Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1697 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 11:27 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:18:
1badmf wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:12:
if it can flush shit, it can flush shit paper. i say fuck it, flush away. not leaving shit-coated tp around in a basket to add its aroma to soviet russia.

Sometimes it's not the toilet or localized plumbing you need to worry about, it's the municipal sewage system that can't handle it.

Which is exactly why the issue is so concerning. We immediately read a sign like that and think "TP can stuff up the toilet?"...but that isn't what they are worried about. Think about how many people are going to be in that place. Now think about how fucking messed up that will be if the municipal sewage system can't handle TP. Things could get, er...rather gross, rather quickly. I was thinking about that as I browsed over a series of pictures showing a great many missing manhole covers. I guess the hotels aren't the only thing still under construction.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 5, 2014, 11:23 Jivaro

Playstation Now is going to have growing pains. Provided Sony is willing to stick them out I think it will come along fine. Anyone expecting it to be an overnight success would be an idiot. Pachter thought Plus was going to be a failure as well. When they hit one million subscribers he changed his tune. I don't blame him though, Plus seemed quite rough at the beginning, there was the whole hacking thing, and the network struggled. Sony had to make changes and they worked. All I am saying is that Pachter is making the safe bet now because he knows he can change it later.

Besides, he seems to have missed the point, at least the "advertised" point. Playstation Now is being presented as a digital emulator essentially, bringing PSOne, PS2, and PS3 games to the PS4 and Vita. He is asserting that it will fail because it won't be able to do something Sony hasn't claimed it will do. That makes zero sense.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
98. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Feb 5, 2014, 11:03 Jivaro

Go home Reagle...you're drunk.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 10:41 Jivaro

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 10:21:
ah boohoo, they don't get luxury hotels in russia, cry me a river man, suck it up, and deal with it.

This has nothing to do with "luxury". The water is orange. The hotels don't have a lobby because they are still in construction. Reservations made months ago aren't filled. Eleven people sharing a one bed room. This is pretty basic stuff. I know it isn't people starving or dieing of the plague, but it is definitely stuff that is well within reasonable expectations for anybody staying at any hotel.

One picture showed a bathroom that had a sign that read "Please don't put used toilet paper in the toilet, put it in this wastebasket". lolwut?

Another had a sign that said "Don't use the water to wash your face. It has dangerous materials in it" So, um..what can I use it for?

These aren't luxury hotels either. This is the basic boarding hotels built specifically for the Olympics.

I don't know if you didn't read the whole thing or you just assumed this was a bunch of spoiled rich kids...but it isn't what you think it is.

News Comments > John Carmack on Leaving id
23. Re: John Carmack on Leaving id Feb 5, 2014, 01:56 Jivaro

Leaving id was the best thing he could have done IMO. I am just glad he ended up somewhere else that will most likely make something I will thoroughly enjoy.  

News Comments > ReRoll ReVealed
12. Re: ReRoll ReVealed Feb 5, 2014, 00:27 Jivaro

Regardless of the pay scheme, this game has a lot of game mechanics that historically have sounded really good on paper but don't translate into what I would call a fun game. Eat, sleep, exercise? I have to do enough of that in real life. There are a lot of things to love about the premise of this game so I will keep an eye on it, but for me games become tedious when they force the player to do monotonous everyday things. It's just another type of "grinding". I suppose the hardcore RP people who also dig survival games would really love this. The tech behind the mapping process is pretty cool too.  

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
8. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 22:32 Jivaro

This sounds like a full on stress test. Might have to skip that...  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS
9. Re: Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 22:30 Jivaro

Probably to streamline bug fixing. Every OS is like a different platform. Less platforms, easier bug hunting/fixing I would imagine. (i.e. cost efficiency) Just a guess though.  

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
25. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 13:28 Jivaro

bhcompy wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 13:15:
I feel like I'm in another world here. People complaining about a 64 bit requirement, people still on XP, people complaining about bandwidth requirements.. what the hell? Am I on Blue's News or is this AOL?

I am not sure why....we already established long ago the "complaining" was the key, not the the subject matter.

News Comments > EA Class Action Suit Plans
18. Re: EA Class Action Suit Plans Feb 2, 2014, 14:01 Jivaro

The idea that EA would make any decision that wasn't in the best interests of the shareholders makes me chuckle.

I won't pretend to understand this lawsuit, and I certainly can't speak to BF 4's issues since I haven't played the game. I am just going to laugh at the concept that the shareholders are suing the company that got voted "Worst Company" by the customers who generally feel that all EA does is make decisions that are in the best interests of the shareholders rather than in the best interests of making a good game.

That might not be what the actual issue is, I don't care..the concept makes me laugh.

News Comments > Beyond the Sideline Football Announced
5. Re: Beyond the Sideline Football Announced Jan 31, 2014, 23:03 Jivaro

OK, don't quote me on this...but I "think" that while EA still has a license with the NFL and the NFLPA, this last season was the last one where that deal was "exclusive". In other words, I think the NFL, NFLPA, individual teams, individual players, etc can all start spreading themselves around. I think....not sure. Could have sworn I heard something like that not to long ago. Maybe someone else around here knows better and can clarify/confirm/deny.

As for the game itself, I personally want something that will compete with Madden in terms of on the field gameplay. A manager program wouldn't be my thing. Fantasy football can't even keep my attention let alone a management game.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 31, 2014, 21:48 Jivaro

I am not sold on hiring from within considering how broken "within" appears to be from outside Redmond....but if they are going to go from within, this appears to be a sensible choice. Particularly if they force Gates out as chairman. No CEO is going to be able to "be their own man" as long as Gates is around to breath down their neck.  

News Comments > Dark Souls 2 Video
12. Re: Dark Souls 2 Video Jan 31, 2014, 15:04 Jivaro

Stimpack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 14:30:
I think the series might just not be for you, PHJF.

lol..subtle...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 14:51 Jivaro

Am I the only one that read Batman's comments as "the system isn't that complicated if you read up on it" and "since you haven't read up on it here is the basics of how it works" instead of "here is how this perfect system that all of you willingly ignorant people should blindly believe is awesome because I say so" ?

I mean, I think the system sucks too. It technically makes sense in terms of what it was designed to do, it's just that what it's designed to do and why anyone thought that was necessary is highly questionable. I also think that aiming your frustration about that at Bats is highly questionable. He's right, it takes 5 minutes to read up on the system, it isn't complicated, and it makes sense. It doesn't say one thing and do another. The problem with it is the foundation on which it is built, not the structure. (okay, the structure is a tad questionable as well..lol)

edit: And for the love of the spaghetti monster..stop complaining about one country saying one thing and another saying something else. Medicine isn't binary code where something either "is" or "isn't". There are a lot of opinions and a lot of shades of grey to go with a lot of corporate money. Even in countries with socialized medicine that is the case.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2014, 14:59.

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
8. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 12:08 Jivaro

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 11:35:
Hmmm...yea, excited to play it. Serioulsy HAVE NOT bought a game for my PS3 since I got the new one with all of the GoW games on it.....PSN+ is the SHIZZLE!

Yeah, nearly the same here. I got the red one with the new GOW and since than I have only bought Beyond:Two Souls and Madden 25. Everything else I have played has been a PS+ download. That's good and bad of course. I need to get off my cheap ass and pick up Injustice and The Last of Us. So much games...so little time...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:43 Jivaro

But was it six miles in the snow uphill both ways?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2014, 15:14 Jivaro

Hoop wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 15:04:
Why is the Super Bowl played at the MetLife Stadium?
I would have thought it would go to one of the two finalists state capitals.

No home field advantage. At least not intentionally. If a team can make it to the Super Bowl in the same year that their town is putting on the Super Bowl, than I guess they have earned the home field advantage. But originally, like 45 years ago, the idea was to pick a neutral site that would attract as many fans as possible, which is why they change the site of the Super Bowl every year. It is like the NCAA basketball tourney in that way. You have the the bracket matches all over the country at pre-determined sites, all the way to the finals. If a team happens to earn their way to the tourney and gets to play at home that is great for them (Butler did that a couple years ago in Indy) but it isn't something the NCAA tries to make happen. If they could, indeed if every league could, I imagine they would try to put all championships in neutral sites. You can't really say definitively that one team is better than another if one of the teams has a tangible advantage. That's the thought process anyway.

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
7. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:54 Jivaro

Linksil wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:30:
Played through all the beta weekends. Maybe I have played too many MMO's but it's more of the same and not greatly done. The world does not even grip me enough to think about buying then paying for this.

I think that it would be fair to say that the development team is trying too hard to satisfy "everyone", which of course leads to satisfying absolutely nobody. I differ from you in that I do find the world interesting, but I am not blind. They could end up with a very mediocre game that doesn't appeal to TES fans or MMO fans. I mean, that is basically what a great many people think the game is already. It really is too bad, I kind of feel like SWG is happening all over again. So much potential....

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
2. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:28 Jivaro

I know I am in the minority here, but I am currently a fan of the game based on my latest experience in the beta. After my first weekend I was a bit disappointed but I have found it more entertaining the more time I have had with it. I dig the trailer, they did a nice job with it. I am disappointed that they are choosing to put something like a "race" in a CE. I don't think that is a very well thought out decision.  

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
8. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 16:35 Jivaro

smackdaddy wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 15:36:
Ha appreciation month is the shortest month of the year.

Too funny

1697 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo