Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 800 (Graduate)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
41. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 14:37 bhcompy

Task wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 08:56:
I remember once upon a time being able to kick/ban people from a hosted dedicated server; was much easier. The cheater might move to another server, but they wouldn't be on mine.

rcon addip 0 x.x.x.x
writeip

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
26. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 14:05 bhcompy

jomisab wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:01:
bhcompy wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:27:
EricFate wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:23:
Who would be the target audience for this? I appreciate that they want to keep the IP alive, but the game was absolute garbage on every level. No amount of hype could possibly get them the kind of return necessary to cover the development cost of a sequel.

Eh, they don't need to rework an engine, which is a huge part of the work. The game was good, it was a moderate success, and it has room to improve. I don't see the problem. Consider Assassins Creed received the same type of reception and where it's gone since then.

And yet look at AC:Unity, which still runs like garbage compared to something like GTA V. The best engine Ubi has is Dunia. We'll see how the Snowdrop engine turns out...hopefully it won't turn into Teardrop.

Meh, I don't play platformers on PC, so it doesn't really bother me

21. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 13:27 bhcompy

EricFate wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:23:
Who would be the target audience for this? I appreciate that they want to keep the IP alive, but the game was absolute garbage on every level. No amount of hype could possibly get them the kind of return necessary to cover the development cost of a sequel.

Eh, they don't need to rework an engine, which is a huge part of the work. The game was good, it was a moderate success, and it has room to improve. I don't see the problem. Consider Assassins Creed received the same type of reception and where it's gone since then.

14. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 11:41 bhcompy

ItBurn wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 10:54:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 10:45:
I can't imagine anyone would want this. The first game was fucking horrible all around. It's why it's selling for $3 on all the key websites.

You're completely mad. Awesome game overall.

Agreed. I liked the game. There is room for improvement, but what game doesn't have room for improvement?

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
42. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 17:06 bhcompy

jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 13:53:
I'm of two minds here, honestly. On the one hand, this could result in better mods. Better talent might jump into modding if they got paid, like this guy. On the other, it could fracture the mod community (free vs. paid) and tarnish the mod "brand" if people charge for crappy mods.

Good modders end up getting paid. The people behind Team Fortress, CounterStrike, Urban Terror, Action Quake 2, etc were hired and/or acquired by development firms.

News Comments > More on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
11. Re: More on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Apr 10, 2015, 13:38 bhcompy

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 10:03:
Number one game among fratbro date-rapists and cops.

Well, after playing GTA Online, I'm not sure it's any different in playerbase quality, except GTA Online is like South Central 1993.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 17:49 bhcompy

Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 16:32:
siapnar wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 15:34:
Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 12:50:
1080p @ 144fps for me.

You can't pay me to play 60fps locked games if they are fps/tps nowadays.
Most first-world comment I've ever read

We're talking computer gaming here, everything and everyone involved is "first-world". If my comment about not playing 60hz locked games seems overkill to you, perhaps you didn't realize you're commenting in a thread discussing how to have enough bling to pull off 4k...

I grew up on CRT's and haven't been able to "go back" to them until 120hz+ LCDs came about a few years ago. If anything, I'm back to my standard requirement I shelved 15 years ago.

Shrug. I notice no need for it. I'd rather have a 16:10 resolution than 120hz.

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 13:27 bhcompy

LittleMe wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 12:32:
bhcompy wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 12:11:
LittleMe wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:27:
This statement doesn't clarify much, without comprehensive performance benchmarks. Do they mean low graphic settings with a 660 for 1080@60 fps? The 660 is a slow card! Are low graphic settings comparable to PS4's graphics or less?

How come their 4K@30 fps to 60 fps hardware suggestion jumps so dramatically? SLI 980's are far faster than a GTX 760.

4k is a massive jump in resolution?

It's the same resolution. Try reading what I said again. The only thing that changed is 30fps to 60fps. My first paragraph mentioned 1080p so that's where you mixed up the two paragraphs in your mental blender.

Fair enough, perhaps they're also adjusting the settings on AA, AF, texture quality, etc.

14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 12:11 bhcompy

LittleMe wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:27:
This statement doesn't clarify much, without comprehensive performance benchmarks. Do they mean low graphic settings with a 660 for 1080@60 fps? The 660 is a slow card! Are low graphic settings comparable to PS4's graphics or less?

How come their 4K@30 fps to 60 fps hardware suggestion jumps so dramatically? SLI 980's are far faster than a GTX 760.

4k is a massive jump in resolution?

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 10:24 bhcompy

Sounds about right. People were bitching in yesterdays thread about the recommended specs being too low, as if the recommended specs would be for 4k gaming. Some people..  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
45. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 02:23 bhcompy

jimnms wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 02:15:
nin wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 01:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 01:22:
Driving and shooting was easy with a M&K in GTA4, why would it be any more difficult in 5?

One of the cool things they added/changed going from last gen to current gen consoles (and I'd be shocked if the pc didn't have it as well) is, instead of a single button press to aim/shoot (IE the gun begins firing the moment the button is pressed, even if you're not on target yet), now you can have one button press to aim, and then another to shoot. Or, you can also change it back to the traditional method it was before.

There's lot of cool options like that, also how you can specify what you want the default camera to be in car, or on foot. They seem to have embraced the idea that people play the game differently, and try to support as many options as they can.

The aim and shoot in GRA IV PC are different buttons, did they change it to one button for GTA V in the old gen consoles?

Default is one button, option for 2. If I recall, GTA4 had single button for PS3, but it was pressure sensitive(a soft press aimed, a hard press shot).

38. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 00:01 bhcompy

walrus1 wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 22:56:
bhcompy wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 22:32:
walrus1 wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:55:
Task wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:38:
Jesus they really need to start packing these on blurays (for PCs).
Yeah cuase we all have bluray roms.

And we all had DVD players when they started selling games on DVD, right? And we all had CDROMs when they started selling games on CD, right? And we all had 3.5" floppy drives when they started selling games on 3.5" floppy drives, right? They can do both. It just makes sense to migrate to Bluray over time for physical media.

While correct it misses the point. All the above we embraced as a universal format fairly quickly. Bluray shows no sign of this at all.

Bluray is the defacto format for current generation consoles and standard for high capacity disc based PC storage. It's been adopted as a universal format.

28. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 22:32 bhcompy

walrus1 wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:55:
Task wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:38:
Jesus they really need to start packing these on blurays (for PCs).
Yeah cuase we all have bluray roms.

And we all had DVD players when they started selling games on DVD, right? And we all had CDROMs when they started selling games on CD, right? And we all had 3.5" floppy drives when they started selling games on 3.5" floppy drives, right? They can do both. It just makes sense to migrate to Bluray over time for physical media.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
19. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 18:09 bhcompy

SlimRam wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 17:07:
Like it or not, I think that network only (no console) gaming is going to happen. I think all there will be in the future is cloud based gaming...and taking a small pill that transmits your neural responses wirelessly to .... THE CLOUD! Of course once my brain waves are transmitted to the cloud...the police will probably be showing up very soon afterwards

You're a few generations early. PS9 is the first one with mind spores.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
12. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 13:32 bhcompy

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 13:12:
So the PS5 will just be a box that streams games from a central server?

Eh, more for demos and the ability to stream your PS5 elsewhere, just like you can with your PS4 and Vita

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 12:52 bhcompy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:34:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:22:
My guess is that this video isn't showing max settings but rather highlighting 60 FPS.
Of course it's showing the highest setting, it's a promotional video. The reality is that it's a one-and-a-half year old console game that's been ported to PC. It was never a good looking game and Rockstar really doesn't give a shit about PC gamers.

It's also on an updated GTA4 engine.

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 11:08:
I'd love to know what sort of a hardware you'd need to get the kind of details shown in the trailer running at 1080p-60fps.
I doubt my GTX760 will cut it.

On one side, it's the GTA4 engine, so it's not pushing any limits that weren't already pushed.

Secondly, though, and probably more importantly, Rockstar has historically done a very poor job of PC engine optimization, requiring much higher specs than expected to make up for the deficiencies in the engine.

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
3. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 15:52 bhcompy

DangerDog wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 15:50:
No market for the Xbox One in Russia?

Biggest international games in Russia: World of Tanks, Eve Online.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
27. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 11:06 bhcompy

Err, this is not some new DRM method. Spore had this nearly a decade ago.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 23, 2015, 03:09 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 23:54:
There are better, less costly, and more efficient alternatives to prison.

And a fire and forget lifetime tracking system ain't it

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 22, 2015, 20:46 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 17:35:
Leave it to Ars to defend a repeat child molester.

Eh, if the crime warrants life, stick them in prison for life. Regardless of what the crime is, you do the crime and you pay the time, and that time most conform with the Eighth Amendment. The idea behind most of our civil rights and protections are that the protections for the bad are a requirement for the good to be protected. Just like with free speech, free assembly, protection from unwarranted search and seizure, etc.

800 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo