Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rattlehead

Real Name Rattlehead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rattlehead
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1066 (Pro)
User ID 55889

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Watch Dogs Demo
5. Re: No Watch Dogs Demo Mar 31, 2014, 21:21 Rattlehead

No problem focusing on day 1 DLC though,  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza
3. Re: Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza Mar 21, 2014, 20:18 Rattlehead

Very intriguing setting. I am definitely curious to hear more. Far Cry 3 was awesome, and if it's the same guys making this, count me in!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 20, 2014, 21:13 Rattlehead

Why wasn't this content just included with the fucking game at launch? My guess is that this content was cut out to be saved for future DLC, but they got cold feet at the last second and added it back in.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 17, 2014, 19:46 Rattlehead

Cool concept, poor execution.  

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
18. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 20:48 Rattlehead

Come on, are we really bitching about file size now? Honestly these days 48gigs is nothing. HDD are so cheap that it really isn't a big deal.

Also, the textures in the retail version are much cleaner, crisper and sharper compared to the beta version.

You guys will find the littlest, most pointless things to complain about.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
3. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 10:05 Rattlehead

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 23:05:
It's a very average game, the story is just garbage. The fighting is just 'ok'. I'd download a copy of the piratebay.org first, play some and decide if you want to plunk down money for it.

The game could have been really great but the developers had no fucking clue what they are doing, it really feels like half the dev team knew what they were doing and the other half didn't.

The stealth sections are probably the worst, in the sense that they took resources away from refining other sections of the game. That and because they spent so much time on them and the fancy little bits of story and set pieces, the combat is not as anywhere near polished and deep as it should have been.

The "opening" level they spent so much god damn time and money on, like idiots, they should have spent that time and money making the combat and the rest of the game better. The other set piece later in the game with the doll maker was just such a waste of money and time for the devs, I wanted to basically kill whoever lead the development of this game. They should have went with a minimal story and just went full gameplay because the resources were spread so thin over too many game systems, so everything goes from feeling average, to downright unfinished to 'thrown together'.

I would have been fine without all that 'god of war movie' bullshit at the beginning. The combat is stuck in 'meh' ville but controls solidly, just a lack of polish and imagination in the enemies sadly because of bad direction and hence resources spread too thin.

You can tell there are some skilled devs on the team but they were under poor design direction/leadership/time constraints. So it's just average to mediocre in places.

So even though you don't think it's worth paying for...you still downloaded and played it, enough to the stealth sections at least. You know there is a demo on steam right?

Why do people come up with these nonsensical reasons to justify stealing?

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
3. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 09:38 Rattlehead

The reason why Battlefield 4 suffered through some extreme challenges, Jorgensen said, was because of the "complexity" of the game (64-player online, tablet support), as well as the fact that DICE was working with new consoles like the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
No, it's because you rushed the game out to please investors before the release of Ghosts.

News Comments > PC Dark Souls II Next Month
8. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 20:12 Rattlehead

preordered ! Also, the $40 deal is awesome, thanks for the heads up on that. I bought it through GMG and cancelled my Steam pre order.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 20:18.

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
5. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 4, 2014, 18:20 Rattlehead

Pretty standard practice to lay off most of the staff after a project has been shipped, and even more common when reviews are not up to par. This is why the gaming industry can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned.  

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
11. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 3, 2014, 20:24 Rattlehead

I agree with El Pit, take my money without question. Dishonored was one of my favorite games last gen without a doubt.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 21:51 Rattlehead

Everytime I see someone parrot "consolitis" I want to punch a kitten. It makes no sense at all. -itis means inflammation, so what exactly does consolitis mean? Inflammation of the console? Is the console swollen? Sensitive to touch? Is it displaying any signs of pain?  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
10. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 1, 2014, 18:33 Rattlehead

Overon wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 14:30:
Linksil wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 13:48:
PHJF wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 11:53:
They need extra time to make sure it is somehow even worse a port than Dark Souls.

I thought they said somewhere that they were deving for PC first and then porting to consoles to try to not make that mistake again.
Yeah the gaming rag media were saying that it's developed for PC first, reporting what the marketing team was telling them. Which is contradicted by the fact that it's coming out a month after the console version. If you develop for PC, then it should be out before or at the same time as the consoles, not after. It's bullshit.
why do you say that? The PC version has to be tested on many different configurations, optimizing for both intel, AMD, and Nvidia configurations. And it's basically been known for a long time that the PC version would be released sometime after the console version.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
6. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 1, 2014, 14:40 Rattlehead

God I can't wait.  

News Comments > Gods Will Be Watching Announced
2. Re: Gods Will Be Watching Announced Feb 26, 2014, 20:05 Rattlehead

Enough with the pixel art.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Feb 25, 2014, 20:21 Rattlehead

The first one was freaking awful. Castlevania should always remain a 2D game. Very few games can transition to 3D without fucking it up totally.

The demo felt like another generic hack and slash, and I love Castlevania and hack and slash games, but for god's sake, there's nothing fun about this game.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Tweak Plans
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Tweak Plans Jan 29, 2014, 23:03 Rattlehead

DMRs don't need a buff, it's fine and is quite powerful with a little bit of skill.

Also, for the love of god NERF ATTACK JETS AND BUFF STEALTH JETS!

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
25. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 25, 2014, 20:19 Rattlehead

I am quite aware, even with the patch the game was still missing tons of lighting effects from the gamecube version.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
18. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 14:35 Rattlehead

I think people are forgetting that this is a game from 2005, of course it's going to look dated.

But even better, it looks miles better than the previous PC port even with mods, which had missing lighting effects that made Leon basically superimposed with the same shade of gray wherever he went. There was also lower polygon count.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jan 23, 2014, 21:01 Rattlehead

Looks surprisingly good, and yea definitely AC2 animations in there.  

News Comments > Snow Trailer
2. Re: Snow Trailer Jan 23, 2014, 18:54 Rattlehead

I have been dying for a ski/snowboard game on PC for a very long time. Since SSX won't ever come to PC, this looks like the next best thing.  

1066 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo