Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 734 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Square "Respects the Right of GameStop" to Remove OnLive Coupons
10. Re: Square Aug 25, 2011, 10:59 bhcompy

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 10:53:
I'm still amused that after all their talk about a Gamer's Bill of Rights, that Stardock sold Impulse to these cretins.

I'm sure the complete failure of Elemental had nothing to do with it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress Turns 15
20. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 25, 2011, 09:54 bhcompy

Dev wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 05:27:
Tanto Edge wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 04:46:
Nail Grenades, Cluster Grenades, Concussion Grenades, Fire Grenades.
But seriously, who remembers that stuff, eh?
I mean, who remembers a demoman that used demolitions packs (+detpack5)?
Been there, done that. One of the things I like about TF2, less nade spam. Although I remember the EMP nades from engie with fondness (you didn't mention those)

Medic AIDS axe

News Comments > Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch
24. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 22:37 bhcompy

ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:27:
Teddy wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:21:
LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:18:
ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 19:29:
no ingame browser, etc

Whoa is this true??? Wow.

Yes. They redesigned things so that the server browser used is part of the Battlelog website.

They forced a needless change to force us to use their shitty services, you mean. This is devolving the concept of server browsers, not evolving.

Considering how shitty the ingame server browsers have been since the the beginning of the series, it's not a big deal for me

News Comments > Valve: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play "Our Goal
12. Re: Valve: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Aug 19, 2011, 12:34 bhcompy

Microsoft had a crossplatform game with Shadowrun. They had to down-tweak the kb/mouse to compete with console gamers, who also had aim assist. Shadowrun has been shuttered and the website is gone, but they posted about this in their dev blogs. Way back machine might have it still

Ultimately, the kb/mouse will always be superior, but not necessarily because of what you think. Analog sticks on controllers have deadzones of 10-15 degrees. Because of this lack of precision, the controllers will never be as accurate as a mouse, which has no deadzone.

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
42. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 17:29 bhcompy

Games like Driver are first and foremost console games. Sucks that Ubisoft are being dicks, but pretty much everything they're dropping on PC that has this type of DRM is a console game. How's about you play it on a console and stop bitching

/hate DRM as much as anyone else, but wanting to play a shitty port is even worse

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
40. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 16:26 bhcompy

Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 15:41:
Joss wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 15:38:
Yeah, Track IR support would rock! Oh well, maybe one day.

Unfortunately Dice can barely manage to support more a handful of joysticks, let alone TrackIR. The joystick support for Bad Company 2 was hilariously bad.

Because starting with Codename Eagle the games were setup for flight with mouse/kb. They pretty much have the best mouse/kb implementation around. I don't like it with a joystick after playing with it that way for a decade+

News Comments > Wargaming.net and Revell Team
1. Re: Wargaming.net and Revell Team Aug 13, 2011, 16:05 bhcompy

I'd be more happy if they introduced cross-platform fun. WoT is the type of arcadey game made for a console to be played on a bigscreen  

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
7. Re: EA: PC Aug 13, 2011, 16:01 bhcompy

finga wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 15:40:
The next console generation is nearly as risky for the publishers as it is for the manufacturers. Think about launch titles - who wants to publish a game on a system that, heading up to the game's release date, only has a guaranteed install base consisting, at maximum, of the number of pre-ordered consoles?

It's only a problem if the publisher doesn't take a long view on it. Konami knew that MGS4 would sell regardless of initial installbase. They invested a shitload of time and money into that game, and I'm sure they've made a pretty profit on it by now. The problem is the American game companies take a short view on profit, but that's fine, because Japanese ones don't seem to care about that.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
19. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 15:08 bhcompy

So they only interviewed the current crop of neophytes. The players that actually loved the beta(betas 3 through 5.2 played the best of any version) are still getting put by the wayside, as the complaining about the strength of SMGs was mentioned while the tweaked accuracy of the ARs was complained about. Clan play early on was a mixture of MP5, P90(added in beta 4 or 5), and some M4/AK. Beta 6 forward to now it's been mostly AWP/AK or bust, and relatively boring.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Delayed
15. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Delayed Aug 8, 2011, 21:54 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 13:42:
And 2 weeks is going to fix it? I think not.

Made a huge difference in WW2O and Anarchy Online. Release day patches in the hundreds of megabytes

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Delayed
6. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Delayed Aug 8, 2011, 13:01 bhcompy

Good. This will spare shitty reviews and complaining about multi-hundred meg patches on release day. Go gold when it's ready  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 8, 2011, 01:55 bhcompy

SirKnight wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 23:07:
First thing I have always done right after installing Vista or 7 is disable UAC.

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 20:41:
I don't need malware to turn off UAC.

Shit's annoying.

Lol

UAC is as annoying as malware. Might as well be.

News Comments > Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter
33. Re: Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter Aug 4, 2011, 11:37 bhcompy

Kosumo wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 21:49:
WoW is and oldish game, it is going to die down over time, it maybe past it's peak but I think it will still be around for many years to come (5-8 at lest)

Well, some games die down over time. EVE is 8 years old and has grown every year. Not bad

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Epic on PC Gaming
16. Re: Quoteworthy - Epic on PC Gaming Aug 4, 2011, 09:48 bhcompy

Jerykk wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 04:31:
He isn't wrong though, console and PC gaming have traded back and forth on which is "in" and which is "out" since they started. Right now we're really already in a time where the focus is on the PC.

I wouldn't go that far. Consoles still make the bulk of profits for most games. With the growth of digital distribution and the aging of console hardware, PC is receiving stronger focus than it has since 2006 but that's still a far cry from the glorious days of the 90's and early 2000.

With digital distribution and no licensing fees it's almost guaranteed that PC games have way better per unit margins, though. And even with physical distribution, it would still be better, just not that much better.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses
31. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 12:10 bhcompy

Teddy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 11:33:
bhcompy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 11:06:
LMG whores are the worst whores. Seriously, die in a newb fire

Who is this retard? Because I chose to play a medic to try and help my team that makes me a "newb"?

Perhaps you misunderstand the concept of Battlefield games.

You complained that it took too many hits from a weapon with a 100-200 shot clip with no cool down and a tactical scope to improve accuracy. I'd say that's being a newb. The biggest reason BF infantry has always sucked ass is because of LMG whoring

News Comments > Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses
28. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 11:06 bhcompy

Teddy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 04:12:
OldScho0l wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 02:10:
@Teddy
It has always been an option in BC2. It's considered a casual feature where as Hardcore servers have it disabled. 2D spotting is enabled via the map, but Hardcore doesn't have the mini map and you have to actually open your map to see the 2D spots. I only play on Hardcore mode in BC2 because I hate the 3D spotting and insane damage a player can take in casual mode. The Alpha was casual mode.

I had a total blast playing BF3! Now I'm wishing that prone could be added into BC2.

Only ever tried normal mode in BC2 once. As soon as I saw how many rounds it took from an LMG to kill someone, I logged off and went to hardcore, so I don't think I ever saw the 3d spotting in that game.

That said, I didn't find the damage model far off from Hardcore BC2 to the alpha for BF3. People died plenty fast in it, giving or recieving. The spotting was just silly when you could spam Q and have little arrows pointing out people you'd never have seen.

I get the intent of it, and sure it helps with teamwork, but it's far from balanced. It really needs to have a cooldown on the use of it, and have the range it will spot people limited so that they have to be closer to the crosshair for it to work. This "everything in the scope" stuff should be restricted to recon who have the spotting mod.

LMG whores are the worst whores. Seriously, die in a newb fire

News Comments > Square Enix Acquires True Crime: Hong Kong
1. Re: Square Enix Acquires <strike>True Crime</strike>: Hong Kong Aug 2, 2011, 11:04 bhcompy

I enjoyed True Crime LA. Guess I'm one of the few

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
49. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:46 bhcompy

Techie714 wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 11:48:
bhcompy wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 11:42:
Real money sales means tax implications. Since Blizzard is based in CA, that means that CA residents will be charged tax on purchases. Sellers will also have to pay tax on their earnings. Bad juju, this is

Shit, you are correct I didn't think about that. *If you lived in California that would be a concern given our taxes here*

Technically speaking, even if you are outside of CA you are still liable for those sales taxes, but the states have no way of enforcing that(though some states require all online vendors to collect a flat sales tax, like NY). The income you make from it is subject to federal and state income taxes. Again, you're liable, just hard to enforce. You're liable when you sell stuff on eBay, too.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
12. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 11:42 bhcompy

Real money sales means tax implications. Since Blizzard is based in CA, that means that CA residents will be charged tax on purchases. Sellers will also have to pay tax on their earnings. Bad juju, this is  

News Comments > On Steam and Direct3D
4. Re: On Steam and Direct3D Jul 31, 2011, 13:11 bhcompy

Rockn-Roll wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 12:54:
The whole intent of DirectX is to provide a unified interface and runtime.

.Net and Java have the same intent, yet you need almost always need each version and revision installed to run an application correctly under the version it was designed with/compiled under. This is not unprecedented, and it doesn't surprise me in the least.

734 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo