Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rattlehead

Real Name Rattlehead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rattlehead
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1119 (Pro)
User ID 55889

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Pricing & Specs
13. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Pricing & Specs Mar 29, 2015, 11:28 Rattlehead

Alright, this is horse shit. $20 for a graphical update and a few tweaks? It should be free for season pass owners.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 24, 2015, 22:06 Rattlehead

Squirmer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 21:57:
We'll see. An Amazon listing doesn't just appear out of thin air.

It's possible From negotiated a timed exclusive with Sony. From is not owned by Sony, after all. Sony owns Bloodborne, but it depends on the contract. From would have known their game would be highly anticipated, so they'd have some negotiating power. Bottom line is they sell more copies if they release on more platforms, so a PC version is in From's interest (perhaps not Sony's, but again, depends on the deal they made).
Sure it does. It's just a retail listing error, it happens all the time. If you read the article Sony owns the name to Bloodborne, and they published it this time around wheres Namco did Dark Souls 2 so Bloodborne is going to stay a PS4 exclusive, regardless of what From Software wants to do with the IP.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2015, 11:51 Rattlehead

Speaking of popping pimples, I had quite the nasty pimple on my waste, so I popped it and this little bit of cheese came out.  

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition PC Plans
3. Re: Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition PC Plans Mar 23, 2015, 18:31 Rattlehead

Kobalt wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 18:10:
Ill play this over that garbage dmc any day.
DmC was superior to DMC4. DMC4 was literally the same fucking game twice, and some stupid obnoxious chess board at the end to fight the bosses yet a 3rd time.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
14. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 11:21 Rattlehead

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 11:11:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:51:
I don't really see the issue with a third-person game being better on a controller. Everything feels much tighter as far as button spacing is concerned.

Only platforming games can be considered 'superior' on a controller for the most part, and even then it's due to the focus on controller that makes it so -- any game competently designed with mouse and keyboard is superior in every aspect.

Now I know people may be more comfortable on a controller, and that's fine - for consoles. For PC, if you can't come up with a "superior" control scheme with a mouse/keyboard, you just don't care to do so.

So in those cases, glad to pass! I don't give developers an inch when it comes to controls, FOV, resolution, or frame locks on the PC port. If any of them fail to "do it right" I refuse to buy and make it known for other PC gamers.

Oh god, so you're salty over one journalists opinion on controller vs keyboards? Can you think for yourself?

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
9. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 09:49 Rattlehead

Task wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:42:
Want to make print money Valve and Newell? Then make a Half-Life game. Its not rocket science.

"Customers are going to be really happy with where we spent our time," Let's see DOTA2, CS, TF2, I don't play or care about these, but many do I'm sure. Steam Machines? Steam Sales? VR? Come on, roll your damn chairs over to the Half-Life desks and get to work Gabe.
Um, are you high? Steam prints money, way more money than Half Life. Why invest millions into a game that won't see the light of day when you can make hundreds of millions selling other people's games?

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
7. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 09:46 Rattlehead

They have zero reasons to make another half life. In fact they have zero reasons to make any other games. They get money from selling other games. I wish they would just sell the IP already.  

News Comments > TITAN X Available
14. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 21:53 Rattlehead

Meh, it's only worth about 2 months rent for me, totally worth it...  

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
48. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 15, 2015, 13:47 Rattlehead

The BBB is such a load of crap. All you have to do to get "accredited" is submit an annual fee. I've seen gold farming sites accredited by the BB.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
57. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 11:12 Rattlehead

Slick wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 02:30:
Quboid wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 01:34:
This was in development for 2 years, which means that they started around the time that Simcity 2013 was released. It really shows, this game clearly draws a lot of inspiration on how NOT to do things and their trailers quickly mentioned offline, big maps and modding support. I feel sorry for ex-Maxis developers looking at this and perhaps seeing what they envisaged Simcity 2013 to be before the suits butted in and utterly ruined it.

let's be honest, while there's a bunch of things that were remixed into a better mechanic in cities, this game is a BLATANT rip-off of simcity. and i'm not just talking about it being a simulation city-type game, i mean that a lot of this title was copied exactly from Simcity 2013. I mean everything, the overlays, the square size, the tilt shift, just so many things are a blatant ripoff.

not that I mind, they were damned good systems, and it's good to see them reused, it's just kinda strange not coming from maxis. this is like a weird parallel dimension where this is the true intended release of Simcity 2013.
That's because Simcity 2013 did so many things right while doing so many things wrong. They took the best aspects of Simcity 2013 and used them correctly.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
56. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 11:11 Rattlehead

I've been playing for about 20 hours. I love the game however I have a few gripes.

1. You have to dezone to upgrade from low density to high density, not a big deal but still annoying.

2. Not enough building variation, you can easily see the exact same building repeated 20 times in a row. That actually applies to all ploppables.

3. Once again, you can't upgrade from 2 lane roads to 4 way without demolishing buildings.

4. Why do I have to increase my entire healthcare spending just to get more hearses?

5. Not enough specializations in districts. I want a gambling district, a silicon valley district, a chinatown, etc.

6. Sim City had building modules, I wish this game did too. It's boring to build another identical elementary school instead of upgrading.

Overall, a great game, I can see it going strong with continued support. Not quite the variation of Sim City but it's from a 9 man team.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Confirmed
19. Re: Titanfall 2 Confirmed Mar 13, 2015, 00:19 Rattlehead

CeeKay wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 20:50:
shihonage wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:48:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:45:
Icewind wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:40:
Does this one have a real singleplayer campaign? No?

Yeah, pass.

UT doesn't have a single player campaign either. Did you pass on all of those?

UT had 50 times more to offer in its multiplayer than Titanfail, and it was a far better and more lasting experience to boot. It was well worth the money.

I don't remember if the sequels had a single player campaign, but the original 1999 version of UT had one. Granted, it was a thin story that linked what were essentially bot matches, but back in those days the AI was considered to be decent.
Unreal 2 had single player and it was garbage.

News Comments > Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary
1. Re: Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary Mar 11, 2015, 20:41 Rattlehead

Wow, I'm going to get back into this game now! That was unexpected! I like it, great job Respawn.  

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
37. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 7, 2015, 09:13 Rattlehead

harlock wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:27:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 12:41:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 12:40:

#PCMASTERRACE

Meine Ehre heißt Treue!!!

ACHTUNG!! line up all the console filth! AND GAS THEM!

we will cleanse the earth from this plague of CONSOLE PLAYERS!!

we will triumph in the glory of our SUPERIOR PC TECHNOLOGY!!

we will save mankind and make our species pure, and we will BE VICTORIOUS!!

Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist

Holocaust jokes are in such good taste. Because you know, comparing consoles to the extermination of Jews isn't cringe worthy at all. Any 9/11 bits you can add? What about MH 870 jokes?

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
24. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 00:09 Rattlehead

Undead Scottsman wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 23:38:
Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:02:
They didn't announce it today so it's over. It would seem Valve is out of games development entirely now.

..because they didn't announce a new game at a developer's conference?
Stop listening to Cutter, seriously, he is the Glenn Beck of Bluesnews. Nothing he says matters, ever. Just do yourself a favor and put him on your ignore list.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
20. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 22:44 Rattlehead

walrus1 wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 21:55:
Zor wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:53:
NamecaF wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:52:
HL3 to be the Source Engine 2 launch title makes sense. Fingers crossed?

I sure hope so. Well, I hope for a new grand slam: Portal 3, Half Life 3, Left 4 D3ad.. 3. See what I did there

If we're going to get it they'll announce it very soon.
That would be amazing, but it won't happen.

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Co-op Apology
6. Re: Resident Evil 2 Co-op Apology Feb 27, 2015, 12:38 Rattlehead

I guarantee 99.9% of people whining about this had zero intention about using this feature, much less know about it in the first place.  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Trailer
1. Re: Mortal Kombat X Trailer Feb 26, 2015, 18:50 Rattlehead

Ok from watching this video it seems Cassie Cage is just a hybrid of Sonya and Johnny...not surprised, but what I am surprised is the literal copy and paste of old animations, they did the same shit with Kitana also.

Not a big deal I suppose but it still seems pretty half-assed. Anyways, the brutalities look awesome, and hopefully they are easier to pull off than previously.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
1. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 18:42 Rattlehead

The last people I want behind the internet is the god damn FFC and government. Now we can expect taxes, regulations, censorship and everything else horrible associated with the government.

Call me cynical, but I don't see anything good from this.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 09:44 Rattlehead

Funny, that's why I bought a PC.

Maybe he already has a PC, ever think of that?

1119 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo