Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 732 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans
2. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans Sep 28, 2011, 10:18 bhcompy

Considering the complexity of the game, it's ridiculous that it doesn't have a manual  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:53 bhcompy

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:36:
Just play FlatOut. The most recent one fixed a good amount of the flaws of the original.

Destruction Derby was fun, but if you think back to it you basically spent the whole time driving in reverse. I think we were easier to please back then.

FlatOut is great, but also old. I'd be happy with a new FlatOut, but they haven't released anything new since FlatOut 2 ages ago(HeadOn and such are just repackaged versions of 2 for other platforms)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:00 bhcompy

Can Reflections please release a new Destruction Derby? It's only been eons  

News Comments > IW on PC Modern Warfare 3
9. Re: IW on PC Modern Warfare 3 Sep 27, 2011, 13:00 bhcompy

DangerDog wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 12:28:
Releasing the mod tools would be a colossal undertaking for them, also due to the complexity of the game engine used you would never be able to figure out how it all works.

This is what I never understood. Quake used QuakeC. Here it is. Good luck. Final result is some of the best games and mods of all time. And mapping/modelling was the same. HL had Worldcraft(or whatever it was) and it wasn't any easier.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2011, 03:07 bhcompy

Consoles are shitty PCs because all the meatheads wanted to do shit on their consoles that they should have left on the PC to begin with. Leave the multimedia, ditch all the other shit  

News Comments > Why No Commander in Battlefield 3
17. Re: Why No Commander in Battlefield 3 Sep 23, 2011, 01:57 bhcompy

spindoctor wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 00:44:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 23:27:
Then why not fix/improve the role instead of eliminating it?

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this. Why not design the role better instead of complaining about how it was a bad idea because of weak design?

It worked okay in BF2. Could have theoretically kept it. That said, they make it sound like it's undoable. I'd say what was effectively the commander in Tribes(whoever manned the command console, basically) worked real well.

News Comments > Why No Commander in Battlefield 3
10. Re: Why No Commander in Battlefield 3 Sep 22, 2011, 23:41 bhcompy

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 20:43:
He forgot to mention the commanders that dropped vehicles ON YOUR HEAD, supply drops on ROOFS, and artillery on flags the team was trying to capture, followed by 50 thousand felt chat lines on "lets kick the commander" and a felt 600 votes, and revote attempts to get rid of the commander.

Only to be followed up by someone who never before played commander and had no clue what to do.

vehicle drops on enemy snipers' heads was the best ever

News Comments > Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints?
1. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 12:33 bhcompy

I don't get what the updated Valve logo has to do with anything. It's not like it turns into the Freeman  

News Comments > Primal Carnage Footage
5. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 19:31 bhcompy

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 15:43:

That's a name I've not heard in awhile...wait, no, I was thinking of Primal Rage, the old Atari game.

Yea, fuck Primal Carnage. I want Primal Rage

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed Sep 15, 2011, 16:53 bhcompy

Tumbler wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 16:24:
So 9 maps. And all 9 of those maps work with Rush mode... It's possible they are able to open up the maps a lot more and spread the flags out in 64 player matches but conquest using the rush capture points never felt like much fun. The maps were designed to follow a path so the farther down that path you go the more enemies you're likely to find in conquest...

It was never like the big open maps from bf2 that had you traveling all over the map.

Have they released any mini map images of how the conquest 64 player maps will look compared to the smaller map modes? (ie where the captures points will be?

Shit, give me El Alamein any day of the week

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed Sep 15, 2011, 15:57 bhcompy

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 15:18:
So conquest is the only game mode allows 64 players.

Which I'm plenty fine with. Conquest was the only mode worth a damn in BF2 and previous and Rush(the only other decent mode for a public server) is far too hectic and cramped already to double the user count

News Comments > Dead Island Ships 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide
20. Re: Dead Island Sells 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide Sep 15, 2011, 13:15 bhcompy

NicklePop wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 12:06:
Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:56:
I am contemplating a double purchase of this game so I can play coop w/ a family member. Can someone who owns it let me know if the full storyline is coop or are there separate coop missions? I ask because if I buy w/ the intent to play coop then I'd like to have a lot of content (since I may pay full price vs bargain bin). TIA.

The full game is coop.

Best coop experience of my life - 1 AM, a few beers, 3 friends - unbelievable fun.

Can't recommend this game enough, best coop game ever made IMO.

Quite the statement. Nothing beats Serious Sam for coop, though.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots
14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots Sep 15, 2011, 09:13 bhcompy

InBlack wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 07:59:
World of Tanks has the F2P formula nailed down pretty well.

Assuming that there will be an XP and/or an item progression tree, its pretty simple to implement some analog method.

The entire game is F2P, but earning credits and XP is increased by a % when you purchase a premium account.

Aditionally they can add some extra equipment/items/vehicles/whatever that cost gold (or whatever real-cash currency they choose to use) that cant be had by regular means.

Personally I like WoT system, although some might argue that a faster leveling progression for paying user is Pay2Win.

WoT has a good formula, but it might be incompatible if they stick with the same progression that Planetside had. I'd prefer no individual item/vehicle XP or "gold" to purchase said vehicle as well.

News Comments > Why Bethesda Turned Down A Song of Ice and Fire
8. Re: Why Bethesda Turned Down A Song of Ice and Fire Sep 15, 2011, 00:12 bhcompy

Umbragen wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 23:51:
I'm not sure why they passed, it's not like it would be the first time Bethesda made a game you got sick of playing before the damned thing ended.

I don't know who is going to finish the series after Martin passes beyond the wall, but I'm already past caring.

KJA, just to spite you.

News Comments > Why Bethesda Turned Down A Song of Ice and Fire
4. Re: Why Bethesda Turned Down A Song of Ice and Fire Sep 14, 2011, 21:45 bhcompy

Rain wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 20:58:
Most likely they wouldn't be able to meet the deadlines.

Neither can GRRM

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
34. Re: Diablo III Lag-Free? Sep 14, 2011, 14:11 bhcompy

F&F? Friends and family? Foodies and fuckheads?  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Delayed Until Next Year; Closed Beta Nears
1. Re: Tribes: Ascend Delayed Until Next Year; Closed Beta Nears Sep 14, 2011, 10:18 bhcompy

Screenshots at least look promising with the large outdoor environments and such(unlike T:V)  

News Comments > DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 "Lead Platform"
3. Re: DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 Sep 13, 2011, 20:20 bhcompy

I love reading the console players' tears on the Eurogamer article  

News Comments > Arma 3 Gamescom Trailers
5. Re: Arma 3 Gamescom Trailers Sep 13, 2011, 15:56 bhcompy

Never played Arma... always looked good. What games would be comparable? OFP?  

News Comments > World of Battleships Website
5. Re: World of Battleships Website Sep 13, 2011, 15:33 bhcompy

kanniballl wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 15:07:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 13:04:
Add Subs. Make it cost money or something but add subs.

Ah the Sub... if this were TF2 it would be a combo of the sniper + spy. Hard to NOT consider that an awesome ship.

Honestly, if subs were in there I think the sea would be like 75% subs, and the last 25% spread among the rest.

Well, you either enforce a limit or design around it(WoT already does this to a degree with matchmaking). Also, a WW2 era sub doesn't want to go anywhere near a destroyer

732 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo