight.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Kickstart
1. Re: Planetary Annihilation Kickstart Aug 15, 2012, 22:17 Annex

This game is going to be huge!  

News Comments > Star Lords Announced
2. Re: Star Lords Announced Aug 3, 2012, 21:07 Annex

PHJF wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 20:58:
Thinking the 4X could use a break from outer space...

Well then you can try Warlock: Master of the Arcane or Civ 5, just about the same gameplay (minus the stars/planets)

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter
52. Re: Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 19:49 Annex

PHJF wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 18:53:
Kickstarter is for letting the public decide what projects get funded and which ones don't. Plain and simple.

Except this is a fucking sequel. If nobody bought the first game, nobody will buy the second game. If the first game sold well (and a sequel is justified), where's the money???

If you read the kickstarter page, they explain the financial situation and details. To quote what they said:

"We put everything we had into Defense Grid; we wanted the game to be able to reach a lot of people, and looking back we probably sold the game at too low a price. It paid for itís cost, but not enough for us to make DG2 on our own. "

43 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo