Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 718 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
38. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 2, 2011, 17:46 bhcompy

Prez wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 16:36:
JaguarUSF wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 13:24:
Seriously, anyone who still uses XP needs to upgrade to 7.

Yeah, well, do all of my old games work on Windows 7 yet? Specifically, my 200-game catalog from Good Ole Games? They are working on backwards compatibility but it's slow going. Call me a Luddite, but I don't think I'll ever be ready to abandon some of the great games of the past.

Anyway, I'm not miffed about this; it had to happen sooner or later with a game I really wanted. I just HATE dual booting.

VMWare is free these days. Create an XP vm to run within Win7 and you'll have full capabilities. Or run Dosbox. Or dual boot. etc

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer
9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 12:28 bhcompy

kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 11:58:
Can someone explain to me why a CG movie like this hasn't been made and released in cinemas yet? Why do studios continue to release CG movies like Despicable Me, Igor, Toy Story, UP, Tangled, Cars, Clone Wars, and so forth? Is there something that is keeping Hollywood from making a film like this trailer?

See "A Scanner Darkly". Animated(rotoscoped) and based on a Philip K Dick dystopian near-future story(which Dick is either the best at, or second best, depending on how you rate William Gibson).

edit:

The other thing you can do is playwatch MGS4.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Dec 13, 2010, 02:33 bhcompy

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2010, 16:45:

Screw that. RDR won. It deserved to win. Hands down the best game of the year for me.

Played it. Pretty boring. God of War 3 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood were better games. Kind of funny that RDR won best game but didn't win any best game subcategory

News Comments > Highlander Games Cut
11. Re: Highlander Games Cut Dec 11, 2010, 22:16 bhcompy

Who wants to live forever?

Not Highlander: The Video Game apparently.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot Announced
38. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot Announced Dec 6, 2010, 16:02 bhcompy

Jerykk wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 15:17:

You act as if puzzle-platformers are common. They aren't. First-person shooters, on the other hand, are a dime a dozen. I'll stick with puzzle-platformer Tomb Raider kthx. And that means not copying Uncharted because Uncharted was mostly shooter, whereas TR was mostly platformer.

Based on the leaked info, it sounds like the new TR is stepping away from guns and focusing more on survival, so I predict spears and bows. As long as the focus remains on skill-based platforming and puzzle-solving, I'll be happy.

They did that with Prince of Persia. It sucked.

32. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot Announced Dec 6, 2010, 14:56 bhcompy

Tumbler wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 14:43:
...am I the only one that wants a Call of Duty like, Indiana Jones themed, double pistol wielding action game? I think it'd be awesome to go FPS movie style game with scripted sequences and over the top action scenes?

It'd be a betrayal of everything this game was about but I don't really want another 3rd person puzzle game as before... Uncharted is too damn good to want a 2nd game that copies it.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, when it's done right. Take Dante's Inferno for instance: reskinned God of War done right. Thoroughly enjoyable game

17. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot Announced Dec 6, 2010, 12:58 bhcompy

And keep in mind that Lara Croft has always had guns  

15. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot Announced Dec 6, 2010, 12:51 bhcompy

Jerykk wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 12:15:
Step 1: License Naughty Dog/Uncharted engine
Step 2: Build Uncharted with more boobies
Step 3: Profit

No thanks. We have enough shooters as it is. The TR games have always focused on puzzles and platforming and I'm hoping the new game maintains that trend. In fact, I hope they remove combat entirely.

First, the engine is beautiful and renders the environments perfectly for this type of game. Second, while there is a lot of gunplay in Uncharted, it is decidedly an adventure platformer rather than a shooter.

6. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot Announced Dec 6, 2010, 11:43 bhcompy

Step 1: License Naughty Dog/Uncharted engine
Step 2: Build Uncharted with more boobies
Step 3: Profit

News Comments > Ghostbusters Sequel Plans
15. Re: Ghostbusters Sequel Plans Dec 2, 2010, 14:55 bhcompy

It kind of sounds like a 4 person multiplayer game a-la L4D based on what the basic description is. And for Ghostbusters, that might be pretty cool. Hell, make a Ghostbusters L4D versus mod, might be fun  

News Comments > Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed?
26. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 14:01 bhcompy

Zyrxil wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:43:
WoW is only up to its 3rd expansion in 6 years. Everquest has had 17 expansions over a period of 10 years. You can call it milking when WoW gets up to double digits.

EVE has 14 expansions in 7 years.. all of them free. No milk!

News Comments > Ubisoft Reflections Cuts
5. Re: Ubisoft Reflections Cuts Nov 30, 2010, 03:42 bhcompy

Maybe one day Reflections will make a proper Destruction Derby sequel  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Easter Egg
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Easter Egg Nov 24, 2010, 13:18 bhcompy

who wants to watch some douche talk for 5 minutes?  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
43. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 15:00 bhcompy

finga wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 14:57:
Icewind wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 14:45:
Since they ditched unarmored and medium armor skills, maybe in TES5 they'll ditch them altogether and you'll just have one overriding "armor proficiency" skill. I bet the slope-heads would just adore that.
I hope they do so that we can all hear you over-the-top-purists crying and complaining for the next several years, too. Actually, I'd rather you suck it up and stop crying about how the game industry is leaving you behind.

It is possible that an RPG can move forwards and not be held back by RPGs of the past two decades, that in removing complexity in one area that you autistic people obsess and perseverate on ("What? No Unarmored skill? NO MEDIUM ARMOR SKILL? THE GAME IS COMPLETELY RUINED!"), they can spend more time balancing and working on new, more natural complexity elsewhere.

Yes, we all know how much better you aspies think Fallout 1 is than Fallout 3. Try enjoying a game for what it is right now (over what you have arbitrarily decided it should be) for once. Wanna call it an "action/adventure"? A "first person game that pretends to be what I used to love"? Fine - do whatever, just make sure to leave your diatribes over on NMA or your D&D circlejerk boards.

Tell us how you really feel

33. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 14:16 bhcompy

I would just like to mention that Sea Dogs was the best Bethesda game of all time  

12. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 11:57 bhcompy

Morrowind was excellent. Oblivion, not so much.  

News Comments > Michael Pachter Interview
16. Re: Michael Pachter Interview Nov 17, 2010, 02:31 bhcompy

Bhruic wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 20:21:
Whenever a games journalist needs an insightful - or incitable, depending on your perspective - technology pundit, the first guy she calls is Michael Pachter.

Well that's your first mistake right there.

Yea, seriously. Female games journalist? Ha.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Still Possible
12. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Still Possible Nov 16, 2010, 19:32 bhcompy

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 15:16:
We could have done that, but that would have taken away one of the reasons why we made the game, which was to recreate the specific stories of some people who are our heroes

Heroes? So white-phosphorusing the living fuck out of a few thousand unarmed civilians is somehow considered to be "heroic"? Mmmmk. More proof that we live in a world that's fucked up beyond any hope of salvation.

Question: Is George Washington a hero or a villain?

News Comments > Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Driver San Francisco Delayed
6. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Driver San Francisco Delayed Nov 16, 2010, 11:47 bhcompy

Bumpy wrote on Nov 15, 2010, 22:21:

Driver is another game that needs a total overhaul and direction. Looked way too much like Wheelman.

Maybe you've never played the other Driver games that have been around for a decade?

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Still Possible
6. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Still Possible Nov 16, 2010, 11:45 bhcompy

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 11:07:
I can safely guarantee that 99% of people in the world have no fucking clue what Fallujah is.

Creston

Most people also have no fucking clue what the Battle of the Bulge is. I'd be willing to bet the number one answer would be an infomercial to lose weight quickly.

This type of game interests me in a single player type of story driven game.

718 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo