Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2014 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2015, 10:27 Jivaro

Madden and MLB The Show allow you to import stuff from the previous year/version so that you can pick up where you left off. If NBA2K15 had done the same thing this would be a non-issue.

I uninstalled NBA2K 14 from my Steam library and backed up my local save files without updating to the new "post online server" world so that I can wait for the inevitable community mod/hack that will preserve my player and franchise. I bought NBA2k15 for the PS4 and it is the best basketball game on the platform. It isn't good enough to buy it twice so that I can play on my PC as well. To be specific, it isn't different enough from NBA2K14.

PS: For those who play sports games like I do...MLB The Show 15 is the best sports game on the market on any platform. Unless you hate baseball of course.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
29. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 22:43 Jivaro

Osc8r wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 19:23:
I guess there is a troll for every game
-fixed that for ya

(that's a joke, if it isn't obvious)

No but seriously, obviously it's a subjective thing. People prioritize different things in their games. If lore is your thing and combat is secondary than yeah..any game that has the same priorities is going to be appealing. Not to be Captain Obvious or anything but...well...that seems sort of obvious.

Quinn - I am going to be picking up the Imperial Edition. Not for any real reason other than I can. I was going to make an Imperial for the Daggerfall Cov, so I most likely will take your advice.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2015, 16:17 Jivaro

If you were expecting 10 years than you haven't read the full extent of his crimes and the sheer amount of people he victimized. Once something is on the Internet, it's there forever. Your argument that somehow these people (not just women btw) will "get over it" in some random amount of time is simply wrong. This could be affecting them in many ways for far longer than he is currently sentenced to be in prison.

I read what you're saying about digital crimes being exaggerated by the court system and I simply can't see how that is true in this particular case. Thousands of people are affected by this man's actions. Is any one of them affected as much as one woman would be affected by a rape? I wouldn't think so, but he committed the same crime hundreds of times. He is literally paying the price for only committing it a few times. That wouldn't happen with a physical, "real world", crime. You kill 10 people you get 10 murder charges. You rape 10 women, you get 10 rape charges. His amount of charges are a tiny fraction of his actual crimes. He was blackmailing and extorting people not just copy+pasting videos to a web site. Hell, he even committed multiple counts of identity theft.

He got off easy. Way too easy. Some of that is because some of his victim's declined to testify because they didn't want to draw even more attention to themselves. If this had been your son or daughter that had been victimized by this guy and it was their sex lives that were now permanently on the Internet, I have to wonder if you feel the same way you seem to now. You have some accurate statements regarding the US court system and how it's applied, I just can't see how any of it is true of this particular case.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2015, 19:20. -typos

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 16:05 Jivaro

Drayth wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 12:18:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 09:37:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 03:08:
Must. Resist. Buying...

Stop it with all this positive crap...

Oh gawd dammit...now I am going to buy it...

A bit of advice... Don't just click through the dialogs with the NPCs... Really soak in what is going on for the particular quest... and you will enjoy the game a whole lot more.

This. The attention to detail in this MMO is outstanding. Click random NPC's who are even semi-involved in a quest and they'll often have unique things to say before, during (if applicable) and after a quest.

Good to hear. I was in the late beta process because I had it pre-ordered. It was, as everyone pretty much agrees, quite the mess so I cancelled my pre-order. I am a TES fanboy though and I have been really tempted to give it another go now that it's B2P and so many of the issues I had with the game appear to be addressed in one way or another. I am a guy that spends 85% of the time I am in a MMO playing solo because I have to keep starting and stopping due to back issues. (makes it annoying for everyone else when I have to keep taking breaks...it's why I quit raiding in SWTOR and WoW) A MMO that provides a solo experience worth the price of admission, particularly without a sub, is always going to get my attention.

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 03:08 Jivaro

Must. Resist. Buying...

Stop it with all this positive crap...

Oh gawd dammit...now I am going to buy it...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2015, 18:33 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 15:41:
Cutter wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 14:40:
Julio wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 11:45:
Although what the site operator did is wrong, amazing he got 18 years. Confirms that if someone is to break the law, do it in a way that nets you lots of money. Those people never seem to serve any serious time.

Tell that to Bernie Madoff. 150 years seems pretty stiff. Still, I know what you're saying. Most punishments for white collar crimes is a joke. However, it's not like this guy just stole money. He exploited and blackmailed thousands of people. He was an unremorseful douchebag and still is by all accounts. And he has a mess of other unrelated charges against him. He's a grade A sociopath and belongs in prison for a very long time. Couldn't happen to a more deserving asshole.

Still, it's probably double what it should be. I hate that any crime done with a computer automatically gets double or triple what the same crime without a computer would get. See, Aaron Swartz. Although what was done here was horrible, these women will recover from this in a lot less than 18 years. He could have raped them and gotten less time (US avg is 12 years), and that would have fucked them up for life.

My opinion is completely different. 18 years for all of the people he did this too? A joke. That's way less than a year per person he did this too, and they didn't even file charges for every person displayed on the site.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 5, 2015, 11:31 Jivaro

Apache turns 20

Blue, I saw this pre-caffeine consumption this morning and for a brief minute I was like "(VE3D)Robert is a hell of lot older than 20...."

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Tabletop & Card Games Planned
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity Tabletop & Card Games Planned Apr 5, 2015, 11:28 Jivaro

This....this could actually be quite cool.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 4, 2015, 18:31 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 16:27:
This Is Big- A Robo-Car Just Drove Across the Country.

I, for one, welcome our robot overlords.

Me too.

I am all about robots driving my car. I drive in California Bay Area traffic every damn day and I am here to tell you that human beings are too damn emotional for congested traffic. If all of us where in computer controlled cars, essentially private buses, we would not only be statistically safer due to less car accidents, but we would be tremendously less stressed just in general. I mean hell, I stress the hell out when my wife drives, let alone when some ass cuts me off and forces me to slam on the brakes. A robot driving can't possibly be worse than the current driving experience in urban America.

But seriously, the only downside is that like any network connected tech, it can be hacked.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 16:53 Jivaro

40 was last year for me. So far the biggest change I have noticed is that my doctor has me taking a bunch of yearly tests that I don't remember having to take before 40.

Happy Birthday Half Elf

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 15:26 Jivaro

Microsoft announces new Linux based OS ahead of Win10 release:

hell just froze over.....apparently.*

*April Fool's Day!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
50. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 10:53 Jivaro

Not for nothing but....

I don't know what difficulty level you play on but generally speaking two wizards, two fighters, and a priest are going to fuck shit up in the first half of the game.

Just saying. You might be interested in variety and that's cool, but your party definitely isn't gimped. I only know because I did the same thing as you except I was a fighter to start with. I do totally get the dynamic thing though. It's a cool idea that I wish more games (just in general) considered.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 31, 2015, 10:18 Jivaro

Talyn wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 08:21:
It's a 51" plasma. Pretty sure I have the PSTV set to 720p which I'm used to anyway since I do all my TV / Movie watching via Chromecast, and that streams at 720p. Sitting a few inches from my computer monitor, sure I can tell, but 8' away on the TV it all looks the same to me.

Cool. Thx for the reply..that's good info to have when I go mancave-TV shopping!

News Comments > Raptr Expnds
1. Re: Raptr Expnds Mar 31, 2015, 09:54 Jivaro

"Instagram for gamers" (we still haven't figured out who the original is for)

Millennials according to their user stats and the various tech pages of the world. I suspect a good many of us here have millennials as children...

That being said, that age group is more heavily marketed toward than any other when it comes to gaming, so I guess it makes sense that they would want to throw Instagram's name around as a comparable. Or Twitch for that matter.

Other than tracking what I am playing, I haven't found a good, consistent use for Raptr.

28. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 23:58 Jivaro

Acleacius wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 23:25:
The minor bug I'm experiencing, several times a Sound bug both popping and really loud foot sounds.

Yeah, that one is also going to be fixed with the patch. Currently the only solution is to save, completely quit the game, restart the game and reload your save. Some people claim that reloading the save game by itself works but in my experience you have to actually leave the game completely.

5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 19:27 Jivaro

born2expire wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:22:
As much as Im digging PoE no mention of the Ranger pet bug? I've already been forced to start over (from lvl 5) and had to kill my Ranger in my 2nd play through.

The only pet bug I have seen is when they get stuck on an object near the edge of a screen or room. Saving and reloading fixes it. Is there another one I have had the luck of not experiencing yet?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
55. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:21 Jivaro

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:14:
Jivaro wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:01:
These threads never fail to entertain.

Or make me want to drink.

I hope no one here gets cancer of any kind.

I'll drink to that!

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 30, 2015, 17:11 Jivaro

Talyn wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 14:47:
Resolution? Eh, I can't really tell much of anything on my 1080p plasma. It's either doing 1080i or 720p but I can't really make a difference, it looks fine to me sitting 8' away from the screen.

How big is your TV? If it's bigger than 32", like a 42"-50" or more, that's actually really good to know that I don't have to worry about a noticeable drop in picture quality.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2015, 17:03 Jivaro

"Oh yeah, let me just add you to my friends list random unidentified person. When has that ever gone wrong for anyone? Not."

"Wait...are you hawt?"

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
50. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:01 Jivaro

These threads never fail to entertain.

Or make me want to drink.

2014 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo