Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 734 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off
5. Re: World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off Feb 23, 2012, 16:07 bhcompy

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 15:50:
This will be just like the World of Tanks a big pay-to-win game. No thanks.

It's not really pay to win. Yea, you can buy higher pen ammo, but the vast vast vast majority of people save that for clan battles, where gold is handed out anyways. There is absolutely no reason to use gold ammo in a random battle.

As far as tank purchases, the tanks are mostly underpowered for their tier. KV5, Lowe, and Type 59 (the most common paid tanks) are all outclassed at their tier by other tanks in performance.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next MGS PC-Bound
15. Re: Next MGS PC-Bound Feb 23, 2012, 14:20 bhcompy

Matshock wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 13:24:
Konami and Capcom are both showing doubts about Sony's future in console gaming.

If I had a teenager I bet they'd rather have an IPAD than a PS Vita too.

Wow, I never thought I'd live to see Sony on the decline but here we are.

I had a Sony no-skip cd player that I used to run with and lost 80 lbs. I loved that cd player. I hope Sony finds something new/cool that I can enjoy again.

Going multiconsole means more money. Has nothing to do with the downfall of Sony. If you want to produce titles like MGS4, which was ridiculously expensive, you need access to the broadest base possible, and that means crossplatform gaming.

That said, MGS4 took up the whole bluray disk. Unless they plan to revive HDDVD for 360, this will need a real download option. A 5 DVD game would be awfully inefficient. Unless, of course, this is for the 720 and the PS4.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off
3. Re: World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off Feb 23, 2012, 11:43 bhcompy

At best you'll get something like Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, at worst like Ace Combat or Battlefield. Don't expect a DCS game.  

News Comments > Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype"
26. Re: Notch on Psychonauts 2 Feb 17, 2012, 15:00 bhcompy

Ruffiana wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 14:01:
Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 12:24:
DeadlyAccurate wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 12:03:
I think Notch's problem is that he's an unintended celebrity, and he doesn't know what that means. He wasn't chasing fame, but it landed in his lap nonetheless, and he has no idea how to handle it. It would behoove him to spend an hour or two talking with a PR person on how he should handle himself publicly.

There's a reason when big celebrities do something boneheaded, that a "representative speaking on behalf of" them makes their public apology/statement/whatever. It's way too easy to mess that kind of thing up.

Exactly. Not to mention half of what he says either makes him look like a tool or an arrogant dick, and I still say the guy is a liar about a great many things. It's like Molyneux. He finally started getting into actionable territory with his BS he was constantly spewing which is why EA assigned him handlers and rightfully so. If you're in a position where the public are going to hear what you're saying on a larger scale than either shut-up or learn how to conduct yourself. I really don't like this guy and I'm far from alone on this.

Who exactly do you like?

I'm betting on Romero

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Today
5. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 11:11 bhcompy

G-Snake wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 11:04:
DICE has shown that they've become one of the worst developers in terms of communication with community, it's become pathetic but not something we should be surprised by.

We were supposed to hear about a new DLC last week, nothing. We were told a real patch would be dropping in February, still nothing or no news. Battlefield 3, as much of a technical marvel that it is, is EASILY the most disappointing game in the series, much much more so than Bad Company games.

I'm sure I'm not alone when saying BF3 will be the last DICE game I've purchased. I'm expecting we'll hear an announcement about Battlefield 2143 and how DICE will be working on Medal of Honor 2 long before we hear anything about the new DLC/new content.

Good job destroying your brand and alienating your community DICE, at least you guys are still efficient at something

I guess the question is when has DICE ever been good at communicating with the community? As far as I know, they never have been.

News Comments > Anno 2070 Content Update
5. Re: Anno 2070 Content Update Feb 13, 2012, 12:53 bhcompy

ASeven wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 09:55:
Oh dear lord, an in-game shop with paid content. Another great PC dev gets corrupted.

For a game you pay for.

Don't care if it's F2P.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 13, 2012, 09:36 bhcompy

Cross platform MGS? Interesting development  

News Comments > Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips
11. Re: Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips Feb 9, 2012, 23:53 bhcompy

DangerDog wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 21:17:
This graphic tweak really helps make the games graphics not look like ass.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3967848172?page=1

The difference between the default muddy/blurry graphics and the sharper effect offered with this mini mod is night and day.

I was never a huge Diablo fan but it seems like they made changes to the way Diablo II was setup just for the sake of trying to be "different". Why piss in the soup and not just serve up the same soup with slightly better looking visuals.

Wait, they're using DX9? Jesus Christ. Is it still 2003?

News Comments > Unity Voxel Deformation Video
1. Re: Unity Voxel Deformation Video Feb 9, 2012, 12:05 bhcompy

Major studio... NovaLogic? No one else uses voxels  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Outed?
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 16:43 bhcompy

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 02:26:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 02:20:
third-person?

third-person

Stab die console scum

Might have more to do with 3rd person being more suitable for lightsaber combat than with consoles, DummyDawg.

Indeed, no one was bitching about console scum in the Jedi Academy days

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Outed?
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 01:08 bhcompy

How about Battlefront with Frostbite 2.0? Shiat, Jedi Academy would be fun with lightsabers plowing down walls  

News Comments > F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups
6. Re: jtw321@gmail.com Feb 6, 2012, 23:18 bhcompy

Parias wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 22:43:
Blackhawk wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 22:35:
I like the idea, and I like the look, but it looks a little too twitchy. It doesn't seem to have the lumbering, walking tank feel, or the careful maneuvering that mech games are known for. It looks almost like Quake with a cockpit.

This is my concern too. It does look neat, but I was hoping for something a bit more... giant robot-ey.

Think Armored Core or Virtua-On. There are precedents.

News Comments > New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer
4. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 12:38 bhcompy

Only 18 years too late  

News Comments > EverQuest Going Free-to-Play
20. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 10:20 bhcompy

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 04:40:
Ledge wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 04:04:
Herzog wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 01:10:
Who can forget the joy of chain ressing at a Nagafen raid.

oh yes the memories.

or getting trained in Velketors. : P

Haha, trains in Karnors Castle were the worst. And with my enchanter I controlled each and everyone, so that I actually hoped for one and told my group everytime to pull one. It was epic. Too bad they changed this game too much.

Rookies. I was training in Castle Mistmoore while you were in diapers.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up
26. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Jan 30, 2012, 16:11 bhcompy

Play on servers with active admins. It's been this way since at least NetQuake. Of course, part of the problem is that EA/DICE don't give you the same administrator and modification options as Quake derived games, but c'est la vie.  

News Comments > Maxis' AAA Game Plans
24. Re: Maxis' AAA Game Plans Jan 30, 2012, 10:17 bhcompy

Rhino wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 09:23:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 03:22:
Simcity with a gamepad. He he. No.

Already done. See SimCity for the Super Nintendo.

And Saturn, Playstation, N64, Jaguar, etc

News Comments > THQ Refocuses - Open Letter
53. Re: THQ Refocuses - Open Letter Jan 25, 2012, 20:39 bhcompy

So does this mean we're going to get Homeworld 3 and a real Rainbow 6 game?  

News Comments > Ads in Titan?
17. Re: Ads in Titan? Jan 24, 2012, 01:19 bhcompy

The Futureweapons billboards in BF2142 didn't bother me at all. EVE has has a similar concept(billboards at stargates), but they front fake ingame products and news. If they're forced interactive ads then I would have a real problem.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 22, 2012, 23:08 bhcompy

killer_roach wrote on Jan 22, 2012, 19:19:
Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2012, 16:33:
Apple and all those companies are proof that we need to eliminate free trade and get back to fair trade - i.e. tariffs. Reading articles like that just makes me angry on so many levels. And the saddest part is when you get these right-wing dingbats chiming in about how the problem is working people actually asking for a living wage and not their corporate masters raking in obscene amounts of profits at the expense of them and the environment. This exactly the sort of shit that makes me see the world as moving to the cold, dark, dystopian future instead of a bright and sunny one. And why is that? Because the pigs who support these companies are more concerned with the latest toy than doing what's right. Well, they're all going to work up broke, hungry, and cold sooner than later.

Unless you're willing to support unlimited immigration of skilled labor, your proposal would condemn the developing world to pretty much perpetual poverty, as there would be no clear path to doing anything other than menial labor and subsistence agriculture. Way to go.

Why is that our problem? Globalization is killing our economy. If you can't take care of yourself, you can't take care of the homeless guy either.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Introduces German Aircraft
4. Re: World of Warplanes Introduces German Aircraft Jan 20, 2012, 12:52 bhcompy

Looking forward to it.. will need to pickup a joystick I guess. My old Sidewinder for Chuck Yeager's Air Combat doesn't work anymore.  

734 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo