Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1540 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2013, 15:09 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 09:57:
Yeah Twitter is good for getting attention from companies these days, no one seems to check email anymore.

That falls under the "if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?" category of communication. I mean, of course the tree makes a sound, but since no one is around to hear it...it doesn't matter. Same with email these days. If you ignore that email today, and nobody saw you do it, does it matter? You can always come up with an excuse no one can refute later.

Contrast that with a twitter feed where one pointed question, rumor, etc that might have been ignored had it been in the privacy of an email box is now visible to everyone that follows that account. Not answering might look worse than answering. Everyone knows you saw it too, if only because you just got finished publicly answering questions you did want to answer.

If email is the tree in the forest, twitter is the car wreck in the middle of your commute. You simply can't ignore it, and others are going to slow down and stare too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 10:48 Jivaro

That is indeed the issue...folks that upgraded their hard drive are the ones having the issue....and not even all of them. Also, "brick" is a strong term. This isn't a problem that is on the level of a dead system, like RROD. The OS hangs during boot and the XMB doesn't display. A USB thumbdrive with a working version of the OS, like 4.41 for example, is fixing the problem for those that were capable enough to upgrade their hard drive and are capable enough to roll back their OS.

Still, a weird problem to have though. I am sure someone smarter than me can explain this, but I am confused as to why the size or make of a hard drive would impact a system update. Assuming there is a valid reason for why it impacts an update, I still find it odd that a company that allows customers to upgrade their hard drives and touts that ability as a "feature" would release an update that seems to fly in the face of that policy.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 16:02 Jivaro

Perhaps Best Buy is going to let MS market it's own stuff in those kiosk areas rather than waste valuable floor space with redundant advertising. When Gateway Computers opened up kiosks in Office Max stores that is exactly what happened. All of the Gateway merchandising had to be in the Gateway part of the store, no exceptions. It backfired for Gateway because all of the Dell, Sony, HP, Compaq, etc was in one place...where people could easily compare and contrast....and all of the Gateway stuff was in a whole different area. Since Office Max staff, generally speaking, resented the whole "store within a store" concept, the Gateway kiosks were largely ghost towns and were predictably closed after roughly a year.

Given Microsoft's recent line of failures, it isn't a stretch to see the same thing occurring despite the obvious differences between Gateway and MS as companies.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 00:43 Jivaro

Beamer wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 00:36:
Using my same analogy as before, I could make a TV that's also a microwave, a blender, and a power boat, and charge less than those 4 combined. I'd be delivering ridiculous value for the dollar.

But only if you wanted all 4. If you only wanted one of those 4, well, it would be a huge waste...

Exactly.

A power boat with a built in TV, microwave, and blender would be damn cool. Or, it would be if it was an awesome power boat first, and everything else second. If it was an awesome TV but the boat leaked...well...

*incoming XBone sinking ship analogy*

News Comments > Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support
15. Re: Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support Jun 15, 2013, 18:42 Jivaro

Jerykk wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 16:49:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 16:38:
Incorrect. The first mods will be incredibly detailed nude skins for every female in the game.

You say that as if it is a bad thing.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free
19. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free Jun 15, 2013, 13:20 Jivaro

edaciousx wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 02:31:
did you follow the game informer instructions?

yep...imagine that...

Regional and expired June 18/19. (I think) Doesn't work for me. Can't redeem as a game, can't enter as a promo code, can't click my heels three times and say "BF3E3"....

It don't work. Which is cool. I don't play multiplayer much and am one of the few people on the planet that apparently only likes these games when they have a strong single player aspect. Since none of the DLC adds anything to single player, I am not missing out on anything. Free was a great price for nothing, too bad I missed it.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free
6. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free Jun 15, 2013, 02:17 Jivaro

edaciousx wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 22:29:
nevermind it works!

I can't get it to work, but the expansion is at 50% off right now.

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
16. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 14:35 Jivaro

|oR|jonvall wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 11:06:
Bro, do you even lift?

Fixed that for you.

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
2. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 10:15 Jivaro

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 10:07:
Is there a good reason to carry your source code with you to a trade show? And to the pool bar, at that?

I know right? I mean, I think I can wrap my un-caffeinated brain around taking everything to a trade show...say to my hotel room...for a meeting with other folks in the business or potential investors or whatever.

"We take good care of everything" does not seem consistent with "a bag with a laptop, two iPads, a PlayStation Vita, a Vita test kit, a Kindle Fire, and the code for the company's upcoming LUFTRAUSERS were taken at the Figueroa Hotel's pool bar". That is a strange place to have most of that stuff, let alone ALL of it.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Two
3. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Two Jun 13, 2013, 22:04 Jivaro

I am not, historically, a huge fan of Mr. M. In that interview, he is spot on.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 10:06 Jivaro

Damn. I mean, I know it will most likely come out eventually...but I have really been looking forward to that game.  

News Comments > PAC-MAN Museum Announced
4. Re: PAC-MAN Museum Announced Jun 12, 2013, 01:26 Jivaro

There is a history of video games type museum in Oakland that I still haven't gone by yet. Maybe I will make a day out of it, hit the one in Oakland and then drive down to San Jose.

Sounds fun, even if it does feel kind of weird to go to a museum that is treating something as old and ancient that I remember quite clearly experiencing.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailers
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailers Jun 10, 2013, 22:10 Jivaro

Looked good to me. Both videos. Of course, just like everyone else...have to take a wait and see attitude with these games. Still, good to see gameplay videos. So much of E3 has been suits talking and CGI.  

News Comments > Contra Run and Gun TMed
2. Re: Contra Run and Gun TMed Jun 10, 2013, 10:18 Jivaro

I loved the Contra games. This title makes me wonder if it is for iOS/Android.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2013, 03:17 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2013, 02:14:
Speaking of zombies, The Last Of Us looks pretty sweet. Too bad it's PS3 and 60 bucks.

Creston

Yeah, I am getting it before the summer is out. Looks like a great story.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2013, 11:39 Jivaro

Marvel Heroes in a nutshell  

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014
2. Re: Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014 Jun 6, 2013, 20:52 Jivaro

Always ready for more Serious Sam.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
12. Re: Path of Exile Patched Jun 6, 2013, 13:30 Jivaro

Axis wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 12:47:
The game doesn't hand-hold and is filled with mechanics. The skill tree only appears to be chaotic to new players, once you jump in it becomes less so while allowing extreme customization with all the different skills and loot variables.

And it's a learning curve worth learning, always fun always evolving. Most ARPGs are so generic this is exactly what the genre needed.

The audacity of making the players actually play the game to learn how to play the game. *mind. blown.*

News Comments > Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC
6. Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC Jun 6, 2013, 11:21 Jivaro

ViRGE wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 10:48:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 10:18:
This is really weird. It's been out for so long on consoles and I think the sequel is due this year maybe?
Yeah, it came out almost 3 years ago, in the fall of 2010. LoS2 is still supposed to be due sometime this year.

Doesn't that explain as to why they are releasing the game on a new platform? It is simply a way to build up a bit of momentum coming into the sequel's release. Wouldn't be the first franchise to do that.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 5, 2013, 21:04 Jivaro

So true. I had so much hope for Soul Sacrifice...and I found the demo rather lackluster. Such a shame really. Awesome hardware, crappy catalogue. Currently anyway.  

1540 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo