Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rattlehead

Real Name Rattlehead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rattlehead
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1103 (Pro)
User ID 55889

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 31, 2013, 22:26 Rattlehead

Yea there is no way they will charge that much for game, it's obviously a placeholder, and knowing amazon's eagerness to sell anything before it exists *cough DNF cough* it's not right.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arkane Prey 2 Rumor
2. Re: Arkane Prey 2 Rumor May 31, 2013, 22:21 Rattlehead

Prey was a pretty damn good game, dk why you call it shit. Maybe it wasn't your liking but it wasn't shit by any means.  

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Free DLC
1. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Free DLC May 31, 2013, 22:18 Rattlehead

This is a great game, my favorite ARPG since TL2 and it's only $15. It's a great length too for that price and part 2 is still a ways off last time I heard. The developers also communicate frequently on the forums which is nice. My own complaint is because you are playing as an actual character with a backstory and no class your gear doesn't change that much appearances based on your loot. You will always be wearing the same cape with slightly varied colors/lengths/styles with the same slightly varied hat, gloves, boots...so on and so forth.

Also *insert obligatory D3 comparison/slander here*

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation May 31, 2013, 02:41 Rattlehead

NegaDeath wrote on May 30, 2013, 21:42:
The Xbox isn't THAT bad. The rectal security probe is purely optional.....as long as you do it once a week.
Actually I think it's once per 24 hours.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 31, 2013, 02:21 Rattlehead

Jerykk wrote on May 31, 2013, 01:04:
Technically, Ninja Theory didn't make the DmC PC port. It was handled by another studio. Same with MGS Revengeance. As long as the ports are good, I don't care who makes them, but it's important to keep in mind that these studios had nothing to do with the PC versions of their games.
Erm, can't find anything about that. All credits state that Ninja Theory handled all the development alongside Capcom.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 30, 2013, 20:30 Rattlehead

I highly recommend DmC to anyone who likes those kind of games. At $30 it's a great pick up, with alot of replayability. The PC version is also very well done, runs silky smooth and has zero graphical glitches. I would go as far to say it's the best Devil May Cry since DMC3(though I do miss the stances).

Now, it's great that Ninja Theory is making PC games, all we need is Platinum Games to make PC games and I'll never touch a console again!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID 2
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID 2 May 30, 2013, 20:26 Rattlehead

Definitely a big let down for me. This feels like Need for Speed more than anything else. Sure the graphics are good, but for racing enthusiast this game is pretty weak. It's just too arcadey, even more than Grid 1.

There is no cockpit view(that mod doesn't count since it looks terrible), the handling was clearly built with a controller in mind since using a wheel feels awkward.

I could forgive all of that though, if CM didn't have the gall to charge $24 in day 1 DLC. It's absurd, and anti-consumer in every way possible. Basically, because I didn't preorder my money is somehow less valuable than those who did preorder? And it's not just people who didn't preorder either who get screwed. I've been reading forum posts about people who didn't recieve their codes from sites like GMG or ozgameshop on time, and therefore the game activated without the DLCs. Why do they have to mark up the game another 50% for the full package? If they don't want to sell ALL THE CONTENT on day 1, they shouldn't sell the game at a full price.

Fuck CM, I'm sick of this bullshit DLC, and this is just a slap in the face to all their fans who supported their previous racing games. I'm glad I didn't buy it(yea, I tried it, and instantly deleted it after not liking it, freaking sue me).

/sigh I wish Forza would come to PC already, no other racing franchise has topped it this generation.

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Demo
2. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Demo May 29, 2013, 21:30 Rattlehead

It's a pretty fun game though I definitely wouldn't pay $15 from what I've experienced from the demo. No doubt it will be on sale in the upcoming summer sale which is about a month off if history repeats itself.

I didn't dig the artstyle but loved the music. Also, what is the deal with the black border around the edges? Man that annoyed me, any way of getting rid of them?

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?
20. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 29, 2013, 14:16 Rattlehead

InBlack wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:55:
Creston wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:49:
I never use cockpit mode, but I can understand why the purists want it. The one thing that I always find annoying about cockpit mode is that no dev has apparently ever actually driven a car, and they all seem to think that your eyes should be level with the top of the steering wheel. I guess in dev world, everyone is a 98 year old lady who has to sit on a small crate just to be able to see out the window.

YOUR EYES ARE A LOT HIGHER UP THAN THIS WHEN IN A CAR, FELLAS.

If this really is already baked into the game to be sold as DLC, Codemasters deserves to go fucking bankrupt. But it seems more like someone did some clever hacking with the original Grid files.

I'm enjoying Grid 2, but so far it's exactly like Grid 1 with the exception of the "world racing series" broohaha.

Also, Spectralmeat, stop driving so fucking fast!

Creston

How's the handling, how's the handling?? And can you turn of driver assists, turn on manual shiftin etc. etc. (If its the same as in Grid1 its an instantbuy for me)
There are no driver assist options, there is manual transmission but the handling is simple arcade. It's the farthest from realistic you are going to get, and the game is obviously designed with a controller in mind, because using a wheel is fucking awkward as hell. The deadzones are all sorts of fucked up.

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?
19. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 29, 2013, 14:15 Rattlehead

PHJF wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:33:
Ummmm judging by how blurry the cockpit is I'm gonna take a guess and say the camera itself is just a (simple) carry-over from GRID 1, but they didn't spend time on in-vehicle assets and so disabled the camera.
That's exactly what it is.

Still, cockpit mode is a must have for any self-respecting franchise game, and to omit it in the name of consoles lack of horsepower is well...it's horseshit.

Regardless, Grid 2 ain't that great, it's need for speed in codemasters clothing.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 28, 2013, 19:32 Rattlehead

Awesome  

News Comments > SimCity Expands
1. Re: SimCity Expands May 28, 2013, 19:32 Rattlehead

Does anyone really care anymore? Also, what kind of urban city has an amusement park? Especially these really small cities that are basically the size of Providence?  

News Comments > Funcom Financials
1. Re: Funcom Financials May 28, 2013, 19:25 Rattlehead

Is this good or bad?  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 27, 2013, 19:50 Rattlehead

No, it was on sale yesterday for 24 hours. Blues is late.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2013, 13:36 Rattlehead

InBlack wrote on May 27, 2013, 11:00:
Hey is this holiday the reason why we arent getting our Game of Thrones fix this week, or is there another reason for that? Anyone know?
Usually ratings for shows, especially Sunday night are at their lowest on holidays(so they say).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
64. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2013, 02:24 Rattlehead

I hate all of you, make a topic out of that  

53. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 22:33 Rattlehead

Prez wrote on May 26, 2013, 22:21:
In case anyone is interested - 'The Last Remnant' is $2.50 on GMG today. It's the rarest of animals - a JRPG on the PC, and activates on Steam.
Is it worth it?

17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 16:13 Rattlehead

nin wrote on May 26, 2013, 15:19:
Rattlehead wrote on May 26, 2013, 14:29:
MrRadicalEd wrote on May 26, 2013, 12:52:
if you like console games, buy Dust

if you like pc games, buy Metro: Last Light

Why buy Metro when no doubt in a few months it will be the same price as Dust?

When, exactly, are you saying the #2 seller on steam is going to be under $15? Define "a few months".

Metro 2033 dropped in price pretty damn quickly if I recall, combined with the constant sales it was cheap all the time. I think I got my copy for $1

12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 14:29 Rattlehead

MrRadicalEd wrote on May 26, 2013, 12:52:
if you like console games, buy Dust

if you like pc games, buy Metro: Last Light

Why buy Metro when no doubt in a few months it will be the same price as Dust?

9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 13:56 Rattlehead

Warning about Dust, if you dislike furry culture you will hate this game. If you can get past the terrible voice acting and stupid little annoying flying bat creature that follows you it's a pretty damn good game.  

1103 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo