Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1540 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 9, 2013, 10:55 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:01:
The PS Vita TV seems like a really cool execution. Everything the Ouya wanted to be and utterly failed at. Lets you play Vita games on the TV using a Dual Shock 3 (or presumably a DS4), use Netflix/Hulu on that TV and connects to the PS4 as well. For $100 that seems like a pretty good deal.

The other new Vita model drops the OLED screen for an LCD and loses the AR/Touch Screen stuff. They still can't price a memory card to save their life though, the friggin PS Vita TV is cheaper than the 64GB memory card they just announced.

Edit: oh and the Vita TV plays PS One Classics and PSP games too, nice.

Yeah, I am onboard for the Vita TV as well. I dig my Vita and have gotten a lot of use out of it. Anybody buy Dragons Crown btw? Curious what folks thought of it around here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
8. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:41 Jivaro

Seems appropriate to me as well Blue. Then again, I don't instantly get annoyed by things I am not expecting or feel jarred by color schemes. I do find it highly predictable that this particular readership would prefer anything Twitter stay as far away as possible and that you make as few changes as possible in terms of the appearance of the site. Historically, we haven't handled change well.  

News Comments > Irrational Layoffs
2. Re: Irrational Layoffs Sep 5, 2013, 17:42 Jivaro

The headline....I shouldn't laugh, people losing their jobs ain't funny, but....  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2013, 18:49 Jivaro

Bundle Stars is a great site, been around for some time and Blue has linked to them many times. I have purchased 3 bundles from them, no problems.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2013, 14:54 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 14:46:
Ohio man who held 3 women captive for nearly a decade has hanged himself.

I wonder who gave him the rope...

I wish I could say it was me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2013, 13:59 Jivaro

I am in. Some very good games to start the season. My hardest pick was the Giants v Cowboys, although a close second would be the 49er/Packers game.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ultimate Upgrade Pack 2 Released
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Upgrade Pack 2 Released Sep 4, 2013, 13:45 Jivaro

I think she is one of the coolest characters. Her dialogue is awesome. The rest of the characters in the game seem so "more of the same", which is typical in a sequel so I am not bashing it. I am just saying that for me the Tiny Tina character is refreshing.

off-topic: I still hate the inventory system in this game and thus have trouble getting excited to pick it up again. It's a loot game with a seemingly "anti-loot gathering" inventory system. It is my hope that this is a part of the game they completely restructure with the next game.

News Comments > Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M
14. Re: Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M Sep 4, 2013, 13:32 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 12:55:
I was shocked at the posh gatherings..

My sister, who is an attorney and does pro bono work for a charity organization, explained that to me in a way that almost makes sense. When a person that makes $1000000+ a year makes a donation, it tends to be much more sizable than someone who makes 70000+ a year. A charity wants to attract those people, so they have to have offices that those people can feel confident coming to or sitting in. The various events have to have a certain standard of presentation so that the wealthier people are comfortable and thus more likely to open their wallets. In other words, they cater to the rich to get their fattier donations. Obviously it helps that it makes it a lot comfortable of a workspace...I am not playing that off at all...rather just pointing out that there is a purpose to it. I may have a terrific charity for sick kids, but if the office is located in east downtown Oakland, the neighboring building is a crack house, and the closest thing to a parking lot I have is curbside meters....that isn't going to attract the people that can afford to give the most.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 15:23 Jivaro

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
51. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 3, 2013, 13:11 Jivaro

What makes any game "AAA" ?  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
17. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 1, 2013, 20:38 Jivaro

robdot wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 20:08:
I was referring to Xbox sales, why would Microsoft care about total sales on all consoles? So all my previously stated stats are all correct.

I was referring to XBOX 360 global sales as well. Those numbers do not include any other platforms. If it did all of those numbers would be much higher. I would have to look it up again, but I think CoD:BO2 was like 8-9 million across all platforms. (for example) In addition to that, you didn't actually list any stats, or sources for that matter. But, for the sake of conversation, let's say that your assertions were accurate....

My real point was that the numbers don't really matter. The Kinect has not proven itself as a "must-have" device and thus people have every right to question why they "must" pay for one to "have" an XB 180. Microsoft says that just over 78.2 million XBOX 360s have been sold globally as of June 30th 2013. (Wikipedia) Your two example games sold for just over 5 million copies globally (combined). That doesn't exactly make for a compelling argument as to the necessity of the device.

If someone likes the Kinect, or just favors MS, and they agree with it being included with the 180, that is all fine and good. They are exactly who should buy a bundle that comes with the Kinect and pay 100 dollars additional for it. The people who don't, the people who remain unconvinced, they shouldn't have to. MS knows they can't get many developers to use it without a large install base, so they are pushing it out with the system. That would be fine except they are asking the customer to eat the cost on something they don't want....or at least don't have the option to pass on. MS wants you to own one because it makes their version of a multi-platform title unique. I say that if they want that advantage, if they believe in that advantage, then they should pay to get that advantage. If the investment truly is worth it, they will make their money back x1000 as people buy games and systems. As it is, they are asking me to pay and then trust them that games will actually arrive that I want to use with the thing. Seeing how this didn't work out so well with the 360, forgive me if I don't find it to be a smart bet.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2013, 21:30.

11. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 1, 2013, 19:05 Jivaro

9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 1, 2013, 18:48 Jivaro

Kinect Sports, according to what I have found using plain old Google and VGChartz (and I didn't put much time into it admittedly so numbers are unverified), sold around 3 million copies. Dance Central sold 2.5 million. Compare that to Oblivion at 4.2 million. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 sold 4.5 million. Brotherhood sold nearly 4.5 million globally, Fallout 3 sold 4.12 million. So while there are a couple of Kinect games that have great sales numbers, comparing them to mainstream AAA titles that don't require Kinect seems to be a bit of stretch. More importantly, it does nothing to convince anyone as to why the Kinect itself should not be an optional add-on. Why? Because the games are optional.

For example, the Wii Fit and it's balance board sold 22.7 million copies globally. That doesn't include any of the other games that were made that supported the Balance Boards. By your (robdot) logic Nintendo should be including one with every Wii U and marking the price up accordingly and that should make total sense to everyone.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2013, 19:04.

6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 1, 2013, 15:12 Jivaro

Support for voice recognition is a great thing in my opinion. Any features that make gaming more accessible to more people are a good thing from my perspective. I know great many of the fully-functional, non-disabled gamers out there don't get it but this stuff matters to some people. If a person with fibromyalgia can cut even a modest 5-15% of the hand stress from playing a video game by using voice commands, that is a huge deal. edit: of course, devs and publishers have to actually take advantage of the voice recognition support for it to matter...and that is a whole other obstacle...

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2013, 16:47.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 23:44 Jivaro

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 20:59:
Classic Steam logic: "I'll buy A:CM when it hits $5." Then it hits $5 and I think "It'll go lower."

Had the DLC also been discounted as well I might have jumped at it. My backlog is long enough, I can wait until they put ALL of the game up for cheap.

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
12. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 16:37 Jivaro

OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Module Released
62. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Released Aug 31, 2013, 00:06 Jivaro

Tom wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 23:43:
nin wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 22:50:
Hey, if just the hanger can produce 59 posts in one day, just think what happens when the actual content shows up. To me, it shows people are interested. :)

Darn right. And just wait until the Oculus Rift is ready..... might just be a match made in heaven.

+1

58. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Released Aug 30, 2013, 22:30 Jivaro

I am a skeptical person by nature. Some of you however make me feel like I am the eternal optimist. Thank you.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November
3. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 30, 2013, 20:48 Jivaro

Buying these for an iPad I can do. I can't really make a legitimate argument for buying it on PC.  

32. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Released Aug 30, 2013, 14:52 Jivaro

It's an alpha, a test, and it came with a shit ton of disclaimers saying as much. If you find a bug, report it in the appropriate section of the forums...that is the point of the release.

Not to be "that guy", because really I am not trying to be a dick, but if that kind of thing is going to rub you wrong I suggest skipping everything they release until the game goes final. I suspect that this will be a bumpy and long alpha/beta process. They have been pretty straight up about that since the beginning. If this was "rushed", it would have been out 3 months ago and I doubt seriously the code has been streamlined.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2013, 14:59.

1540 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo