Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rattlehead

Real Name Rattlehead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rattlehead
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1185 (Pro)
User ID 55889

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Rumor
13. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 13:26 Rattlehead

Blaster wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 13:02:
Can't wait for another unbalanced romp through a boring, empty post-apocalyptic setting. Rolleyes

If Bethesda wants to be taken serious, they needn't make a movie-game for total froth-tard brofags that can be blown through by hitting the X button at the right time. SMGDFH
Yea, try actually playing the game before parroting off like a typical idiot. Nothing you mention describes anything about any of the fallouts. So kindly go away and don't come back. Your avatar describes you perfectly, a half wiped tight asshole

Also @ 2015 release date
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqMwp8Xi24

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects
7. Re: IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects Jun 17, 2013, 18:21 Rattlehead

/sigh there goes any hope of a new freedom fighters ever being remotely considered. Ah well, Absolution was pretty cool, even at a cool $5 which I scored it at.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
40. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 00:26 Rattlehead

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 23:15:
NKD wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:42:

I think the real issue is most women just aren't interested in building video games in the first place. The idea that there's all these millions of women who are playing console and PC games is just not reality.

So it makes sense that it would be a male dominated industry.
It does limit the recruiting pool significantly. You have to start getting them interested young. You first have to be interested in games before you can be interested in making them. The reason there are so few women in the games industry is because there are social stigmas that say women can't be serious gamers. You have to attract girls to gaming to get them out of their shell of conformity to societal norms. Look at male nurses, still fairly rare because of some macho pre-conceptions that it's a girls job, but they are making strides in that area by showing male nurses on TV shows etc.

Painting sexism as the bogeyman doesn't work because by the time a girl even has the social awareness to really see sexism, it's too late. If she's already interested in games, some perceived sexism isn't going to stop her from pursuing her dream. If she isn't interested, then it doesn't matter, you're not going to get her now, she's already got other dreams.

Which is why I find calling the game industry sexist because of a few booth babes at E3 so god damn ridiculous. Women generally don't get into techy games shit, that's just how it is. Yet we're now hearing these loud voices from a vocal minority of feminist who paint such a bullshit sob story. Anyone with half a brain can see through it. The ones who do fall for this shit generally fall into the PC/Thought police crowd to begin with, beating their little war drum for their socially created war on women that doesn't really exist.
You know it was a male who wrote the article right? My god you're dense! Try actually clicking the link before mouthing off! Unless one male suddenly represents a minority of feminists...

In fact, it seems men are more offended by sexism then women, which I find weird.

15. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 21:04 Rattlehead

Morga wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 20:31:
The author is a pro-feminist who's overly offended about anything that is not according to the flawed, one-sided feminist ideology and Political Censorship.

70% of consumer spending is done by women (while men work more full-time till retirement. Companies primarily cater to women.

Also men are mostly portrayed as idiots and incompetent on TV shows, suicide rate is 3 times higher for men and 95% of workplace deaths are men.
There's now millions of fatherless homes in America, many decent fathers aren't allowed to be with their kids after divorce by corrupt family courts, yet must pay high alimony and child support or be jailed.
The feminists don't complain about that when it's in their favor.
I would like to just note that while suicide rate is higher in males, female attempted suicide rate is much higher.

I guess women fail at failing...no that was uncalled for but I just had to throw it in there.

1. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 17:12 Rattlehead

At E3, sexism still an issue.
Nah, it's really not. You guys are just making it an issue.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 17:10 Rattlehead

Didn't even know Witcher 3 was out already  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Five
3. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Five Jun 15, 2013, 21:16 Rattlehead

How did they Sony win? All they did was not shit all over their customers. Besides that, there show was pretty much meh, with almost no exclusives left anymore(FFXV, MGS5, KH3) were all heavy playstation franchises that are now on Xbox One.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 15, 2013, 15:17 Rattlehead

Any form of cheating should be grounds for immediate termination and lock out from all games. That's one thing I can agree with.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 15, 2013, 13:49 Rattlehead

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 22:10:
LittleMe wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 22:03:
So will any authorities go to PRISN for PRISM? Not.

Tell me what law they broke?
You're the tin foil hat wearer, you should be focusing less on how none will be punished and more on how none deserve to be as they didn't overstep any powers and didn't break any laws.

You really don't think the NSA broke any laws or didn't overstep boundaries and clearly violated the 4th amendment?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
27. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 15, 2013, 13:43 Rattlehead

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 13:22:
SirKnight wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 10:55:
Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 22:09:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 21:16:
That engineer mentions "nothing goes back to developers" when it comes used game sales. Why the hell should anything go back to the developers? If I buy a new Chevy from a dealer and then decide to sell the car later, do I give some of the money I get to Chevy or the dealer? No! If I decide to let my brother borrow it for a day, should I send Chevy or the dealer a check? The same applies to any other product. Once I buy it, it's mine! I'm so sick of these cunts who think they still own the product that I paid for. Double-dipping bastards!

Wow. Seriously, wow.

The car analogy is also so flawed it's painful. A car is something extremely expensive that most people cannot afford new. At all. It's also not really a luxury in this day and age.

Most importantly, its value drops. There's good reason to want a new car versus a used one. Less risk, it's cleaner, it will run better, etc. A used game? It's identical to a new game. Zero flaws based upon it being used. It simply does not degrade. Cars do.

Your post was nearly a meltdown and it is pretty far off base.

No you're completely wrong. The car analogy is fine. It doesn't matter if the object degrades or not. The main point is that there is NOTHING where you have to pay a fee to the original maker when something is sold as used.

Plus cars can be restored to new or better than new anyway. And not call cars stay devalued forever. Just look at classic corvette values.

Another thing, a lot of used games have tiny scratched/scuffs, torn manuals or cases so yes they do degrade some once someone gets a hold of it.

The impact on the industry is vastly different, hence why it does not hold up. Scratches on the manual or case are meaningless, as the manual and case are usually not even looked at. Scratches on a car or dents in the side panels do matter.
Then why do unopened classic games like Chrono Trigger or Conker's Bad Fur day sell for hundreds and hundreds of dollars? Yes, packaging and manuals do matter, as they can increase value. It may be collector's value, but it's still value.

11. removed Jun 14, 2013, 22:15 Rattlehead

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 15, 2013, 07:34.

9. Re: Microsoft's true intentions Jun 14, 2013, 22:07 Rattlehead

Ryan Lange wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 21:45:
Rattlehead wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 21:35:
That alleged Xbox engineer is so full of tripe. Steam offers many more benefits to the consumer, while Xbox One simply doesn't.

To be fair, it sounds like the Xbox One will actually allow you to sell/transfer your purchased games to someone else. Steam doesn't. Once you purchase a game for yourself on Steam, it's forever attached to that account.

So, that's something.

However, all that stuff about these restrictions allowing for cheaper games on the Xbox One is complete nonsense. It's not even a guarantee. Even the words this alleged engineer used reveals that, even with these restrictions, all Microsoft can do is suggest to the publisher that they sell their game at a lower price. As I said, it's not going to happen.
Microsoft already said multiple times that the transfer policy is as follow. 10 day "share" period for people on your friends list that have been on longer than 30 days.

5. Re: Microsoft's true intentions Jun 14, 2013, 21:35 Rattlehead

That alleged Xbox engineer is so full of tripe. Steam offers many more benefits to the consumer, while Xbox One simply doesn't. Microsoft wants total control. You don't even own games anymore with Xbox, you lease them. Also, used games screwing you over is NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM.

In the end, Microsoft can try to justify this horse shit in everyway they can, but in the end, when the PS4 is outselling the Xbox 1 2:1 or 3:1, they will change their tune, and try and spin another story about how always online was just an experiment, or how they listen to consumer feedback.

Answer me this mother fucking engineer. Why were all the Xbox 1 games shown on PCs with Windows 7.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2013, 21:29 Rattlehead

Uh, how about you arouse my interest, since I am the one paying after all.  

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
10. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 14, 2013, 21:27 Rattlehead

deqer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 20:47:
Whoever pays/defends this, is not my friend. Sorry, I just don't want to be your friend anymore.
Wait, not wanting to be someone's friends implies you have to have friends in the 1st place.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 14:39 Rattlehead

Gamespot is deathly afraid of Xbox One that if you preorder the PS4, all your trades-in credit increases 30% if you put that money down on the PS4. This is not a joke either, I called Gamestop yesterday looking for an Xbox 360 controller and that's the first thing they mentioned when they pick up the phone.  

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 02:17 Rattlehead

robdot wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 01:03:
I have 3 consoles, and when there are on, they are "always on". My current 360 is always on. My tv is wifi, and when its on, the wifi is on. Always. So what? My laptop is online RIGHT NOW ! GASP !! All this drm stuff is the pirates fault. I hate and despise these people. and i dont pirate, so if a game publisher wants to check my code, im cool with it. See, if i buy a new car, ford doesnt tell me what i can do with it, who i can lend it to, or sell it to. But, i cant take my ford home, make 1000 copies and give them to my friends either, if i did that, and other people did that, i bet you ford would be pretty pissed off. If i can share my games with family members (grandkids) on their consoles, at their house, then we are gonna fucking love this system. IF thats how it works, microsoft is being unclear. But there could be some awesome benefits to this idea and its possible microsoft is ahead of the game. Can we co op with one game? I dunno, they are being really stupid and not stressing the benefits to the consumer.
Is this guy serious? Do you work for Microsoft or something? There are NO benefits and no you can't share you games.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jun 14, 2013, 00:06 Rattlehead

netnerd85 wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:45:
I like how all the people bitching about not being able to share games on Xbox One have Steam installed, Deruka DERR!
PCs aren't consoles. Also Steam games are digital, not physical media. Deruka DERR

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 23:25 Rattlehead

coldbricksNZ wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:16:
How about Witcher 2?

Anyone got a recommendation?
It's great but a steep difficult curve. I definitely recommend working on alchemy if you plan to play on harder difficulties.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 13, 2013, 23:09 Rattlehead

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:01:
The press doesn't want to cover it because it's killing Obama's approval. He's currently lower than George W Bush!

Also, look how fast they dropped the IRS scandal. Typical liberal media.
Lol I love when kids throw the word liberal media around, just parroting off crap they hear from other people, like it's some sort of insult. It's funny because most of the media is owned by conservative corporations.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2013, 23:14.

1185 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo