Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 734 (Apprentice)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 28, 2013, 13:15 bhcompy

Are the PS4 and Xbox One really that expensive, historically?

No. My 3DO was $700 at launch. Next question

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Two More Atari Properties Sold
3. Re: Two More Atari Properties Sold Jun 24, 2013, 22:32 bhcompy

Desperados? Pfft. Where's Sunset Riders?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2013, 11:24 bhcompy

if recent history serves, barely a mention of the PC platform.

Regardless of if they get mentioned, PC games are always present. And, hell, they don't even get stuck in the Kentia Hall.

News Comments > World of Tanks Boasts 60M Accounts
6. Re: World of Tanks Boasts 60M Accounts Jun 8, 2013, 00:33 bhcompy

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 15:14:
Having been looking at this title for a while now but not doing much research, is the grind really that bad? Being an MMO, I would expect there to be some form of grind to unlock more tanks and upgrades or modifications but does it take that much away from the game itself?

The grind is manageable, but once you reach tier 7, it becomes tough, even with a premium subscription and premium tanks(which have increased in-game credit generation, but are generally weaker than maxed out tanks in the same tier). It's extraordinarily difficult to get above tier 8 without a premium account

News Comments > EVE Online: Odyssey Launches
3. Re: EVE Online: Odyssey Launches Jun 4, 2013, 22:29 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 21:10:
Why do almost all their "expansions" sound like nothing but glorified patches and general maintenance that you expect for your monthly fee in the first place?

Most expansions add a swath of new features/ships/star systems or completely redesign existing functionality that is outdated or poorly designed. Basically, the same thing you get with any expansion, yet for free.

News Comments > Wargaming's Open Source Support
3. Re: Wargaming's Open Source Support May 23, 2013, 12:34 bhcompy

InBlack wrote on May 23, 2013, 08:50:
World of Warplanes (beta) sucks. Major fail in the works there. WoT is decent but the greed of the developers prevents that game to truly shine. WoB isnt even in alpha as far as I know.

I don't know about greed. Other than premium tanks(which are generally average for tier, but increase credit generation), everything is now purchasable with ingame credits, no cash required. The worst thing about the game is the grind, not the greed.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse May 18, 2013, 14:26 bhcompy

nin wrote on May 17, 2013, 22:39:
bhcompy wrote on May 17, 2013, 19:23:
nin wrote on May 17, 2013, 09:18:
Panickd wrote on May 17, 2013, 09:16:
Prez wrote on May 16, 2013, 22:01:
TBS, TNT to Stream Live TV
...If You're an Existing Cable TV Subcriber

Wall

And thus I will continue to torrent whatever I wish to see from them. Which isn't all that much.

I just wait for everything to come out on disc/streaming, but yeah...it's like they don't get it...

And you expect to get it for free? They are not a broadcast network. They charge subscription fees. They are probably just as tied up as ESPN and HBO when it comes to streaming content on the internet due to existing contracts. ESPN and HBO both offer free streaming to existing subscribers.

No, I never said free. People don't want cable - they want ala carte. Something that terrifies the shit out of cable, since it removes them from the equation.

Not directed at you personally, but I don't give a fuck about their contracts. If they want my money, they have to play my way. Or I'll keep doing what I've done for the last 5+ years and stream or buy shit what it comes out on disc.

I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit about you

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse May 17, 2013, 19:23 bhcompy

nin wrote on May 17, 2013, 09:18:
Panickd wrote on May 17, 2013, 09:16:
Prez wrote on May 16, 2013, 22:01:
TBS, TNT to Stream Live TV
...If You're an Existing Cable TV Subcriber

Wall

And thus I will continue to torrent whatever I wish to see from them. Which isn't all that much.

I just wait for everything to come out on disc/streaming, but yeah...it's like they don't get it...

And you expect to get it for free? They are not a broadcast network. They charge subscription fees. They are probably just as tied up as ESPN and HBO when it comes to streaming content on the internet due to existing contracts. ESPN and HBO both offer free streaming to existing subscribers.

News Comments > Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed
21. Re: Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed May 16, 2013, 12:56 bhcompy

Verno wrote on May 16, 2013, 12:19:
bhcompy wrote on May 16, 2013, 12:10:
Verno wrote on May 16, 2013, 09:23:
I can't really see anything outdoing Dota 2 in the MOBA department, it has the strongest community tools I've ever seen in an online game.

Well, Dota 2 has to outdo League of Legends before that comment could even be relevant

epeen wars, my moba is better than yours! en garde!

I've never played LoL so no idea (went to install it and the installer had adware attached), all I ever hear about it is that it's a more rudimentary take on the Dota formula, not that there's anything wrong with that. I know it's very successful though, particularly in the asian markets.

Well, the reason I mentioned it was because it's the biggest MOBA and also the biggest competitive scene by a significant margin.

News Comments > Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed
17. Re: Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed May 16, 2013, 12:10 bhcompy

Verno wrote on May 16, 2013, 09:23:
I can't really see anything outdoing Dota 2 in the MOBA department, it has the strongest community tools I've ever seen in an online game.

Well, Dota 2 has to outdo League of Legends before that comment could even be relevant

News Comments > Camelot Unchained Funded
7. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 00:20 bhcompy

Pre-New Frontiers DAoC? Because that's the only DAoC worth playing  

News Comments > EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE
20. Re: EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE Apr 29, 2013, 10:22 bhcompy

Talutha wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 03:47:
I actually just started playing this last week and I wish I started playing this sooner. The reason I took so long was because I was afraid of all the things people would say about it such as it being a spreadsheet simulator and the amount of griefing that goes on, but it is not anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

The only downside is that there are a LOT of tutorials. I must have read for the majority of my first 15-20 hours of the game, but now that I am out of that phase and flying around it is almost overwhelming the amount of options ahead of me.

And for the record, when I tried to log in this afternoon they had over 50k people logged in =).

When you're ready for nullsec and are looking for a corp, let me know

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
12. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 28, 2013, 22:11 bhcompy

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 20:35:
dj LiTh wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 19:40:

I think a good analogy would be an all electric car that makes no noise hits someone from behind and the car manufacturer is not held responsible.

That's a terrible analogy, but funny to imagine.

It's a real problem for blind pedestrians. Enough so that car manufacturers have added noise to hybrids and electrics to ensure that they can be heard.

14. Re: EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE Apr 28, 2013, 22:08 bhcompy

Optional Nickname! wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 21:54:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 16:13:
Don't forget the fact that they're working on the 19th free expansion and an economy where you can buy your own playtime.

Could you please what that means.

You can pay your monthly fee with ingame money

13. Re: EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE Apr 28, 2013, 22:07 bhcompy

Umbragen wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 21:38:
And unless you've been in the game forever (and ever) you'll never catch up and you're mostly just fodder for the big boys.

Not really. Making the right friends makes or breaks the game. You can be a pro tackler, fly a drake or cane pretty well, and contribute to plenty of battles after a month or two in game. You get incrementally better stats with age and you get more ships to fly with age, but in order to be productive in 90+% of fleets, all you need is a tackle frigate and a battlecruiser.

Being fodder is a misnomer for the most part. Generally, if you're primaried you're fodder. Guess who gets primaried first? All the names they know and the FC if they have intel/spies.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell
29. Re: Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell Apr 23, 2013, 19:56 bhcompy

Jerykk wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 12:31:
combat should never be a viable option in any stealth game but these days

Stealth doesn't have to mean no combat. Rainbow 6(Ravenshield and before) was all about stealth... until you had to execute your carefully orchestrated plan to complete the mission. You spent most of the time tactically and stealthily advancing to good positions so you could even attempt to beat the level.

As far as ghost, you can ghost the vast majority of Metal Gear Solid, but there are certain combats you must encounter, though you can finish them by non-lethal means. I would call MGS a ghost capable game, regardless.

News Comments > FIFA 14 Announced: Features Emotional Goal Scoring
2. Re: FIFA 14 Announced: Features Emotional Goal Scoring Apr 17, 2013, 10:31 bhcompy

A lot of this sounds like the BS they've done with Madden, NBA Live, and the NHL series over the years, making it a pain in the ass to do something in "clutch moments"  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2013, 20:44 bhcompy

No. 21:10 maybe.  

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
12. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 6, 2013, 13:31 bhcompy

Of all the Monolith games to worry about, why NOLF? Why not Shogo? Why not Blood?  

News Comments > New APB Game Kickstarter
2. Re: New APB Game Kickstarter Mar 27, 2013, 11:00 bhcompy

Give me a kickstarter based on the real APB and you have a deal.  

734 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo