Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 734 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series?
13. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series? Nov 10, 2010, 13:03 bhcompy

jason wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 12:55:
born2expire wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 09:50:
A TV series could be incredible, but it will most likely be terrible. The problem with TV is almost every single episode has a different director, some of them understand the backstory/canon and some of them don't.
Look at walking dead, brilliant comic, and incredible first episode, but clearly the director of the 2nd episode didn't have a clue about zombies or the backstory.

You do know the TV series is made by GSC, you know...the company that made the STALKER games?

The problem is that you can't patch TV shows.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 10, 2010, 12:52 bhcompy

Tumbler wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 12:22:
The PSP has been the biggest disappointment for that last decade in my opinion. I still have my PSP that I picked up back whenever it came out.

If sony would have embraced this thing as a digital platform and dropped the UMD drive it could have been something on par with the Iphone. It showed up way earlier than everything else and had wifi and a web browser built in. It was a little media player.

They should have built an online store and filled it with old PSOne games to buy again on the PSP and movies to rent. Everything should have been run off those memory cards.

Piracy went crazy on this system because the software was shit and ridiculously overpriced. It made more sense to rip a movie off the dvd if you wanted to watch it on the psp than it did to buy their UMD crap.

And then there is the PS3....good god, Sony really needs to outsource the software side of their business because they simply don't get what consumers want. (some of their first party games have been pretty good though)

On par with the iPhone as what? A gaming platform? PSP is far better than the iPhone as a gaming platform. As an all around device, sure, but that is not the intent of the PSP.

And the store now is full of PSX games and movies to rent. And you can run it off the memory card all you want.

Honestly, it sounds like you haven't picked yours up in 3 years.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 10, 2010, 11:48 bhcompy

Honestly I don't see it as a disappointment. Two blockbuster games(MGS and GoW), which is ahead of the pace for blockbuster portable platforms(where there are very few blockbuster series, Advance Wars being one of them), and Sony has greatly expanded their offerings on the PSN Store, which has allowed me to pick up games that are harder to find for a pretty reasonable price.

The PSP is not a primary gaming platform, no portable is, and it has a solid enough back catalog to support itself as a secondary system.

News Comments > SSX Domains
3. Re: SSX Domains Nov 9, 2010, 11:37 bhcompy

Wow, been a long time, but sounds fun. SSX was an enjoyable game. With todays advanced motion control controllers(or even just a sixaxis), it would probably be extra fun for multiplayer splitscreen and such  

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Map Plans
12. Re: New Bad Company 2 Map Plans Nov 8, 2010, 12:03 bhcompy

Elessar wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 11:03:

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 11:02:
I really want to like Bad Company 2, but sniper spam ruins it for me.

This. Bring on Black Ops.

Because Call of Duty: Nade Spamorama is much better than BFBC2. At least with BFBC2 you can elect not to play Atacama and not have to worry about the snipers very much.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
53. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 6, 2010, 02:58 bhcompy

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 21:22:
slightly related: Whatever the next gen consoles are.. they need to be robust enough to support 256 players..and huge expansive environments in cutting edge games.

MAG does this pretty well.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Vietnam Flame-Thrower Trailer
5. Re: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Flame-Thrower Trailer Nov 6, 2010, 02:57 bhcompy

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 02:50:
Maybe it's just me but it seems like the Frostbite engine is showing its age during those brief gameplay clips.

/shrugs

Compared to what exactly? I'm genuinely interested.

News Comments > Pachter: CoD Subscriptions Next Year
17. Re: Pachter: CoD Subscriptions Next Year Nov 6, 2010, 02:56 bhcompy

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 21:04:
How would they monetize it? If they were going to do it, it would be with Black Op's as I don't see Treyarch or what's left of Infinity Ward releasing anything in 2011 except maybe DLC, which is a form of monetizing multiplayer...

Read prior article on Battlefield F2P, see TF2 Mannconomy, etc

News Comments > Quote of the Day
22. Re: Quote of the Day Nov 5, 2010, 19:37 bhcompy

Drezden wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 14:29:
I know a large number of WoW playing Star Wars fans who can't wait for this game.

So I'd have to say no, the general census is not "Meh". Thats just your general assumption.

And I remember a large number of EQ and DAoC fans that felt the same way about SWG. Look how that turned out.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
10. Re: Quote of the Day Nov 5, 2010, 13:49 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 13:32:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 11:30:
I'm sure there are still legions of fans that will buy this game, however.. the overall sentiment I am seeing on various game sites and in talking with friends is.. "meh... pass"

Of course, that's only based on what we know thus far.

Exactly. Overall there just seems to be a big "meh" feeling about this game as far as I can tell. I'm so meh about it I don't even know if I'll bother with the open beta or a free trial and just skip it entirely. I know if I was EA/Bioware I'd be getting pretty panicky at this point. And I have to agree I think they'll lose huge on this. The upside is that it'll change how MOGs are approached from this point forward. Smaller, more focused, more community oriented with player created content is the way forward.

You'd think that EA and Bioware would have learned from EA and Mythic's failures considering Bioware took over for Mythic, but, no, history is doomed to repeat itself.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
28. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 5, 2010, 13:48 bhcompy

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 13:33:

PC Gamer has been especially stupid about it, acting like free-to-play games are the fucking divine gift of Christ.

Because they get paid to do it. Who do you think advertises with them(other than a zillion gaming PC makers)? Of course they're going to act like it's the next coming if it pushes their own bottom line to do so. Mags and websites have been doing that for ages

News Comments > Relic on GFWL and Steamworks
39. Re: Relic on GFWL and Steamworks Nov 4, 2010, 17:02 bhcompy

Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 16:31:
GFWL does, at this point, but how many people honestly avoid titles due to it? I'd wager an insignificant amount. More have no opinion/clue.

How many people don't buy PC games at B&M stores anymore? How many people don't buy off anything but Steam or potentially other services like Impulse?

I buy from very few sources anymore simply for convenience. I delete games I'm done playing all the time, then later I want to play them again and it's very simple on Steam or Impulse to do these things. More complicated with things like Direct2Drive, EALink, etc. I'm less likely to buy something outside of that realm because of the inconvenience. Most games aren't worth the effort, and the ones that generally are already are on some service(like CSS, TF2, SoaSE, even EVE)

News Comments > Relic on GFWL and Steamworks
31. Re: Relic on GFWL and Steamworks Nov 4, 2010, 15:26 bhcompy

Flatline wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 14:10:
necrosis wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 12:36:
including one where after every game patch I have to fiddle around with the server list window for 20 minutes before I can update the master server list. Or I can launch Half-life 2, because apparently running HL2 fixes TF2. Go figure.

If it's the common problem many people have it's because you have Steam set too high in the connection setup. Some firewalls/routers have UDP flooding settings that you can tweak that will fix this issue, but the easiest fix is to lower your connection speed in Steam.

News Comments > Perry: Gaikai "Ready to Launch"
13. Re: Perry: Gaikai Nov 3, 2010, 18:45 bhcompy

space captain wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 18:23:
elefunk wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 18:07:
Why?

because i dont simply believe in whatever people say

let me see it in action for myself, then we'll talk

Because of the controls, it's not going to be a great use, but it is a possible use. Maybe one day they can pass through data over the gyroscrope for driving games and such, but the technology works, it's just like an RDP session. Can your smartphone render video at 24fps? Then it can render a service like OnLive. The service will need to be scaled for resolution, compression for mobile carriers, etc, but the phone itself shouldn't bottleneck performance unless it's already so underpowered it can't view video.

The best use for it would probably be to port existing portable games. PSP games on your smartphone over OnLive and such.

News Comments > Perry: Gaikai "Ready to Launch"
7. Re: Perry: Gaikai Nov 3, 2010, 15:23 bhcompy

Icewind wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 14:53:
elefunk wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 14:38:
You guys realize that Gaikai isn't remotely a competitor to OnLive, right? Like, they're not similar at all, in any way shape or form, in business models.

Right?

From Gaikai's website's official FAQ:

Gaikai is a cloud-based gaming technology that allows users to play major PC and console games like Call Of Duty or World Of Warcraft instantly, with one click. No download or install required.

From OnLive's own official support page:

The OnLive® Game Service is a revolutionary, on-demand video game platform capable of delivering the latest and most advanced games instantly over a broadband connection on virtually any PC or Mac®, or on an HDTV, via OnLive's MicroConsole™ TV Adapter.

So enlighten me wise one, what's the difference here?

It's free and intended as a method for distributing fully featured demos via web browser without any software downloads(other than flash, silverlight, etc).

OnLive is a subscription service for full games

News Comments > Battlefield Announcement Friday
38. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 3, 2010, 13:47 bhcompy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 13:38:
Witht he new update, it is now: BFBC2, SHOTGUN SNIPER WARS!!!!

Seriously. I was killing people across the map with the 870 pump SG with slugs.....it feels so dirty and wrong - BUT I CAN'T STOP!!@!!

Even better with the Neostead

News Comments > EA Financials
2. Re: EA Financials Nov 2, 2010, 20:14 bhcompy

Dev wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 19:49:
All platforms declined EXCEPT PC lol. Hey, aint the PC dead?

But they qualify it with "which only grew 1 percent"

Shit. Everything else is in the red and PC has positive growth? Let's continue to bash the PC!

9. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 2, 2010, 20:12 bhcompy

justice7 wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 20:10:
My bets are a 1942 remake for PC, and not BF1943.

They were working on 1943 for PC for some time, then went all hush hush about it. I'm thinking it's a full out 1942 remake... or i hope it is (with russians, germans, brits, usa and italy)

No Japanese this time?

8. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 2, 2010, 20:11 bhcompy

EA cross merchandising:
Battlefield Sims: Extreme Makeover Home Destruction Edition

News Comments > Tribes Universe Interview
3. Re: Tribes Universe Interview Nov 2, 2010, 11:56 bhcompy

Jackplug wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 11:26:
Hi-Rez says: We are huge Tribes fans, and we certainly feel honored to own the Tribes Franchise, and are deeply aware of the expectations that carries

If they were huge fans of Tribes as they say they are, then why are they gonna introduce huge pvp 100+ player action. I just think it will be just a deathmatch shooter, in other words it will fall on its ass within the 1st 6months or less.

16v16 is adequate enough if not 12v12, but 50v50 will be just OTT in either offence or defence, ending in just a mess. I cant see ctf with 50v50 being any fun what so ever..

I imagine it's not going to be CTF. It's going to be like PlanetSide where you have objectives to take to gain control of the area and a grid on a map where you move from map to map based on what you own

734 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo