Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 709 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 16:33 bhcompy

Feel kind of bad for Dust 514 with as good as this is looking, but I'm sure they're happy they're staying in the console ecosystem for now. Considering all the rumors of Sony buying out CCP because of Dust 514, this probably puts that to rest, because this game is obviously going to be successful.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
11. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:25 bhcompy

I'm conflicted. I like MechWarrior, but Hawken looks like the mech game to play.  

News Comments > Neversoft Supporting CoD
12. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 18:57 bhcompy

So, basically, what BF2142 was to the BF series, except since they put console first, it will just be Halo with different guns  

News Comments > Dota 2 F2P & Store Details
16. Re: Dota 2 F2P & Store Details Jun 1, 2012, 15:19 bhcompy

Beelzebud wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 14:21:
bhcompy wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 00:58:
Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress)

That's got to be the dumbest criticism I've seen about a game company. TF2 and CS have been worked on by Valve longer than they were mods, and the people who created those were all given really nice jobs. The horror...

They're acquired properties. Rockstar doesn't claim they created the GTA franchise, they accurately attributed creation to the people that made it(Rockstar North, formerly DMA) in their GTA5 press release. What you're saying is like Valve claiming they created Action Quake 2 because Gooseman worked for Valve

9. Re: Dota 2 F2P & Store Details Jun 1, 2012, 09:40 bhcompy

Jerykk wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 03:13:
It's much closer to the original DotA than LoL. You can kill your own creeps, terrain elevation affects visibility, you can destroy trees to create new paths through the jungle, etc. LoL is more casual.

LoL also doesn't charge real money for items(according to the article summary, thats it sounds like they're doing), has tighter character templates, has less item variability(there are many more items in DOTA2 as far as I can tell, but this isn't necessarily a good thing or a bad thing), and is graphically more accessible(though the recent update visually darkens the mood a bit like DOTA2)

4. Re: Dota 2 F2P & Store Details Jun 1, 2012, 00:58 bhcompy

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress)  

News Comments > Star Wars Game Announcement This Week
34. Re: Star Wars Game Announcement This Week May 29, 2012, 09:14 bhcompy

Probably Star Wars: Minecraft  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 24, 2012, 13:19 bhcompy

Clan Megadeath is hosting an overclocking event?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse May 24, 2012, 09:21 bhcompy

Tanto Edge wrote on May 24, 2012, 02:08:
y'know, it'd make sense if they integrated silverlight as well.
What? Somebody gonna file antitrust?

Considering that the Metro framework IS Silverlight, I don't think it will be a problem.

What this is is a way for the Metro side of W8, which the browser doesn't support plugins, to have some type of competitive edge

News Comments > 38 Studios in Financial Trouble?
31. Re: 38 Studios in Financial Trouble? May 15, 2012, 10:57 bhcompy

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on May 14, 2012, 22:27:
Actually, I never even made it that far to find out all that stuff. As far as I was concerned the story just seemed extremely generic and failed to hook me at all. Which I found really dissappointing because I really like RA Salvatores stuff.

What is this I don't even

Salvatore is extremely generic by trade. The only person worse than Salvatore is Kevin J Anderson.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Trailer
6. Re: World of Warplanes Trailer May 8, 2012, 15:31 bhcompy

Ozmodan wrote on May 8, 2012, 14:25:
Heavy fighters, light fighters? Doh this is NOT the world of tanks, it is planes lol. A good pilot in a light fighter will own a heavy. Manuverability is tantamount in a plane fight.

You can see these guys are clueless when it comes to planes. I will pass on this pay-to-win game.

Maybe you didn't watch the whole video or play the alpha? There is a reason for heavier planes.

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched
7. Re: World of Tanks Patched May 8, 2012, 15:28 bhcompy

Turglar wrote on May 8, 2012, 14:06:
It's pathetic they still only have one shitty gamemode. I really doubt they are gonna add more at this point.

They have stated other game modes are slated for release this year.

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
59. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 10:22 bhcompy

Theo wrote on May 8, 2012, 09:58:
bhcompy wrote on May 8, 2012, 09:25:
Beelzebud wrote on May 7, 2012, 21:14:
I just want to see an MMO that does not use the Wow FormulaDark Age of Camelot formula. Design your own combat systems. Design your own skill systems. Stop making every MMO exactly the same game with a different skin on it.

Say what you will about Asheron's Call and Everquest, but at least in that era there was a clear distinction between the games.

Fixed. I hate revisionist history.

Yher cause is DAOC totally the originator here, "revisionist", how about disscussing the games that really did provide wows fingerprint?

WoW is very much a polished and dumbed down DAoC, particularly the combat system and battleground system. At that point in time, DAoC was really on its own as a game, as it was completely different than other offerings like Anarchy Online, EQ, etc(who were all unique in their own right).

This comment was edited on May 8, 2012, 10:33.

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched
1. Re: World of Tanks Patched May 8, 2012, 10:16 bhcompy

Translated into European? What.. do they spell color "colour"?

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
55. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 09:25 bhcompy

Beelzebud wrote on May 7, 2012, 21:14:
I just want to see an MMO that does not use the Wow FormulaDark Age of Camelot formula. Design your own combat systems. Design your own skill systems. Stop making every MMO exactly the same game with a different skin on it.

Say what you will about Asheron's Call and Everquest, but at least in that era there was a clear distinction between the games.

Fixed. I hate revisionist history.

News Comments > Ridge Racer Unbounded Demo
7. Re: Ridge Racer Unbounded Demo May 4, 2012, 14:01 bhcompy

Elf Shot The Food wrote on May 4, 2012, 12:47:
It plays like an odd combination of Split Second and Burnout Revenge, but isn't as good as either one. While the game's certainly not bad, I'd wait for a sale.

Made by BugBear, who made FlatOut(which, imho, is better than Burnout)

News Comments > Nexon Bids on EA: Report
26. Re: Nexon Bids on EA: Report Apr 27, 2012, 10:29 bhcompy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 08:49:
I'd love to see EA bought out by just about anyone, as it would be very difficult for them to become any shittier without haemorrhaging the majority of their customer base (which I would also consider a 'win').

My ultimate fantasy? Valve buys out EA. They've got the money. They've got the clout. They've got the vision.

It makes no sense for them to buy EA. They can't manage a company with the scope and size of EA without completely changing how they do business. Now, buying Maxis and Westwood IPs would be very nice. Buying DICE and adding the Valve polish and QA to the raw, but great, games DICE generally puts out would also be very nice.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 26, 2012, 12:46 bhcompy

“It comes down to choice,” Xbox Live’s UK product manager Pav Bhardwaj told MCV.

“The customer has the choice of going to retail on day one if they really want to buy a particular title, or to wait a couple of months and buy it full price from the Xbox Live marketplace.

Err, it comes down to not pissing off your retail partners, really. Sony doesn't particularly care about this, and they'll benefit from it more

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Specs
37. Re: Max Payne 3 Specs Apr 24, 2012, 10:46 bhcompy

MattyC wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 00:09:
Am I the only one that thinks the CPU req is somewhat high end compared to the 2006-2007 era video card and RAM reqs?

Probably single threaded.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 21, 2012, 18:50 bhcompy

Ant wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 14:38:
bhcompy wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 13:59:
m0deth wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 11:33:
Lol, AMD pissing on Linux users again eh? They finally manage to get drivers that aren't either incompetently built, jokingly poor, or nearly impossible to get installed.

Then they get what 2 years worth of decent drivers out and it's time to drop 4870 support from catalyst? Perhaps they forgot many folks use Linux to get more life out of older hardware, and many will now look to their competitor as a solution. Not like they have been all that much better.

The funny part in the article is the assumption that Windows machines will be treated the same way, Phoronix never ceases to amaze, as highly technical as they are, they always sound like 12 year old fanboys.

It's called keeping with the times. You can get a 5 series+ for under $100.
Sure for desktops, but not lappies.

I don't expect them to keep releasing drivers for my Radeon 9800pro Mobility, either.

709 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo