Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 717 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt
38. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 7, 2012, 18:10 bhcompy

Dev wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 14:25:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 14:07:
Also, now that they're dead, I wonder if they'll release the source and let the modding community clean it up.
Read above, they answered that question.

Also, have you ever known that to happen? A failed studio releasing source? All the source releasing stuff I can think of were from studios that still existed, such as id releasing source for older games.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines/Troika Games.. been community supported basically for 7 years

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
40. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 4, 2012, 10:11 bhcompy

But who will JeffK make fun of now?  

News Comments > Non-Gaming Apps on Steam
6. Re: Non-Gaming Apps on Steam Oct 2, 2012, 17:25 bhcompy

coldcut wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 16:59:
Panickd wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 15:53:
lol. GameMaker: Studio has Steam Achievements! WTF?
That's not so uncommon for developer apps There are achievement plugins / extensions for Visual Studio and Eclipse (that I know of). We developers want to have some fun during coding too

Achievement Unlocked:
You've voided main() 5000 times!

News Comments > Non-Gaming Apps on Steam
4. Re: Non-Gaming Apps on Steam Oct 2, 2012, 16:48 bhcompy

Apps are for mobile devices. Progs are for computers.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 DRM Details, Specs
9. Re: Far Cry 3 DRM Details, Specs Sep 25, 2012, 14:46 bhcompy

Is this game seriously threaded or something? In general, game performance seems to be better with Phenoms rather than Bulldozers because of better single core performance, which makes their high performance suggestion kind of odd  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
17. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 21:52 bhcompy

TurdFergasun wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 18:56:
this is shaping up to be a cross between dow2 and coh, aka coh: tales of failure - online only coop edition . i hope relic has enjoyed ruining their last franchise that was worth a damn.

Homeworld is still very much worth a damn. Maybe two

News Comments > On PlanetSide 2's Business Model
8. Re: On PlanetSide 2's Business Model Sep 22, 2012, 00:23 bhcompy

RailWizard wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 21:13:
lol this whole 'f2p' thing is becoming painful to watch. It's like they figured out they can make MORE than the regular price of a game ($50-$60) and watching them trip over their own tongues to justify it just hurts.

Sell your fucking game for $20 if you really want to attract people, or just charge a regular price and take the risk(the risk that your game is actually worth playing and paying for...). OR JUST FUCK OFF ALREADY!

F2P has become the deception to the MMOification of the gaming world.

If a company is hosting the servers because of persistence, monetary input is required. The constant kind.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 9, 2012, 21:42 bhcompy

It's completely unobtrusive. BFD  

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
20. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 22:12 bhcompy

Interesting looking game.. I'm still holding out for Dante's Inferno 2  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
24. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 7, 2012, 17:29 bhcompy

Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 12:35:
Prez wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 11:13:
I don't find the price performance ratio that different at all, in fact I see better price performance with Intel right now. I'll have to drum up some links where they make plot graphs showing this. AMD is all well below right now.

I'd actually like to see such comparisons - it would give me a reason to try Intel cpu's. If the bang for the buck is indeed on Intel's side, it's news to me and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

The i2500K, because of its absurd overclocking abilities, currently just destroys any other processor on the planet, AMD and Intel alike, if you're talking about bang for the buck. I'm pretty sure that basically any processor comparison article will tell you so.

Creston

One of the bigger "hidden" costs that is overlooked occasionally is the price of Intel chipset mobos. You can get AM3+ mobos from Asus and such with USB3/FW2/SATA3 that are SLI/Crossfire ready(that is 2 or more higher bandwidth PCIe slots) for under $100. It's a bit harder to find similarly apportioned boards of similar quality for Intel chipsets at that price(plus there's the whole myriad of chipsets you have to deal with, but that's another story.. upgrade paths aren't necessarily included in cost equations).

avianflu wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 14:21:
the underlying issue is that the intel 4000 GPU encroaches upon dedicated GPU's for the first time for real in 20 years. Manufacturers are happy with the simplicity of an integrated GPU on laptops. And desktop sales contune downward. Not a great time for either nvidia or AMD.

Obviously the 4000 will never, ever, touch what a $200 GPU can do but the functionality of the 4000 is power conservative and cheap to manufacture and it handles all directx TandL calls, etc.

Do AMD APUs not exist in your world?

News Comments > G4 Makeover Coming?
2. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Sep 7, 2012, 10:03 bhcompy

Yea, GQ is the way to go. There are a bunch of totally GQ gamers out there. And the COPS/Ninja Warrior reruns are totally for the GQ crowd.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 7, 2012, 02:21 bhcompy

If you're building a virtualization server AMD is the way to go. Better performance per core, cheaper per core(real, physical, non-virtual cores), etc. The only problem is dealing with old-hat IT who hear anything but Intel and shiat a brick(be it AMD, Cyrix, or something else)  

News Comments > Hawken Oculus Rift Support
7. Re: Hawken Oculus Rift Support Aug 27, 2012, 18:38 bhcompy

DangerDog wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 17:42:
Steazy wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 16:32:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 16:01:
The free-2-play model is just such bullshit, all these developers give lip service to the games not being pay-2-win but in the end it's either grind, grind, grind or pay up!

Yea it really sucks how developers all want to make a living wage and shit, fuck those guys! Make me some games bitch! I don't care if you could make ten times as much money with your skill set doing something else! LIVE IN POVERTY LIKE A MAN!

No, but the sooner this "free-2-play" scheme comes to an end the better off we'll be, I'm still a fan of pay once and play whenever you want.

So would I, but I also like my developers to continually develop the product, which the continual revenue stream allows without the restriction of being solely subscription based. League of Legends and World of Tanks both have decent and fair(particularly LoL) free to play models, and I enjoy playing them and occasionally paying for something from them, and both are under constant development, so situations like with most modern one time fee PC games where bugs stay forever and no new maps, modes, weapons, etc ever release because the developer moves on to make a different game to go in to debt to make a product and hope to recoup costs on purchase price alone don't occur.

News Comments > Project Copernicus Footage; Details
14. Re: Project Copernicus Footage; Details Aug 23, 2012, 12:10 bhcompy

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 04:15:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 23:30:
That's a huge problem for most games now days, they spend so much time on architecture and graphics. Then when the game releases quests and the AI are beta at best.

It's bullshit and players get screwed.

AI and quests don't really have anything to do with art. Different people working on different things at the same time. Granted, if less of the budget was spent on art, you could hire more/better AI programmers, designers and writers. However, if you're making an MMO, you really have to create an immersive world that players can spend hours in and that requires a fair amount of visual polish.

Non art items are impacted by art, in a way. CCP had to repurpose the majority of their art team to EVE because it would take forever for good changes to come in to the game because the work was done but the artwork wasn't. Redesigned the graphics engine to allow for advanced shaders, higher poly models, and visible weapon turrets? Cool. All the work is done, but we have no artwork, and we can only do one or two ships per expansion... and there are hundreds of ships. And we're not even talking about the thousands of other ingame assets that need to be updated. Nice.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
37. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 21:14 bhcompy

PropheT wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:35:
Because CS:S has a load of problems that were never and would never be fixed...which was exactly why the population was segmented in the first place, since people wouldn't migrate to Source when 1.6 played better.

Fairly subjective statement considering CS:S was the best release of CS since 5.2

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
16. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 15:02 bhcompy

RailWizard wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:36:
Well after complaining on the official forums and being banned....I have to say... STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS GAME!

Really, you will be hard pressed to find another more buggy PIECE OF SHIT than Dayz.

Eurotrash like to think they are AAA+++ but reality says otherwise.

An alpha build is a buggy piece of shit? Wow, color me surprised.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 02:55 bhcompy

ASeven wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:10:
With the rumored 6770 cards and the CPUs I don't think they could handle the ArmA engine at all.

A 6770 works fine with the ARMA2 engine.

The problem is just like STALKER. You have to gut the game to make it a console game because of the gameplay.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Core Pool Launches Today
6. Re: Heroes of Newerth Core Pool Launches Today Aug 17, 2012, 18:30 bhcompy

As much as I like the genre, sadly, this is a representation of most of the people that play it.  

News Comments > Dishonored PC Specs
9. Re: Dishonored PC Specs Aug 14, 2012, 15:50 bhcompy

wtf_man wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 15:24:
Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 11:15:
Optimized for 64 bit and multi-core?! Am I dreaming?

Ayup, you are. No DX11.

Came to say this. Ridiculous that they require Vista+, optimize for 64bit and multicore, and then go the DX9 route.

News Comments > Epic Forms Impossible Studios from Big Huge Ashes
2. Re: Epic Forms Impossible Studios from Big Huge Ashes Aug 9, 2012, 17:37 bhcompy

iOS games.. poor fucking bastards  

717 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo