Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 808 (Graduate)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
28. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 22:32 bhcompy

walrus1 wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:55:
Task wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:38:
Jesus they really need to start packing these on blurays (for PCs).
Yeah cuase we all have bluray roms.

And we all had DVD players when they started selling games on DVD, right? And we all had CDROMs when they started selling games on CD, right? And we all had 3.5" floppy drives when they started selling games on 3.5" floppy drives, right? They can do both. It just makes sense to migrate to Bluray over time for physical media.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
19. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 18:09 bhcompy

SlimRam wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 17:07:
Like it or not, I think that network only (no console) gaming is going to happen. I think all there will be in the future is cloud based gaming...and taking a small pill that transmits your neural responses wirelessly to .... THE CLOUD! Of course once my brain waves are transmitted to the cloud...the police will probably be showing up very soon afterwards

You're a few generations early. PS9 is the first one with mind spores.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
12. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 13:32 bhcompy

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 13:12:
So the PS5 will just be a box that streams games from a central server?

Eh, more for demos and the ability to stream your PS5 elsewhere, just like you can with your PS4 and Vita

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 12:52 bhcompy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:34:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:22:
My guess is that this video isn't showing max settings but rather highlighting 60 FPS.
Of course it's showing the highest setting, it's a promotional video. The reality is that it's a one-and-a-half year old console game that's been ported to PC. It was never a good looking game and Rockstar really doesn't give a shit about PC gamers.

It's also on an updated GTA4 engine.

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 11:08:
I'd love to know what sort of a hardware you'd need to get the kind of details shown in the trailer running at 1080p-60fps.
I doubt my GTX760 will cut it.

On one side, it's the GTA4 engine, so it's not pushing any limits that weren't already pushed.

Secondly, though, and probably more importantly, Rockstar has historically done a very poor job of PC engine optimization, requiring much higher specs than expected to make up for the deficiencies in the engine.

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
3. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 15:52 bhcompy

DangerDog wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 15:50:
No market for the Xbox One in Russia?

Biggest international games in Russia: World of Tanks, Eve Online.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
27. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 11:06 bhcompy

Err, this is not some new DRM method. Spore had this nearly a decade ago.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 23, 2015, 03:09 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 23:54:
There are better, less costly, and more efficient alternatives to prison.

And a fire and forget lifetime tracking system ain't it

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 22, 2015, 20:46 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 17:35:
Leave it to Ars to defend a repeat child molester.

Eh, if the crime warrants life, stick them in prison for life. Regardless of what the crime is, you do the crime and you pay the time, and that time most conform with the Eighth Amendment. The idea behind most of our civil rights and protections are that the protections for the bad are a requirement for the good to be protected. Just like with free speech, free assembly, protection from unwarranted search and seizure, etc.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak
5. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 15:09 bhcompy

Video's gone. Only question is: Which does it more resemble: Rogue Spear or Vegas? If the answer is the latter it's not a title deserving of the Rainbow 6 name.  

News Comments > New METAL GEAR SOLID Game Plans
8. Re: New METAL GEAR SOLID Game Plans Mar 20, 2015, 13:07 bhcompy

harlock wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 12:39:
bhcompy wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 10:36:
Keep in mind that Kojima is big in Japan first, US second. For Sony, Konami, and every other Japanese company that's invested heavily in Kojima specifically, that's a huge part of it.

yeh but hes probably pretty big everywhere.. i get that - im just saying that personally i dont think he's much of a rock star... just another japanese game dev from the great tradition of ultra-weird japanese stuff, which is not as big as it used to be imo

like the Suka guy.. i think theres a whole culture of rock star game devs in japan thats still going strong, unlike the USA where its just a legacy phenomena from the 90s

Sure, he's big everywhere, but so is Miyazaki. Doesn't mean that Japan isn't the core audience and motivation for either.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2015, 12:06 bhcompy

Julio wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 11:29:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 10:48:
I have no hope for Star Wars BF...coop against bots

I miss bots. No bots, no sale. Otherwise I'm renting a game with a short lifespan when they turn off the servers.

? There are third party servers for all BF games.

News Comments > Logistics Company Simulator Released
2. Re: Logistics Company Simulator Released Mar 20, 2015, 10:44 bhcompy

Reminds me of a trucking sim I used to play on Apple 2e in class. Truckin' around California delivering and picking up goods. Was fun when I was 10.  

News Comments > New METAL GEAR SOLID Game Plans
6. Re: New METAL GEAR SOLID Game Plans Mar 20, 2015, 10:36 bhcompy

harlock wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 10:00:
i also never thought kojima was some kind of rock star.. but i think he does, and it shows quite a bit in his games

but then again, theres a reason for his grandiosity, because the games are damn good... they dont need 30 min cutscenes tho, that shit is retarded

i wonder what an MGS game without him would look like tho - probably some kind of generic bullshit, so thats kinda wack

Keep in mind that Kojima is big in Japan first, US second. For Sony, Konami, and every other Japanese company that's invested heavily in Kojima specifically, that's a huge part of it.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
47. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 14:37 bhcompy

Caslon wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 13:33:
Making Half Life: Episode 3 would have been dumb. Why make another "Episode" when the first two "Episodes" looked and played exactly the same? Why?

Episodes were meant to be shorter versions of the games. Episodic content. The problem is they took too long to release it.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
34. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 13:01 bhcompy

Flatline wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:52:

I'd settle for a dev document with a plot synopsis at this point.

Release a L4D style graphic novel, a regular novel, an animated series... something. Just finish the story that we all invested in because it was good. Newell is turning into GRRM at this point

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
10. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 13:46 bhcompy

Damn, how far as Obsidian fallen that they need to be published by Paradox?  

News Comments > Joe Montana Football 16 Revealed
10. Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 13:45 bhcompy

Joe Montana was superior to Madden back in the Genesis days.. little late to be reviving it, though. If they were going to revive a non-licensed game, why not Super High Impact Football?  

News Comments > Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken
10. Re: Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken Mar 16, 2015, 15:21 bhcompy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 14:49:
Eve online isn't F2P. You can just purchase in game Pilot License EXtentions (PLEX) to pay your monthly dues in game. That's not a free to play model.

Are you required to pay to play? No. Thus, a F2P option is available. And it's really easy to make that much ISK.

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 14:49:

It was like playing a really shitty gundam type game. As in, was a horrible copy of existing games but did them half as good. Precisely why that game is getting "RELOADED".

And I'd say that's a judgment call. I didn't see that. There is very little in the PC space for arcade style mech games. The biggest arcade style mech games are Armored Core and Virtua-On. Virtua-On is long dead and Armored Core is console only.

8. Re: Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken Mar 16, 2015, 14:00 bhcompy

Task wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 13:54:
The experiment of the F2P-Era is slowly dissolving.

Yep, TF2, League of Legends, DOTA2, EVE Online, and other games that thrive with free to play options are totally fading away.

6. Re: Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken Mar 16, 2015, 13:25 bhcompy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 12:38:
I didn't like Hawken very much. Something about it seemed to gundam and shitty.

Because Japanese and arcade style means shitty, eh?

808 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo