Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2197 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
4. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 9, 2015, 10:59 Jivaro

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 10:24:
I only got to play for about a half hour last night. It is fun, but like you, I worry if it'll be fun in 6 months.

Off topic but...I was just talking to a buddy the other night about game longevity and how much it really matters to me. Or, actually, how it doesn't. I am not sure I expect any game to last me 6 months. If I get a month or two out of Battlefront before something else shiny catches my eye and I come back to it every time they release some new content I will probably feel like I got my moneys worth out of it. I mean, that's what I do/did with Diablo 3, as an example, and I am have been totally happy with that purchase. The only "regular" exceptions would be the sports and fighting games I like so much, but that's because they have seasons that last a while and I am interested in that part of the game.

If Battlefront manages to be so awesome I am still playing it for any significant amount of time 6 months from now that would be freaking amazing. Normally it takes an Elder Scrolls, Civ, or Heroes of Might and Magic game to do that. I am just not the kind of gamer that has had that kind of relationship with very many games outside of the MMO genre. "Real life" plays a part in that, but I have been like that pretty much the entire 35+ years I have been gaming. It isn't so much an attention span issue as *SQUIRREL*.....

What was I saying?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 10:32 Jivaro

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 09:55:
and it's hard to find words to express my gratitude for all the support over the years

I think folks will agree it's us readers who are grateful! Thank you for your many years of work, it's been very enjoyable!

Congratulations!!!

+1

I couldn't say it any better.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2015, 10:31 Jivaro

Reminds me of that friend who laments the leaving of a spouse or significant other while hung over.  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
2. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 9, 2015, 10:21 Jivaro

I had a blast with it on PC yesterday. There is a lot of stuff locked in the beta which makes it kinda hard to determine anything past "it was fun for a couple of hours". Literally. After an hour or two you have probably unlocked everything you can and seen everything you can in the beta. I am not complaining, that kinda makes sense for a pre-release open beta. It gives you a sense for the general feel of gameplay and it offers a little fan service to the Star Wars geeks. Most people already know if they are buying this game or not and, in my opinion, this beta isn't going to change any of their minds one way or the other.

I will say one thing though: You are at a serious disadvantage if you aren't in third person view in most areas. If playing in third person is a deal breaker for you, don't bother playing.

I am going to put the game down until they add more to the beta or until release, whichever comes first. I might load it up on PS4, just to see the difference.

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
50. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:48 Jivaro

success or failure..this game is some of the greatest entertainment in video game history.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
14. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 1, 2015, 09:00 Jivaro

Sepharo wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 06:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 05:56:
Slashman wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 00:03:
Slick wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 23:42:
the real question here is:

"what's the last disc-based game you've bought?"

The answer is: "I can't frakkin' remember!!!"

I can.... Deponia That was early 2012 and the only reason was that it was literally not available anywhere else.

I'm not positive but I think it was Age of Conan.

Everything I own on PS4 not including PS+ freebies (which is like 16 titles right now) and Heroes of Might and Magic VII on PC....which just released on the 29th of September. (and I am really enjoying btw) My backlog is crazy and I prefer to have physical media so a while back I made a purchasing rule: If I can't get it on disc I can't pay more than 10 bucks. There are a few titles I have yet to play that I want to but I am waiting for the inevitable sale because they don't have physical media versions.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2015, 11:29 Jivaro

Colin's problem is that he is disconnected from the reality of mainstream entertainment. Whether we all agree or like it or not...reality TV, e-sports, etc etc...this stuff is popular with large audiences right now and create lots of money in advertising.

If Colin, and others like him, would stick to what they know and build up that instead of trying to tear down things they don't understand or appreciate they would be much better off. A guy who can't play sports professionally and never has yet makes his money talking about said sports really isn't in a position of credibility to be condescending to a form of entertainment he admits to not understanding, let alone liking or appreciating. It really isn't bullying so much as just being a bit pathetic. I doubt seriously any of the e-sports participants feel threatened by Colin. Their fans aren't Colin's target audience. Clearly.

News Comments > NBA 2K16 Released
2. Re: NBA 2K16 Released Sep 29, 2015, 10:28 Jivaro

Sports games are incrementally improved so when a new version comes out it is usually the "best" version of the game ever but it also might not be that much of an improvement. That said, this year's NBA2K is phenomenal.

The control changes were really needed. They take a bit to get accustomed to if you are a long time player but once you got them you can see why they made the changes. The MyPlayer "story mode" that Spike Lee apparently did is a big improvement over what was being done previously. The card collecting mode that is all the rage in sports games these days is much better than in previous years. It isn't quite the money grab that EA uses in it's games because the grind for the in-game currency isn't as ridiculous. If you want to compete seriously against online opponents you probably will spend money though.

note: I can't speak to the quality of the PC version, only the PS4 version. In previous years the PC version has had some shortcomings compared to the console versions. Missing features, crappy net play, etc. If you are going to buy the PC version read a review of that specific version first.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
8. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 25, 2015, 12:19 Jivaro

If a developer looks at a game and essentially says "I don't know if we could do this and be sure not to fuck it up"...I got nothing but respect for them not doing it. We complain all the time about people cashing in rather than making a good game, it would seem weird to complain about Valve doing the opposite. I also wouldn't expect them to sell off or loan the IP out to someone else. If Valve is worried about disappointing people if they do it themselves it doesn't make sense to hand off the controls to someone else to possibly fuck up.

It isn't like the world is short on games to play.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY V on Steam
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY V on Steam Sep 25, 2015, 11:39 Jivaro

Wow, I am glad I bought all of the Final Fantasy games on PSP sometime ago...they work on Vita and some of them work on PS3...for like 3-5 dollars each. Part of a SE sale I think. There might be one or two missing, not sure. Point is that I installed them all on to one memory card for future playing since since I have never actually played a FF game. (I know, it damages my gamer cred to not even have tried one) No way I would pay 16 bucks for a mobile port of anything.

edit: Okay, wait. If I had a big ass tablets with like a 22"-24" screen, I can think of a few games I might be willing to pay 16 bucks for. None of them are FF games though. For example, X-Com: Enemy Unknown might translate well to mobile. If I didn't already own it on PC and PS3 I could see paying full price for it on mobile...provided I had a screen size worth gaming on.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2015 In-Game Goodies Revealed
3. Re: BlizzCon 2015 In-Game Goodies Revealed Sep 22, 2015, 12:42 Jivaro

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 08:42:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 04:37:
The Warcraft film trailer is suppose to debut during BlizzCon. That's what I'm looking forward to most.

I want a second Diablo expansion. Please please please please...

seconded.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 21:28 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 15:04:
nin wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 14:39:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 14:33:
BobBob wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 12:36:
San Fran?!? Ah, the language of the non-local or 'never been there'. Don't get me started on 'Frisco'.

Sorry pal, the non-local and 'never been there' outnumber you by a pretty wide margin, which means they decide the common vernacular. Which sort of snob are you, do you call it [City By] The Bay as if there aren't a thousand bays in the world, or just The City, like you're holding on to the glory days of the 1800s? Or maybe something else so inside, that only people in your zip code get it?

Apparently they're all like that there...

My brother lived in SF form many years. Made the mistake of saying "Frisco" once and he went on a 5m diatribe.

Never understood any of that. I mean, I am a northern California native who has lived all over the world but has called the Bay Area home for the last 15 years....and if I know what town you are referring to I am good. Call it whatever you want as long as I know what you are referring to. How in the hell is calling it "frisco" a bad thing? That's just stupid.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 14, 2015, 11:34 Jivaro

Between the "Backdoors" and Ashley Madison links there is a joke there...but I will leave it alone...  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 14, 2015, 11:31 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 10:47:
I have a feeling not too many BlueNews posters are preordering Battlefront.

If it makes you feel any better, I am. Looks like a blast to me.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November
5. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November Sep 14, 2015, 11:21 Jivaro

I will probably get this sometime after the holidays. My gaming budget (both money and time) is already allocated for November and December.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 19:17 Jivaro

When a tragedy of the magnitude of 9/11 occurs it is only natural for it to be scrutinized from beginning to end and it is only natural for people of various different beliefs, cultures, and political stances to reach different conclusions when presented with the same facts, statistics, probabilities, and speculation.

All of that said, none of that changes the fact that the victims of that day deserve at least one day, where we remember them and them only. Not a day where we argue about who was responsible, not a day where we debate the same theories we can debate on any other day, and certainly not a day where we display our division rather than our unity. One day to simply remember the victims seems not just the respectful thing to do, it's the right thing to do.

Quote what you want Cutter, it's the Internet and nobody ever wins an Internet argument. Just know that for people who either don't believe in the conspiracies or just want to focus on the lost, your quoted links will fall on deaf ears today. They might have looked yesterday, they might have looked tomorrow, but that isn't what today is for. The day of the tragedy belongs to the victims and their loved ones who grieve for them.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 19:16 Jivaro

*duplicate* please delete?  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 19:04 Jivaro

sauron wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 16:22:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 11:30:
BobBob wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 11:15:
MajorD wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 10:25:
LiTh wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 10:04:
nin wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 09:44:

News Comments > FIFA 16 Demo
4. Re: FIFA 16 Demo Sep 9, 2015, 16:51 Jivaro

I suppose if all you own is a PC than it matters whether there is a PC version of the games or not. It doesn't make whole lot of sense to spend 400-500 dollars on a new console if all you want to play on it is Madden or NHL.

I personally own a console not named Nintendo every generation specifically for sports and fighting games, but I understand why someone wouldn't want to dish out the cash for only a couple of games.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
2. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 16:43 Jivaro

Although the cynic in me wants to take a couple shots at the the "regular updates" and "DLC" sections, the fanboy in me is winning the battle and all I can really say is...

GIVE ME THE DAMN GAME ALREADY.

2197 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo