Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for crypto

Real Name crypto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname crypto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Description: 3-4ft tall, bluish grey in colour, large bug-like black eyes, slit for a mouth, small nose. 3 fingers and a thumb, long spindly arms and legs. Often seen with small dwarf-like creatures.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 5, 2010, 18:27
Total Comments 205 (Novice)
User ID 55870

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
3. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 5, 2015, 10:11 crypto

$69 for the game, $120 it plays itself  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2015, 09:57 crypto

nin wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 21:55:
crypto wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 21:22:
Im noticing an increase in sites that have redesigned the old Pop-Up advertisement to bypass popup blockers. Seems to be embedded into the page where you scroll down a bit and it overlays. Obviously not something new but it is getting annoyingly frequent. Anyone know a way around this? I'm using chrome so maybe I need to go back to FF with all the addons? :/

Are you updating your ad filters? I'm still using FF and ABP. I've also set flash to ask before running, as it seems like more and more sites autoplay videos embedded in the page
Yep all updated. It seems they are using the same method used to put up a paywall; page fades out and no longer scrolls, a box appears center of screen. I read on lifehackers that you could bypass paywalls on some sites but its case by case and not worth the trouble for a random article... guess I just wait for it to get (ab)used everywhere.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2015, 21:22 crypto

Im noticing an increase in sites that have redesigned the old Pop-Up advertisement to bypass popup blockers. Seems to be embedded into the page where you scroll down a bit and it overlays. Obviously not something new but it is getting annoyingly frequent. Anyone know a way around this? I'm using chrome so maybe I need to go back to FF with all the addons? :/  

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
73. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 4, 2015, 19:44 crypto

Rigs wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 07:28:
nin wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 04:11:
Rigs wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 02:42:
Krowen wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 01:54:
crypto wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 00:13:
So what happened?... did you get into an accident that resulted in some brain damage? You went from "smart financial decisions" to star shityzen and amiibo purchases. Your talking either total bullshit or seriously messed up; just saying.

I read your shitty post and it gave me brain damage, that's what happened. You probably dumped double what I've spent there in completely inconsequential crap but I don't notice you rushing to list your own hobbies or tendencies. Sack up.

I'm beginning to think Krov ven is trolling us and really is both, just split personalities...both alcoholic stepdads...

=-Rigs-=

Blue seemingly confirmed the other day they were two separate people...I'd like to hope that.

Yes, I know, but lately I'm starting to wonder... *gazes off in the distance*

=-Rigs-=

Maybe its Kim Fatcon telling himself nintendo figures and pre-purchased DLC from imaginary video games are where his next million will come from...

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
21. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 4, 2015, 19:32 crypto

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 18:08:
harlock wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 16:44:
Fantaz wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 16:22:
MS wants to release Win10 this month but I've been working with the latest builds of it every day and it's still a horribly buggy mess right now... there's also serious bugs that MS said to us that they are not planning on fixing until Fall/Nov 2015! there's no way I'm going to switch from WinBlue (8.1) until at least Win10 SP1 comes out, or only when they start seriously fixing the bugs. the DX12 exclusive games will have to wait before i play them.

if you use win8.1 willingly, there is no reason to listen to anything coming out of your mouth

better idea would be to ignore everything you say from now on

THat's pretty ignorant.

And ignorance is bliss

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
62. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 3, 2015, 00:13 crypto

Krowen wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 20:54:
Not that its really any of your fucking business but I make good money and was smart with financial decisions in my youth so I have disposable income now. Some people spend $1500 on sports and beer, I spend $1500 on games. Also in my awesome Nintendo amiibo collection, seriously mine owns and I don't care what shitty thing you have to say about it mr "plan foolish"

So what happened?... did you get into an accident that resulted in some brain damage? You went from "smart financial decisions" to star shityzen and amiibo purchases. Your talking either total bullshit or seriously messed up; just saying.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 23:36 crypto

descender wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 12:41:

I'm pretty disappointed by Rockstar. They haven't actually added any meaningful "gameplay" features to this franchise since San Andreas... and then they removed that (the gang wars) in the newer ones anyway.

^ and ambulance missions Annoyed

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
65. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 21:18 crypto

Zor wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 14:56:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 12:45:
El Pit wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 12:42:
And then there were some fanboys on this forum saying that since it's the Unreal engine, the FPS part would be easy cake. Like looking for the line "FPS Mode=0" in the engine and changing it to "FPS Mode=1". Guess those guys are learning it the hard way that a) there is a difference between reality and fanatism and b) to never trust the snake oil salesman!
It's the Crysis not the Unreal engine. Not that it changes your point
You'll correct his error about the engine but say nothing of the fake quote by Chris Roberts he conjured up?

How would you know he didn't say that?... oh right, your on his lap, duh.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2015, Part One
10. Re: It Came from E3 2015, Part One Jun 23, 2015, 21:28 crypto

Blue wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 17:11:
scratz wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 16:17:
It wasn't sarcasm, but it wasn't terribly clear, either.

What I mean is, this is the first "It Came From E3" post. I miss past years when there would be dozens of those throughout the event.

So I didn't miss anything. In that case, my original response stands.

Ok... now I'm scared to ask Anxious

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 14, 2015, 01:13 crypto

What I find interesting is that a High school kid in the 80's not only understood wireless communication between various primitive devices and their control but could also code the whole thing on a relatively new system architecture and language.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Asset Leak
32. Re: Star Citizen Asset Leak May 26, 2015, 09:11 crypto

jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2015, 02:39:
crypto wrote on May 25, 2015, 23:41:
Actually, I think you would encompass the pilot in a heavy armor pod with no weakness and display the entire 360x360 field of view compressed into a 180x135 HUD.

Actually, you wouldn't have people in the ships at all. They'd all be drones operated from the carrier (or even from many star systems away) controlled remotely by neural subspace connections.

Well if you want to go there then it wouldn't be controlled at all but just programmed AI and may the best code win.

News Comments > Star Citizen Asset Leak
25. Re: Star Citizen Asset Leak May 25, 2015, 23:41 crypto

Orogogus wrote on May 25, 2015, 19:21:
jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2015, 18:21:
I'm sure the designers are smart enough to realize it if we are. Do you suppose it's simply they assume the average viewer won't be able to wrap their head around something like a Star Destroyer with a bridge on both the top and bottom?

The Bab 5 Star Fury is one of the better sci-fi fighter designs, IMO. The focus of view is towards the forward hemisphere, not the bottom or top. Most star fighter designs are just space versions of the F-15 or whatever.

I think this owes as much to anatomy as psychology. Our heads are on top of our bodies, with our eyes set facing forward.

It seems to me that the Starfury, like the TIE Fighter, has a smaller field of view than a space F-15 cockpit. If you have a bubble cockpit on the top of a ship, the pilot's head pokes up and he has full view of the entire top hemisphere, minus whatever's physically obstructed.

In that Starfury, the pilot is seated back from the glass, so he has less than the full hemisphere's view. He has a cone of vision extending from his eyes to the edges of the glass instead of the full hemisphere, further obstructed because his instruments and controls are in front of him instead of below the glass.

I think if you really wanted to emphasize the forward hemisphere of view, you would put pilots lying down or on their chests, with their heads poking out a bubble facing forward. But neck cramps are probably a thing, and it also doesn't sound very safe for the pilot.

Actually, I think you would encompass the pilot in a heavy armor pod with no weakness and display the entire 360x360 field of view compressed into a 180x135 HUD.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2015, 01:41 crypto

Blue wrote on May 23, 2015, 16:59:
RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2015, 12:36:
Intermittent problems of any sort are difficult to troubleshoot. Blue, would you mind expounding on the issue as it might help others. Muchos Gracias

It was a combination of a couple of bad cable connections in my house causing packet loss along with a repeater on my node that was over-amplifying (or whatever is the equivalent) the signal.

I will add cable splitters to the list. Had one put in for some free promo tv package they gave me for 6 months, sent it back after offer expired but left the splitter connected to the modem. About a year later the thing started causing problems for no apparent reason other then it just wore out. Since I forgot it was even there troubleshooting was rather frustrating to say the lest

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization May 20, 2015, 07:23 crypto

What has me curious is " Interactive mode with touch and move-enabled controls." which makes me wonder if there is no tracking.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2015, 01:25 crypto

Orogogus wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:58:
jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:16:
Orogogus wrote on May 15, 2015, 17:05:
jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2015, 14:28:
Yeah, that's actually a legit case for trademark infringement.

I feel like it's not. Games and utility software seem like very different, wholly non-competing products to me. I'd think there would be zero possibility of someone actually forking over money thinking they'd bought something affiliated with Nero AG.

So you feel like I could make a game titled "Windows" and be okay?

Basically? Yes. I think that example's a little murkier because it's a little more believable that someone with the brains of bratwurst would think, okay, yeah, maybe Microsoft came out with a version of Windows that runs on a console. And it would certainly be less clear if it came out on the PC.

But in the case of Nero, I think you'd have to be willfully stupid to have any expectation that the burning software was ported to the Xbox One or any other console.

Don't make me fire up The Xbox and swap out the drive for a CDR then load linux, nero and burn a CD... Cuz it can happen.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
60. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 18:32 crypto

Blue wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:13:
nin wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:12:
Blue wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:11:
Task wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:10:
This is why I hope someone comes up with a way to make private servers instead of having to play with random players and hackers, or just being able to use whatever FOV or mod I want with friends.

You can easily start a friends-only, crew-only, or invite-only server.

But (if I understand it right) it's still through Social Club, so they're still tracking it. And if they see a mod they don't like...

Haha, caught me in the second before I added that via an edit.

Just unplug the server till your done big guy, they can wait

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
23. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 22:30 crypto

Leper wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 15:33:
They could have gone for a totally different and much more interesting system with a high level cap and many level-ups where you get a stat increase here and a new perk there on every level.

It's a trade-off, isn't it? Either have a few meaningful levels or a lot of less significant levels.

Don't think so. Game should start off with dude/dudette that just... is. Story says, lets play a little game. Boom, you level which makes your character more interesting and changes the game into a little more fun. Rapid repeat until you have a character which the player 'thinks' is cool and powerful then plow them into the real story. The story is so... enthralling that leveling is not on players mind until, boom level up. Whhhaaatt? says player, more cool story, level. Take their character to a power level the player never thought was possible then let them end the story. No trade off required

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2015, 08:04 crypto

Should it be legal to rape and slay a virtual child?

Saw something like this in SL back in the day, a group role playing werd crap. its one thing to be part of a game you didn't expect but when its premeditated...

News Comments > Star Citizen March Update
15. Re: Star Citizen March Update Apr 7, 2015, 21:11 crypto

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 20:56:
crypto wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:10:
He must get paid UAE(?) for these posts, or he should cuz thats some top notch salesmanship right there.

Why would the United Arab Emirates pay him?

HA! Funny

Damn you made me go to the stupid site and look it up

Edit: UAE to UEC

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
18. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 18:41 crypto

Brazor wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 17:09:
NKD wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:18:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:11:
I gotta ask: How has this effected the gold selling sites? What did $20 on a gold selling site get you prior to this?

Too soon to tell. Right now 30k gold will run you around $25-30 on a gold seller site. You're looking at around a dollar per 1000 gold. So the starting price here is actually a bit cheaper than buying from China. Since Blizzard is in charge of setting the price it's really hard to tell what will happen.

In a pure supply & demand situation like I've seen in Wildstar or EVE, generally the "legit" currency ends up costing more than the black market currency because people end up being willing to pay a premium for the legitimacy.

The illegal sellers are in a tough spot because if they don't undercut Blizzard by a significant margin, their sales will dry up. No one is going to buy illegal gold for more than legit gold.
You'll have to take this with a grain of salt as I can't provide proof. I don't want to get people fired.
But a few friends of mine in blizz told me weeks ago that they have the ability to alter the gold price of the tokens. One of their goals is to hurt the gold farmers profits as much as possible. They'll adjust the gold price as needed, but they're going to keep the changes subtle so that it's hard to tell at first glance.
They should wait to see what the market does. If farms are 1k 1$ then cutting them in half would be 2k 1$ or 40k, etc go too far and and its not worth it. You've got them beat with 1) convenience 2) legit cash exchange 3) legit purchase(no ban)
Free market is the only way to go... but, after looking at the video I see not much has changed in the 10 or so years since I played(toons for kids) so it doesn't really matter what they do.

205 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo