Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for crypto

Real Name crypto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname crypto
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Description: 3-4ft tall, bluish grey in colour, large bug-like black eyes, slit for a mouth, small nose. 3 fingers and a thumb, long spindly arms and legs. Often seen with small dwarf-like creatures.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 5, 2010, 18:27
Total Comments 148 (Novice)
User ID 55870

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal
17. removed Jul 26, 2014, 10:39 crypto

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 25, 2014, 14:32.

My turn

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Subscription MMOG Market Analysis
11. Re: Subscription MMOG Market Analysis Jul 19, 2014, 00:06 crypto

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 16:31:
Can it really be that expensive? You're just saving numbers out of the instances.

Depends on how much ore you have...

Outtahere

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 22:56 crypto

Acleacius wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 20:22:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 19:41:
Movies are a poor comparison to MMOs. You can take a chance on a movie, and if it doesn't work out, you've only lost a couple of hours. With an MMO, you go in with your friends, and if it doesn't work out then you've all lost a lot of money and hundreds of hours. It's more important in the case of an MMO to make a deliberate and considered choice.

Obviously everyone would have preferred a different pay structure but as we all know $15 bucks US, a month is still $.50 a day. The price of a movie back in the 1970s.

Hey did anyone figure out how to register our game codes on Steam, yet?

Actually, the price of a movie ticket in the 1950s was about $.50... but either way, thinking like that will just nickle & dime yourself to death real fast.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 15, 2014, 18:54 crypto

With 0% of the market, BluePhone has even more potential!

Is that like the BatPhone?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 00:20 crypto

The article credits a reddit thread that notes Buzzfeed rip...

I always thought a bus stop without a stopped bus to be somewhat ironic.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 11, 2014, 22:20 crypto

I'm grappling with being remembered... :/  

News Comments > BF4 Test Environment Results
17. Re: BF4 Test Environment Results Jun 30, 2014, 10:45 crypto

Slick wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 02:50:

i swear these posts are getting dumber by the minute.

Yours is the perfect example with blubbering insults and the complete ignorance to the fact you counter your own argument.

example #1
10 minutes in the game would take about 2 hours in real life in a large battle.
Comparing MMO with FPS. The EVE solution would make FPS games pointless.

Example #2
Would you say that the devs "don't know what they're doing"? and that back in the day they "had it right" because they were trying to accomplish 1/10000th what REAL games are trying to do?
What they accomplished was make a game where you point a gun at someone, shoot, a bullet hits the target. What we have today is point, shoot, die, watch enemy running away.

Example #3
Idiots like you are why the gaming community as a whole is slowing going full retard, you want to go backwards. Go play PacMan, i'm sure you'll be thrilled. You'd probably bitch at Henry Ford for his crappy automobile because it occasionally breaks down without oil?
The whole world(minus oil execs) would bitch about how his automobile has resulted in a global problem labeled as catastrophic... a valid complaint.

Example #4
how the shit are we going to fly to the moon if people like you kick up your heels about stuff you don't understand at every turn.
*News flash*
Man has landed on the moon! What they found was that it was a pointless waste of money and not worth going back. Much like buying FPS games that have fancy bullets and vehicles that aren't where they are drawn.

Example #5(and the best example)
the processing power required for all of these calculations, and the latencies between so many people all over the world CANNOT make it a perfect real-time experience. we're unfortunately still a slave to physics. GET OVER IT. or become a scientist and invent both better processors and faster internet, GO.
Its not a "real-time" experience when the enemy standing in front of you has actually just killed you and is half way across the map. Your pointing out that devs have over reached and packed games with "features" that inevitably break the game play. They do this because suckers will pay them for it.

Example #6
you don't give a "flying fuck" about how "hard" it is to get it right? well i can see that, you clearly have no grasp about the world of which you speak.
Your pointing out they didn't get it right.

Example #7
I want the future of videogames to be as grand and sweeping as my imagination can muster.
At this point in time you should cancel your internet, play single player and use your imagination to pretend the A.I. players are real people.

Example #8
i swear the reason my battlefield games aren't perfect is because the internet is clogged up with so much stupid.
And I swear the reason games aren't working is because devs listen to fanboys stroke their egos instead of customers with valid quality concerns.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
15. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 20:32 crypto

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 17:26:
Parias wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 15:52:
Sweet! I like, at least conceptually. But, it being squad-based and all.. will it have co-op?

Well, given that this was yet another rendered trailer with no gameplay in it, how are we supposed to know?

Edit: I see that it's not rendered, which means that the UE4 engine is being put to good use. Still, GAME PLAY ONLY PLEASE.

agreed, using the game to render a polished cut scene does _not_ make it game play. Bait & Switch marketing.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 15:06 crypto

Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 12:16:
nin wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 12:04:
Vocabulary test. 86% - Yes to 86% of existing words, Yes to 0% of nonwords.

80% here. Yes to 83% of the existing words. Yes to 3% of the nonwords.

I got 72%, but several words where I said it wasn't a word, they pretend it's a word, even though they spell it wrong. Eveningwear, for example, is two words. It's "evening wear." Putting them together doesn't somehow make it an actual word. Their 'scientific' study is definitely well thought out.

But it's from a university in Belgium, so what can you expect. :p
I tripped on scientific terms which I am familiar with but thought they are names not words and they actually turned out to be classifications... so I guess a word . creamlike didn't show up in their dictionary and I don't find a meaning anywhere so a glitch there. Bluegill is a name of a fish so... meh.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 17, 2014, 19:56 crypto

Jamil20 wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 13:20:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:25:
Why do people watch these people on Youtube? Never mind. Why do people watch day time talk shows and soap operas and reality TV?

Especially to watch this guy. I was browsing oculus rift videos and found one of his before I knew who he was, and it filled me with so much rage that I wanted to punch my monitor.

What pissed me off:
1) He talks like an idiot and that's not a remark about his accent
2) He kept showing his feet to the camera
3) He's terrible at playing games

My old lady watches all his videos
1) agree
2) thankfully not seen this
3) agree x2

she also watches markiplier(?) which I can tolerate in the background while doing something else.

Its mostly people who want to see what the latest games are like and about but don't have the skill or money to play them. Oh, and the back seat gamers, of which my old lady is the worst.

News Comments > Star Citizen Patched
19. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 17:31 crypto

SarcasticNews.com  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2014, 15:23 crypto

Cox Joins Push for Ultrafast Broadband. Thanks Slashdot.

Is it just me or does the article fadeout and registration required to read the rest?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 21, 2014, 20:53 crypto

I would love cheaters getting sued!  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer May 21, 2014, 20:44 crypto

gameplay? where? the car scene...?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2014, 21:01 crypto

vacs wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 14:00:
8GB is the correct answer, agreed. The question was way too easy

But again, as it has been mentioned at least 24937 times before, do NOT disable the pagefile, not even with 512GB of RAM!

There is a reason for this file to exist on Windows machines, keep it enabled!
Totally disagree.

The pagefile does more than only swap out data which doesn't fit into your RAM.
True, windows does lots of legacy operations on data in RAM and puts data out to page regardless if you have the room in ram. They think if it ain't broke, reuse it... so old ways of dealing with RAM are still at work.

It also untrue that the pagefile will slow down your system if you have plenty of RAM.
I know from experience that it is in fact true. Thankfully I don't have to because someone else did
In summary, in every case a page file was quicker... although in almost every case the positive difference was considered "statistically insignificant" I know for a fact that the minor differences add up very quickly over time. The benchmark also didn't use the system for 8+ hours switching programs or startup and shutdown of those programs repeatably. This is where the most noticeable difference is and shows whats going on with windows.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2014, 21:22 crypto

Does this mean your finally going to wash your feet blue??  

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
43. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 21:18 crypto

Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:28:
Strango wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:08:
MacLeod wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 10:02:
...Without the balance of using actual money to continue or add health, the game doesn't really work. If I can continue an unlimited amount of times, without having to worry about running out of quarters, the danger of the game is gone. I find that you just start barreling through monsters, where in the arcade you actually take your time and try to avoid being hit.

Hammerwatch struck a good balance on this subject. You had a limited number of lives (a shared pool in co-op) and when they were gone that was it. If you restarted it would be back at the first level again. You could earn more lives, but never enough to keep you from playing conservatively. Now with that said I doubt this new title will do something like that, but I hope to be surprised.

Letís be realistic here about the lives and spending quarters. I worked in a movie theater when this game was release long ago. We had the keys to the machine so we would pump it up with lives so we could play all night long. Games like these in Arcades are designed to keep you spending quarters so you can keep drugging through the game. There is no end for a game like this, its made to keep regenerating levels until the end of time.

As for the new version, who knows how many levels there are. But gamers do not want to sit and rehash the same levels over and over again. The nice thing about Hamerwatch was, you could set the option in Coop to unlimited lives, and thatís the way we preferred it. No one wanted to die and the restart all over again because one person kept dying and using up all of the lives.

You canít compare an arcade type game with your typical games of today. Most games these days have re-spawning. No different then having unlimited lives.
I watched a guy wrap the game on one quarter. Gauntlet legends, ultimate remake. Captured the essence of the original and so much more.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 15, 2014, 19:09 crypto

bhcompy wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 15:07:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 14:54:
first Sony shafted us with extremely low stock of PS4's compared to other regions, and now they're raising the prices? thanks for screwing your customers over...

this pretty much makes the Xbox One Titanfall bundle for $50 more a better deal.

The CAN lost value. That's how economics works

The difference from release date to now is 20$... that is not economics that is gouging. 25$ ok sure, maybe even 30 but 50 is absurd.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 2, 2014, 12:19 crypto

AT&T patents a system to rip-off high-bandwidth customers.

fixed

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 26, 2014, 15:44 crypto

ok I don't call it stealing if you extend your network into my home.  

148 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo