Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2059 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 19:27 Jivaro

born2expire wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:22:
As much as Im digging PoE no mention of the Ranger pet bug? I've already been forced to start over (from lvl 5) and had to kill my Ranger in my 2nd play through.

The only pet bug I have seen is when they get stuck on an object near the edge of a screen or room. Saving and reloading fixes it. Is there another one I have had the luck of not experiencing yet?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
55. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:21 Jivaro

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:14:
Jivaro wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:01:
These threads never fail to entertain.

Or make me want to drink.

I hope no one here gets cancer of any kind.

I'll drink to that!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 30, 2015, 17:11 Jivaro

Talyn wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 14:47:
Resolution? Eh, I can't really tell much of anything on my 1080p plasma. It's either doing 1080i or 720p but I can't really make a difference, it looks fine to me sitting 8' away from the screen.

How big is your TV? If it's bigger than 32", like a 42"-50" or more, that's actually really good to know that I don't have to worry about a noticeable drop in picture quality.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2015, 17:03 Jivaro

"Oh yeah, let me just add you to my friends list random unidentified person. When has that ever gone wrong for anyone? Not."

"Wait...are you hawt?"

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
50. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:01 Jivaro

These threads never fail to entertain.

Or make me want to drink.

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features
17. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features Mar 30, 2015, 16:04 Jivaro

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 13:52:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 13:02:
InBlack wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:35:
nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:16:
I always think of Pete Burns when I see the Dead or Alive games. And not "extra creepy post 2000 good lord what have you done to your face Pete?", but more like "late 80s, Boy George knock off" look...

"You Spin me Right Round baby Right round"...

Dead or Alive was actually a decent pop band, way better than that Culture Club trash, I guess it helped that their music was fucking hilarious most of the time...

JUST LEAVE BOY GEORGE ALONE!!!11

Do You Really Want To Hurt Him????

Do you really want to make him cry????

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 30, 2015, 11:28 Jivaro

I dig the PS TV, but than again.....I am only using it to stream the PS4 games to another TV. (example: wife is watching TV when I want to play Madden) For that it works great and is totally worth the current price tag. I look at it as a PS4 accessory, not a separate console. It's cool that I could use my Vita games with it but I haven't done it and I doubt I will.

edit: If there was one thing I wish they would have thought of is the output resolution. It supports 720p and 1080i. Not 1080p. The TV I use it on currently is not a problem because it's only 32" and 720p is the native resolution. That's why it's the "backup" tv. When I upgrade my TV in the near future I was planning on a 50" HDTV since even the most basic ones support 1080p these days. It sucks that the PS TV won't make use of that. Than again, with my old eyes, it is questionable whether I will be able to tell the difference or not. Some of you seem to have superhuman visual acuity where as I seem to be either much less picky or just have crappy eyes.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2015, 11:39.

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features
5. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features Mar 30, 2015, 10:04 Jivaro

necrosis wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 10:01:
Why do they even bother?

Yeah, I am a little puzzled myself. This PC release has been a clusterfuck from the beginning.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
68. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 02:32 Jivaro

Two GOTY candidates released in the same week. Not bad.  

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
18. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 22:36 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 22:13:
@wtf man
I wonder if there are mods that might make the Witcher more tolerable by now.

I found this mod at nexus and it is the only reason I was able to finish the game. I too hated the control scheme in the release version.

Full Combat Rebalance @ Nexus Mods: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/237/?

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
14. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 21:26 Jivaro

GoG just happens to be at that point in their history where they are still enjoying getting screwed. That will change.

My faith in the average customer is...well...I have none.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2015, 11:38 Jivaro

Sony really should avoid firmware update reports that have sentences that contain the phrase "will bring an onslaught". Just saying.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2015, 11:37 Jivaro

Mass Effect 3 is not free on PSN according to this link. The trial version of Mass Effect 3 is free (of course) and that's only in Europe. The full version is on sale though.

The original story you linked to Blue was wrong, it has been updated twice since it's original posting. What's the matter..don't you check all your links 10 times a day after posting? Damn man.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 25, 2015, 00:15 Jivaro

I have been reading about Disney messing up everything awesome in the world for years now....and yet I haven't seen it happen yet.

I guess I just like their brand of messed up or something.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 19:04 Jivaro

I personally didn't get enough enjoyment out of the base game to want a DLC that appears to basically be a reskin mod that offers more of the same game. At least bring a new companion character into the fold or something if I am going to be reaching into my wallet for double digits.

As everyone else said...maybe when it's on sale. I love the Dragon Age "universe" but this game just didn't grab me. I can't see myself spending more money than I did to buy the base game unless the DLC really comes across as something special. I am a bit bitter though. I lost my main save to one of the patches and haven't restarted the game since.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2015, 23:53 Jivaro

If you own a PS4, PS3, PSP, or PS Vita...Sony just started a flash sale that has 70+ games listed at 1 dollar or cheaper. All old stuff of course, but some pretty good deals. The downside is that only 4 of the titles are available on the PS4. The upside is that of the 72 games available for the PS3, the overwhelming vast majority appear to also work on either the PSP or Vita (usually both) without having to pay extra. Sale ends on the 23rd. No idea if this sale is the same or even exists outside of the US, maybe some of the PS users from other places can clarify on that.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/20/flash-sale-now-live-deals-under-1/

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2015, 15:47 Jivaro

Slick wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 14:06:
care to cite one example of a game getting it's servers cut after one year?

edit: tl;dr = Nope, I can't. What I meant by "nothing new" was that this is the direction they have been slowly going for years now. Each year support gets shorter and shorter for releases in this genre.

------
NBA2k14 servers go down this month. 1 year and 5 months after release. Probably would have been sooner but the release of the next gen consoles probably forced everyone to keep everything out there a bit longer.

MLB 13 The Show servers went down Nov 6th of 2014. This year it's even shorter, yes, but again I think that had to do with the next gen console release last year. Otherwise it probably would have EOL'd around the same time as 14 will.

Madden stops with roster updates and Ultimate team packs weeks before the next Madden is released. To their credit, matchmaking services have, to my knowledge, always lasted at least 2 years.

Each year it seems like the amount of support time gets shorter. Is it exactly a year? Nope, sometimes a bit longer but not much. Do they shut down everything? Not in all cases, but if they stop certain things people move on to the next game anyway. (like Madden for example)

The point is, and was, that these days they basically sell you a sports game for the specific season it's made for.

There are exceptions. The Top Spin tennis series has a game from 2008 that still has it's servers running. As far as I know EA keeps the multiple versions of FIFA's servers running. I haven't played one for a few years so I am not sure on that. Generally speaking though, this is how they have been leaning for years. If not cutting the match making servers, cutting various services in the older game so you are more likely to "upgrade" to the newer game.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2015, 16:06.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2015, 11:16 Jivaro

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 10:43:
Shineyguy wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 10:01:
Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 09:51:
MLB 14 The Show support shutting down in June?

What the fuck? It's not even a year old yet. Holy shit Sony.

Sony is probably pulling an EA. Ending support for this game because it's yearly follow up is coming out soon.

Doesn't EA give more than a year?

Nope, not really. Sony and 2K don't either, this isn't new. I mean, there is some overlap sometimes but generally speaking the major publishers stop offering support, servers, updates, etc for their sports franchises the moment the next year's version comes out. Depending on the sports game sometimes you can continue to download user created content like rosters and playbooks...but even that will eventually expire as well.

I love my sports games but the downside of any purchase is that after one season your game will never be feature complete again.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 19, 2015, 22:38 Jivaro

Julio wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 18:34:
Can the Xbox One handle 1080P-60fps even of Rock Band?

zing...

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month
14. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 15:44 Jivaro

It is too bad so many people have trouble with it. I am also running it just fine but the feedback from the overwhelming vast majority of players seems to be that it stutters like hell way too often. It is interesting that my system is similar to Bats except for three main differences: He has 16gb RAM, I have only 8. He overclocks, I don't...but I am running the same CPU and I have a GeForce 760.

No idea why it gets along with my rather non-flashy and somewhat vanilla setup. Luck over skill I guess.

2059 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo