Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1813 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2014, 10:01 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:22:
Infamous Second Son goes gold.

Sooo faaar away...gonna be a long month.

My step-son is looking forward to this one too. I downloaded both of the original games when they were on PS+ and he fell in love with them. I have played the first one but not the second. Probably ought to get on that. Damn backlog....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
5. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 09:55 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:38:
They should name a patch "Creston's Disappointment".

or "Everybody's Disappointment".

I guess it could be worse. Egosoft could just leave it as is...start working on the next game and not patch this one. Hopefully they make it right. Workshop support is an interesting addition.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
6. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 10:32 Jivaro

I suppose if I had to pick only one ARPG to play it wouldn't be D3. Fortunately I don't have to pick just one.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
39. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 22, 2014, 14:28 Jivaro

Redmask wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 09:46:
Every Star Citizen thread on this place is interchangeable.

yep.

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
71. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 19:53 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:02:
Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 14:45:
It's not, but I'm not sure that after living in the US for 12 years that's really a distinction anymore.

My wife has lived in the US for 12 years, still can't speak English.

I keep telling you man, you have to let her have some kind interactive media in that basement. A TV or something. I am not saying you have to actually unlock her chain from the bed or let her use Internet. Gods no! If you want her to learn the language she has to hear people using it though. People she isn't in fear of. When you speak to her she isn't focusing on the words, just the tone of your voice. She needs to hear other people using the same language. Obviously you can't let her interact with other people so a TV is a good substitute. If not a TV at least the radio. Also, make sure her daily rations have plenty of protein. Helps the brain.

(in case anybody is incredibly dense, that is a joke)

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
44. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 18:47 Jivaro

According to Ken Levine (source: FB page), the following companies are coming to the recruitment day organized for February 26th.

Demiurge
High Voltage Software
GSN Games
Crytek USA and Crytek (global)
BioWare/EA
Retro Studios
Certain Affinity
Insomniac Games
Sledgehammer (Activision)
Treyarch (activision)
Vicarous Visions
Neversoft Entertainment
Turtle Rock
Fireforge Games
Gearbox
Xamarin Inc
Red 5 Studios
Windward Mark Interactive
Avalanche Studios
Hasbro
Sucker Punch Productions
Turbine
Bethesda Softworks / id Software / zeniMax

This is so the employees being let go can find a new job. It's a cool thing to have the recruitment day in the first place. Many companies wouldn't bother and no company is obligated to do anything of the sort. It's a very cool thing to get a guest list like that together for it.

News Comments > Sacred 3 This Summer
5. Re: Sacred 3 This Summer Feb 19, 2014, 18:03 Jivaro

I loved the first two, looking forward to another one.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2014, 23:19 Jivaro

I got my link about 45 minutes after I signed up. The notice about the newsletter mailing list was on the very first page. I remember because I thought twice about signing up...but ultimately decided the music was worth the extra two seconds it would take me to put their newsletter in the "send to spam" list if it bothers me.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Feb 12, 2014, 02:05 Jivaro

Gonna have to side with Beamer on this one.

Smedley has ZERO reason to "kiss up" to Schilling. The concept makes no sense. Given his position at Sony, I am going to lean toward what appears to be a fairly logical train of thought based on a perspective from at least somewhat near the situation. Unlike most of us.

The reality is that Smedley didn't say anything we don't already know. RI shouldn't have made the deal in the first place, Schilling got in over his head monetarily, than the political mess that had already been brewing buried whatever hope was left.

I would note also that this is pretty much a dead issue and piling on a guy that is fighting cancer seems more than just a bit cold.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 13:59 Jivaro

ItBurn wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:53:
Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.

OH. NO. YOU. DIDN'T.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Sony sells off VAIO PC business amid prolonged industry slump Feb 6, 2014, 20:04 Jivaro

Too bad. I have bought 3 Sony Vaio laptops and they have all done well for my family. Only one of them had any hardware issues, a loud hard drive, and Sony's customer service took care of it in less than a week. Going to have to find a new brand I guess.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 22:11 Jivaro

I pay the 39.99 a year student rate currently. When that expires and I have to pay the normal rate I am fairly certain I will pay it with no issues. I too could go as high as 120.00 a year and not blink. Amazon covers so many bases with the service and my membership covers me, my wife, and our three kids. They would have to start asking for 15-20 dollars a month before I would even bat an eye.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 19:25 Jivaro

I don't buy near enough physical goods to make this offer from Newegg worth it. In fact, comparing it to Prime seems wrong to me. Probably because I use Prime's digital media library (books, music, movies, etc) much more often than I use the free 2day shipping. I would probably be more excited about this if I shopped at newegg more than once a year..  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
33. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 15:34 Jivaro

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 13:47:
What star rating does a hotel with face melting sink water get?

awesome...

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 13:33 Jivaro

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 12:21:
snip
lol...nice try.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 5, 2014, 12:05 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:53:
Playstation Now is being presented as a digital emulator essentially, bringing PSOne, PS2, and PS3 games to the PS4 and Vita.

Well, streaming, but yes. Everything is done on the back end, with none of it locally (my understanding, at least).

Yes, you are correct. I should have said streaming.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 11:27 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:18:
1badmf wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:12:
if it can flush shit, it can flush shit paper. i say fuck it, flush away. not leaving shit-coated tp around in a basket to add its aroma to soviet russia.

Sometimes it's not the toilet or localized plumbing you need to worry about, it's the municipal sewage system that can't handle it.

Which is exactly why the issue is so concerning. We immediately read a sign like that and think "TP can stuff up the toilet?"...but that isn't what they are worried about. Think about how many people are going to be in that place. Now think about how fucking messed up that will be if the municipal sewage system can't handle TP. Things could get, er...rather gross, rather quickly. I was thinking about that as I browsed over a series of pictures showing a great many missing manhole covers. I guess the hotels aren't the only thing still under construction.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 5, 2014, 11:23 Jivaro

Playstation Now is going to have growing pains. Provided Sony is willing to stick them out I think it will come along fine. Anyone expecting it to be an overnight success would be an idiot. Pachter thought Plus was going to be a failure as well. When they hit one million subscribers he changed his tune. I don't blame him though, Plus seemed quite rough at the beginning, there was the whole hacking thing, and the network struggled. Sony had to make changes and they worked. All I am saying is that Pachter is making the safe bet now because he knows he can change it later.

Besides, he seems to have missed the point, at least the "advertised" point. Playstation Now is being presented as a digital emulator essentially, bringing PSOne, PS2, and PS3 games to the PS4 and Vita. He is asserting that it will fail because it won't be able to do something Sony hasn't claimed it will do. That makes zero sense.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
98. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Feb 5, 2014, 11:03 Jivaro

Go home Reagle...you're drunk.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 10:41 Jivaro

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 10:21:
ah boohoo, they don't get luxury hotels in russia, cry me a river man, suck it up, and deal with it.

This has nothing to do with "luxury". The water is orange. The hotels don't have a lobby because they are still in construction. Reservations made months ago aren't filled. Eleven people sharing a one bed room. This is pretty basic stuff. I know it isn't people starving or dieing of the plague, but it is definitely stuff that is well within reasonable expectations for anybody staying at any hotel.

One picture showed a bathroom that had a sign that read "Please don't put used toilet paper in the toilet, put it in this wastebasket". lolwut?

Another had a sign that said "Don't use the water to wash your face. It has dangerous materials in it" So, um..what can I use it for?

These aren't luxury hotels either. This is the basic boarding hotels built specifically for the Olympics.

I don't know if you didn't read the whole thing or you just assumed this was a bunch of spoiled rich kids...but it isn't what you think it is.

1813 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo