Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
14. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 10, 2011, 18:33 bhcompy

I just hope that if it does continue development somewhere it remains in indy hands. Any mainstream publisher/developer would kill what makes it great  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New World of Tanks Record
8. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 16:15 bhcompy

Love WoT. Good time passer and doesn't use many resources, so I usually play in downtime between fleet activity in EVE  

News Comments > FlatOut 3 Next Week
18. Re: FlatOut 3 Next Week Dec 7, 2011, 14:13 bhcompy

wtf_man wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 08:20:

FlatOut 3 looks like utter garbage. Why the fuck isn't Bugbear making this?

As I stated(and has been posted here on Blues), they have the Ridge Racer IP now and they're working on making that FlatOut-esque.

News Comments > FlatOut 3 Next Week
7. Re: FlatOut 3 Next Week Dec 6, 2011, 23:38 bhcompy

Luckily, the new Ridge Racer game from BugBear looks like it will fill the spot that FlatOut 3 was supposed to fill, but, unfortunately, minus rally mode.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 5, 2011, 01:10 bhcompy

bigspender wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 00:54:
the thing that confuses me is that, a lot of key features that were established as good ideas in previous battlefield games didn't make it into battlefield 3. its amazing.

for example the excellent squad and spawn system - why has it gone backwards?

or e.g. the chatbox. gone backwards as well

Pretty simple: Consoles.

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 4, 2011, 21:46 bhcompy

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 20:15:
Well that doesn't exactly fix the bad map design There should be some access above the metro.. it boggles the mind why they made this map not as a 2-layer map, above ground and below ground.. it would add the much needed flanking possibility to get past B and generally open up this corridor nightmare.

I realize chance for that is NILL, but hopefully the map-pack coming up is gonna add better maps. Fact is metro is BY FAR the worst and most boring map of the whole set. well imo

It is a dedicated infantry map. The fact that it has infantry bottlenecks doesn't bother me one bit. Boring isn't the word I'd use. Annoying is more operative when everyone has frag autoshotguns. Given proper weapon balancing, it will be a great map. As it is, it's just a great map for raising ranks.

News Comments > EverQuest Cheaters on Notice
25. Re: EverQuest Cheaters on Notice Dec 4, 2011, 19:42 bhcompy

Animals for Crackers wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 07:31:
ShowEQ wasn't even that easy, you had to have a second box running Linux to even do it. I did have a buddy who ran it, and it was neat to look at, but the only real advantage it gave you was allowing you to know if a Rare Spawn was up in the zone. Not exactly the greatest of advantages for what was required to run it.

There's a crap-ton more applications in being able to see every player/NPC/mob on the map than simply knowing if a Rare spawn is up, especially on pvp servers where camps are contestable and large guilds can be ready to mobilize against each other at a moments notice.

On a solo/PVE basis, I'd agree it's maybe almost not worth the hassle but still valuable.

Yes, but this was never the case in early EQ when ShowEQ was useful.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 4, 2011, 19:36 bhcompy

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 17:21:
No Metro changes...

I'd say that nerfing IRNV, autoshotties, and fully automatic accuracy is a good enough nerf for Metro for now.

20. Re: EverQuest Cheaters on Notice Dec 4, 2011, 01:42 bhcompy

Drezden wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 23:42:
descender wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 12:08:
Anyone know what they are referring to? I remember way back when... like 8 years ago when I played EQ there was a ShowEQ thing that would give you a map of the entire zone you were in with all of the mobs populated on it. Has it gotten worse than that?

ShowEQ wasn't even that easy, you had to have a second box running Linux to even do it. I did have a buddy who ran it, and it was neat to look at, but the only real advantage it gave you was allowing you to know if a Rare Spawn was up in the zone. Not exactly the greatest of advantages for what was required to run it.

The rare spawns, yes, but also loot. The spawns spawned with the loot in inventory and this information was sent to the clients. This was subsequently changed as a result, of course

14. Re: EverQuest Cheaters on Notice Dec 3, 2011, 20:31 bhcompy

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 11:38:
HAHAHAHA If they KNOW who the cheaters are they would ban them right away.

This proves they dont know and are unable to detect them.

There probably are a high percentage of cheaters. CCP did the same with EVE. Stated we're coming after you so you better stop, then proceeded to actively campaign against them a short time later and banning a few percent of their user base(which is a pretty significant number if you ask me)

News Comments > BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates
23. Re: BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates Dec 2, 2011, 16:06 bhcompy

Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 11:17:
The game is pretty well balanced imo, except that OP USAS shotgun with the frag rounds that is crazy.

Eh I don't know, the game feels very poorly balanced right now between some overpowered attachments/unlocks and some glaring map design issues. They really need to take another balance pass at both the maps and attachments. Some of the unlocks are really unfair too, I have guided shell in the tank and its basically a win button versus any tank driver who lacks it unless he has 2 pocket engineers. Damavand Peak CQ needs a revisit, Firestorm needs its points spread out and so on. The Recon kit in general is so situational and the gadgets so limited that it's almost useless. It's all fixable stuff for sure but Dice needs to actually start doing something about it.

BtK will bring back a lot of players but they'll just be gone again afterward if they don't start addressing issues.

Yes, there is more to it than just autoshotty+frag. LMGs shouldn't have zoom, silencers, or extended mags(they don't use mags, certain guns may be appropriate for larger drums based on real world use). Thermal vision shouldn't even be in the game. There shouldn't be a fully automatic(or de facto) handgun that is as powerful as the current one is. etc

And yes, some of the maps are too poorly thought out and favor one team, or essentially ends the map prematurely once a particular point is reached(losing all the CPs in metro as the subway spawn, for instance).

News Comments > BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates
22. Re: BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates Dec 2, 2011, 15:58 bhcompy

spindoctor wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 15:43:
SXO wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 14:49:
That being said, I think everybody needs to take a step back and look at what EA is actually doing.

Everybody can see it. It's just that because it's Battlefield, they give it a free pass. Or more accurately, because it's not Call of Duty, they give it a free pass.

If people found out that Activision was creating a map pack 6 months before release and it would have 4 old maps in it, they would be screaming bloody murder. But when Battlefield does it, hypocrisy kicks in and everyone is okay with it. Everyone complains about how Call of Duty costs 60$, but BF3 is a 75$ game on release day unless you pre-ordered it and everyone is cool with it.

Problem is you're not looking hard enough. Gamestop, Best Buy, etc still have pre-release copies(aka Limited Edition) that come with the expansion bundled in. I went to Gamestop on Black Friday and bought the game(with Karkand) for $40. Best Buy had it for $30, but they had no PC copies in store(not unexpected).

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Who is buying all these xboxes? Dec 1, 2011, 14:54 bhcompy

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 10:23:
Pretty obvious even to a layman. Anyone who reads the news knows that that SOE and the PS3 is a problem waiting to happen considering their past issues.

By that measure then so is Microsoft and 360.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer
28. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 15:17 bhcompy

Elessar wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 13:55:
Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:16:
Agreed. IRNV, taclights and frag shells need to be nerfed into oblivion. I don't even care about making it fair, IRNV literally defeats the purpose of playing a Battlefield game by seeing through smoke/debris, cover and etc. Nerf it into the ground, it's an absurd attachment. Likewise frag shells should not be a portable LAV cannon, it's ridiculous that some dude with a shotgun can kill an entire squad at ~50 yards and even do so by firing into/around cover. Taclights are just annoying, no one likes them. I don't care if its realistic or not, it sucks so lose it.
Truer words were never spoken. Portable LAV cannon is a perfect description and the fact that it can even be compared to a vehicles main weapon is absurd. It's like shooting a damn RPG, quickly, repeatedly and with little to no skill as it doesn't require much aiming. I can't believe none of what you mentioned was addressed in the latest patch. DICE is an enigma. They develop this beautiful game yet can't seem to make a UI or balance glaring OP weapons. It's like they stop making an awesome top tier game at 90% and just release it.

Well, what made you think they would? They never addressed LMG problems from previous games. Now they just upped the ante with the frag autoshotty, and LMGs can still use silencers, scopes, and shoot a 250round clip with no cooldown or increasing cone of fire.

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:59 bhcompy

Matshock wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:42:
Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:44:

The flight ceiling is so low that jets are essentially useless.

That applies to all the maps, even Caspian. Playing both sides of the sky it looks like the fast jets only matter to helicopters and each other. All the ground clutter and a lack of targeting methods don't help either.

They used to rule Gulf of Oman. I guess we'll see.

Well, was the special vehicle the SU34? There was a glimpse of a non-F35 in that video. The SU34 in BF2 has the guided missile.

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:13 bhcompy

necrosis wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:11:
Woo! Paying for maps that are long overdue that we once got for free via user created content!

Well, I didn't pay for them and I didn't preorder the game either. Gamestop had BF3 for $40 on black friday and Best Buy had it for $30. I found a preorder version of BF3 at Gamestop that came with the expansion for free so I bought that, which made it cheaper than buying it from Origin+paying $15 for the expansion(was also $30 on Origin without the expansion).

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:12 bhcompy

Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:44:

Tehran Highway would be a lot more fun without IRNV/frag shell abuse.

Metro would be a far less frustrating meat grinder/points accumulation map without frag shell abuse as well. One guy with an autoshotty, extended mag, and frag shells can take out an entire group in a camp and never even see them. Then they complain if you start whoring them with the nade launcher

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
31. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 28, 2011, 09:35 bhcompy

It's a single player RPG. Frame rate doesn't really matter.  

News Comments > Afterfall: InSanity Trailer
1. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Trailer Nov 22, 2011, 12:55 bhcompy

Looks good. Has a bit of a FEAR quality to it

edit: talkin about the linked video, not the displayed one

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2011, 13:40.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta "Imminent"
11. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Nov 20, 2011, 02:33 bhcompy

arnold wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 01:41:

quakeworld for people who have real skill

Now you're talkin

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo