Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 679 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Mod Support Confirmed
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Mod Support Confirmed Aug 19, 2010, 14:42 bhcompy

DangerDog wrote on Aug 19, 2010, 14:27:
If they allow you to change your FOV setting, I might actually buy this game.

fov 120
r_picmip 5
cl_pushlatency 0

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer Online Patched
2. Re: Warhammer Online Patched Aug 18, 2010, 15:17 bhcompy

LittleMe wrote on Aug 18, 2010, 14:11:
I tried this game on the cheap recently. I'd say the target age group for Warhammer Online is the 4 to 12 year olds. The combat isn't rewarding at all. The quests were a yawn fest. The game is well executed I guess, but just not my thing at all.

It took all of the good that DAoC built up and then spit in its face in its attempt to compete with/clone WoW

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Announced
11. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:12 bhcompy

The Advocate wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 12:17:
Ugh, let Digital Anvil stay in its grave.

Freelancer was fairly decent but Brute Force was total shit.

This is a PC game thread, Brute Force doesn't even exist in that world. Freelancer was the last decent starfighting game in a genre that is in dire need of more attention

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Announced
5. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 17, 2010, 11:56 bhcompy

So by rededication you mean restarting Ensemble, FASA, ACES, Digital Anvil, etc, right? Oh.. no? You mean raping the corpses of your IPs? Okay, well, screw you.  

News Comments > John Carmack on Cloud Gaming and RAGE Dedicated Servers
30. Re: John Carmack on Cloud Gaming and RAGE Dedicated Servers Aug 15, 2010, 03:29 bhcompy

tuddies wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 21:11:
PS3 has zero piracy? What is the problem, not enough interest?

Sony has it locked down pretty well. The reason why they discontinued linux support was because people(or one particular person) were very close to completely cracking the system using the other OS option as an end around on the security measures.

News Comments > Imperator Domain
4. Re: Imperator Domain Aug 15, 2010, 02:39 bhcompy

Kobalt wrote on Aug 15, 2010, 01:07:
Wish they had stuck with this instead of making the shitty warhammer mmo. Here's hoping theres 0 pvp. So fucking sick of every mmo having pvp, even when it's obviously tacked on and sucks and just lowers the quality of pve. You would think the fact that every pvp mmo besides daoc has been a complete failure would give developers a hint that maybe a pve game is possible.

EVE and AO(as mentioned) are/were not complete failures. WoW PVP is terible, Warhammer lost what DAoC had, and no one cares about the rest of the games

News Comments > Imperator Domain
2. Re: Imperator Domain Aug 14, 2010, 22:40 bhcompy

tootbrush wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 14:53:
Ooh, I remember looking forward to that game. I thought the idea of a MMORPG set in a sci-fi Roman Republic was pretty interesting back then.

Interesting, but no PVP. I always considered that a deal breaker. Imperator begs for a PVP system like Anarchy Online(or even EVE), where the farther from the center of power, the riskier the venture gets.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced
36. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced Aug 14, 2010, 22:38 bhcompy

sauron wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 21:07:
I picked up an unopened copy of Stalker from my local charity store for like 5 bucks (also got my copy of NWN2 there).

I've been busy with work and the kids, and until recently my gaming time was taken up by FFXI, and I'm now playing The Witcher. Once I get done with that, is Stalker worth a go? It looks pretty good but I also have to finish Oblivion and NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer, and also recently got given a copy of Dragon Age.

Thanks for any advice.

Stalker is good, but you have to accept the clunkiness of the game itself first. It's good because of what it provides eventhough the implementation isn't the best. It's kind of like BF1942 that way

25. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced Aug 13, 2010, 18:20 bhcompy

CommunistHamster wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 17:55:
AWESOME

I don't think GSC are the type to ruin a game for consoles. They put all their love into STALKER.

Depends on if they develop for the PC and port to console or develop for console and port to PC

News Comments > RAGE Dated
5. Re: RAGE Next Month Aug 13, 2010, 17:21 bhcompy

More like ragequit Blue's today  

19. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced Aug 13, 2010, 17:19 bhcompy

Prez wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 16:50:
4 million units for the PC exclusive series? Wow! It definitely deserves it - it's a great series for sure.

I hope that they understand by dumbing-down the game for consoles they won't come near that for the sequel. Hopefully that won't happen.

Stalker is very complex as far as shooters go, and any amount of dumbing down will ruin it, but if they plan to release on Xbox, you can bet on it being dumbed down just like Rainbow 6 was(which is now "Generic Console Shooter #73").

baltar wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 17:04:
By the time any really serious work is being done on stalker 2, there will be consoles better than what we have now, and it *might* be possible at that point.

Still, forking development will be better overall for PC.

Estimated for 2012 release, no there won't be newer consoles. Earliest predictions for new consoles(last I recall) were 2013 for Xbox 3 and 2014 for PS4. There may be a product refresh in mind for 360(particularly adding a high density optical drive internally and maybe a slight spec upgrade) and the Wii will need to do the same, but there will be nothing for the PS3 by that time frame.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Beta Plans
6. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Beta Plans Aug 13, 2010, 12:36 bhcompy

Sorry, I meant Hidden and Dangerous, but it seems that what I stated is more or less exactly what you said. Sounds good  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Beta Plans
4. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Beta Plans Aug 13, 2010, 11:49 bhcompy

so is this like Company of Heroes meets Armed and Dangerous?  

News Comments > Realtime Words Layoffs?
5. Re: Realtime Words Layoffs? Aug 13, 2010, 11:31 bhcompy

meh, I want a rereleased version of the first APB back from '87  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM
23. Re: R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM Aug 11, 2010, 23:07 bhcompy

kxmode wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 22:26:
StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 22:02:
bhcompy wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 19:34:
kxmode wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 19:21:
Ubisoft's DRM. They're still going with Steam's form of DRM. Its benevolent but DRM nonetheless.

So is a CD key and a CD check. BFD

Neither of those require a company to ok your install like Steam DRM does, FYI.

Exactly StingingVelvet. Here's 2 points.

Not really. Online key verification has been around for longer than Steam has(take WON for instance). EA, Activision, THQ, etc all do it. The only added layer that Steam adds over current implementations(like THQ requiring you to log in to the CoH service ingame) is file/checksum verification. And that doesn't mention the fact that the complaint wasn't about advanced Steam DRM, it was about DRM, which is just a newfangled term for something as old as commercial computer games themselves(better not lose your manual because you need that codeword to launch the executable every time)

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM
10. Re: R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM Aug 11, 2010, 19:34 bhcompy

kxmode wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 19:21:
Ubisoft's DRM. They're still going with Steam's form of DRM. Its benevolent but DRM nonetheless.

So is a CD key and a CD check. BFD

News Comments > Blizzard's PC Stance
40. Re: Blizzard's PC Stance Aug 11, 2010, 18:41 bhcompy

You can't code audio fidelity though. The reason that MGS4 takes up most of the BRD is probably more because of the endless hours of dialogue than high fidelity textures. Games have gotten out of prerendered FMV, so that is a positive for your argument, but in the meantime they've replaced it with HD textures and high fidelity audio, and audio is seemingly always the larger of the two because it's much easier to notice.  

News Comments > Blizzard's PC Stance
34. Re: Blizzard's PC Stance Aug 11, 2010, 14:18 bhcompy

Verno wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 08:49:
My PS3 is a constant battle of freeing up space, granted I have the smaller HDD but still... its a pain. Between games having mandatory installs, large/frequent game saves, and the very rare PSN demo/purchase, I fill up way too quickly.

My PS3 is a constant battle to see if it will let me game at all or sit there waiting on updates for an hour. I want to strangle the intern who came up with their update process. People ding the PC for the constant patches and driver updates but all of that shit barely takes any time compared to Sony's abysmal firmware/game updating.

I have no problem with it. The patches are infrequent, major firmware updates are infrequent, and when it does happen it gives me a chance to go grab a beer, make a snack, whatever. Most firmware updates take less than 3 minutes to complete. Patches vary, but you're generally only patching games once or twice within the span that you're playing the game(and that is the same with the 360). The only people that complain are the people that use their PS3 infrequently or the people that need to up their dose of ritalin.

As far as the HDD space, when I'm done with a game I clean up the installed portion of the game, which is saved separately from the save game files. Done with MGS4? Bye bye tens of gigs install

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Aug 10, 2010, 16:58 bhcompy

Pretty much everything attached to or in a ship can be destroyed. As far as how often, it's random but very often. Everything you put in your cargo hold or fit on the ship(weapons, drones, sensors, etc) are at high risk anywhere in the game. These aren't definitive odds, but I'd hazard that at least 50% of everything fitted/in the cargo bay is lost on ship destruction, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was more like 80%.

If you're going to transport around that amount of goods, you shouldn't be doing it in a kestrel(or whatever he was using, the site is blocked here at work), which is a very light ship. It was a real bad move in the busiest system in the game(Jita is essentially Mos Eisley)

679 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo