Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1678 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 15:36 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:45:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:44:
Can somebody post a link to the football site? I cleared my history/cache etc during some problem solving stuff last night and apparently I never bookmarked the page. (apparently I don't recall the name of the site either) Thanks

BeatTheInsiders.com

Thanks

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 11:44 Jivaro

Can somebody post a link to the football site? I cleared my history/cache etc during some problem solving stuff last night and apparently I never bookmarked the page. (apparently I don't recall the name of the site either) Thanks  

News Comments > Arma Tactics Early Access Begins; Release Next Month
9. Re: Arma Tactics Early Access Begins; Release Next Month Sep 18, 2013, 19:53 Jivaro

Whiskers wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 09:04:
It's been out on android and iOS for a while. Here are a few reviews for that. I imagine much hasn't changed.

http://www.148apps.com/reviews/arma-tactics-review/
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Arma+Tactics/review.asp?c=53784

I saw the first review previously and didn't think it was all that relevant since it complains about the controls largely, which I would imagine are quite a bit different on a PC.

The more helpful review is the second one from pocketgamer, which I hadn't seen. I hope they iron out some of those glaring flaws in the beta because "on paper" this sounds like a fun game.

News Comments > Arma Tactics Early Access Begins; Release Next Month
4. Re: Arma Tactics Early Access Begins; Release Next Month Sep 17, 2013, 23:36 Jivaro

This totally looks like my kind of deal..would be very interested in hearing opinions if anybody from around here is actually in the beta.  

News Comments > New EA CEO
1. Re: New EA CEO Sep 17, 2013, 20:50 Jivaro

It is actually a very interesting choice.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
46. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 18:37 Jivaro

Closed Betas wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 18:19:
so my investment of time for money, grinding gold and weapons to sell them... legally is now being taken away.. See you in court Blizzard, you just can't do that.

thanks for that laugh.

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
18. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 17:33 Jivaro

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:39:
Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:53:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 12:01:
FYI, according to a friend of mine, even if you haven't bought Saints Row IV yet you can claim this free DLC. Which means you will have it when you do get around to buying and installing the game. I can't check this for myself really, but I thought I would pass it on.

Nice one, Jivaro. It does work! Hah!

Indeed, thank you! I had uninstalled the game, wasn't going to reinstall just for that, but I clicked the play now button from the DLC page, and it's credited to my account.

Thanks!

Glad to hear it, will pass it along to "my friend".

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
33. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 15:22 Jivaro

descender wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:18:
"Hacks" are all client-side, aren't they? They rarely have anything to do with the server. 99% of all cheats involve either showing you more data that is already being sent to you by the MP server (think wall hacks), or manipulating the data you are sending to the server (think aim-bots).

Largely, yes.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
28. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 14:51 Jivaro

If this game flops it has nothing to do with crowdfunding, pc gaming, or even the space combat genre. It would have everything to do with Chris Roberts and his crew. Same thing if it succeeds.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 14:48 Jivaro

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

Diablo 3 Auction house closing it's doors.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
14. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 12:03 Jivaro

que the 90+ comment thread based on the predictions of success and failure of this game...  

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
13. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 12:01 Jivaro

FYI, according to a friend of mine, even if you haven't bought Saints Row IV yet you can claim this free DLC. Which means you will have it when you do get around to buying and installing the game. I can't check this for myself really, but I thought I would pass it on.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2013, 02:15 Jivaro

Redmask wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 00:45:
Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 17:29:
But that'll never happen and you know it. A camera phone is only meant for quick snaps of stuff.

You really need to see some photos with the cameras in an HTC or Nokia Lumia phone. Camera phones are getting pretty good and advances in consumer cameras are starting to slow down as demand moves to smaller lens and micro cameras.

The Nokia one in particular is just awesome at photos. (Lumina 1020 is a 41MP camera right?) I think Sony is on to something with their snap-on attachments as well. People want these all-in-one devices to be good at multiple things, but everyone has a particular "thing" they want it to be REALLY good at. A real estate agent, for example, would DIE for a 41MP camera on the back of his phone. I think that as mobile phone technology advances it won't be just the cameras that get ridiculously better, I think we will see some niche devices that focus on other technologies as well. (Audio recording, projection screens, GPS, etc)

edit: I just bought a home and I can tell you that if you think camera phones are just for "quick snaps of stuff" you are really behind the times. My agent, the broker, the inspection crews....they are all using the camera part of their phones for both stills and video for everything from reporting to marketing to documentation. Detail and clarity are important in these deals. Casual "quick shot" type of deals aren't going to cut it. From a tech nerd stand point it was kinda cool to see which devices each particular profession was using and why. Everybody did everything with one smartphone and one tablet. I did not see a single person use a standalone camera, video camera, or even a laptop for that matter. The roof inspector was showing me things on the roof via skype from his phone to mine during the inspection, him on the roof and me on the ground. Pretty cool stuff and it shows how far the tech has come in a short period of time.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2013, 02:28.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2013, 22:59 Jivaro

Kosh401 wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 22:20:
Battlefield 4 + Premium for 25% off aint too shabby..

I agree. If you are a fan, you probably won't get a better deal than that in the near future.

News Comments > Endwar Online Announced
6. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 10:28 Jivaro

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:44:
Hrm, a browser based MOBA from Ubisoft... free to play...

I think they have effectively used all the catchphrases required for me to NEVER play this game.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Unlike what seems to be the majority here, F2P in itself doesn't bother me. Even titles that can arguably qualify for P2W don't really bother me. I am not a fan of the MOBA genre, but I am not shut off to it either. I have never played a browser based game that I enjoyed for longer then 5 minutes but I recognize that it's only a matter of time before a good one comes along. Ubisoft is still in my doghouse, but they have made some significant strides in the last year as a company and with UPLAY that I view as much more customer friendly. All of that said, combine all those things into one game and I can't really see myself playing it...that's a whole lot of "meh" for one game.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2013, 10:35.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
52. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 18:35 Jivaro

I never knew you all were so color and style conscious. When I move into my new house I will make sure to hit you all up for interior decorating tips.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 9, 2013, 14:13 Jivaro

As a person with a secondary TV in the bedroom, a Vita, and a planned PS4 hooked up to the TV in the living room...the Vita TV is exactly the device I would want and the price seems completely reasonable.  

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 9, 2013, 14:11 Jivaro

LurkerLito wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 12:59:
I like Dragons Crown, though on the vita, there is slowdown when there is a lot going onscreen. And the small size of the screen makes me lose where my character is sometimes. It's very much like the old type Final Fight like game, there are several areas, but are always the same and you replay them over and over to do the "quests". There are various take Path A or B paths, that change it a little bit, but for the most part you are playing the same levels you visited before again. There is the aRPG-ish aspects to it with loot, and buying spells and I guess skills for warrior classes, but no points distribution. The inventory system is a bit convoluted IMHO, for example, you can only look at the loot you have found at the end of the level or in town, so you won't know if you got good gear till then, and can't use it till the next level. You can get multiple bags where you can setup different weapons and armor, but you can't change your bags except at town or at one of the branch points in a level. You can equip multiple weapons in a single bag, but that eats up a bag slot, so something else will be reduced, like armor or healing potions.

Thanks!

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 9, 2013, 10:55 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:01:
The PS Vita TV seems like a really cool execution. Everything the Ouya wanted to be and utterly failed at. Lets you play Vita games on the TV using a Dual Shock 3 (or presumably a DS4), use Netflix/Hulu on that TV and connects to the PS4 as well. For $100 that seems like a pretty good deal.

The other new Vita model drops the OLED screen for an LCD and loses the AR/Touch Screen stuff. They still can't price a memory card to save their life though, the friggin PS Vita TV is cheaper than the 64GB memory card they just announced.

Edit: oh and the Vita TV plays PS One Classics and PSP games too, nice.

Yeah, I am onboard for the Vita TV as well. I dig my Vita and have gotten a lot of use out of it. Anybody buy Dragons Crown btw? Curious what folks thought of it around here.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
8. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:41 Jivaro

Seems appropriate to me as well Blue. Then again, I don't instantly get annoyed by things I am not expecting or feel jarred by color schemes. I do find it highly predictable that this particular readership would prefer anything Twitter stay as far away as possible and that you make as few changes as possible in terms of the appearance of the site. Historically, we haven't handled change well.  

1678 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo