Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 679 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall
31. Re: 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall Feb 4, 2011, 12:54 bhcompy

This looks promising, but they need to add an overheat/cooldown on the LMG's with the addition of prone. LMG's are already ridiculously overpowered in BFBC2, this just makes it worse.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion?
12. Re: Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion Feb 3, 2011, 10:55 bhcompy

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 10:04:
Wow !

Black Ops alone sold 4X more on Steam than Bad Company 2. I know BC2 was not Steam exclusive like BO but still almost 100 million from BO is unbelievable.
Even L4D2 sold only 1/3rd of BO. Wow, no wonder Activision is shitting out the CoD games in every 10-12 months.

BFBC2 is also cheaper than CODBO, and the price dropped fairly quick on it. A more telling number for comparison purposes is units sold

News Comments > Company of Heroes Online Closing
5. Re: Company of Heroes Online Closing Feb 1, 2011, 16:25 bhcompy

This is the same company that also killed another awesome RTS franchise(imho the best visually, possibly the most difficult, and something that has never been duplicated). I don't know why they continue to do this.  

News Comments > Homefront PC Details
28. Re: OT Batttlefield Jan 28, 2011, 20:09 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 20:03:
finga wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 19:35:
The prequel novel for this game will be terrifying to you, then. It goes into a lot of detail as to how it happened, and while the actual journey of the main character is a bit off and the writing isn't of the highest quality, the actual concept leading up to the invasion is really well thought-out. They tick all the boxes, in my mind, that would lead to a feasible land invasion of the US.

ROFLMAO! This game is a wet dream for all the right-wing conspiracy kooks. A land invasion and occupying force is something that would never ever happen...ever. I love "what if" scenarios as much as the next guy, but this stretches the imagination beyond anything even remotely possible, so I can't suspend my disbelief and get into it.

3billion chinese, 300million americans. Conceivable, at least, if the chinese found a reason to go to war with us. I'm sure the japanese said the same thing prior to ww2

27. Re: OT Batttlefield Jan 28, 2011, 20:06 bhcompy

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 18:23:
bhcompy wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 17:56http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/
[/quote:

I'm down if you still have any. Also in the 714(if that is what your name is indicative of)

WOOT O.C. FTW!
Yes I still have 2 left I'd be glad to send you an invite. I just sent it to you through Bluesnews. Enjoy!

Thanks dude, appreciate it

17. Re: OT Batttlefield Jan 28, 2011, 17:56 bhcompy

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 16:04:
Hey guys I have two extra VIP beta codes for Battlefield (Play 4 Free) game. If anyone wants one please reply to this message & I'll send it to you. Please only ask if you will use it.

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/

I'm down if you still have any. Also in the 714(if that is what your name is indicative of)

News Comments > Age Of Empires Online Details
9. Re: Age Of Empires Online Details Jan 25, 2011, 16:16 bhcompy

UConnBBall wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 15:25:
Um Microsoft killed the community when it killed The Zone.

Then

Microsoft killed it when it Killed Ensemble Studios.

That studio was a monkey maker and they still killed it. Also their stupid patching since Rise of Rome has always been one frustrating endeavor. I will jump in when it comes out just to see if old friends might show up but who knows.

-UConnBBall

Big ol' fat THIS.

Also, RIP Digital Anvil and FASA Studio

News Comments > Legal Fallout Escalates
9. Re: Legal Fallout Escalates Jan 21, 2011, 12:10 bhcompy

Quboid wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 11:55:
avianflu wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 11:46:
I get the same sense that Mag does. Interplay says that violating the sale agreement means the Bethesda's rights to the brand are terminated. Lawyers are the only ones happy when stuff like this happens.

That was the impression I got, but then what's all that about 3 Fallout games? If Bethesda have violated the agreement, surely they can't make any more? Or was there another, earlier agreement that would still be valid, for 3 games + horse armour?

It sounds like that before they sold the IP to Bethesda, they licensed them the IP for 3 games + DLC. So if the sale is void, they fall back to the licensing agreement, which was never voided, which allows them 3 games + DLC.

News Comments > EVE Abandons Older CPU Support
1. Re: EVE Abandons Older CPU Support Jan 17, 2011, 21:57 bhcompy

For a while(through Apocrypha IIRC), EVE was supporting two engines(less modern and more modern engines), so I don't see why they can't in this case. I imagine that is what the petition will do, perhaps  

News Comments > PlanetSide Next Nears
11. Re: PlanetSide Next Nears Jan 17, 2011, 14:21 bhcompy

Nate wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 12:37:
bhcompy wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 12:26:
CCP is also working on a MMOFPS: Dust 514

If I remember correctly, Dust 514 is console only.

I believe it's console first, then PC if it succeeds

News Comments > Homefront Crunch Time
11. Re: Homefront Crunch Time Jan 17, 2011, 12:34 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 12:23:
Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 12:04:
Or market demands. You can't simply blanket blame management. Sometimes unexpected things come up, or sometimes you need to hit a certain window or else you're screwed.

Uh, yeah you can. Crunch time particularly in this context does mean management dropped the ball big time. Crunch time in fact is very bad news. The reason 8 hours is a standard is because productivity starts to drop off after about 6 hours for most people so 8 is generally all you can milk them for, anything beyond that starts getting into exponential declines in productivity. Anything beyond 10 hours starts building into serious resentment and virtually no work done, or bad work done which may need to be redone...which sounds like the case here. That's a huge red flag for this game. There's zero gain to the average worker for forced crunch time and they resent it, which results in poor work for a poor product that was poorly managed from the get go.

Development doesn't quite work that way. I'd rather work a 4/10 schedule than a 5/8 schedule if I was doing development work. Development is about getting into the zone and staying in that zone as long as possible. Crunch happens on every game prior to it going gold, and many times it's because the publisher put a date on the game before it was ready.

News Comments > PlanetSide Next Nears
5. Re: PlanetSide Next Nears Jan 17, 2011, 12:26 bhcompy

CCP is also working on a MMOFPS: Dust 514  

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
13. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 14, 2011, 20:28 bhcompy

Darks wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 18:50:
ASeven wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 18:33:
Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 18:30:
The game is SO mindblowingly OMG amazing that we don't make a demo to show people just how fucking mindblowingly OMG amazing it is. They might die of OMG or something.

Iow, this is a shitty console port.

This. Don't worry though, they'll blame piracy, as usual.

Your right, With Cliffy Bitch boy B behind this game you can bet your ass they will be blaming piracy. Im still pissed off at them for not relasing Gears 2 and 3 on the pc. total bullshit!!

Where's JeffK when you need him to make fun of CliffyB?

News Comments > Gold - BREACH
29. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 17:10 bhcompy

Drezden wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 13:59:
I like the destruction, it's one the sole reasons I still play Bad Company 2.

But I hate the Active Cover system. I think 3rd personing around corners is cheating in an FPS and it makes 3rd Person games like Gears too goddamn easy.

Personally Killzone 2 has the best cover system I've seen, keeps you in first person, makes it so you still have to pop out of cover but can still peek over and around things. I wish games that wanted to use a cover system would copy theirs and not turn an FPS game into a corner camping fest. Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2 suffered from the same thing.

Pull out Rogue Spear instead. My HBM tells me where to throw that nade, or how to ambush your camping ass.

News Comments > No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises
35. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 19:37 bhcompy

A51Abductee wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 18:15:
Prez wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 13:07:
Pick any STALKER game, get the "Complete" mod compilation for it and prepare for open-world FPS bliss!

I have faith that these dudes won't screw this awesome franchise up for consoles.

Seconded, wholeheartedly - STALKER Complete 2009 is a truly amazing mod, and the only one I bother to install anymore. The game looks and plays better than ever.

Check out the official site:
http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2009/04/stalker-complete-2009.html

If you haven't played STALKER recently, reinstall it and apply this mod and you'll be stunned that it's a game from 2007.

Can't wait for them to release the Complete mod for CoP.

Does the mod require you to start over or can you use previous saves within the mod? And does it work with the Steam version?

27. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 15:25 bhcompy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 15:22:
There's absolutely no reason why incredibly large, open maps cannot be supported on console. Far Cry 2 demonstrated this. And STALKER's UI was never particularly intuitive, so the console restrictions (key mappings, etc) might actually end up benefiting the user experience.

Sure it might end up being dumbed down but there's no reason that is HAS to be. It's a developmental choice.

MAG supports 128 players on huge maps on the PS3. It can be done.

15. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 12:51 bhcompy

fds wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 10:22:
"Since we develop primarily on PC, you won't see any compromises in the PC version. The key difference between the PC and console versions will be the beauty of graphics"

But that's exactly what's so often wrong with multiplatform games and why PC users feel neglected. The key difference should not be simply taking advantage of the better hardware but having a different control/user interface, save system, menus, modding, open multiplayer…

Simplify all those for a console gamer sitting on the couch far away from a TV screen with no mouse and keyboard at hand, and presto, lousy console port. It's not about the graphics.

I think that the whole control issue is pretty much assumed from that guys point of view. STALKER has left and right lean. Nothing more has to be said.

News Comments > BF3 at GDC
11. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 16:42 bhcompy

LittleMe wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 11:04:

Don't get me wrong, BC2 is a well made game.

But focuses on the wrong parts of the IP. MOAR VEHICLES MOFOS

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 10, 2011, 14:29 bhcompy

Verno wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 12:12:
Yeah it's pretty cool, there's already a working PSX emulator. It's rough around the edges but still very neat. I just wish the PS3 had an actual hardware decoder chip for video, the SPE stuff is really confusing and probably means that no one will ever port XBMC to it.

Why do you need a PSX emulator? Mine still runs PSX games just fine. It's PS2 games that don't run.

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
82. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 3, 2011, 01:51 bhcompy

Zardoz5 wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 19:38:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 18:55:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 17:59:
Windows 7 does have XP mode.

It doesn't support directx does it?

No it doesn't. For kicks I installed 1942 in Windows 7's XP VM and the game wouldn't even start.

But it does in a VMWare image

679 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo