Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1697 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:53 Jivaro

You are double posting Blue.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:53 Jivaro

You are double posting Blue.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 21:48 Jivaro

Ya, nobody would want to play one of those. Dead genre.  

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
24. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:17 Jivaro

Looks like an entertaining game I might pick up if the reviews are good. probably not until a good sale though.

It does not however look anything like a Thief game. I have no idea why they don't just start a new franchise instead of doing crap like this. I see a sales failure like Syndicate incoming...but hey...maybe I will be wrong.

News Comments > Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
10. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 14:07 Jivaro

lol..funny story..

I was reading your post just now Nin and I noticed that my wife was reading the thread over my shoulder as I started to type this response. She said, and I quote, "Well that explains it. You are okay with it because you are tacky and everyone else is pissed because they aren't. You have always been tacky."

So..um...yeah....what she said.

8. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 13:39 Jivaro

From the time I backed this I have thought that this is the way it would go down. It was my interpretation of what they wrote at the time. I just assumed that I would get the base game with my pledge but that if any extra content was added I would have to pay for it. I assumed that because I don't recall my pledge description saying anything about additional content being included even though they had said they would be releasing more content after the game was released.

That said;

"If we reach our Kickstarter target of $400,000, we'll be able to deliver the first release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation by February 2013. Following that, our backers will get every update of the game as it's released, for FREE. You get it all for the minimum “get the game” pledge of $15."

Now that I re-read it, with the comments you have linked, I see where the frustration is coming from. For me, I read that same paragraph at the time it was written and understood it differently. I am not going to pretend I don't see where the problem is though. Turning out to be quite the mess I guess. For me personally I have been, and continue to be, looking forward to the game. I can't realistically look at 15 bucks as somehow a "get everything for the rest of my life for free" amount of money. I do understand why some people thought that was the deal however.

6. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 13:27 Jivaro

how so?  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
93. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 26, 2013, 11:33 Jivaro

An article (well, actually a blog) on the Nvidia site following up the partnership between them and Steam on this...

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/09/25/steam-rolling-into-your-living-room/

4. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 11:19 Jivaro

InBlack wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 10:47:
Im guessing the FULL CARMAGEDDON REINCARNATION package will probably cost 50-60$ right? Right? Not everyone is nickle and diming gamers in this day and age, right? Right?

*crickets*

"Once the Early Access programme launches, players will have the option to buy the game content at a variety of tiered prices, starting with the standard game package and leading up to a full package bundle that will include all DLC and all future released material at an all-inclusive price."

Does that not answer your question? Not the exact amount but the part about being able to buy the game in full?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2013, 10:20 Jivaro

Techie714 © wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 12:32:
I just pre-ordred my first Kindle (New Paperwhite).

I could gush for 5 or 6 paragraphs about how much I love the paperwhite Kindles. I won't, I am pretty sure I have already done so here in the past. It is definitely one of my favorite and most used tech gadgets of the last decade.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Judge orders patent troll to explain its ‘Mr. Sham’ to jury. Sep 26, 2013, 09:59 Jivaro

Hilarious...  

2. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 09:52 Jivaro

Yeah, I have always kinda liked the quirkiness of their updates...but sometimes it is bit much. (in a an awkward and unclear sorta way)

That said...I am seriously jazzed for the release of this game. Can't wait.

73. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 19:48 Jivaro

dubfanatic wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 19:42:
Hey guys, hardcore PC gamer and Blue's News commenter here. For various reasons, I'm incapable of understanding the perspectives of others. Also, I have a huge sense of self-importance, even though my life's greatest achievement was being named Taco Bell #4853 Employee of the Month for June 2010. Due to these two things, and that I don't have a use case for Steam OS, I feel correct in making the blanket statement that Valve is wasting their time developing this. Since I have no idea how corporations delegate tasks and assign resources, I believe that this effort is taking development time away from a game that I want to play. Finally, because PC gaming is the only thing I actually enjoy in my pathetic farce of a life, I am absolutely livid about this.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Please note I have absolutely no interest in debating any of my positions.

I got all the way to the end before I realized you were being sarcastic...it sounded so normal all the way up until you said you didn't want to debate it...

42. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:46 Jivaro

Just dropping this here...

http://i.imgur.com/UbnwGnI.jpg

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2013, 14:22 Jivaro

LMAO!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2013, 14:15 Jivaro

Brace yourselves everyone....Valve just announced the Steam hardware beta. Threads of ludicrous speculation, fanboy jizz, and hater-ade by the gallon.... incoming!

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2013, 14:22.

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
41. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 10:41 Jivaro

So, out of curiosity InBlack, would it be fair to say that you prioritize the corporate data over the sexual harassment? Not being sarcastic, serious question. From where you are standing, is it fair to say that you believe that it is more important to punish her for her actions then it is to punish him for sexual harassment? I mean, you seem to be absolutely pissed that she is getting away with something here and completely unbothered by the fact that he might in fact also be getting away with something.

I ask because that is what I am getting from your posts. It is irrelevant whether I agree or not, but I am curious if that is how you would summarize your opinion.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 10:30 Jivaro

While I think Fibro is on crack if he thinks that SSD was ever on the table for this generation or that a mere 50 dollars would cover the difference in manufacturing cost for a realistically sized drive....I also think that the idea could very well be a reality with whatever consoles we see in the generation after this one.

So there you are Fibro, it isn't that you are wrong...you are just ahead of your time.

(my positive spin for the day)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 24, 2013, 21:49 Jivaro

LOL...I bet they do...  

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
23. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 21:32 Jivaro

That's why I referred to the outcome as simply "interesting". It isn't like he didn't harass her (he basically admitted that), but it isn't like she didn't knowingly fuck over the entire company because of his behavior. The outcome is the result of the court telling both children to go to their room. At least that's how it appears to me. The apology is more for Stardock's benefit I would imagine. They probably want to hire women in the future without the shroud of having been complacent in sexual harassment hanging over them. I can't blame them for that.

Whether you put sexual harassment on the same level as deleting company files (or vice versa) is a totally different discussion...and now a largely irrelevant one.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2013, 21:41.

1697 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo