Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1785 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend
32. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:48 Jivaro

fair enough, I will shut up  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:35 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 18:33:
How about you both STFU, your both pretty, just put on your big girl panties and put in your tampons.

You think I'm purty?! Clown

28. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:10 Jivaro

Darks wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 17:48:
And that's a bullshit line Jivaro, I could care less what you all play.
And yet you cared enough to not just reply, but attack me when doing so.

My argument is about the pricing and how many of you swing on both sides of the fence when it suits your cause. Many of you sit here and claim pricing is everything, so when a game does go one sale for a very reasonable price and someone then calls you out because you are now bitching about the price. Well that just makes many of you look stupid and like your trolling. That was my complaint
I have never complained about game prices as a whole and lumping me into a whatever group of people you are referring to that have is irrational and inaccurate. I made an obvious, and rather innocent, joke about the game's quality. Nothing more, nothing less. I have certainly never claimed that pricing is everything.

Otherwise I could care less if you jumped off a cliff.
Kill myself? Really? None of this seems at all like overreacting to you?

wow.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2013, 18:24.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
36. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 16:29 Jivaro

I was wondering why the money keeps trickling in as well, and then I had this really random experience. My youngest step-daughter turned 21 last week. (I know...) At her dinner party her older sister turns to me and says "Have you seen that Star Citizen game?" My jaw hit the floor. She plays some Zelda and Mario, but I have never known her to really keep up on anything gaming related. Turns out her boyfriend showed the hangar to her...an hour later she had put some money in. Her boyfriend plays CoD and Battlefield, that is literally all of his games. The fact that he knew about this game was shocking. The fact that he is now going to buy a new PC just to play it blows my mind. He says he has a bunch of friends that are doing the same thing. I feel like I woke up in an alternate reality or something.

I also find myself remembering back to the days when Flight Simulator ruled the world. When I was 19 or so I remember all these older guys with their full setups on a computer that was meant to do one thing, simulate flying an aircraft. Those setups cost big bucks but people were willing to pay for it. This is starting to remind me of that as well. I mean some of us here, myself included, have already started talking sticks etc.

I find the skepticism healthy, even if it is getting a bit repetitive. I understand it it anyway. The hype is tremendous and I think a lot of us have gotten to a point where we just expect this industry to kick us in the balls. Still, I myself am going to go ahead and let myself go full fanboy. I apologize ahead of time if I squee or gush all over any future threads.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2013, 15:56 Jivaro

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 10:49:
Don't feel too bad, 37% of our league had the Rams.

I think that is because 37% of our league, myself included, forgot to make their picks before the game. The "experts" picked the Rams, so if you didn't choose, that is what it defaulted to I think.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2013, 17:07.

18. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 15:25 Jivaro

When you start off like that Darks, people have a habit of not reading, or caring, about what comes after it.

I thought the A:CM thing was a one game thing, apparently your whole attitude is that if you like a game everyone else must like it or there is something wrong with them. It is like history is repeating itself or something...

Dead Island is not original in any way, it is boring, and the gameplay mechanics suck. The story sucks. There is literally nothing positive about the game. It is worth exactly zero dollars. On sale for 10 cents I would not buy it because a gum ball would be more fun to chew. As I said previously, if you like it I am happy for you...have it. I think playing the game is a waste of time and paying for it is a waste of money.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2013, 15:31.

16. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 14:54 Jivaro

Darks wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 12:02:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 11:10:
66% off isn't enough.

Why not? Are you cheap or something?

Wow, that escalated quickly. The game is terrible. Glad you liked it, no reason to attack me for not liking it.

1. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 11:10 Jivaro

66% off isn't enough.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:53 Jivaro

You are double posting Blue.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:53 Jivaro

You are double posting Blue.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 21:48 Jivaro

Ya, nobody would want to play one of those. Dead genre.  

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
24. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:17 Jivaro

Looks like an entertaining game I might pick up if the reviews are good. probably not until a good sale though.

It does not however look anything like a Thief game. I have no idea why they don't just start a new franchise instead of doing crap like this. I see a sales failure like Syndicate incoming...but hey...maybe I will be wrong.

News Comments > Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
10. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 14:07 Jivaro

lol..funny story..

I was reading your post just now Nin and I noticed that my wife was reading the thread over my shoulder as I started to type this response. She said, and I quote, "Well that explains it. You are okay with it because you are tacky and everyone else is pissed because they aren't. You have always been tacky."

So..um...yeah....what she said.

8. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 13:39 Jivaro

From the time I backed this I have thought that this is the way it would go down. It was my interpretation of what they wrote at the time. I just assumed that I would get the base game with my pledge but that if any extra content was added I would have to pay for it. I assumed that because I don't recall my pledge description saying anything about additional content being included even though they had said they would be releasing more content after the game was released.

That said;

"If we reach our Kickstarter target of $400,000, we'll be able to deliver the first release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation by February 2013. Following that, our backers will get every update of the game as it's released, for FREE. You get it all for the minimum “get the game” pledge of $15."

Now that I re-read it, with the comments you have linked, I see where the frustration is coming from. For me, I read that same paragraph at the time it was written and understood it differently. I am not going to pretend I don't see where the problem is though. Turning out to be quite the mess I guess. For me personally I have been, and continue to be, looking forward to the game. I can't realistically look at 15 bucks as somehow a "get everything for the rest of my life for free" amount of money. I do understand why some people thought that was the deal however.

6. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 13:27 Jivaro

how so?  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
93. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 26, 2013, 11:33 Jivaro

An article (well, actually a blog) on the Nvidia site following up the partnership between them and Steam on this...

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/09/25/steam-rolling-into-your-living-room/

4. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 11:19 Jivaro

InBlack wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 10:47:
Im guessing the FULL CARMAGEDDON REINCARNATION package will probably cost 50-60$ right? Right? Not everyone is nickle and diming gamers in this day and age, right? Right?

*crickets*

"Once the Early Access programme launches, players will have the option to buy the game content at a variety of tiered prices, starting with the standard game package and leading up to a full package bundle that will include all DLC and all future released material at an all-inclusive price."

Does that not answer your question? Not the exact amount but the part about being able to buy the game in full?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2013, 10:20 Jivaro

Techie714 © wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 12:32:
I just pre-ordred my first Kindle (New Paperwhite).

I could gush for 5 or 6 paragraphs about how much I love the paperwhite Kindles. I won't, I am pretty sure I have already done so here in the past. It is definitely one of my favorite and most used tech gadgets of the last decade.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Judge orders patent troll to explain its ‘Mr. Sham’ to jury. Sep 26, 2013, 09:59 Jivaro

Hilarious...  

2. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 09:52 Jivaro

Yeah, I have always kinda liked the quirkiness of their updates...but sometimes it is bit much. (in a an awkward and unclear sorta way)

That said...I am seriously jazzed for the release of this game. Can't wait.

1785 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo