Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1683 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 09:58 Jivaro

Verno..I see Banner Saga in your playlist. My backlog is crazy but i was thinking about picking it (and Blackguards) up. What do you think of it so far?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RIFT Expansion Plans
5. Re: RIFT Expansion Plans Jun 26, 2014, 02:15 Jivaro

I think all he meant, and all most people mean when they use the term, is the type of interface used for combat. It is generalizing and non-specific, but it's hardly something to get worked up about.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2014, 11:43 Jivaro

The blame game in San Francisco is in full swing with Lucas choosing to take his talents collections to Chicago. It's true Lucas wasn't very willing to compromise, but honestly, he shouldn't have had too. First the America's Cup now this. The board of directors over at the Presidio needs a reality check. They are behaving like these people don't have other places to go with their tourist attractions/money making opportunities. If I had a business in that area I would be screaming for some heads to be rolling.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2014, 14:47.

News Comments > EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans
9. Re: EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans Jun 23, 2014, 13:39 Jivaro

I don't really play any multiplayer FPS often enough to have any experience with it. I personally haven't had any troubles with it but that isn't saying much when you have been exposed to it as infrequently as I have.

I have just always wondered how it made money for the original developers and why there wasn't more competitive options for publishers to use instead of Punkbuster. Online games are such a huge money maker right now, you would think the market would be full of Punkbuster clones by now. Maybe I just don't know of them because it isn't really part of my interest in our hobby.

News Comments > EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans
7. Re: EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans Jun 23, 2014, 13:06 Jivaro

Out of curiosity, does Punkbuster make money for it's developers in a flat one time license fee or does it make money over time based on amount of users or is it something else?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2014, 12:27 Jivaro

You can easily disable the hotspot service on your cable modem, just not as easily as most people would expect or like. The link on the website that says it will let you "manage your XFinity Wifi" doesn't actually do that, it simply tells you "how awesome" it is. What you have to do is call in, like I did just now, and spend 10 minutes listening to pay-per-view ads and 3 minutes talking to a real person.

Also, spend the extra 5 minute to do the survey and tell them that the option to disable/enable the hotspot should be on the website so that you don't have to call in to customer support. They don't want you to call in to customer support anyway, so tell them how they can make you less likely to do so. Even if you aren't actually going to do the survey, say you will anyway...it gets you bumped up to the front of the line in terms of getting a tech on the phone.

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
43. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 20:49 Jivaro

Yonder, I don't know about the other people but "hate" is mischaracterizing what I said. I don't hate Titanfall. I am simply not interested in it without a single player campaign. I am judging it properly, I am judging it based on what would be fun for me to play. As should everybody with every game. You don't buy a game because someone else is having fun with it. You buy it so you can have fun with it.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2014, 17:22 Jivaro

eDave wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 13:23:
Phoenix in August is awesome. Haboob's man. Haboob's.

Those are just another reason why it is not awesome. there is nothing about a giant dust storm that is enjoyable or comfortable.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2014, 11:57 Jivaro

I have to disagree Blue. Atlanta in the summer is just not the place to be. Anywhere where heat and humidity collide is not good IMHO. Phoenix in August for example...is also just horrible. I do agree that a city that has a great mass transit system is a plus. Has E3 ever been held in San Francisco? That would be a great place for it. (I am totally showing my West Coast bias now...)  

23. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:32 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:16:
It would be much nicer if they would do the Sony Playstation Plus version of game trials and let you play for a few hours whenever you want to play and the few hours were actual gameplay hours.

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. Particularly given the size of some of the downloads these days.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jun 20, 2014, 11:09 Jivaro

I grew up in a town where 3/4 of the population is Native American. The entire reservation finds the Redskin name to be a slur. Does it keep them up at night necessarily? No, but I think that is because most of them have much more pressing issues to deal with on a daily basis that are more relevant to their own existence. As do most of us here. If you stopped them on the street and asked them though, they would say that they would prefer if the name was not used. How do I know? Because even "way back" in 1990 this was a topic and a Little League team in my area was renamed after a community survey and town meeting was held. Something similar is happening in San Jose, CA right now as well. In my town's case I believe they changed the name to something like "the Warriors" but kept the Native American logo. Everyone seemed to be cool with that.

The only part that is at all interesting about this entire dispute is why a small group of rich non-Native Americans are so attached to the name that they won't let go of it even if it were "only" a vocal minority asking them to change it. I would think that even if it were a small percentage of Native Americans it would still be worth it to change the name. It's a sports team...the fans aren't going to go root for someone else because the name changes and they somehow get confused as to where their team went....lol. I mean, at this point everyone knows they will have to change the name eventually, regardless of whether you agree or not. So why are they still fighting it? Seems like a waste of money and a great way to get all the wrong kind of PR.

To be clear, I totally understand the people that believe that society has jumped the "politically correct" shark. I believe that as well. I just think that this particular point of contention is the wrong one to draw a line in the sand about. There are plenty of individuals out there that seem hell bent on being offended by something somebody said or something somebody did and it is ridiculous. This is about a sports team name and a franchise that makes billions of dollars off of a racial slur. It just isn't the same thing as the vast majority of the crap the media likes to whip people into a frenzy about. Not even close. I do agree that the senator(s) getting involved is more of a political vote grab than anything else, but that doesn't really change much about the actual point of it all.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2014, 11:23.

16. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:48 Jivaro

If this game had a true single player component, even one of those COD 4-6 hour things, I might give it a look on PC.  

News Comments > Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com
8. Re: Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com Jun 20, 2014, 02:15 Jivaro

I picked up the Wing Commander stuff too Bats. Really looking forward to going through it again. I know it's going to be painful on the eyes and all..but something tells me I am still going to love every minute of it.  

News Comments > Ms. Splosion Man Replaces GFWL
1. Re: Ms. Splosion Man Replaces GFWL Jun 20, 2014, 02:12 Jivaro

I had forgotten all about this one. Looking forward to giving it a go.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
30. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 14:28 Jivaro

Tumbler wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:43:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:37:
I am not a CR fanboy who would pay money for an autographed piece of used toilet paper

IT'S A TOWEL YOU MONSTER!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
17. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:26 Jivaro

PropheT wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:23:
Now they're rocking sales for games that aren't even out yet. Not that I'm complaining, but... seems weird.

I think they kind of have to....they have been doing this so long the long time users have probably already bought all the old stuff..lol

23. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 13:37 Jivaro

It would make more sense to start off with default "arcade" type controls and let the simmers adjust to their wants/needs, rather than the other way around. I mean the hardcores are the ones that even understand most of those terms etc. But this is what alphas are there for and it all still looks good to me.

I can not begin to tell you people how weird it is to feel like I am nearly alone as a non-cynic with regards to this game. My wife is constantly bagging on me for being too cynical. I find it very humorous that while I am not a CR fanboy who would pay money for an autographed piece of used toilet paper, I am not any less enthusiastic about this game than I was when the project began either. I must be mellowing in my old age. (or it could be that the 35 dollar price tag just doesn't yank my chain hard enough to make me care about every little thing that may or may not be going wrong)

17. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 12:36 Jivaro

I take it they can't simply make it so a player can choose between "arcade" and "realistic" (complete with fine tuning adjustments to just how real it really is) because one side or the other would have an unfair advantage in PVP?  

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
9. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 12:09 Jivaro

I didn't ask for this.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 12:25 Jivaro

Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:13:
Nathos wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:01:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

I enjoy when someone uses an incorrectly attributed quote to prove stupidity.

I tried to track this one down once, just out of curiosity. I found this quote in an issue of the 1929 New Yorker, attributed to Einstein. Than I found a few others that were even earlier, including one where one man attributes it to Benjamin Franklin. Do you know who is actually given credit for it Beamer or is it one of those quotes that basically everybody has said? (which is what I decided was the case...)

1683 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo