Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for crypto

Real Name crypto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname crypto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Description: 3-4ft tall, bluish grey in colour, large bug-like black eyes, slit for a mouth, small nose. 3 fingers and a thumb, long spindly arms and legs. Often seen with small dwarf-like creatures.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 5, 2010, 18:27
Total Comments 163 (Novice)
User ID 55870

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

General Discussion > NFL Week Eight
3. No subject Oct 23, 2014, 20:21 crypto

looks like I'm on a roll  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
22. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 18:25 crypto

Baristan wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 18:11:
With the free ship week I thought I would try and play Star Citizen. The last time I played Star Citizen there were bugs, but I managed to enter arena commander and fly for a few hours. Even managed to play a few multiplayer matches. The current version however is beyond buggy.

The installer crashed when I opened the advanced settings menu while patching. Tried changing a setting from a drop-down menu... another crash. Third time noticed my PC temp rising, changed SC launcher's CPU affinity to one core, it was using 100% of the CPU(must have been verifying the cash). After a while CPU usage dropped to 50%. Still way to high for a launcher.

My 5 minutes trying to play:
Game loads. Open up the menu to change graphic settings to low(high textures caused my PC to randomly pause during combat in the old version) click the arrow to lower the setting, and nothing happens. Click it again... Crash to desktop. Reload game and managed to get the settings to low. Enter arena commander and try an offline race. Throttle up and hit 'x' to start --ship flies to the left crashing into the building-- instant death. New patch had reset my controls, mapping strafe to the thumb slider on my x-52. Didn't want to risk another crash to desktop so I kept playing with the default joystick mapping. After a respawn I managed to fly through two gates before the ship started spinning out of control crashing into a building. Respawned, the ship is still spinning. Could slow the spinning with joystick input, but not stop it. Exit to hanger. The view is still spinning. Reboot and load SC again this time the HUD changes size while waiting for the race to start. Most of the ships HUD is now off screen. The spinning starts again before the first gate.

After 5 min of trying to play I gave up. Should have given up after I found multiple bugs in the installer.

Nice! thanks

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
62. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 18:43 crypto

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 14:51:
And "quicker?". ROFL. You do realize that the FULL Squadron 42 was originally supposed to come out in about a month from now, right?
According to the livestream we're now getting THE FIRST EPISODE at the end of 2015. That's a full year delay for only 20% of what was originally promised. Wow! That's quick!

Nice! worth the three pages of blah posts, thanks

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
41. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 18:58 crypto

I can absolutely say that we lost [player] trust in the game's launch and the early parts of the year,

They should not have added the word player because he never intended to use the word. He says "trust" 6 times in 10 sentences... thats some heavily manipulative PR... in fact its called brainwashing
A study on the phenomenon exposed one group to an opinion repeated by three different people, another to that same opinion repeated by one person multiple times. Incredibly, the group subjected to one single guy repeating the opinion was three times more susceptible to changing their own opinions than the others. Even when we actively register that it's just one person spouting bullshit, we're still likely to believe it.In other words, people who are obsessive or dickish enough to keep repeating a wrong idea have a natural advantage in human society, and probably always have.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 4, 2014, 07:57 crypto

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:00:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:13:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:10:
Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 11:37:
Comcast pizza party... I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. At least they apparently sprung for good pizza. I would have fully expected Comcast to show up with 2 small, plain cheese pizzas from Cici's or something.

They haven't done this in my building yet because my building doesn't have CondoInternet. The one I was supposed to move into did, but I switched to this one at the last minute since it has a ridiculous view, but no CondoInternet. Apparently I'm the only one bugging the leasing office.

I find it funny that they mention X1 at the end. I would love X1, but you can't get it out here without also getting landline. Guess what, Comcast: no one in an apartment in this part of Seattle has a fucking landline. No one in this neighborhood is over 60.

You would trade gigabit internet for a good view? Shame on you! ^^

I look North and I see the Space Needle about 500 yards away, look West and see the Puget Sound sprawling out about 500 yards away, and look South and see Mt. Rainer in the distance.

It's pretty awesome and I'm going to miss it when I leave Seattle.

I guess I have the simple problem of understanding what the POINT of a good view out a window is. Doesn't enrich my life one bit...
I'm trying to understand how you get a condo with a full 180 degree view, either its a penthouse unit or he owns the entire side of a flr... regardless, Im thinking that life is already enriched and the view is just a side effect

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 3, 2014, 21:11 crypto

Destiny Mythbusters Test Some of the Rumors Surrounding Bungie's Latest.

If dorkly needs 15+ 3rd party scripts to show an embeded video then its not worth watching.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
37. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 19:29 crypto

NKD wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:38:
Flatline wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:12:
Julio wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 11:59:
I'm curious to see where this one finishes at before the final (well as final as this game will be) game comes out. Wonder how well it will trend on microtransactions post release too.

If they want to profit they'll probably have to have microtransactions out the ass, seeing as everyone who wants a copy will have a copy before it launches.

Also, wouldn't the 11 billion alphas and betas of Minecraft qualify as crowdfunding? That was a totally indie effort and made like 250 million in 2012 alone.

Eh I don't really think that's crowdfunding. The product was being made regardless of how much money it was making. It was simply available for purchase.

There was no organized effort to say "Hey, we have a goal, but we need your financial help to reach it!"

agreed, it is all sales numbers. The record should be for selling intangible items like plots on the moon or Madoff Investment Securities.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 22:35 crypto

Efflixi wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:14:
Ok, so our Pick'em group. I'm ranked #2 and while I didn't choose randomly, I might as well have! I picked two teams that I know, and the rest of the matchups, i simply picked the underdog. How the hell do I get to be rank #2? Even in ESPN total standings I'm ranked 2290ish out of over a million signups. I just don't get it...

Underdogs have something to work for so they give it their all at the start... they also have more off time so very eager to play. Probably won't last past mid season

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2014, 19:57 crypto

Good, always get redirected when trying to use .com so I figured your link wouldn't work. Now to figure out if pre-order arkham knight for the old lady will get her the bonus content...  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 20:17 crypto

At this point it is just an attack against gamers Annoyed  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
43. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 22:02 crypto

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 16:36:
Since releasing the trailer for the Constellation and ship racing at Gamescon the game has raised half a million dollars in a day, which pays for developing the game. The commercials more than pay for themselves and that's important for a game funded exclusively by crowdfunding.

Since no one answered my question I went and found out that this game is funded with pre-sales of game and in game items in the guise of pledges... call it crowd funding if you want but as far as I'm concerned crowd funding at this caliber would equal a f2p game because it is f2d. In fact, at this point, if they cared about their backers they would make it f2p to ensure the backers had lots of people to play with... but thats just me after a few glasses of wine

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
23. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 19:30 crypto

soooo I need to pay to play?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2014, 09:35 crypto

Say what you will about movies not being worth the price of admission, but downloading a film and watching it for free is theft however you look at it -- regardless if you think it's worth paying full admission price or not.

This blatantly bias "comment" makes this less of a news article and more of a opinion piece. I'm surprised Ars didn't cover this story yet... I suspect escapist were leaked the story on the condition they make the comment and to target the large group of users that have the ability for finding/downloading movies.

Same drama happens with every release of this movie franchise, it gets leaked then downloaded then law suits. I'm guessing they pad the production costs with all the 15min cameos to claim billions of dollars in losses. This is to counter the argument that quality films make billions and that careless film making/profiteering is killing the industry.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced
24. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 2, 2014, 12:39 crypto

Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:52:
crypto wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 18:20:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 16:20:
didnt understand the currency system.

this, but I understand the currency system; its flawed. you don't have your currency items randomly anything _ever_. its like going to the bank machine for 20$ and getting 20 pesos instead... or worse it eats your card and you have to go to the bank, wait in line then pay 20$ for a new card(i.e. 5 slot becomes 3) I heard a while back they added an item to increase the odds(which still makes it random so not a fix) I logged on to find a update changed the skill tree drastically and my main char with all items was useless... wont go back, play D3 if anything.

Currency in PoE is fantastic

Everyone has an equal chance to gamble away a multitude of orbs...

things that takes only a few tries...

currency you... blow on gambling.

That's how to "do" currency in PoE.

great, another fanboy wreaks another game :/ I don't blame GG for taking my support money and going no where with it... its this senseless dribble.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced
22. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 18:20 crypto

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 16:20:
didnt understand the currency system.

this, but I understand the currency system; its flawed. you don't have your currency items randomly anything _ever_. its like going to the bank machine for 20$ and getting 20 pesos instead... or worse it eats your card and you have to go to the bank, wait in line then pay 20$ for a new card(i.e. 5 slot becomes 3) I heard a while back they added an item to increase the odds(which still makes it random so not a fix) I logged on to find a update changed the skill tree drastically and my main char with all items was useless... wont go back, play D3 if anything.

News Comments > BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal
17. removed Jul 26, 2014, 10:39 crypto

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 25, 2014, 14:32.

My turn

News Comments > Subscription MMOG Market Analysis
11. Re: Subscription MMOG Market Analysis Jul 19, 2014, 00:06 crypto

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 16:31:
Can it really be that expensive? You're just saving numbers out of the instances.

Depends on how much ore you have...

Outtahere

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 22:56 crypto

Acleacius wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 20:22:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 19:41:
Movies are a poor comparison to MMOs. You can take a chance on a movie, and if it doesn't work out, you've only lost a couple of hours. With an MMO, you go in with your friends, and if it doesn't work out then you've all lost a lot of money and hundreds of hours. It's more important in the case of an MMO to make a deliberate and considered choice.

Obviously everyone would have preferred a different pay structure but as we all know $15 bucks US, a month is still $.50 a day. The price of a movie back in the 1970s.

Hey did anyone figure out how to register our game codes on Steam, yet?

Actually, the price of a movie ticket in the 1950s was about $.50... but either way, thinking like that will just nickle & dime yourself to death real fast.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 15, 2014, 18:54 crypto

With 0% of the market, BluePhone has even more potential!

Is that like the BatPhone?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 00:20 crypto

The article credits a reddit thread that notes Buzzfeed rip...

I always thought a bus stop without a stopped bus to be somewhat ironic.

163 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo