Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1538 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2013, 12:02 Jivaro

This week the hardest 2 picks are both NFC East games.

The Giants are going to Philly. The Giants, under Coughlin and with Eli, are notorious for winning a game that suddenly turns into a string of games and so it is tempting to believe they are starting to find their groove. The problem is that they really didn't look any better against the Vikings, the Vikings just looked worse. Eli in particular looked just as bad as the Vikings dropped what should have been 2 additional interceptions. The Eagles on the other hand are all over the place and really lack consistency. They are however the quicker and more athletic team on offense, defense, and special teams. My gut says Giants, my brain says Eagles. I am going to go with the Giants because ultimately I am not all that smart.

The other hard choice is Dallas at Detroit. Dallas is a pretty good indoor football team but, like Philly, they are extremely inconsistent. If Dallas plays their best game and Detroit plays as mediocre as they have been, Dallas wins. If both teams play well, Detroit wins. I think this is a shootout but it will be a defensive stop that wins the game late and the better defensive pass rush is Detroit. Detroit by a touchdown.

I think the rest of the games are pretty easy to call...no surprises this week.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2013, 15:05 Jivaro

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 14:49:
I have a cat on twice daily meds that frequently adopts the "dear god, YOU TRIED TO KILL ME" look, despite us going through this routine like clockwork...

Yep. My cat is exactly the same way. Same with car rides. She has been on a billion of them and still acts like I am taking her to her death.

Could be my driving I suppose.

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
14. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 11:54 Jivaro

InBlack wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 10:47:
Fuck. Now I want to play Dark Forces....man that was a great game...

Yes, yes it was. Loved that game. Not very often a shooter or a Star Wars game generates that kind of enthusiasm for me anymore. Probably a combination of me getting older and the games not being quite as bold in their design.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 00:12 Jivaro

Acleacius wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 19:11:
Anyone tried Neverwinter Online? As long as it's not terrible, was thinking of giving it a try, but saw we have to install something called ARC. Now worried ARC is something like Origin.

Thanks

Neverwinter Online gave me a month or so of entertainment. Some folks might find it more entertaining, for me it just started to drag a bit. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and some of the custom stuff people are doing with the Foundry are pretty fun. I imagine with an active guild that consists of D&D fans the game gets considerably better. I have only played it solo and an occasional PUG.

As for the ARC thing, its just a unified publisher updater for the most part. Like Blizzard or NCSoft have. No big deal really. I didn't realize it was mandatory now. I have Neverwinter, Champions, and Star Trek Online all on my gaming rig and I still don't have ARC installed. Must be for new installs only if it is required now.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 11:40 Jivaro

I am doing great picking wins/losses....wish my fantasy teams were doing as well.  

News Comments > Avadon 2: The Corruption This Month
1. Re: Avadon 2: The Corruption This Month Oct 15, 2013, 11:33 Jivaro

Sweet. Always ready for another Spiderweb Software game.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2013, 12:47 Jivaro

This coming week is much harder to pick than last week IMO.

The Saints v Patriots game is a tough one in particular. The Pats don't lose twice in a row very often, the Saints aren't as good outdoors on the road as the are indoors or at home. That being said, nobody would argue that "today" the most consistently great teams in the league have been the Broncos in the AFC and Saints in the NFC. Still, my gut says the Pats use home field advantage to give the Saints their first loss.

I don't think the Packers v Ravens game will be all that close. Despite the loss of 50% of their pass rush, Rodgers is starting to hit his stride and the Packers live and die with Rodgers and his O-Line not the defense. It will be a high scoring game, the score might even look close at the end, but the Packers will never be behind.

I think the only winless team to get their first win this weekend will be the Steelers.

News Comments > Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced
3. Re: Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced Oct 3, 2013, 10:29 Jivaro

Somehow the first game managed to completely miss my wallet. Looks like exactly the kind of game I would enjoy. Ugh...my Steam backlog is not getting any smaller dammit...  

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC Next Week
4. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC Next Week Oct 3, 2013, 10:19 Jivaro

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 09:36:
I think it was the TB video I watched, and the game looked like a mess...glad I didn't grab it.

Same. I might pick it up for 5 bucks eventually...out of curiosity...but the gameplay videos look lackluster. I said the same thing about Syndicate however, which has been 5 bucks for a long time, and I still haven't picked it up. I hope it isn't the case but when the new Thief game comes out I think I will have the gaming trifecta of classic franchise disappointment.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually
2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 10:15 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 10:00:
Does anyone actually care for the single player "story" in a Battlefield game?
I thought most people buys BF for the MP.

In the literal sense, I think you are right. "Most" people do buy Battlefield games for the MP. I think the more important question however is "Do enough people play single player or care about the story to develop a Battlefield title specifically with those elements in mind?". I think the answer to that is also yes. I could be wrong obviously, but I am inclined to believe that there is more then enough people who would buy and play another Bad Company game to make it worth the cost of development from a business perspective.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 3, 2013, 02:44 Jivaro

The fix for the concurrent user issue on PS3 was fixed on the server side, not the client. The firmware update was your standard Tuesday patch.

The PS3/PSN update (4.50) was about a bunch of other stuff, for example:

"The PS3 will no longer limit automatic firmware downloads to PlayStation Plus subscribers, a definite plus for non-paid PlayStation Network users. What's more, version 4.50 also brings additional privacy settings to trophies and the ability to transfer data from the PS3 to PS Vita via a WiFi connection."

News Comments > The Phoenix Project - City of Titans Kickstarter
4. Re: The Phoenix Project - City of Titans Kickstarter Oct 2, 2013, 17:25 Jivaro

I am in. Looking forward to seeing if they can pull it off.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
5. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 14:30 Jivaro

To me this is cool. I have been assuming that they were waiting on the next-gen consoles for another Deus Ex game. As for the MMO...well, I do like the genre which makes me more optimistic about the idea. I like already being familiar with the "universe" when I start a MMO as well. That said, I can't blame anyone who would cynical about such a game....it isn't like MMOs have been a bastion of creativity and promise fulfillment lately.  

News Comments > Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend
32. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:48 Jivaro

fair enough, I will shut up  

30. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:35 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 18:33:
How about you both STFU, your both pretty, just put on your big girl panties and put in your tampons.

You think I'm purty?! Clown

28. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:10 Jivaro

Darks wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 17:48:
And that's a bullshit line Jivaro, I could care less what you all play.
And yet you cared enough to not just reply, but attack me when doing so.

My argument is about the pricing and how many of you swing on both sides of the fence when it suits your cause. Many of you sit here and claim pricing is everything, so when a game does go one sale for a very reasonable price and someone then calls you out because you are now bitching about the price. Well that just makes many of you look stupid and like your trolling. That was my complaint
I have never complained about game prices as a whole and lumping me into a whatever group of people you are referring to that have is irrational and inaccurate. I made an obvious, and rather innocent, joke about the game's quality. Nothing more, nothing less. I have certainly never claimed that pricing is everything.

Otherwise I could care less if you jumped off a cliff.
Kill myself? Really? None of this seems at all like overreacting to you?

wow.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2013, 18:24.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
36. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 16:29 Jivaro

I was wondering why the money keeps trickling in as well, and then I had this really random experience. My youngest step-daughter turned 21 last week. (I know...) At her dinner party her older sister turns to me and says "Have you seen that Star Citizen game?" My jaw hit the floor. She plays some Zelda and Mario, but I have never known her to really keep up on anything gaming related. Turns out her boyfriend showed the hangar to her...an hour later she had put some money in. Her boyfriend plays CoD and Battlefield, that is literally all of his games. The fact that he knew about this game was shocking. The fact that he is now going to buy a new PC just to play it blows my mind. He says he has a bunch of friends that are doing the same thing. I feel like I woke up in an alternate reality or something.

I also find myself remembering back to the days when Flight Simulator ruled the world. When I was 19 or so I remember all these older guys with their full setups on a computer that was meant to do one thing, simulate flying an aircraft. Those setups cost big bucks but people were willing to pay for it. This is starting to remind me of that as well. I mean some of us here, myself included, have already started talking sticks etc.

I find the skepticism healthy, even if it is getting a bit repetitive. I understand it it anyway. The hype is tremendous and I think a lot of us have gotten to a point where we just expect this industry to kick us in the balls. Still, I myself am going to go ahead and let myself go full fanboy. I apologize ahead of time if I squee or gush all over any future threads.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2013, 15:56 Jivaro

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 10:49:
Don't feel too bad, 37% of our league had the Rams.

I think that is because 37% of our league, myself included, forgot to make their picks before the game. The "experts" picked the Rams, so if you didn't choose, that is what it defaulted to I think.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2013, 17:07.

18. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 15:25 Jivaro

When you start off like that Darks, people have a habit of not reading, or caring, about what comes after it.

I thought the A:CM thing was a one game thing, apparently your whole attitude is that if you like a game everyone else must like it or there is something wrong with them. It is like history is repeating itself or something...

Dead Island is not original in any way, it is boring, and the gameplay mechanics suck. The story sucks. There is literally nothing positive about the game. It is worth exactly zero dollars. On sale for 10 cents I would not buy it because a gum ball would be more fun to chew. As I said previously, if you like it I am happy for you...have it. I think playing the game is a waste of time and paying for it is a waste of money.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2013, 15:31.

16. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 14:54 Jivaro

Darks wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 12:02:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 11:10:
66% off isn't enough.

Why not? Are you cheap or something?

Wow, that escalated quickly. The game is terrible. Glad you liked it, no reason to attack me for not liking it.

1538 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo