Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 727 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Details?
17. Re: Diablo III Details? Apr 14, 2011, 15:39 bhcompy

Cram wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 14:40:
A major reason I don't believe this persons story is that he brought up Titan.

Blizzard is notorious for separating development teams. The SC2 & WoW teams had no idea what the "Hydra" (Diablo 3 code-name) team were working on (though I'm sure they assumed). They were not privy to any information on Hydra, or allowed in the Hydra development offices. Numerous online sources out there on that, I can find and provide those later if this point is important to anyone. I find it difficult if not impossible to believe that a Diablo3 game/bug tester would have any information at all on Titan. However, I don't work at Blizzard and obviously have no idea what's going on in their offices more recently. For all I know it's a massive Titan festival everynight for all employees.

QA works a lot differently than dev, though. That said, if he was really doing QA on Titan, Titan would be fairly well developed at this point. Applications/games are more or less in alpha stage when QA starts

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Details?
5. Re: Diablo III Details? Apr 14, 2011, 14:32 bhcompy

Elessar wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 14:13:
If what he says is true, it's more like Torchlight, intended release on consoles and Titan is to be integrated with Facebook, then I'm losing a lot of faith in Blizzard. I'll obviously wait to see if these things are confirmed, but it wouldn't surprise me to see more of what we love get watered down.

One word: Activision. Two more: Publicly owned. One last one: Shareholders.

News Comments > Portal 2 Early?
36. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 13, 2011, 09:41 bhcompy

Sepharo wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 02:09:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 00:00:
Well, shit. Guess I'm buying this on the 360, then

Wouldn't it be better for your friends to buy it on PC? That way, everyone can play the best version of the game. There will probably be community co-op maps as well in the future.

Wasn't this also the game that was buy a ps3 copy and get a pc copy for free?

Technically you're not getting the PC copy free. You're buying it on Steam and Steam is available on PC, Mac, and soon to be PS3, so you're getting it across the board. The one thing I haven't heard is if you can get access to Steam(and thus Portal 2 and other future PS3 Steam games) on PS3 without buying the game in the first place. I imagine you won't be able to because each game for a console requires a licensing fee to be paid to the console company(Sony/SCE in this case)

News Comments > BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule
15. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule Apr 13, 2011, 09:39 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 06:15:
Yet, every other con in a similar setup makes money. So, maybe they need to change venues if the site is charging Blizzard too much...which I seriously doubt. Blizzard is doing this at a loss? Riiight. And I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you cheap. Throw out the actual numbers or shut up. My buddy is a top manager for the MTCC (Metro Toronto Convention Center) and the space is the same sizewize which may cost you in the 10's of 1000's per day but you're telling me they're charging Blizzard over 5 million for 2 days? Are you high? They could buy their own property and constuct a similar sized venue for less than that, nevermind utilities. And you seem to forget that probably a considerable chunk of this is a tax-write off to boot. And that says nothing against any goodwill they generate on future sales. To claim in any fashion that this costs them dime one is a load of utter shit. Oh yeah, and lets not forget the merchandising either.

The difference is that other conventions are renting out space to developers and other companies. Who is Blizzard renting out to? Themselves?

25. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 12, 2011, 23:49 bhcompy

Selektaa wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 22:25:
Well, shit. Guess I'm buying this on the 360, then

MS won't allow Steam, so any potential Steam functionality/crossplay will not come until then.

13. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 12, 2011, 19:36 bhcompy

Correlation does not equal causation, Brad.  

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
5. Re: Impulse Top 10 Apr 12, 2011, 09:18 bhcompy

Bhruic wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 00:17:
Other than Sims Medieval, there's not a recent mainstream game on the list. Which kinda cements Impulse as a niche market in my mind. It'll be interesting to see if Gamestop can change that at all - although if the indie devs abandon them and they can't get sales on mainstream games, they'll be pretty damn screwed.

All RTS gamers know what Sins is(and most own it already I imagine), most PC gamers know what Dawn of War is, and most PC gamers and FPS playing consolers know what Crysis is.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2011, 12:00 bhcompy

Pisses me off that the Dungeon Siege you get is singple player only. I'd love to get them to play coop with my family, but nooooo. The games are ancient, why the fuck do they need to be restricted?  

News Comments > Minecraft Grosses ~$33M
13. Re: Minecraft Grosses ~$33M Apr 6, 2011, 15:54 bhcompy

LittleMe wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 15:07:
Get out of cash and put it into commodities. The value of paper money is dropping. Look at what silver has done lately. This is what bailouts and 'stimulus' pork projects do to a currency (ruin it!).

Well, he's not American, so I doubt he's invested in the US dollar. You pay for the game in Euros(or was it pound sterling?)

News Comments > PCGA: PC Gaming Resurgence
18. Re: PCGA: PC Gaming Resurgence Apr 6, 2011, 11:01 bhcompy

Sepharo wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 01:32:
bhcompy wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 23:24:
Kobalt wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 19:07:
Indie games are fine and all, but people want a major release. Which pc gaming barely has. If pc gaming during a resurgence just means more indie games..pc gaming will never be dead but it's glory days are long past.

Every release from Valve, Relic, and Blizzard begs to differ, at least. Problem is that Valve and Blizzard put out a game per decade

They're also all multi-platform developers now.

With the PC being the lead, or only release such as the case for Starcraft 2, WoW, Company of Heroes series, Dawn of War series, etc.

16. Re: PCGA: PC Gaming Resurgence Apr 5, 2011, 23:24 bhcompy

Kobalt wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 19:07:
Indie games are fine and all, but people want a major release. Which pc gaming barely has. If pc gaming during a resurgence just means more indie games..pc gaming will never be dead but it's glory days are long past.

Every release from Valve, Relic, and Blizzard begs to differ, at least. Problem is that Valve and Blizzard put out a game per decade

News Comments > The Sims 3 Generations Announced
1. Re: The Sims 3 Generations Announced Apr 5, 2011, 14:57 bhcompy

How's about Sim City 5  

News Comments > PlanetSide Next Plans
11. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 5, 2011, 10:42 bhcompy

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 20:38:
What I find interesting is all the gaming sites, the comments are about how awesome the first was. Where was this great support then? That said, it's always good to release a new game that has good memories associated to it, builds momentum.

It left when Core Combat ruined it

3. Re: PCGA: PC Gaming Resurgence Apr 5, 2011, 10:40 bhcompy

Just as long as the Soviet Bloc developers keep putting out awesome shit, I don't care. Companies like Epic, Zenimax/id, etc put out meh PC games these days.

As far as resurgence, PCs completely outclass consoles in hardware capabilities currently. The gaming devs I know like to stay on the cutting edge, and that cutting edge is currently on the PC, particularly if the dev values freedom and (as mentioned) flexible ways to get customers.

News Comments > Valve ARG?
3. Re: Valve ARG? Apr 4, 2011, 15:49 bhcompy

Mostly_Harmless wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 12:37:
My money is on Left 4 Dead III.

No, they can't go down that route because there is a limit to how many games they can develop in a series before putting it in perpetual development. Next announcement will be Left4ChicagoTed, starring that guy from the NM5 wall

News Comments > Hawken Interview
6. Re: Hawken Interview Apr 4, 2011, 10:23 bhcompy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 00:29:
This game looks and sounds better every time they release more info about it; I just hope it survives the possible PS3/Xbox360 release consolization effect on the PC.

Well, it's an indie. The sequel will be consolized after it is a rousing success on the PC, like STALKER(after years of patching out bugs, of course). The fact that this plays into a genre that's had only one competitor on consoles in recent years but has been pretty successful in the past(Virtual-On, Armored Core) I do think that a console version will come eventually. That said, Armored Core had about as much customization and mildly complex controls as you could expect from an arcadey mech game, which is what this game looks like. Essentially, it's what BF1942 was to mil-sims.

News Comments > Hawken Gameplay Trailer
24. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 17:18 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 16:43:
While I love the look and sounds, it feels just a wee bit twitchy for giant mechs boogying around and getting it on. I hope their maps/environemts are quite varied, however.

You've never heard of Shogo? Farking best mech combat ever, and twitchy as all hell.

/Red riot, spider mines, farking giant katana, and, best of all, grapple

edit: Video reminds me of Armored Core with a much more badass environment. Kind of like FF7 cities + Armored Core combat

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2011, 17:29.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Early Access, Cousins Leaving EA
8. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Early Access, Cousins Leaving EA Mar 31, 2011, 17:16 bhcompy

Tom wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 16:18:
Still have no idea why someone would play this instead of BC2...

jets?

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Announced
12. Re: Take On Helicopters Announced Mar 31, 2011, 15:05 bhcompy

PHJF wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 13:46:
I remember playing Desert Combat with a purported Marine helo pilot. I was trying to "teach" her to pilot them in the game, which she insisted was more difficult than in reality.

You should have had her try the helicopter in Codename Eagle. Now that was a trip

News Comments > Gaming Mouse Maker Knocks Gaming Mice
13. Re: Gaming Mouse Maker Knocks Gaming Mice Mar 29, 2011, 14:59 bhcompy

Ratty wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 11:00:
Got a wireless "gaming" mouse with my last computer 6 years ago. What a worthless piece of crap. I dug up an old, wired, non-optical mouse with the rubber ball and have been using it ever since. I'd like to switch to a modern one - it only has two buttons and no scroll wheel and there are a couple of games where that comes in handy. Get this, in Crysis and FarCry you need a mouse wheel to zoom in with the sniper scope. So I continued to use the old fashioned mouse but got out my worthless wireless gaming mouse and set it on the desk. When I needed to zoom I reached over and used the mouse wheel on that. That's pretty lame but it actually worked pretty well. But I swear I can't find a decent mouse that fits in your hand and doesn't weigh a ton and doesn't have a bajillion buttons all along the edges that you constantly keep clicking by accident.

Logitech M100, M110, etc.
Razer Spectre

Ant wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 11:32:
I hate the mouse wheel too since my disabled hands' fingers do not work with them well. I also prefer big mice with two/three buttons.

No mouse wheel? Best non-mousewheel mouse ever made was the Wingman Gaming Mouse. Hard to find, but one of the greatest mice ever.

727 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo