Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Edmund Blackadder

Real Name Edmund Blackadder   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Snabel
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 2010, 21:20
Total Comments 36 (Suspect)
User ID 55895

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Wayward Manor Next Month
2. Re: Wayward Manor Next Month Jun 29, 2014, 19:53 Snabel

definitely looking to see what happens to this one  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack
14. Re: Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack May 8, 2014, 03:26 Snabel

I've been salivating all through reading your comment.
So my thought is that I'll be playing it right along side you... but thanks

News Comments > Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack
11. Re: Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack May 7, 2014, 16:52 Snabel

What about the music? The music and the voices of Bastion was a big draw for me. Has anything said/experiences regarding what it will be like in Transistor?  

News Comments > Steam Music Beta Nears
11. Re: Steam Music Beta Nears Feb 4, 2014, 02:40 Snabel

I would love the opportunity to be able to buy, collect and play game soundtrack via some steam service, perferably able to be operated using big picture.

I've recent gotten more and more into listening to various OSTs from indie games and I'm loving it. Although not having them streamable on my every device at while, as with spotify, is a bit of a drag.

Go forth Valve and make it so.

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
16. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 9, 2013, 02:11 Snabel

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 19:45:
Telltale has some amazing writers, which makes me wonder how they're going to make compelling Borderlands stuff.

What I kinda of wonder is how *many* writers they have.
And graphics artists, and ai coders, and and and everything else.

Will we ever see the end of The Wolf among us, Walking dead season 2 AND this Borderlands series anytime during 2014?
I'm definitely not buying TWD s2 until it's close to complete. I wouldn't say I regret buying The wolf among us as it was pretty darn awesome, but I think I might have done differently now.

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
22. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 30, 2013, 12:49 Snabel

Just to add to the confusion I can say that I always install the latest Nvidia beta driver the second it's released and I have never once had to roll back the drivers.

I realize that depening on hardware/software, your experience will vary quite a lot, but this has always been my experience over the years with Nvidia hardware.

There have been a few notable exceptions in the last 10 years or so, but overall, my experience is that overall it is rock solid. It does lead me to wonder why some people always seem to have these issues whereas others don't. It could be blind luck of course, or something else might be involved.

Point being, you should never imagine that your experience is valid for everyone else. Try to be a little bit humble and towards other peoples experiences. For all you know, they could be way closer to the average experience than you are.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2013, 04:44 Snabel

The criticism towards DRM in HTML5 is bascially that they are not actually adding DRM to HTML5

The current plan is to add a local exit or pointer into HTML5 which points towards any binary that you might choose. This means that what is inside the binary is chosen by the web site itself, is not viewable to the consumer/customer/public and is in no way part of the HTML5 standard.

This is the criticism. That you're not actually creating a DRM standard for HTML5. You are just adding slightly more confusion while you are still keeping the current model in place, except slapping a HTML5 sticker on it.

Whether you are for or against DRM being added to HTML5, the current solution does not go either way. This I believe makes it a target for much valid criticism.

News Comments > Teleglitch: Die More Edition DLC; Patch; Sale
3. Re: Teleglitch: Die More Edition DLC; Patch; Sale Oct 9, 2013, 16:01 Snabel

As this game was quite fun and I loved the mood and the setting and the hard as nails gameplay, buying this DLC for virtually no money was a no brainer.

Also the fact that I bought the game at 75% discount made the decision way easier of course.

News Comments > Rayman Legends Demo
3. Re: Rayman Legends Demo Aug 22, 2013, 13:01 Snabel

I very much doubt that UPlay is actually making them any money though.
A small group of people actively avoid their games to not have to deal with the hassle that is UPlay. Some avoid it for its atrocious security record. The rest simply do not care either way, other than the fact that 's very annoying to have your game have other requirements than steam, which if its on steam, it really shouldnt...

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rush Bros.
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rush Bros. May 26, 2013, 05:41 Snabel

It's 10% off on steam all through may. Customary for a game that's just launched I believe.  

News Comments > Guns of Icarus Online Adventure Mode Funded
2. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Adventure Mode Funded May 22, 2013, 13:37 Snabel

It is pretty fun  

News Comments > SimCity Patch Addresses Traffic Snags
8. Re: SimCity Patch Addresses Traffic Snags Mar 20, 2013, 02:49 Snabel

I'm not sure why people are congratulating themselves on not buying this game. IN spite of the insane amount of issues at launch, a lot of which are dealt with, most people I know are having a blast and are pretty much playing non stop still. That I think speaks volumes for how good the game is. I think people are missing out of a seriously good time if they refrain from buying the game due to being concerned about not being able to play a small portion of the time now.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Online Preview Next Week
1. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Online Preview Next Week Feb 22, 2013, 10:05 Snabel

Whatever this is, it's in my book.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
26. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 19:00 Snabel

panbient wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 17:21:
I'll be waiting until it's out and properly reviewed before spending any cash.

There has been a lot of games released by blizzard. You know exactly what the reviews will say. You already know whether this game is for you or not and it has very little to do with reviews. They'll be the same as they always are.

News Comments > U.S. Retail Game Sales Continue Decline
15. Re: U.S. Retail Game Sales Continue Decline Aug 10, 2012, 07:20 Snabel

It must be just the most terrible kind of journalism to report on this with a doom & gloom focus without at least trying to check just how much of that reduction in overall retail sales was just shifted into digital download, dlc and free to play games.

On top of that, the whole recessione thing, no huge games released in the last month or two and oh yes this being a slow period of the year as well. At least compare the number to the number from the same period from earlier years?

Grrr...

News Comments > Uplay Patched
4. Re: Uplay Patched Jul 30, 2012, 21:05 Snabel

I finally gave in during the steam sale and bought from dust, in spite of my feelings towards ubisoft.

I'm kind of regretting this now, which is a shame considering the game was quite nice for its price.

Class action?

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access
17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access Feb 14, 2012, 17:59 Snabel

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:46:
Clancy wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:12:
The servers are pretty darn fast, maxed out my connection of 100Mbps.
Steam could never do that.

To be fair, Origin probably doesn't have a tenth of the load on them that Steam does.

To be even fairer, Steam very often maxes out my 100Mbps connection, so I think it depends on which data centers you happen to be closest to.

News Comments > Star Trek Game Next Year
6. Re: Star Trek Game Next Year Feb 11, 2012, 14:30 Snabel

Tom wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 14:11:
F J. J. Abrams. The last Star Trek movie SUCKED. (What is wrong with the world that this movie is at 8.1 on IMDB and 83 on Metacritic?!?)

Me and everyone else respectfully disagrees with you. I loved the movie and the direction it's going in

I can't imagine the future holds anything different for the next movie.

Hurrah! I hope the game captures some of it. The games made based on the ST universe suffer from having to emulate a rather stale world. The fresh air the was the last movie and the people involved with it could really make this game seem more relevant than most of the old ones. I feel like most of the old one have played on nostalgia more than they've offered something genuinely interesting. Hopefully the new one will though.

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
10. Re: Steam Breach Follow-up Feb 10, 2012, 22:22 Snabel

commonperson wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 22:09:
. I'm not demanding a new game or anything but it's interesting when Sony screwed up and were hacked they had their balls nailed to the wall. When Steam screwed up and were hacked the reaction has been much more tepid.

Sony has a long history lf lying to their customers and blatantly treating them like shit.

Valve has a long history of being open with their customers and giving their customers what they want.

Even if both companies committed the same error, handled it equally and the outcome of the events had the same consequence for their separate users, which I don't think is what actually happened, I believe that the different reactions are a fair representation of the users regard for their general treatment. I believe it's a bit naive to expect the same reaction with such an entirely different attitude, culture and history with both companies.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over DOTA TM
25. Re: Blizzard Sues Over DOTA TM Feb 10, 2012, 11:57 Snabel

Theo wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 11:24:
But honestly when was the last time Valve released some IP they created, answer, HL2.

I'm not sure I see how it matters.

How does it impact the quality of the game or the entertainment you get from it whether valve found a small company with a great idea and a fun little game, bought them and made a big franchise out of it with games a lot of people love?

Would it somehow increase the quality of the games as they were if valve sat in a black room and invented these game-worlds and concepts on their own? I'd don't really see how it matters. Valve makes games that I love to play, how that happens isn't really important.

Having said that though, I'm not sure who's in the right here. It might very well be that Valve is at fault. However, Blizzard have shown themselves to be massive dicks in a lot of other cases over the years, so I'm sure there's plenty of blame that can be assigned to them as well.

This will just be a huge waste of everyones time and lead to nothing but lawyers with even larger boats.

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo