Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1540 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
7. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:54 Jivaro

Linksil wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:30:
Played through all the beta weekends. Maybe I have played too many MMO's but it's more of the same and not greatly done. The world does not even grip me enough to think about buying then paying for this.

I think that it would be fair to say that the development team is trying too hard to satisfy "everyone", which of course leads to satisfying absolutely nobody. I differ from you in that I do find the world interesting, but I am not blind. They could end up with a very mediocre game that doesn't appeal to TES fans or MMO fans. I mean, that is basically what a great many people think the game is already. It really is too bad, I kind of feel like SWG is happening all over again. So much potential....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
2. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:28 Jivaro

I know I am in the minority here, but I am currently a fan of the game based on my latest experience in the beta. After my first weekend I was a bit disappointed but I have found it more entertaining the more time I have had with it. I dig the trailer, they did a nice job with it. I am disappointed that they are choosing to put something like a "race" in a CE. I don't think that is a very well thought out decision.  

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
8. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 16:35 Jivaro

smackdaddy wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 15:36:
Ha appreciation month is the shortest month of the year.

Too funny

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 28, 2014, 09:57 Jivaro

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 09:46:
Microsoft Reportedly Relaxing Xbox One Kinect Requirements, Giving GPU Power A Boost.

Good Luck With That.

"I am giving her all she's got captain!" -Scotty

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
16. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 16:19 Jivaro

wait a minute...

I get seasick playing FPS games because of the FOV? I could play them again if I could adjust the FOV? Here I thought it was just me getting old. Is there some sort of magic number or is it different for different people?

News Comments > Valve Beta Streaming Impressions
25. Re: Valve Beta Streaming Impressions Jan 27, 2014, 15:03 Jivaro

Panickd wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 13:25:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 12:32:
Can a single gaming rig stream more than one game to multiple devices at a time? For example, if I want to play Skyrim on my laptop and my step-son wants to play *insert random FPS here* on his laptop, could we do that? Does it have to be local network streaming or can I do it from a hotel room 500 miles away?

Sorry if this was covered already...new to this particular topic. I haven't been paying attention to it.

Nope. To use the streaming service you must be on the same LAN and you must log in to the two instances of Steam with the same login. If you attempt to login on a third device it will ask you to logout on one of the other two devices. So, same local network, two login limit.

Edit: I haven't tried launching a different game directly on the host machine from what it's streaming but I can't imagine that Steam will allow that.

Loose Cannon wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 13:19:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 12:32:
Can a single gaming rig stream more than one game to multiple devices at a time?

No, I doubt it. The game is physically playing on the host machine (ie, I could sit in my dungeon as my wife streamed Broken Age, seeing the video/audio/input).

Thank you to both of you for the answers.

News Comments > Valve Beta Streaming Impressions
12. Re: Valve Beta Streaming Impressions Jan 27, 2014, 12:32 Jivaro

Can a single gaming rig stream more than one game to multiple devices at a time? For example, if I want to play Skyrim on my laptop and my step-son wants to play *insert random FPS here* on his laptop, could we do that? Does it have to be local network streaming or can I do it from a hotel room 500 miles away?

Sorry if this was covered already...new to this particular topic. I haven't been paying attention to it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2014, 00:09 Jivaro

Redmask wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 23:16:
Prez wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 21:48:
My wife's best friend has a child with severe autism and she blames it on everything from vaccinations to gluten in food products. She swears she has reams of materials from alternative medicine doctors that proves vaccinations cause autism. I just kind of change the subject when she starts talking about how regular doctors are in kahoots with big pharm and the FDA in keeping it secret. I mean what can I say to someone who honestly believes that?

I remember some guy on here thought that and got taken apart by a bunch of us. Vaccination does not cause autism, there is literally no science to support it and you can tell her she might as well believe the boogeyman did it. People just need something to blame so they latch onto anything because then it gives them an enemy to fight instead of facing reality that sometimes you have shitty luck and are powerless to change the situation.

That and a great many parents have guilt. They shouldn't but they do. I have a type of epilepsy. There is nothing in my genes or medical history that you can point a finger at and say "that did it". My mom, to this day, has a lot of guilt stored up....as if there was something she could have done or changed to make it not happen. Fortunately she hasn't felt so guilty as to blindly start believing in conspiracy theories and unscrupulous people that take advantage of those people that are desperate for answers. (Jenny McCarthy for example)

It's a treacherous world out there when there are so many unknowns. From doctors to snake oil salesman, there are a bunch of assholes that take advantage of vulnerable people and it can be hard to tell who is for real and who is scamming you or looking for their next lab rat. Sorting through it isn't as easy as checking for a degree because some of the folks with degrees are just as shady as any locked up street criminal, perhaps more. Unfortunately, some people seem all to willing to be taken advantage of in their desperate search for something or someone to blame.

News Comments > Dungeonforge Kickstarter
5. Re: Dungeonforge Kickstarter Jan 25, 2014, 13:08 Jivaro

Fion wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 12:59:
As to Dileverance, it does have a witcher vibe. I actually own but have yet to play Witcher 2. As awesome as I hear it is I still haven't finished the first game. But with Witcher 3 coming, I really need to get on the ball and play them both.

I was at one time trying to get myself to play the 1st Witcher game so I could continue on to the second....but I can't. Every time I start to play it I put it down in frustration within the first hour. I am sure there is a good story in that game, I just can't find a fun game in it. The controls and the UI drive me batty. I have decided to just use Youtube to catch up on the story line and than play Witcher 2...and hopefully not run into the same problem. It's odd for me to have this problem, usually I am not very picky when it comes to gameplay mechanics if the story, art, music etc are all well done and they seem to be in this game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
34. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 17:18 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 13:33:
NBA Live 14 is a train wreck, you might want to rethink that.

Yeah, anyone thinking that leaving NBA2K for NBA Live would be an improvement is in for quite the shock. NBA2K is suffering from Madden syndrome...NBA Live was supposed to be the competition that fixed that...but it is terrible. Sports games in general seem to be on the slide. (Unless you dig golf or hockey. Both sports have entries that are very good games on multiple platforms) I love sports video games and I used to buy one from every major sport annually. For a few years I bought Madden, FIFA, MLB the Show, NHL, PGA Tour, and NBA2K. I still buy Madden because I am a sucker, but everything else is determined by sales and if the reviews indicate that there is a big enough improvement from the year before to be worth purchasing at any price. Not being able to get Madden on PC since 2007-08 is a real bummer.

I would be fine with a yearly fee and having *insert sports game here* slowly improve and evolve over time through digital upgrading. Sadly the industry seems hell bent on monthly fees and DLC regardless of whether you buy a disc or not.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2014, 01:49 Jivaro

Bill Borre wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 22:27:
lol. 33. But I wasn't entirely truthful in my responses.

I got 33..and I was...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 23, 2014, 15:43 Jivaro

The American copyright/trademark laws make about as much sense as Ozzy Osbourne. Less actually because you can at least understand Ozzie's intentions most of the time.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2014, 14:53 Jivaro

I bought my Cyberpower with exactly the same components in it that I would have used had I built it myself and it was only slightly cheaper, but cheaper nonetheless. A fact I was grateful for since I A)hadn't bought a pre-built PC since 1994 and B)had a back injury that made it impossible for me to build my own PC.

That said, I tend to buy one step down from top end in just about every catagory of components.(because I am cheap) If a person is buying the latest greatest components I don't know if they would get the same results.

*price comparison was between Cyberpower and a combination of Newegg & TigerDirect.

Alienware has never been anywhere near pricing itself competitively at any level of gaming PC. At least not at the times that I have shopped, which is roughly once every 3 years for the last couple decades. When Dell took over they went from being overpriced to being overpriced crap. (in my humble opinion of course)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blackguards
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 21:38 Jivaro

Good game and it had a *GASP* demo that I could try first. I am buying it at the asking price.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2014, 03:46 Jivaro

Fion wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 19:39:
On a side note, don't buy Alienware. You pay a premium for the cheapest parts they can find.

Alienware = Dell, so yeah..overpriced crap.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
9. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 21, 2014, 23:04 Jivaro

I have a first gen iPad laying around so if it works on that I would play it. If not it's going to have to wait until they make an Android or Vita version.

I agree that it's a well made game, fun too. Just can't really see spending much time playing it on a PC. That is the kind of game I am much more apt to play on on a mobile device.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Deathwatch
29. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Deathwatch Jan 18, 2014, 11:40 Jivaro

TheWeaponeer wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 07:24:
(snip)

You mad bro?

(sorry, I couldn't help it.....)

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
6. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 10:09 Jivaro

Choachy wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 09:58:
They are in the business of making money. And as long as people are willing to pay for it for a game that is over 9 years old, I can't blame them.

I want to disagree with this but I can't. My perspective is one of former player with multiple alts. If I were to come back to the game I would at least consider auto-leveling an alt or two since I had already max-leveled 2 other characters. Ideally I would prefer if people could not purchase a "level up" without actually having earned that same level with at least one character, but I don't play anymore and it isn't like Blizzard is asking my permission.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2014, 01:08 Jivaro

I never knew this before this morning but apparently the Gilligan's Island show creator, Sherwood Schwartz, did something fairly interesting when creating the characters. Each one is based on one of the seven deadly sins. The island itself is Hell.

Lust - Ginger
Gluttony - Mrs. Howell
Greed - Mr. Howell
Sloth - Gilligan
Wrath - Skipper
Envy - Mary Anne
Pride - Professor

He didn't admit to it until years later when he wrote a book about the show and by that time many fans had already started to theorize something similar. There are still some fans that claim that Gilligan actually represents Satan, constantly doing whatever he can to keep everyone in Hell (the island). Schwartz did not make that claim in the book however.

And hear I thought I had spent my after school hours watching some mindless comedy not taking a biblical lesson.

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Cursed" Trailer
13. Re: Dark Souls II Jan 15, 2014, 22:57 Jivaro

Saboth wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 20:31:
I played the heck out of Dark Souls...one of the few games I've played through more than once and actually went through NG+ once or twice. It's kind of a love/hate relationship though, because I also had some of the most frustrating moments in gaming playing it. It's like a girl that looks like a supermodel you love to make love to, but she also maxes out your credit cards.

...and fills out applications for new credit cards.

1540 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo