Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 728 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > The Boondock Saints Game Official
7. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 12:49 bhcompy

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:03:
Boondock Saints is one "cult" film (though I think it's beyond cult at this point) I've never liked. The gun play seemed weak, and there were too many damn whiteboy characters in it.

It's a mob movie in Boston.. what did you expect?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Boondock Saints Game Official
4. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 10:51 bhcompy

Rossafur wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:38:
Troy Duffy's *still* trying to milk that for all it's worth, I see... He was on Adam Carolla's podcast awhile back, trying to clear his name for coming across as an egomaniacal douche in the "Overnight" documentary, and well... didn't really work as intended. Non-stop references to the success of The Boondock Saints, though.

I don't particularly care that Duffy is an egomaniac, though. Realistically, it's just that he's so awful at hiding the fact that he's an egomaniac when you consider most Hollywood personalities, and it's probably because Duffy was an outsider to begin with.

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
14. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 10:49 bhcompy

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:24:
don't like jumping on the hate wagon but crytek really are just boring aren't they, so very dull and boring... they really think they have something special but they don't at all...

The only thing that has really been impressive are their engines

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
20. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 14:22 bhcompy

space captain wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 12:34:
i remember playing tribes without 3d acceleration.. it was well over 10 years ago

I remember it being one of the few games with Glide support. Ah, Glide, I loved you so.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 10:01 bhcompy

No disc drive? Feel bad for all those people with bandwidth limits. Want to download MGS4? Sorry, there's 50 gigs of your monthly cap right there  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Patriots Shakeup
10. Re: Rainbow Six Patriots Shakeup Mar 8, 2012, 11:39 bhcompy

jdwohlever wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 11:25:
This is BAD news. I read the ex-devs comments on his vision for the game.
He was wanting to being back the older R6 franchise.
You know, all the stuff that made Rainbow Six awesome before the dumned the game down into oblivion?
I bet that the R6 that will come out now while just be another run/gun/hop MW3 clone crap.
WTF you idiots!
You HAD a team who was going to do R6 justice, but all you can see is $ is in your head.
Asshats!

This is what I was suspecting the reason was

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 2, 2012, 11:51 bhcompy

Ready At Dawn makes some good shit. Perhaps they're going to do more God of War(one can only hope)  

News Comments > Hawken Website and Trailer
1. Re: Hawken Website and Trailer Mar 1, 2012, 21:51 bhcompy

Looks suitably bitchin  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Alpha Soars
3. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 11:33 bhcompy

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 11:22:
A pay-to-win game to avoid. This and the WOT games would be ok, if it did not cost a fortune to be competitive.

Hyperbole much?

Pay for double exp, or just take longer to grind. Premium tanks are not great and gold ammo is rarely used in public games.

News Comments > Hawken Gets $10M in Funding
25. Re: Hawken Gets $10M in Funding Feb 28, 2012, 01:40 bhcompy

Jerykk wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 01:37:

I'm not a big fan of the F2P business model, as it has a direct impact on a game's design (namely unlockables and microtransactions). However, I can understand why devs are drawn to it.

I'm not so sure that they're drawn to it as they see the same bonuses compared to negatives as you. It's almost required for an independent multiplayer game, particularly if you have some type of persistent universe that requires some type of infrastructural investment on the dev end. It's not the model for something like Stalker or Mount & Blade, assuredly.

8. Re: Hawken Gets $10M in Funding Feb 27, 2012, 15:32 bhcompy

Prez wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 14:50:
Unless something has changed, Guild Wars 2 will be F2P in the sense that there's no monthly fee. They really were the first major MMO to do that, weren't they?

Well, if you consider it as such. Persistent world, but not EverQuest by any means

1. Re: Hawken Gets $10M in Funding Feb 27, 2012, 11:11 bhcompy

While I'm not completely happy about this game going F2P, if that means it will have more people to kill and the F2P mechanics are acceptable(like LoL or WoT), I'm okay with that. Obviously this means the mechs will be moddable to promote some type of progression(and paid for mods), like tanks in WoT and mechs in MW and Armored Core, which is nice since we'll get customizability.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter Details
1. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Details Feb 27, 2012, 11:06 bhcompy

"This time around it sounds like there will be slightly more player choice offered during missions, with one example described by OXM having players choose how to breach a building (kick down the door, C4, flashbang etc)."

Wow, how 1998 of you(hint: Rainbow 6). Fucking FPS games are so goddamned awful these days

News Comments > BF3 Patch Notes
6. Re: BF3 Patch Notes Feb 24, 2012, 09:27 bhcompy

RoverRoverRover wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 02:07:
In a lot of cases, these changes are subtle and I wasn't feeling like my gameplay experience was broken from it.

There are much more glaring issues that I'd like to see fixed. Some are probably major enhancements and too late to fix. DICE, please make these requirements for your future games, because they really diminish the enjoyment for me and my friends!

(XBOX specific?) When friends form a matchmaking group in the main menu:
  • don't let quickmatch put them on separate teams
  • give them a server filter so they can find servers where they will be on the same team
  • don't disband the matchmaking group when they quit a server

• For people that actually care about stats and unlocks, and who make in-game choices based on it:
  • give us a way to check all of our soldier, weapon and vehicle stats while playing the game
  • IMHO, bf:bc2 had better presentation of overall unlock progress through all the guns and gadgets

• Better team balancing!
  • often one team has 2+ fewer people than the other for most of the game. Big disadvantage when < 12 ppl per team.
  • often find one team's players has higher ranks than the other, and consistently wins (no surprise)

• Between games, allow leaving the server at any time, for two reasons:
  • players quit before the game is over so that they aren't forced to wait a whole minute for the next quitting opportunity
  • players that quit as soon as the next game starts could have been replaced more quickly with players that want to join the server

• Better view of the entire level map (both when alive and when spawning)
  • hard to tell when there are unused vehicles elsewhere on the level

• Spawning interface:
  • When a selected squad mate or location becomes unavailable for spawning, don't automatically switch the selection. I hate hitting the button and finding myself somewhere random because it automatically switched the selection moments before.

• Random stuff that bothers me:
  • standing on a flying MAV is way unrealistic and seems like glitching. I'd rather it wasn't possible.
  • spawning people on top of a plane, instead of in the plane
  • same exact animation *every* time you die. How about just dying and staying still?

• You can quit at any time - Alt+F4. Much faster than going through the menus, too.

As far as dying and staying still, tangentially, I've always hoped they'd make it so you can't be revived if you died from a headshot.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off
    5. Re: World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off Feb 23, 2012, 16:07 bhcompy

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 15:50:
    This will be just like the World of Tanks a big pay-to-win game. No thanks.

It's not really pay to win. Yea, you can buy higher pen ammo, but the vast vast vast majority of people save that for clan battles, where gold is handed out anyways. There is absolutely no reason to use gold ammo in a random battle.

As far as tank purchases, the tanks are mostly underpowered for their tier. KV5, Lowe, and Type 59 (the most common paid tanks) are all outclassed at their tier by other tanks in performance.

News Comments > Next MGS PC-Bound
    15. Re: Next MGS PC-Bound Feb 23, 2012, 14:20 bhcompy

Matshock wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 13:24:
    Konami and Capcom are both showing doubts about Sony's future in console gaming.

If I had a teenager I bet they'd rather have an IPAD than a PS Vita too.

Wow, I never thought I'd live to see Sony on the decline but here we are.

I had a Sony no-skip cd player that I used to run with and lost 80 lbs. I loved that cd player. I hope Sony finds something new/cool that I can enjoy again.

Going multiconsole means more money. Has nothing to do with the downfall of Sony. If you want to produce titles like MGS4, which was ridiculously expensive, you need access to the broadest base possible, and that means crossplatform gaming.

That said, MGS4 took up the whole bluray disk. Unless they plan to revive HDDVD for 360, this will need a real download option. A 5 DVD game would be awfully inefficient. Unless, of course, this is for the 720 and the PS4.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off
    3. Re: World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off Feb 23, 2012, 11:43 bhcompy

At best you'll get something like Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, at worst like Ace Combat or Battlefield. Don't expect a DCS game.  

News Comments > Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype"
    26. Re: Notch on Psychonauts 2 Feb 17, 2012, 15:00 bhcompy

Ruffiana wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 14:01:
    Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 12:24:
    DeadlyAccurate wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 12:03:
    I think Notch's problem is that he's an unintended celebrity, and he doesn't know what that means. He wasn't chasing fame, but it landed in his lap nonetheless, and he has no idea how to handle it. It would behoove him to spend an hour or two talking with a PR person on how he should handle himself publicly.

There's a reason when big celebrities do something boneheaded, that a "representative speaking on behalf of" them makes their public apology/statement/whatever. It's way too easy to mess that kind of thing up.

Exactly. Not to mention half of what he says either makes him look like a tool or an arrogant dick, and I still say the guy is a liar about a great many things. It's like Molyneux. He finally started getting into actionable territory with his BS he was constantly spewing which is why EA assigned him handlers and rightfully so. If you're in a position where the public are going to hear what you're saying on a larger scale than either shut-up or learn how to conduct yourself. I really don't like this guy and I'm far from alone on this.

Who exactly do you like?

I'm betting on Romero

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Today
    5. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 11:11 bhcompy

G-Snake wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 11:04:
    DICE has shown that they've become one of the worst developers in terms of communication with community, it's become pathetic but not something we should be surprised by.

We were supposed to hear about a new DLC last week, nothing. We were told a real patch would be dropping in February, still nothing or no news. Battlefield 3, as much of a technical marvel that it is, is EASILY the most disappointing game in the series, much much more so than Bad Company games.

I'm sure I'm not alone when saying BF3 will be the last DICE game I've purchased. I'm expecting we'll hear an announcement about Battlefield 2143 and how DICE will be working on Medal of Honor 2 long before we hear anything about the new DLC/new content.

Good job destroying your brand and alienating your community DICE, at least you guys are still efficient at something

I guess the question is when has DICE ever been good at communicating with the community? As far as I know, they never have been.

News Comments > Anno 2070 Content Update
    5. Re: Anno 2070 Content Update Feb 13, 2012, 12:53 bhcompy

ASeven wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 09:55:
    Oh dear lord, an in-game shop with paid content. Another great PC dev gets corrupted.

For a game you pay for.

Don't care if it's F2P.

728 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 13.
    < Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo