Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ravenus

Real Name Ravenus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ravenus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 7, 2010, 02:46
Total Comments 16 (Suspect)
User ID 55876

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
15. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 05:42 Ravenus

This is so cute and amazing. Best of luck to Ryan Carmack for all future projects.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Boss Key Staffs Up
7. Re: Boss Key Staffs Up Jul 24, 2014, 05:05 Ravenus

Is the game expected to have any offline component / bots?  

News Comments > Black Mesa Goes Commercial
39. Re: Black Mesa Goes Commercial Nov 20, 2013, 21:20 Ravenus

I already have the free mod, but I certainly would like to show my appreciation for the team's hard work by shelling out for the pay version.  

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Announced
3. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Announced May 9, 2012, 22:45 Ravenus

The upcoming title, loosely based on Bram Stokerís classic novel Dracula
Sounds more like, based on that crappy movie but we don't want to pay any royalties/copyright on that.

News Comments > Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced
3. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 6, 2012, 03:40 Ravenus

^That's what I thought too, when I saw the price point.
On the other hand what you're getting in the Heroes deal is HoMM5 + 2 expansions + a fair number of digital goodies, so I am kind of tempted, given that I don't own the game at all (I'm a HoMM3 fan).

News Comments > Valve Worth $3B?
23. Re: Valve Worth $3B? Mar 7, 2012, 23:21 Ravenus

Gabe's share given to him in donuts?  

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
22. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 27, 2011, 23:15 Ravenus

Krovven wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 21:42:
Games like these are best played on the couch with your pc hooked up to the big screen, using a 360 wireless gamepad on a PC running 1080, or more if your rig can handle it.
:-like-:
Yep, the "you play on consoles because you want to game on the couch" argument is really outdated. You can do that with your PC's, folks.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer
11. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 14, 2011, 03:52 Ravenus

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 23:18:
It LOOKS like they were trying to do some sorta Military FPS game that was canceled and all the art assets were used in a SS type game.
Hey weren't they actually doing that? I remember seeing some screenies years ago.

News Comments > RAGE Using Steamworks
16. Re: RAGE Using Steamworks Aug 13, 2011, 06:28 Ravenus

They've never refused other forms of DRM, that's entirely up to the publisher. They have only refused to host games that have in-game DLC purchase options because:
a) That's money out of their pockets
b) Gamers would hold Steam accountable for DLC content when they re-install their games

News Comments > Rambo Game Plans
2. Re: Rambo Game Plans Aug 4, 2011, 12:34 Ravenus

I thought the last Rambo film was a Soldier of Fortune movie adaptation.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Epic on Unreal
5. Re: Quoteworthy - Epic on Unreal Jul 23, 2011, 00:08 Ravenus

Enahs wrote on Jul 22, 2011, 23:29:
I really liked the environment and atmosphere they created in the original Unreal; but then they just forgot about it.
Yeah. Even the people that lament the consolization of Epic are mostly fans of UT and UT2004, which for all their virtues are a wholly different game than the moody exploration + combat on an alien landscape that was 98's Unreal.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 & Color Blindness
3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 & Color Blindness Jul 8, 2011, 11:37 Ravenus

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 11:01:
Now it'd be nice if they could do something about 99% of all FPS being played in drab brown textures.
Y'know, I thought THIS was what they did to neutralize color-blindness as a disadvantage. Everyone sees the same one color:D

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
33. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 14:39 Ravenus

Rockn-Roll wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 14:18:
"no atmosphere, plot or coherence"? It was all about atmosphere, plot and coherence...that's what made it totally different from Doom...instead of a soldier battling through hell it was a space marine battling aliens...
..and knights and fiends and zombies.
Romero didn't do much work on Quake...he was tapped out after Doom 2 and mostly just played instead of worked...that was why he was dropped from id...
I think Romero did all of Episode 2, which is my favourite Quake episode. It'd be great if they could use that episodic style again, even if they release one episode at a time.

News Comments > Prey 2 Details?
9. Re: Prey 2 Details? Mar 16, 2011, 00:13 Ravenus

Icewind wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 21:46:
Yeah, the first Prey was soooooo amazing, right?

I loved how it was totally impossible to lose because you resurrected after an arcade-style bow and arrow mini game.
You could always choose not to use that and instead make use of the game's WORKING save/load system. And like Jeff Green's CGW review of the game said, "If you're so good, you wouldn't die in the first place."
What bugged me more was the game's so-called dynamic difficulty system...which seemed to have a very low cap and absolutely no effect on enemy AI, which didn't even use basic techniques like strafing/flanking. If they worked more on that, this will be a tremendously improved game. Also, better use of portals and gravity tricks - they seemed to completely ignore those for the major battles in the first game.
And more of that terrific Art Bell humor (or even something else, I find a lot of current games short on the laughs department) and keep up the tradition of a wisecracking protagonist. Gordon Freeman clones are so passe.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
9. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 7, 2010, 02:47 Ravenus

Joining a game crashes the browser (FF 3.6.8) for me in Ubuntu  

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
4. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 6, 2010, 22:50 Ravenus

Site is still offline for maintenance when I hit the link.  

16 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo