Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1697 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2013, 11:43 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 10:50:
Damn you Jivaro Warpig!!!! Shakefist

Pretty sure I finished last, but eh. I'll console myself with again being the only one to pick the Superbowl correctly.

Warpig isn't me I was Jivaro_Dratz....strangely appropriate naming considering my miserable finish.

Grats Warpig!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
4. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 10:46 Jivaro

It's weird. I can't say that i have been as excited about any of the individual sales items this year, but I have definitely spent more money than I did last year. Last year I bought mainly older games that filled out my collection. Sometimes I even had them on CD/DVD and was simply getting them out of convenience. This year I have bought far more titles that have been released in the last year to 2 years. I have also branched out a bit and bought games from genres I usually do not play on PC. Giana Sisters and Spelunky are some of the most fun I have had playing platformers that didn't have the word "Mario" in the title. Overall, I am very happy with the sales....Steam or otherwise. Amazon, GOG, and others have had some great deals on stuff I have been meaning to pickup.  

News Comments > On Sale
51. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2013, 10:37 Jivaro

Anybody have any feedback on "Remember Me" based on actual playing experience? Seems to be a fairly polarizing game judging by the various forums I have been too. Not since Mirror's Edge have I seen so many people disagree about so many basic topics in a single game. I have watched the gameplay videos, I like what I see. I am just concerned that after five minutes I have seen the whole game.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 15:24 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 15:16:
Deadlight looks kinda cool. On the one hand, I love the look, and the other it looks like just a pretty version of one of those flash side-scrolling zombie games.

Anyone play it?

All on it's own, Deadlight is fun and definitely worth that price. The first two-thirds or so is a fun little side scroller. No spoilers, but the ending feels more than a bit rushed and a tad awkward. If you already have a crazy backlog and your looking to get a good deal on a great game with an extended amount of play time.....I would say look elsewhere. If you dig the zombie/side scroller genres, this is a good (but short) addition.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 15:19 Jivaro

If you dig their particular genres, Sine Mora and Spelunky are fantastic games. I personally prefer Sine Mora on my Vita because that kind of game lends itself well to portables but I have it on PC and it plays and looks fantastic. Spelunky, well, it's like Spelunker and Mario had a bastard rogue-a-like child and used a Belmont as the nanny.  

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 21:12 Jivaro

Rattlehead wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 20:37:
Anyone know where I can get Infinite DLC on sale?

*withholds obvious joke*

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 18:19 Jivaro

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 17:38:
Speaking of which, anyone who enjoys RPG and Sim style games should go look at Long Live the Queen on sale via steam for 10% off, but buy it from the developer it's 50% off and you can get your steam key for it here.

Thanks for pointing that out. I picked up two copies. One for my niece and one for me. For me it was like buy one get one free since my niece had just asked me about it the other day.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2013, 13:26 Jivaro

6 bucks for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (Steam) is a great deal if you haven't bought it yet. Even if you end up hating it and quit without finishing it out of pure frustration, you will easily get 6 dollars of value out of the gameplay. Don't forget to investigate what the modding community has done for the game over at the Nexus. It is not the best of console ports...which is why I didn't buy it at launch despite my absolute LOVE of the first game, Demon's Souls on PS3.

I sprang for Unepic (also Steam, 4 bux) as my daily "that looks like it might be fun" indie game purchase during this annual sale. Cheaper than my morning latte and it actually looks like I would really enjoy it. Of course giving up my latte for yet another game being added to my ridiculous backlog is always a questionable decision I suppose.

News Comments > On Sale
41. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 10:14 Jivaro

Jerykk wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 04:13:
GMG is selling Enemy Within for $12 with this coupon code: GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/xcom-enemy-within-na/

Grabbed. Thanks for pointing that out

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2013, 11:48 Jivaro

Merry Christmas Blue and the Bluesnews crew.  

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 05:07 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 01:15:
Anyone have any experience using RPG Maker? How is it?

I am only now getting started with it after buying the "VX Ace" version last year. I have only messed around with editing existing projects so far, but it is pretty easy to fumble through. I have only ever used editors for existing games, I have never used a game creator type of program, so this is all new stuff for me.

I had two reasons for buying it. The community is HUGE. There is a tremendous amount of community created content available for use in projects. Not being a particularly talented artist this was a big bonus for me. There are a great many tutorial videos available on Youtube that are made by community members and aimed at complete rookies. VERY helpful but if you are a quick study you will be fst-forwarding quite a bit.

The other great feature is that it can publish to multiple platforms. I want to make a game for my two youngest nephews, but if my other nephews and nieces want to play it I can push it to whatever they want to play it on. (well, not "whatever"..but you get my meaning) *It should be noted that you don't have to pay a licensing fee should you decide to publish your game, regardless of platform.

I bought "Hero's Tale Enhanced Edition" from ShinyLoot today (for Windows) for $1.00 from their Christmas sale. It is an excellent example of what RPG Maker can do from a technical stand point, even if the story itself is a bit vanilla. Might not be a bad thing to check out if you are thinking of making your own game.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2013, 11:46.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
5. Re: Thief Trailer Dec 18, 2013, 16:58 Jivaro

I know I would be much more optimistic about this game if it wasn't called Thief. That said, I felt the same way leading up to the release of the Syndicate redo and look how that turned out.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 15, 2013, 00:38 Jivaro

I am on hold until they add in ATI/AMD support for gfx. Looking forward to giving it a spin on my old Linux box though. Not really sure why, but the whole project just sounds fun to play around with. Reminds me of an earlier time in this hobby....  

News Comments > Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale
7. Re: Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 12, 2013, 09:55 Jivaro

The entire site is down now.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
11. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 11, 2013, 23:00 Jivaro

Maybe him and Jay Wilson will get together and make a game.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 11:44 Jivaro

Can't wait

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 11:34 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:44:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:21:
Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:08:
The rumors of a yearly iteration involving another internal EA studio just make my shake my head.

I thought EA told their stockholders at the last meeting that their release schedule for 2014 did not have a BF game for console or PC, just DLC packs. There are rumors claiming that isn't true or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

There are rumors based on LinkedIn postings and other stuff that Visceral (I think?) is gearing up to do yearly offshoots with Dice. I really don't want yearly Battlefield iterations for obvious reasons, they can barely release a playable game every 2 years.

I see. Yeah, that isn't so great to hear.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 10:21 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:08:
The rumors of a yearly iteration involving another internal EA studio just make my shake my head.

I thought EA told their stockholders at the last meeting that their release schedule for 2014 did not have a BF game for console or PC, just DLC packs. There are rumors claiming that isn't true or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Returns With No DRM
5. Re: Shadowrun Returns Returns With No DRM Dec 10, 2013, 13:27 Jivaro

Tanto Edge wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 13:22:
I should fix my mission... it's been getting a lot of attention lately.

Link? I like to check out mods by the Blues locals

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
20. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 12:24 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:56:
The console version of Diablo 3 is actually quite good. In fact I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the PC version. They made a lot of good UI changes, the underlying loot system improvements are huge and they actually improved the difficulty in a few areas. Plus I'm a sucker for same screen co-op games, they are too few and far between these days.

Same. I don't like aspects of the gear UI, but in general I found the PS3 demo to be a lot of fun. Particularly in co-op. Kinda like one of the Lego games in that way.

1697 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo