Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1708 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Apr 8, 2014, 18:19 Jivaro

Someone just told me that the Crusader's Blessed Shield is killing the player and sometimes their groups members as part of some bug. I would advise not doing hardcore mode with a crusader until it is fixed.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 8, 2014, 13:57 Jivaro

Is that a mouse or a Decepticon?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 12:02 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:56:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:45:
if Jennifer Lawrence plays Starbuck I am going to hurt someone.

Oh God, yes. HAWWWTTTT.

lol...

I didn't know that bit about the Guild. Makes sense from an employee stand point I guess.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:45 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:33:
I was very excited when I saw the "new BSG movie", but it's Yet Another Reboot.

for fuck's sake, hollywood...

I am a person who found the most recent BSG and Caprica shows to be terrible and I still agree with that Creston. 20 or more years goes by and I understand a reboot. Less than 5 though? Really? Are they going to make a movie aimed at the CW/WB tween/teen crowd?

If Jennifer Lawrence plays Starbuck I am going to hurt someone.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:39 Jivaro

Just kinda odd that he had to choose between the two. I mean, lots of people do movies and TV at the same time. Guess the filming schedules just weren't compatible.

I agree with your premise Creston, although it had to be a tough call to some extent. Thrones is a huge hit. People (like me) who haven't read the books or seen the show still know about it because it is literally everywhere. I would argue that even a supporting role on a show like that is a pretty big resume builder and a guaranteed stepping stone to bigger things whenever the show ends or his character is killed off.

Which begs a different question. I haven't read the books or seen the show but I know enough to know that Martin kills people off like Garfield eats lasagna. I am not saying his character is going to die soon, I would have no idea, but if he knows his character has a terminal point in the not so distant future than taking this movie offer is obviously brilliant. I just wonder how HBO will keep people from accepting better paying jobs in the future. Seems like they should have signed him for the duration of the character's "life" if they wanted to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 22:47 Jivaro

XBOX TV boss being unclear on Playstation's TV commitment is....predictable?

I mean I am fairly certain Sony isn't running everything by MS for approval. I read the article and it sounds to me like MS is trying to convince themselves of something more than anything else.

I bought my PS4 for games and if I had bought a XBONE it would have been for games but I would make one observation: Original content is nice and all but if it isn't any good it doesn't matter how original it is. Sony already has it's own TV show and movie distribution platform built into PSN. No third party required. I can watch things I know I want to see whenever I want to see it. From my point of view their commitment seems fairly clear. Am I missing something?

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
18. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 03:56 Jivaro

Krovven wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 01:44:
Rhialto wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 19:48:
9 months later I decide to take a look... I just wrote a post about how unbelievable that an achievement called Judge of Character is still not fixed after all that time.

What bug? I have the achievement and have for a long time.

There isn't a bug with that achievement, that was fixed quite some time ago.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition Apr 3, 2014, 17:31 Jivaro

I would re-buy this game if it was on Android tablets. If they want to make it for iOS, more power to them. The game is great and the more platforms the better. That said, the exclusion of the largest tablet OS on the market seems odd to me.

Also, if you own FTL on GOG, the download available through your account has already been changed. It appears you have to re-download the entire game to get the "Advanced" part. Of course, the "entire" game is 211 MB, so no big deal.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2014, 17:36.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 12:56 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 11:58:
This Amazon FireTV thing looks ballin. Hulu, Netflix, Instant Video and it runs Android so I can probably run XBMC and get all of my local content too. Could finally be a true all in one HTPC. Quad core CPU, 2GB of memory, remote, etc. Not bad for $99, its ability to run XBMC will be the deal breaker for me since I want something that does local content too.

Edit: oh right link - http://gizmodo.com/amazons-fire-tv-everything-you-need-to-know-1556889628

I haven't studied up on it yet, just read some summaries. I would imagine if you are already a Prime member this will be a no-brainer at 99 bucks.

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
46. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 11:27 Jivaro

Zanderat1 wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 10:59:
I don't get this. How is Origin any different from STEAM?

Well, I think it's less Origin specifically that is the problem and more EA. People either don't like or don't trust EA and thus don't like or don't trust Origin.

Saying Origin is just like Steam isn't really addressing the underlying concern. I personally don't give a rat's ass about using Origin. In fact I find that my Origin ID makes playing across platforms with EA products quite painless. I just recognize what other folks see as the problem...which is EA itself. That is pretty understandable all things considered.

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
43. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 10:18 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 08:35:
I already own this on Steam but I guess its good for people who don't. Fantastic game.

I actually activated it on Origin despite having it on Steam. EA and Valve have a messed up relationship history. Games suddenly appear, disappear, have incompatible DLC...blah blah. Yes, most of those issues work themselves out eventually rather than being permanent, but putting it on Origin makes it so I don't really have to be concerned with it. I think I would probably do the same thing with any EA game provided it didn't have a strong Workshop presence that I wanted to use.

That being said, I am not a person who cares about whether a game is on Steam, Origin, Uplay, Desura, Arc, etc etc etc. I have em all and I use them all. I also use things like Raptr and Xfire. Just depends on the game. It is the very thing I appreciate about having a PC, choice and options. I love Steam, but competition is good for the customer base in any industry.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2014, 10:12 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 09:52:
Last of Us on PS4 was a no-brainer, tons of converted Xbros who would probably pick it up after hearing all of the hype.

I have largely skipped the last year of "big" titles for the PS3 because I was betting the farm that titles like "The Last of US" would come to the PS4 one way or the other. Either a complete re-release or through the PSN. So far that has actually been the case, or at least the rumors seem to strongly indicate that it will be the case. The only way this gets better is if The Last of US hist PS+.

News Comments > Runic Cofounders Leaving
2. Re: Runic Cofounders Leaving Mar 27, 2014, 10:02 Jivaro

They accomplished quite a bit in 6 years. Very interested to see what they do now.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
7. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 20:36 Jivaro

I am perplexed why Facebook thinks this was a good way to diversify...but business at that level is beyond me so whatever.

As for the Rift itself, I don't care who owns it. I am still game.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 19:01 Jivaro

What the what.. Facebook buys Oculus Rift?  

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 25, 2014, 02:46 Jivaro

You can get a XBONE on Amazon for 400 bucks now. Comes with Forza. Have to use a code at checkout that they provide on the product page.

I am not sure if it works with the Titanfall bundle.

Still not something for me to buy, but some here might be interested now that the price is the same as the PS4.

Edit: It appears that it was a mistake. They fixed it soon after I posted this. Probably because a bunch of people that saw it on Kotaku went and bought it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 24, 2014, 22:45 Jivaro

I am no EA fan, but I would vote Comcast the worst company of the year, every year. That or Walmart.

There are much worse companies I am sure, but my knowledge of the finance and oil world is fairly superficial. I think in those industries you could pretty much pick anybody.

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 22, 2014, 11:35 Jivaro

shit just got real up in here....  

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
7. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:10 Jivaro

I am thinking I might not log in the first few days or even the whole week. The history of Blizzard indicates that I will only be frustrated by connection issues, bugs, etc. I like the direction the expansion has taken the game, but it will be much easier to actually enjoy the game after the dust settles a bit. If folks here indicate that somehow the launch is going smoothly maybe I will log in sooner but in the past I have found most Blizzard launch weeks to be....frustrating. (edit: Hardly unique to Blizzard of course)  

News Comments > GDC Award Winners
9. Re: GDC Award Winners Mar 20, 2014, 12:42 Jivaro

JayDeath wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 11:52:
Some say The Last of Us is high overrated but others say it's a masterpiece. Hmmmm.

Well, I think that mainly has to do with the type of game it is. Different strokes for different folks and all that. The game relies as much on it's storytelling as it does on it's gameplay. Not everybody enjoys that. Quite frankly, given the success of franchises that basically tack on a story in a lame attempt to make Michael Bay type action scenes seem like they have something to do with one another, I am fairly surprised by just how much recognition this game has gotten both from players and the media. I am particularly impressed given that it is a platform exclusive. I think that is due to the technical quality of the game as well as the exemplary writing and voice acting, none of which can be argued as being anything other than fantastic. Whether or not someone actually enjoys playing it is completely subjective. If all you want to do is shoot stuff and your game collection is mainly comprised of mindless shooters, this is a game that probably slows you down way more than you are going to find fun. (nothing wrong with mindless shooters by the way...gaming is meant to be fun and a great many shooters are incredibly fun)

1708 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo