Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for crypto

Real Name crypto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname crypto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Description: 3-4ft tall, bluish grey in colour, large bug-like black eyes, slit for a mouth, small nose. 3 fingers and a thumb, long spindly arms and legs. Often seen with small dwarf-like creatures.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 5, 2010, 18:27
Total Comments 156 (Novice)
User ID 55870

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 21, 2014, 20:53 crypto

I would love cheaters getting sued!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer May 21, 2014, 20:44 crypto

gameplay? where? the car scene...?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2014, 21:01 crypto

vacs wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 14:00:
8GB is the correct answer, agreed. The question was way too easy

But again, as it has been mentioned at least 24937 times before, do NOT disable the pagefile, not even with 512GB of RAM!

There is a reason for this file to exist on Windows machines, keep it enabled!
Totally disagree.

The pagefile does more than only swap out data which doesn't fit into your RAM.
True, windows does lots of legacy operations on data in RAM and puts data out to page regardless if you have the room in ram. They think if it ain't broke, reuse it... so old ways of dealing with RAM are still at work.

It also untrue that the pagefile will slow down your system if you have plenty of RAM.
I know from experience that it is in fact true. Thankfully I don't have to because someone else did
In summary, in every case a page file was quicker... although in almost every case the positive difference was considered "statistically insignificant" I know for a fact that the minor differences add up very quickly over time. The benchmark also didn't use the system for 8+ hours switching programs or startup and shutdown of those programs repeatably. This is where the most noticeable difference is and shows whats going on with windows.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2014, 21:22 crypto

Does this mean your finally going to wash your feet blue??  

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
43. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 21:18 crypto

Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:28:
Strango wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:08:
MacLeod wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 10:02:
...Without the balance of using actual money to continue or add health, the game doesn't really work. If I can continue an unlimited amount of times, without having to worry about running out of quarters, the danger of the game is gone. I find that you just start barreling through monsters, where in the arcade you actually take your time and try to avoid being hit.

Hammerwatch struck a good balance on this subject. You had a limited number of lives (a shared pool in co-op) and when they were gone that was it. If you restarted it would be back at the first level again. You could earn more lives, but never enough to keep you from playing conservatively. Now with that said I doubt this new title will do something like that, but I hope to be surprised.

Letís be realistic here about the lives and spending quarters. I worked in a movie theater when this game was release long ago. We had the keys to the machine so we would pump it up with lives so we could play all night long. Games like these in Arcades are designed to keep you spending quarters so you can keep drugging through the game. There is no end for a game like this, its made to keep regenerating levels until the end of time.

As for the new version, who knows how many levels there are. But gamers do not want to sit and rehash the same levels over and over again. The nice thing about Hamerwatch was, you could set the option in Coop to unlimited lives, and thatís the way we preferred it. No one wanted to die and the restart all over again because one person kept dying and using up all of the lives.

You canít compare an arcade type game with your typical games of today. Most games these days have re-spawning. No different then having unlimited lives.
I watched a guy wrap the game on one quarter. Gauntlet legends, ultimate remake. Captured the essence of the original and so much more.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 15, 2014, 19:09 crypto

bhcompy wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 15:07:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 14:54:
first Sony shafted us with extremely low stock of PS4's compared to other regions, and now they're raising the prices? thanks for screwing your customers over...

this pretty much makes the Xbox One Titanfall bundle for $50 more a better deal.

The CAN lost value. That's how economics works

The difference from release date to now is 20$... that is not economics that is gouging. 25$ ok sure, maybe even 30 but 50 is absurd.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 2, 2014, 12:19 crypto

AT&T patents a system to rip-off high-bandwidth customers.

fixed

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 26, 2014, 15:44 crypto

ok I don't call it stealing if you extend your network into my home.  

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
41. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 18, 2014, 11:59 crypto

Has anyone calculated the cost of starting this game from scratch, 1 yr sub, base game, all expansions?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2014, 21:46 crypto

maybe they are getting my rank back...  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
26. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 5, 2014, 10:26 crypto

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 19:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 17:00:
Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 14:48:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 14:40:
I heard that the city in GTA 6 will be named "Midwest City" and modeled after KC.

I'd really like them to move out of the US as a setting and do a European or Asian city.

I thought they already did an Asian GTA: Sleeping Dogs.

Yeah, but that was more like GTA lite. Still, it kicked ass. Love that freakin' game! I was thinking it'd be cool to do British/European gangster style in London/Paris/Berlin/Budapest kind of thing. I'm sure the Brits/Europeans would like it and it'd be good to get the NA people some culture.

The problem with that is a loss of some realism and plot. Back when Gta got started inner city America was basically a war zone with local gangs, immigrant gangs and multiple international crime organizations/family all in one place. Not hard to believe a single guy with a bunch of guns getting lost amongst the chaos. If you take it out of the states you only get like one dominant gang/organization.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2013, 20:16 crypto

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:21:
Blue, I would vote for you, TWICE even!

+1

2/0 You win by a landslide!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 25, 2013, 18:49 crypto

I've been saying this since 95'... at lest half the security holes in windows are/were just intentional backdoors for the NSA or other dept.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 09:45 crypto

RIP: Hudson the wonder dog.

......)
....(_)
.....|`|
.....| |...._()
..\_|_|_/

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 19:55 crypto

'The Daily Show' Doubles Down On New York Pizza

Stupid region alert

News Comments > Signal Ops on Steam & Linux
1. Re: 2013-11-19 02:16:13 Nov 19, 2013, 18:35 crypto

I think thats it...  

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
26. Re: Op Ed Nov 10, 2013, 10:48 crypto

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:36:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:23:
Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:13:
I guess we have very different ideas about what constitutes "frequent", particularly as it applies to when one pays a monthly fee for a service.

Not to mention that "have to rework the game pretty significantly to make it f2p".

There's nothing to rework, remove the price tag, done.

Obviously, this person knows little about business, economics, and how much money it takes just to have enough servers and bandwidth for 7.6 million subs. These same people probably believe that all the money that comes form subs are profit. Oo

Pretty sure I could almost operate Google with $100+ million/month... how many daily users.. 1 bln+?

Any company that can get bought then later on think, naahh I don't like this and buy itself back is stupid rich.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
33. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 19:20 crypto

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 11:25:
I've said it before, EA could find a sure fire cure for Aids and Cancer and the people here would still find a reason to hate them for it. Pathetic, hateful little bitches.

It would never happen, a one shot, sure fire cure is against their business strategy; better too sell them a lifetime of treatment.

News Comments > Path of Exile Launch This Week
12. Re: Path of Exile Launch This Week Oct 21, 2013, 22:45 crypto

MisterBenn wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 22:04:

Yeah the currency system is a curious one but I think it works really well. It's definitely easy to burn through your currency with a few bad rolls and we've all been burned by RNG somewhere along the line, but the strong currency sinks have done a good job to stabilise the trade value of the various orbs over time.

I'm not sure about the sinks you talk about. I wrote a feedback thread which spelled it out for them. Fuse orbs always add a link(never remove one), color orbs(forget the name) change the color of the clicked socket in logical order etc. etc.. They can fail with maybe a skill to increase effectiveness(crafting). I can't craft until end game because I level to fast and even then I've blow through like 50 fuse trying to make a 6 link... posted in chat about it and everyone started laughing, told me to quit playing :s

News Comments > Path of Exile Launch This Week
1. Re: Path of Exile Launch This Week Oct 21, 2013, 21:00 crypto

Without a fix for the currency first? The orbs have random value because they only work randomly. Not cool.  

156 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo