Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 714 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed
7. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 13:24 bhcompy

Alamar wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 12:59:
zodden wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 12:51:
Illumin wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 12:29:
While I enjoy the game for the time being I see them comeing to a point where its putting out content for lvl 50s or fixing all the crap that is wrong with this game either way they have their work cut out for them.

The game hasn't even been out a month. Whose fault is it that there are people with too much time on their hands who feel the need to get to the cap right away?

Whose fault is it that there are people with too much time on their hands who feel the need to post on forums? : )

Some people like to level... Others like to claim they've put in 200 hours before touching the 'main quest line' in some games... To each their own...

Myself... I'd have a few 50s by now if I hadn't gotten burned out some... I have a 41 and a 32, and the 32 I haven't touched in weeks... The 41, I mostly log in for about 30-60m a day to do some space missions, and maybe work on the class quest lines with the wife... And some crafting.

In short, as with just about every other new massive, getting to max doesn't take a lot of time... Quite a bit less than people (here) claimed they put into Skyrim in launch week (or two) : )

-Alamar

More like in short MMOs are too easy. Need to go back to the EQ days. You'd be level 15 by now. Maybe

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in May; PC Version Coming After All
6. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in May; PC Version Coming After All Jan 10, 2012, 13:44 bhcompy

Meh, no hope for this really. GRAW1/2 for PC actually had some semblance of squad tactics, but the PC versions were also developed by a separate company, not Ubisoft. The Tom Clancy labelled games are basically severed from their tactical squad based heritage. No hope for this game or R6P. Fuck you Ubisoft and fuck you Red Storm

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2012, 15:48.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Preview Driver
4. Re: AMD Catalyst Preview Driver Jan 5, 2012, 15:45 bhcompy

Evil Timmy wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 15:27:
It should be noted these are solely to provide bugfixes and improved performance for an upcoming Rage update, so unless you're for some reason still playing it, you can leave these alone. On the other hand, if you are still using 11.x Cats, the initial 12.1 Preview release had a number of performance tweaks, and they're as rock-solid as one could hope for.

Indeed, corrected BF3 BSOD issues I had since loading 11.x

News Comments > Mobilization
7. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 15:40 bhcompy

killer_roach wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 15:15:
Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 11:16:
But earlier this year, Sony said the Vita, which retails for the equivalent of $317 in Japan, didn't need to lower its price in light of the competition from the 3DS.

“We have a very good product at a very affordable price,” Sony Consumer & Products Services President Kaz Hirai told Bloomberg in August. “There’s no need to lower the price just because somebody else that happens to be in the video game industry decided they were going to.”

PS3 LESSON : UNLEARNED

Good job, Sony. How you manage to stay in business with idiots like this running the ship should by now be considered the ninth wonder of the world.

Creston

Bigger problem right now for Vita in Japan is that there aren't that many high-profile games for it. You'd think they would've had a Monster Hunter game announced by now to lure in Japanese gamers, but it looks like Capcom's content to leaving that franchise to the 3DS now (not surprising, as the 3DS' hardware isn't that different from the PSP's, meaning they can re-use assets with impunity).

The launch lineup for the US in late February looks better, but what the system launched with in Japan is pretty thin, and lacking in properties that are major system movers in Japan. The closest thing they have at present to that would be a new Hot Shots Golf game, for crying out loud.

I haven't been paying attention to it. Are there plans for new MGS Portable Ops or a new portable God of War from Ready At Dawn?

News Comments > Mobilization
5. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 14:50 bhcompy

Bucky wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 13:02:
Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 12:18:
Hoping some good oll internet law degrees drop in but...

As Verizon changes their billing policy doesn't that give you the 30 day right to back out of your contract? Something with a contract being changed you are free to back out of it without penalty?

Or since it's your choice how to pay it doesn't matter? They're just passing along the charges to their customers?

It's not a change in fees, it's just a fee for a one-time payment method, so it won't alter the contract.

I pay all my bills online, and I prefer to do it with a one-time credit card transaction, but more and more sites are charging a fee for this. With a credit card I'm protected if the information gets stolen, and by not making it a recurring charge I'll actually keep an eye on my bills.

This is what I did to get around this: Setup a free checking account with no overdraft and only the minimum to keep it open($5) and linked it to my paypal. When I pay online I either use paypal or this checking account(via electronic check, which Verizon allows for no charge) and I xfer the cash in to the account when I need buy something. I avoid charges with credit cards, I avoid potential for unauthorized transactions running up my CC bill, I avoid giving my primary checking account to anyone, and I limit my potential exposed liability to the minimum amount to hold the account open.

News Comments > Consolidation
2. Re: Consolidation Dec 29, 2011, 15:40 bhcompy

Doma wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 14:38:
I misread and thought it said "Twisted Metal to include Black metal".

Almost shouted "fuck yeah!" to the laptop..

Oh and I have not played TM since the good old days, is it console only now? Like everything else?

Err, it always was as far as I know. It started on consoles.

News Comments > BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned
31. Re: BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned Dec 28, 2011, 22:58 bhcompy

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 20:06:

One thing though, if you ever try to take down a jet with ECM perk with a javelin... forget it. These jets pilots can activate a sustained jammer against ALL (and multiple) missiles and often just fly straight up and jam once they hear a firing ping. Theres no way to down these with ground based weapons.

Actually, if it's firing it seems to be too late. I pop ECM while being targeted as a jet. And yes, ECM>Flares for the most part

21. Re: BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned Dec 28, 2011, 14:38 bhcompy

Panickd wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 14:09:
I don't understand how a game with so many blatant flaws/bugs/bad design can have so many people who love it.

It's because there's nothing else like it.

13. Re: BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned Dec 28, 2011, 13:26 bhcompy

Wildone wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 11:32:
Jets are just a mere annoyance to choppers, you can't gun them down unless they are really stupid and dont change direction, most are not so dumb. Takes at least 2 or 3 passes with the gun on the jet. It should be possible in 1 sweep, given the fact bullets going thru a chopper blade should be insta death..but I know its a 'game' still DICE, lets have some pretense of semi-realism! Most of the maps I've played on they completely OWN the air, and most of the ground. They pulverize AA first, land behind a building for a quick repair and on their way again. People working together to SOFLAM them? I've never seen it yet. They're flare recharge rate is quicker than jets missles and stinger reloads. So unless 3 people all stinger them that aint happening. There's always exceptions but my experience its choppers that are owning this game due to someone at Dice who just loves em!!!

I don't have an issue taking out choppers with jets unless there is a great deal of AA or other jets hunting me. I use various configurations for this, either laser designator with the tv missile + guns or guns + belt speed or missiles + guns(with or without beam scanning). Good pilots still make it difficult and sometimes it takes an extra pass, but slowing down to the point of stalling definitely gives you enough time to take them out given a lack of outside interference(I like to fly to the top of the map and come straight down to avoid flying low and slow with all the AA generally around).

Plus, unless you know they don't have flares, you only fire one missile at a time so you can quickly relock and shove a missile up their ass after they blow flairs(beam scanning helps a lot here given the tight timeframe before you either stall completely or pass them). One missile won't disable, but mixed with guns it's generally enough to at least disable at worst

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 12:48:
edit:To explain the shooting before the lock on... the game is sometimes out of sync by a second or so. I've run around the corner of a building while under fire several times and after rounding the corner died from bullets hitting me which clearly couldn't have hit me since there is no longer a line of site. So how could they hit me? Because on the other end (the guy firing at me or the server side) I'm still out in the open. Been the same with all the Dice games that I can remember... at least.

And, technically, this is the same with all games today. It's prediction(what Quake called pushlatency). Games have had it built in since QuakeWorld. DICEs engines have never been that efficient when it comes to latency, so it does show up worse than something that has been much more optimized(like a Quake derivative engine such as Source)

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
10. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 27, 2011, 13:27 bhcompy

Riker wrote on Dec 27, 2011, 13:22:
So, those who have played, is it as much of a WoW clone as it has looked to be from the start? Does it evoke any of the amazing kickassity of either of the preceding Knights of the Old Republic games?

I spent admittedly very little time in the closed beta, but it was exactly what I was expecting... WoW in space. Which isn't all horrible, but it's not what I wanted, and not worth my money or time.

It really means nothing if it is a WoW clone. WoW was a DAoC clone. Didn't hurt it any.

News Comments > 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations
14. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 17:33 bhcompy

KilrathiAce wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 16:37:
Actual game is pure junk, dont even get me into simulation discussion, its like they throw free candy at mass of kids and see how many they can catch in a net. Don't get dragged into this net, cause its empty gameplay. So much resources lost and them using all those tanks for bs game like this is just disgrace.

How is it more empty than any other game? It's entertaining, you can use tactics and comms if you want(like any other game), you have varied gameplay, etc. Not sure why you're so butthurt, particularly for something that requires no capital outlay

News Comments > BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack
10. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 09:59 bhcompy

Bucky wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 23:42:
Meh. I've had the pack the whole time, and the only thing I ever used for any length of time was the Type-88, and it was only briefly.

I'd much rather they put out a patch for in-game VoIP. I hate to even say it, but I'd pay to see it done.

In-game voip would be nice, but the good servers generally have TS/Vent/Mumble setup so it doesn't necessarily make a difference

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched
4. Re: World of Tanks Patched Dec 20, 2011, 14:30 bhcompy

Keith wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:45:
I've really been getting my money's worth out of WoT. There are some frustrating aspects, like fellow players who seem to be asleep at the wheel, but overall great fun. Very visceral experience. Plus it's free to play. The first tiem I tried it I was kind of "meh". But after giving it a second chance, I've been hooked.

Very well said.

Also it's nice that the longest game is 15minutes. Long enough to feel satisfying, short enough that you don't need to dedicate a bunch of time or feel burdened by it.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2?
13. Re: Company of Heroes 2? Dec 20, 2011, 14:26 bhcompy

Didn't Relic announce a few months ago that they were working on a non-CoH, non-Warhammer IP?  

News Comments > BF2143 Hinted?
12. Re: BF2143 Hinted? Dec 19, 2011, 10:52 bhcompy

Turglar wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 10:34:
I never was a huge fan of 2142, I wish they'd make another WW2 game with the frostbite 2 engine.

Indeed. The best thing about WW2 as an era for videogames is that there is no goddamned technology to fark things up. No guided shells/missiles, no infrared/thermal vision, no autoshotguns, no LMGs with sniper scopes and silencers(or that you can even fire from the hip), etc. Makes for a funner experience. I'd personally love to replay something like the original MoH with the Frostbite engine

And 2142 had shit for vehicles

News Comments > On MW3 Bans
8. Re: On MW3 Bans Dec 15, 2011, 11:30 bhcompy

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 11:19:
Yes, I know they are using VAC on the PC version but like PB it is very limited and no company yet has come up with a way to do more than slow the hackers down. Some would say there is no way to permanently stop hackers/cheaters because every time VAC/PB makes changes they will just work around them. I tend to agree. So in other words the horse is already out of the barn?

Well, there is a way around it, and one day it will be enforced, and that will be requiring you to use OnLive to play.

News Comments > Back to Karkand Instructions
9. Re: Back to Karkand Instructions Dec 14, 2011, 17:48 bhcompy

CreamyBlood wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 16:05:

I'm looking for a game that's on par with something that set it's own standard almost a decade ago.

Which is why one day I'm going to remake Rogue Spear with modern graphics

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers
24. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Dec 14, 2011, 17:38 bhcompy

Hopefully the random BF3 crash/BSOD problems I've had since installing 11.11c go away with the new drivers  

News Comments > MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B
11. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 11:22 bhcompy

……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-β€˜β€……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..β€œ-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..β€œ~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..β€œ~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….β€œ-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……β€œ;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……β€œ~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
23. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 10, 2011, 21:33 bhcompy

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 21:30:
bhcompy wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 21:24:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 19:46:
Narrow FOV as a gameplay feature is a total fabrication. For most PC gamers it's as essential as vertical sync, turning on/off mouse acceleration/smoothing, and screen resolution.

It's a single player game. Single player games are about controlling the environment and mood of the game. Stop crying.

/also, vsync is essential?

I can't believe people are making an argument out of this. And vsync is absolutely essential if you're getting tearing across the screen.

Are there any sane people left on this site to back me up?

People still have tearing problems? What is this? 2001? Last game I had any tearing problems with was Farcry 1

714 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo