Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for crypto

Real Name crypto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname crypto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Description: 3-4ft tall, bluish grey in colour, large bug-like black eyes, slit for a mouth, small nose. 3 fingers and a thumb, long spindly arms and legs. Often seen with small dwarf-like creatures.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 5, 2010, 18:27
Total Comments 203 (Novice)
User ID 55870

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
10. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 12:54 crypto

This idea will always fail due to greed, interconnection squabbles, line saturation, DoS wars, malware... the list goes on and on. Even if we upgraded every connection to fiber it would still be bad due to "induced demand".

Its not fun when you push the button and it doesn't work then you lose.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Begins
8. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Begins Apr 1, 2015, 18:04 crypto

Xero wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 15:16:
Hmmm, I wonder if I'll get the invite.

I've gotten an invite from Blizzard so far to try out, vanilla WoW, Starcraft 2, Starcraft 2 HotS, Warcraft 3 expansion, Heroes of the Storm, and Diablo 3.

Did you ask or sign up for those invites? It kinda sounds like you just opened your mail and there it was... if so then why?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 29, 2015, 22:09 crypto

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 21:49:
I saw that article like four days ago. There's no way Samsung is buying AMD. AMD won't sell on the crux of their possibly biggest launch since ATi's 4870. The 300 series is likely to net them some handsome profits. Why would they just hand that opportunity over to Samsung? It's not happening.

They would sell if it makes the shareholders money... because thats who calls the shots. Why they would hand over to Samsung is because Samsung has the capital to build factories over night, market products and get the chips into hands for cash. There is no sentiment in business.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 19:15 crypto

NaughtyPaws wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 18:05:
I have a 32 inch 4k monitor for my computer.
Its beautiful. Plenty of desktop space.
Do not really need that second monitor anymore.
Have to really hunt and modify games with player created UHD textures
to make it worthwhile above 1080p.

As for tv/living room movie watching... not worthwhile currently.
For the distance you are away from the monitor on the couch,
the screen would really need to be ginormas to really feel the
extra resolution/clarity to be worthwhile.
Plus the lack of content at the moment other then demo vids....

is this a poem...?

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1
18. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 22, 2015, 17:32 crypto

Zor wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 16:46:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 16:27:
Tom wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:19:
I wonder what version it will be at when (if?) it becomes a fun, playable game. 1.5? 2.0? 36.0.4?
The answer is 0.9 and it was released 6 months ago.

verybad1 wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:44:
Linksil wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:04:
How do we have version 1.1 (not a beta) when the game isn't released. *sigh* Numbering of versions in a lot of games has annoyed me of late.

Exactly sorta what I was gonna post. Really don't like the way they're running their show. Guess it makes money, but I get the feeling there will be a lot of unfulfilled dreams at the end.
Version numbers are meaningless. Do I care that Chrome is version 41? No, I care whether it's a decent browser. CIG doesn't make any money by calling it 1.1 instead of 0.1 or 0.0001.

Some people really do get worked up about meaningless shit.

What people should be moaning about is the fact that the new download system required uninstalling the game and redownloading it all again. People should be annoyed that the original upload for 1.1 was corrupted, meaning that downloads had to be reset. People should be annoyed despite that issue being fixed the install still crapped out at the end, with the workaround to be enabling patch repair under settings. People should be annoyed that the online multiplayer is broken, with CIG advising people not to bother until Monday.

But sure, let's complain about the version numbers. Wall2

PS - After all the trouble it's a decent update, it's just it was badly handled.

All that stuff happening is, of course, completely unacceptable for a retail release. That's why we need to remember this is still a project in development. Given that, it's not really worth moaning over at all if you're understanding of what you're taking part of. Shit's gonna break, or not work, and that's just how it is for now.

If they pull a "BF4" or "AC:Unity" some other similar giant fuck up at retail launch as well, then THAT will be worth throwing a few stones over.
I wouldn't take that CumeForYou... your the biggest fan boy here and if you want to complain you have every damn right to. You don't have to understand shit after defending every part of this game month after month, patch after patch! Tell him where to go Evilgrin

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
41. Re: removed Mar 16, 2015, 18:34 crypto

... then you and Zor will be like this:

"its just a crowd sourced game not a Big publisher so I never expected much. It costs sooo much to run servers, I can understand the subs. A universe is expensive to produce and maintain so charging real money for all the ships makes sense to me. How is Chris going to make the money need to update and fix the game if he just gives away all the space money? Of course it will take 3 years of grinding to buy a decent ship... duh! I'm typing from Chris's laptop now and will ask him how... *mumph* *mumph* how you can... **glug* *glug**... "

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2015, 17:18 crypto

You brought the nerd out... I must correct your numbers

as it's 3/1514/15

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2015, 20:53 crypto

Southern California Edison IT workers 'beyond furious' over H-1B replacements

reg required

News Comments > Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold
22. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 19:15 crypto

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 18:17:
How much gold can the average player reasonably farm in a month? I can't see them accepting anything less than that, so I doubt this system will work that well. Even for Chinese gold mills buying these you'd expect any profit would be razor thin.
Alot... at lest back when I was playing which was almost 10yrs ago now. Thing is not to farm, corner the markets with AH scanners like a post above says. Takes about a year to get all the statistical data for a particular server, learn the supply demand curves and develop a cash flow to play with. The more you make the more you make... like your first million is the hardest kind of thing. After that you just go in and buy all the items then sell them back at a profit. If someone trys to sell one at a lower price just undercut them till it expires and they give up trying or buy it... Start a one man guild to give you a bunch of storage... etc, etc.
The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.
-Gekko
If they had this back in the day I wouldn't have paid a dime.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
37. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 16:57 crypto

StealthR6 wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 14:27:
so this is all we have and its pretty damn good for being .001 done.

hummm, so development started in 2011, that is 3.5 years(lets say) for 0.001 of a game... making the full game 3500 years away, roughly.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 12, 2015, 19:40 crypto

A rep for Comcast explained to KRQE that this happened because no humans at Comcast actually look at the checks they receive.

WTF?? So they have a robot opening envelopes, recognizing checks from other pieces of paper, traveling to the bank and making deposits? Love to see a video of this in action.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2015, 22:41 crypto

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 21:49:
crypto wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 19:29:
silvaril wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 16:57:
WOW Forum Post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699456199

WOW is right... people are losing their shit about not getting one for taking a break, sad and funny at the same time.

Depending on how they bought their time, 1300-1800 statute that you can buy on ebay for 150. hahahahah I love it.

Very cool move on their part, I don't know much detail behind it, but it would be cool if they were serialized with usernames.

Ill let the dust settle, then grab one for gaming history.

"Within the first day, over 200,000 players created World of Warcraft accounts...Over the Thanksgiving weekend, players continued to buy World of Warcraft in record numbers, with a total of over 350,000(a) copies of the game selling through."Source
So lets say they had, world wide, 2 million users sign up in the time frame and only 10% qualify for this...I'm guessing there are around 150K-250K statues out there. Then maybe Blizzard says "opps, sry everyone" and releases it for sale; would be worthless very quick after that. That being said 150$ would be an alright price if its solid metal with heavy detail... but start bid can be far from closing price so good luck

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2015, 19:29 crypto

silvaril wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 16:57:
WOW Forum Post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699456199

WOW is right... people are losing their shit about not getting one for taking a break, sad and funny at the same time.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 12, 2015, 19:38 crypto

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:04:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:02:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:00:
Yeah, maybe if you have the hearing of Daredevil you might need a Pono, otherwise, no.

Needle and the damage done?

Yeah, stereo needle and huge fucking speakers.

Actually, there is a need for HD audio. There is a big difference between 128k and 256k audio but you need a quality stereo to notice and the right music. Songs with baselines for example will be distorted and "phrumpy", or lack the wave formation to produce the proper resonance in a large quality sub-woofer... ends up sounding like a thump verses a boom etc.. FLAC vs MP3 is a good example. But that being said, your only as good as the master your cut from. Since the industry caps recordings at 44khz/16(for CDs) rips are only that good, which is why you are seeing a return to vinyl. While scientifically speaking people only hear at those frequencies the experience of music goes far beyond some monotones at a some given frequency.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 20:13 crypto

Only 25Mbps up should qualify as broadband under new FCC definition.

fixed

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2014, 18:32 crypto

I claim last place because the others didn't even play... cheaters!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 22, 2014, 19:52 crypto

ldonyo wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 10:29:
Julio wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 09:32:
Thanks North Korea, can't beat free!

Free as in, "There will be an ad streamed to you every five-to-ten minutes". I hate Crackle.

+1

Not just an ad but the same ad over and over and over again...

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
11. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 19:16 crypto

Flak wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 18:09:
BN used to be the go-to place for all things PC Gaming, it's now the go-to place to read nonsensical musings of SC haters.

Wow, takes a shot at the whole site... the game must suck.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2014, 20:21 crypto

so I barely even managed to keep pace with anyone who forgot altogether

HA... Last place is mine!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2014, 19:17 crypto

I watched the first episode with the old lady and she saw miniature babies for sale or something and that was it for that show... I thought it was going to be alright but... who am I?  

203 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo