Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Drenter

Real Name James Drenter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DrEnter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer for almost 30 years now. Pretty much just PC games anymore.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2010, 21:27
Total Comments 5 (Suspect)
User ID 55866

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2012, 15:24 DrEnter

If it really is just a small bone fragment, and this is very likely (picture the edges of the hole after pulling a big nail out of wood and you'll get the idea), it really is *very* minor to remove. If you need anything at all, a small topical anesthetic like lidocaine is probably enough, a truly tiny incision, and then maybe just one stitch. So really, no worries.

-- DrEnter

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2012, 15:56 DrEnter

The Blood and Chrome trailer has been pulled from YouTube, but IO9 still has it.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2012, 13:53 DrEnter

I went through this very thing almost exactly a year ago. I don't envy you the next few days, but it really wasn't too bad. I didn't need the sinus lift, though, so yours will be a bit worse than mine. I can say that this is the hard part; the implant you'll get in a few months will be much less painful and stressful than the extraction.

Incidentally, while it doesn't do this in most places, on a recent trip overseas my implant set off the airport metal detector in Hong Kong. So that might be a thing.

In response to some of the other comments: There actually is quite a bit of work going on to grow replacement teeth in situ instead of using implants. The "growing" process is actually faster than the current implant process (which takes about a year from extraction to new tooth).

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2011, 13:38 DrEnter

Finally! A use for the knowledge gained in my brief time working at Pizza Hut during my younger years (one of those real Pizza Hut restaurants you don't see anymore, not one of those "to go" only places that the kids seem to like these days)...

What you describe is called a "party cut", and is available upon request from most pizza places. In pizza circles, I believe it is generally considered to be bad form to do it unless it is specifically requested, even with a square pizza (which should be cut into long rectangles so each piece has a crust "handle").

-- DrEnter

P.S. - Yay! I participated!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 17:36 DrEnter

Really, really sorry to hear about your father. You are going through one of the hardest things you can. There are no rules for grief, so don't be afraid to take time for it or make room for it.

Wishing you better days ahead,
DrEnter

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo