Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rattlehead

Real Name Rattlehead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rattlehead
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1046 (Pro)
User ID 55889

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 16:26 Rattlehead

Mad Max RW wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:03:
Desalus wrote on May 9, 2014, 11:01:
Earning $11,000 per year compared with $22,000 per day in the same industry is simply outrageous. That means CEOs salaries are 520 times as large and that doesn't even include any other forms of compensation.

So should entry level fast food jobs get the same salary as CEOs and business owners? Why even try working up the ladder when you can scrub dishes and make a fortune. It's so naive. But you need that instant gratification.

About the White House climate report, since when have they been right about anything? It's pathetic there are still people willing to swallow their shit.
As Judge Judy would say, "just do yourself a favor and step outside, you're irritating me."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 16:23 Rattlehead

Narf2029 wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:41:
I'm more interested in how this walkout is being done on a Thursday and not on a Saturday when it would have much greater financial impact on the employers. I'm also interested in how many of these people will still have jobs on Friday, or I guess I should say I'm interested how many fast food places have signs up in the backroom that remind employees they'll be fired for no-shows. There are plenty of people who will take those jobs. I bet a lot of them are going through the pre-screening right now in anticipation of this walkout.

You can't have a job like fast food and expect it to give you the two kids and dog and white picket fence. It's a transient job by design. High turnover and few full-time opportunities means fewer raises, fewer benefits to pay out, etc. They don't want you to stay. If you want more money, go to school or learn a trade. Do something other than scream and stage protests until someone else solves your problem for you. If you want a better life, go get it. Yes, it's terrible that these employees get paid so little but they are the ones staying and they are the ones doing nothing to improve their lives when you can get a college degree with no upfront cost.

But when people do take advantage of that, what do many of them do? They get a great career with great pay, and squander it. My wife keeps in touch with one of the students she met in her nursing classes, and this woman had, had, a $55,000 a year position and lost it because she "couldn't afford" to go up to a BSN when state requirements changed. She also celebrated getting her associate's degree by buying a $60,000 car, and bought another one a year later because she wanted the newer one.

On the other hand, I make $26,000 a year and I own my home and car. In fact, I owned them back when I was at my last job making $22,000. Sure, my car is 10 years old but I take care of it and it takes care of me right back. I don't need a status car. I need a car that gets me where I need to go. I don't need a house so large that I don't even use half of it. I need a house to hold my stuff and keep rain off of me while I sleep. I also owned these before I got married, and we still pay for our needs solely from my income and save most of her larger income because neither of us really like working and in 15 or 20 years we figure we might stop. Yes, we are saving our own money for retirement. I don't trust that any employer or Social Security will be there for me when I want to retire and neither does she.

I know I went into a tirade here but my point is that the problem is much bigger than people making crap for income at part-time jobs designed to be short-term. A good life is won with discipline, financial planning, and the willingness to do what it takes to fix the problem yourself. I'm far from rich but my needs are met and then some because I put in the effort to better myself. I didn't whine about how much my early jobs sucked while doing nothing to qualify myself for better work. I certainly didn't get into a situation where I needed more money than I made from my crappy job and then walked out of it.
This is the oldest fucking argument and I am sick of it. You realize how close minded and ignorant it sounds? The world is not as black and white as it is. With fewer and fewer jobs out there, and more minimum wage jobs as the only option for more and more people out there. School, college costs money, and lots and lots of money, and doesn't guarantee a good job at all. Who's going to foot the bill considering the crippling debt it puts most students in? Oh that's right, just learn a trade easy breasy right?! It's not a matter of cozy life for these people, it's a matter of fucking survival you god damn twat!

Not everyone is privileged or lucky as you buddy. Not everyone has a car, or a home for that matter. Or a wife with income. Yes you may have been "smart" with your financials, but minimum wage doesn't even give you enough to be smart with because at the end of the week it's pay the rent or buy groceries or buy groceries.

Don't give me the same old bullshit diatribe about how poor people spend their money poorly so they stay poor. It's a god damn empty argument with no merit. The fact is that with the economy in the shitter, more jobs being shipped overseas or given to illegals, it's all that is becoming available for people. The middle class is nearly eradicated and with an archaic tax policy for the wealthy, they stay wealthy while the common folk are getting castrated financially. Fewer benefits, fewer incentives to spend what you little you earn, it's survival for people.

And yea, there are plenty of people who will take these jobs cause that's all there is fucking left in this shit hole country. Manufacturing is gone thanks to globalization and cheap foreign labor. Food prices are skyrocketing (almost to $5 a gallon for milk), and gas won't get cheaper. Slowly but surely, this country is becoming the United States of Mexico because of retarded amnesty policies that gives all those wet backs citizenship while the government continues to neglect it's own born and bred citizens. Oh I'm sorry was that racist? Sorry, but this is the only country that caters to foreigners more than it's citizens.

My mother got evicted from her house because she fell ill and couldn't work anymore. And because the bank somehow thought she could pay the outrageous mortgage, they refused to refinance, so she had no choice but to move in with her sister.

You can preach all about discipline, financial planning and willingness to do anything but when more and more people are literally on the brink of being homeless, something has to change and your dumb, tired argument is moot.

News Comments > On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game
2. Re: On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game May 5, 2014, 10:10 Rattlehead

There's also more from that article on MP1st where they got their hands on the print issue where Sledgehammer discusses some of the history of the project, saying part of the reason Sledgehammer bosses parted EA out of fear of "franchise fatigue." Oddly, in light of that concern, they quote Glen Schofield saying their cancelled game in a Vietnam setting was "definitely going for some Dead Space moments."

Ok, am I reading this right, they left EA in fear of franchise fatigue and went to CoD? Is it me or should this be irony of the century award? Also, that Vietnam game sounds cool.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 11:09 Rattlehead

Here's my preorder:
.........................//)
......................,/..//
...................../..../ /
.............//'...'/`
........../'/.../..../......./\
........('(...(........,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.
............\..............(
..............\.............\

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
29. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 13:35 Rattlehead

Who keeps buying this shit?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 10:44 Rattlehead

They also forgot to mention Free 2 Play transitioning. You know it's coming.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2014, 20:05 Rattlehead

Anyone play Risk of Rain? How is it?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 01:40 Rattlehead

Trevellian wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 23:49:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:49:
Trevellian wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:19:
Game pissed me off within an hour. Not due to the Dark Souls level difficulty.
Due to the fact that they still didn't learn from the first game and the mouse and keyboard controls are horrid. On top of the fact that the prompts for everything still have Xbox Buttons.

Thanks Fromsoftware.
Another 50 dollar disappointment I get to try to forget.

The reviews for this game lied.

If you ever had the expectation they'd be completely redesigning the movement and combat to work well with KBM, then you're pretty out of touch. Customizable keybinds is the most you were going to get out of this, a game designed for controllers from the ground up. It's not an issue of port quality, it's base game design that is not compatible with your stubbornness. It's not a PC game, deal with it. I, on the other hand, am ecstatic to have a fantastic console game available on a platform that provides vastly improved graphical fidelity and performance out of the box.

Anyway, yeah, I'm playing at 19x12 and still have the black bars. I don't know if you can get rid of that even with the DSfix guy's new tool, but you should be able to configure it for any custom resolution you want.

Most of us are PC gamers, and I expected a PC game. Especially with all of the (Now Obvious) blatent lies that more development time went into the PC port. As much as everyone hates Gearbox around here, you could take the difference between Borderlands 1 and 2 on PC as a fine example. They didn't need to reinvent the wheel, just show the PC gamers the respect they deserved in the UI and Control department. That is hardly a challenge to accomplish correctly.

In Short
I'm glad you're happy with your Console game. However I paid for a game on PC and expect a PC experience. They're shills for lying to the fanbase outright. Period. No matter how happy YOU are with the game.
What is a PC experience? I still don't know what that means. You realize how childish this all sounds right? You aren't special, games don't revolve around your deluded perception of a "PC experience"

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 01:38 Rattlehead

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:49:
Trevellian wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:19:
Game pissed me off within an hour. Not due to the Dark Souls level difficulty.
Due to the fact that they still didn't learn from the first game and the mouse and keyboard controls are horrid. On top of the fact that the prompts for everything still have Xbox Buttons.

Thanks Fromsoftware.
Another 50 dollar disappointment I get to try to forget.

The reviews for this game lied.

If you ever had the expectation they'd be completely redesigning the movement and combat to work well with KBM, then you're pretty out of touch. Customizable keybinds is the most you were going to get out of this, a game designed for controllers from the ground up. It's not an issue of port quality, it's base game design that is not compatible with your stubbornness. It's not a PC game, deal with it. I, on the other hand, am ecstatic to have a fantastic console game available on a platform that provides vastly improved graphical fidelity and performance out of the box.

Anyway, yeah, I'm playing at 19x12 and still have the black bars. I don't know if you can get rid of that even with the DSfix guy's new tool, but you should be able to configure it for any custom resolution you want.
Wow someone who actually gets it. I still don't know what they mean by a "PC game". It's a game on PC, therefore it's a PC game.

Redesigning the entire mechanics to suit the keyboard and mouse scheme is ridiculous. I don't get where people get this notion that this would happen. The game is meant to be played with a controller.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 01:20 Rattlehead

Who plays Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard? Where's the logic behind that? Of course a game like this is gonna be shit with a keyboard. It's a 3rd person action adventure game, you know, games that are meant to be played with controllers. And because there's aiming of course a mouse and keyboard will have no purpose. Kind of like you wouldn't expect Zelda or Mario 64 to be good with a mouse or keyboard. Or devil may cry, or God of War, or any of type of those games.

You guys know you can plug any controller in and the game will recognize it right?

Oh yea, PC gamer master can't be bothered with simple logic like that, after all everything should be designed around the awkward mouse and keyboard, especially a game like this.

Lol "oh boohoo i spent 50 bucks knowing a game meant for a controller and I still played on the shitty mouse and keyboard. The developers are assholes waaaaah I can't figure out the basic idea of plugging in a controller waaah."

Fucking morons, do you know how stupid you guys sound when you bitch about M+K controls for this? I mean it's almost like you guys loved to screw yourselves over, just so you have more to bitch about. It baffles my mind really. No matter how much you customize the key bindings, it's still gonna be awkward as hell, it's simply how the game is made.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2014, 01:28.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 20:38 Rattlehead

Brumbek wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 20:36:
We will NOT FORGOT your lies, BANDAI/FROM. (PC primary platform, fancy lighting removal.) The fact that the official DS2 website STILL has old pictures on the website that don't reflect ANY build of the game...we will not forgot.

Grow up.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 20:38 Rattlehead

Game looks great at 1080p and 60fps. Been playing for about 2 hours, already died like 20 times.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 19:00 Rattlehead

Oh yea!  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Apr 19, 2014, 21:22 Rattlehead

Fletch wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 10:30:
Uh-oh, Thief comment. Where are Eidos shill Jerykk and his sockpuppet netn... oh, there they are.

Essentially free? Does it make the game less of a railified, click-to-win, hand-holding borefest? Then again, netnerd (ahem) says it looks "damn good". And it does. All those cool twinkling items and blue doors lend to a unique visual style. And it's so easy to gawk and just dwell on how good the game looks as you are led through the maps when you don't have to worry about falling off anything or waste precious sightseeing brain energy on problem-solving. Less gameplay, more gorgeous. An astute developer understands those two aspects are incompatible in a multi-platform game, as tiny, consolized brains would simply shut down trying to deal with both at the same time. So, design the game for console players, but market to, and appease, PC gamers on the strength of the graphics. Why are PC gamers still falling for this shit?
Calm down you freaking lunatic. Jeez what did this game do rape your mother or something? I got the game and paid nothing for it, so I thought I give it a run. Ah yea, the whole console player is dumb card is getting old fast, give it a rest. Dishonored is miles ahead of this game and that was multiplatform, so where does your inane argument apply? Actually, don't bother replying, I don't really care what you think.

The game so far is fun, I'm a sucker for FPS stealth games. The context sensitive jumping is a dumb design decision I'll agree, but everything else is fun, though the AI could definitely use some fine tuning.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 18, 2014, 20:32 Rattlehead

Thief is $16 on GMG. Combine with the voucher on the main site it brings its down to $14.30. Paypal bill me now has a $15 credit for any purchase. So I got it for free essentially.  

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy III Revealed
6. Re: PC Final Fantasy III Revealed Apr 18, 2014, 12:43 Rattlehead

Why don't you just shut up for a change.  

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy III Revealed
3. Re: PC Final Fantasy III Revealed Apr 18, 2014, 11:08 Rattlehead

yea it's been out on PC for a long time via emulators.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
29. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 12:57 Rattlehead

In this trailer they forgot to include the clunky combat, stiff outdated animations, the generic looking character models, and the bland art design.

News Comments > Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month
5. Re: Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month Apr 3, 2014, 11:46 Rattlehead

Awesome, now if we can get Rise of Nations next, that would be superb(same studio right?)  

News Comments > Premium Battlefield 4 Naval Strike PC Launches
4. Re: Premium Battlefield 4 Naval Strike PC Launches Mar 31, 2014, 21:30 Rattlehead

I really wish Premium would go on sale.  

1046 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo