Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rattlehead

Real Name Rattlehead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rattlehead
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 931 (Graduate)
User ID 55889

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes
31. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 10, 2012, 09:15 Rattlehead

Axis wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 08:44:

But ya, get pissed at the efficient players, that makes sense.

Is that what they call marathon gaming sessions these days?

Pro tip, slow down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 23:14 Rattlehead

It just bothers me when people clearly blow through a game by playing non-stop and then saying there's basically nothing left to do. It's not a valid complaint in my eyes.  

18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 23:12 Rattlehead

Axis wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 21:37:
Been 80 for a week, got 4 crafting professions maxxed, full exotics (a set for magic find, one power/crit and one condition/heal), about 10k gems I bought with gold, about 10g maintained and pretty much everything I'd need in pve or pvp exotic or less.

And while the ride was fun as I expected, it's come to a grinding halt (pun intended) with the reservations I made in the past.

PvP and WvW is fun but it's all the same since the class structure and builds are all cookiecutter and trait choice makes little difference (each class has exactly the same options with virtually equal outputs (dps,utility,ranged, etc). At least its fun lobbing trebuchet loads at people once your 45 minute queue pops if you're lucky.

People are now realizing that the future is major grinding for legendaries or pvp -- and only if you LOVE the game would you have more than a passing interest in either.

So that's the state of the game as far as I see it. What's your take?
When you play 24/7 everything becomes a grind (which you have been if you are already level 80 for one week since it's launch 2 weeks ago, unless you are a lame ass and did some of those exploits early on).

I guess what I'm saying is the Arenanet didn't have take into account those lameasses who don't sleep or work when making the game.

Try getting out, getting a job, eating, sleeping for more than 3 hours a night and maybe it won't feel like "such a grind".

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2012, 01:01 Rattlehead

While I praise his efforts to try and reach out to the community at the same time I know this is a really simple game.

Most games like any other business are about money, and an industry where pirates(thieves) outnumber paying customers is just bullshit.

I would not have the patience or good will this guy has to try and connect with people who steal. To me those who download/steal(whatever you call it) don't deserve recognition at all, to me those people should fuck off and die. They download because they can, whatever you ways they try to justify it is just bullshit.

I don't buy into the fact that people can't afford games excuse. Here they are on a fast connection(fast enough to torrent), and a PC to run the games they download. Grow up, and give developers their due, they are struggling just as much, if not more, than you fucks stealing their game.

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
17. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 20:23 Rattlehead

bigspender wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 19:44:
when will publishers realise that many people use their gaming time as a social event - games need co-op - especially if they are these sort of hack and slash games, or adventuring games.

i played about 1/2 way through the first game, but i got bored playing on my own and didnt feel the need to return since I want to play other coop games with my friends.

also releasing a single player game at the same time as highly anticipated MMO (GW2) doesnt seem to be a good idea, just about everyone i talk to at work etc is playing it.
/facepalm
This is why every developer feels the need to tack on some half-assed multiplayer or co-op mode to every game, taking away resources from the single player experience. It's sad when people hate on games like Skyrim because it doesn't have co-op.

11. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 18:29 Rattlehead

Icewind wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 18:05:
Anyone with a brain could see the game looked like shit. Console ports are RARELY decent, and even if they are it's mainly due to the game being made by a top tier developer like Bethesda. (Which is pushing it since even they can barely port correctly)

I had a lot of friends hyped for the game, some who were big fans of the first and I just didn't see where all the excitement was coming from. Some half-assed 3D Zelda clone? I could go back and play LoK Soul Reaver for that. It's on GOG for a pittance.

Plus any game that requires 2 million sales just to break even was a very poorly planned game. The industry needs to downsize and rethink their strategy. Take a cue from the indie devs like Gaslamp Games...do it smaller and better, not bigger and flashier.
It's obvious you never even played the game, so why bother posting?

10. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 18:29 Rattlehead

This sucks. Darksiders is awesome, and screw the haters, I don't want this franchise to die. There aren't many decent hack and slash games these on PC these days, and I don't even know if the new Devil May Cry is coming to PC.

News Comments > Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced
13. Re: Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced Sep 7, 2012, 10:27 Rattlehead

Yakubs wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 09:38:
1AngryGamer wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 09:31:
At this point if it doesnt have features and top the "questing" of Guild Wars 2 im done with other fantasy MMO's...or others actually

What questing of Guild Wars 2? You mean walking to the nearest Heart
symbol on the map and pressing F next to highlighted objects?
Another clown who loves to hear himself talk. Guess what, nobody cares that you don't like Guild Wars 2. Stop posting your bullshit. Thanks.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2012, 23:29 Rattlehead

I can't use GMG, my bank lists them under fraudulent websites and thus my credit card rejects it everytime I use it. Sucks, because I want that BL2 deal.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 10:27 Rattlehead

I was totally shocked to hear about Michael's passing. What a tragic loss. RIP my friend. I just watched Talladega Nights the other night too.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
38. Re: The REAL reason they closed the forums... Sep 2, 2012, 23:03 Rattlehead

Yakubs wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 22:52:
Dades wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 16:41:
Nope, WOW is definitely the worse game and probably won't become better with time because it's too mired in mass player appeal at this point to take some risks like GW2.

You're joking, right? "Take some risks"? What risks did GW2 take? Adding dreadfully boring and repetitive Heart quests? Having player models with tiny waists and giant tits to give their target audience a boner? There's literally nothing they added to the genre that's not already out there except perhaps some convenience features.
Can't tell if serious...

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 18:15 Rattlehead

Hmm, last time I checked this was a thread about the status report of the game, not your opinion of wether you liked it or not.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Footage
24. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 13:05 Rattlehead

You can get BL2 from GMG for 37.50 now. Use the labor day weekend voucher code and it brings the game down to that price. I picked it up.  

News Comments > 38 Studios Assets & IP To Be Sold
7. Re: 38 Studios Assets & IP To Be Sold Aug 23, 2012, 22:37 Rattlehead

Thanks Curt Schilling for making me pay your failed game studio. Stick to ESPN.  

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Edition Lives
7. Re: I Am Alive PC Edition Lives Aug 23, 2012, 22:34 Rattlehead

I shall pirate this. I want those 95% numbers to climb to 100%  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
100. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 16:59 Rattlehead

100th comment  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
37. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 11:41 Rattlehead

I will continue to pirate every Ubisoft game released, regardless if I play it or not. I want to the add to the numbers.

These guys are a fucking joke. Take your shitty, useless DRM and just stick to fucking consoles, since your PC ports are terrible anyways.

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year
3. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year Aug 20, 2012, 11:21 Rattlehead

HOORAY!  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Borderlands 2
20. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 19:33 Rattlehead

Who gives a shit about ESRB, does anyone actually read that crap?  

News Comments > On Cut New Vegas Content
5. Re: On Cut New Vegas Content Aug 19, 2012, 19:22 Rattlehead

I love Fallout New Vegas the way it is, it's one of my favorite games ever and with FOOK it's about 1000x better.  

931 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo