Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1540 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 10:21 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:08:
The rumors of a yearly iteration involving another internal EA studio just make my shake my head.

I thought EA told their stockholders at the last meeting that their release schedule for 2014 did not have a BF game for console or PC, just DLC packs. There are rumors claiming that isn't true or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Returns With No DRM
5. Re: Shadowrun Returns Returns With No DRM Dec 10, 2013, 13:27 Jivaro

Tanto Edge wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 13:22:
I should fix my mission... it's been getting a lot of attention lately.

Link? I like to check out mods by the Blues locals

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
20. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 12:24 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:56:
The console version of Diablo 3 is actually quite good. In fact I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the PC version. They made a lot of good UI changes, the underlying loot system improvements are huge and they actually improved the difficulty in a few areas. Plus I'm a sucker for same screen co-op games, they are too few and far between these days.

Same. I don't like aspects of the gear UI, but in general I found the PS3 demo to be a lot of fun. Particularly in co-op. Kinda like one of the Lego games in that way.

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
12. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 8, 2013, 19:42 Jivaro

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 17:56:
Just out of curiosity, why the Borderlands hate? Admittedly I didn't buy BL1 until a couple months ago, but I thought the writing and voice acting in BL2 was hillarious....

I think it is less "hate" and more "burned out". I don't know of a lot of people who find shooters or ARPGs fun that didn't like Borderlands, but I do know of MANY people that have played enough of both games to be done with them for some time. I personally can't even be bothered to read the description of the last 2 DLC releases let alone buy them....and I loved BL2.

That said, I think this TT game is a different animal altogether and will be jumping on it. Same setting maybe, but totally different game mechanics. Combine that with TT's history of great storytelling and I am sold.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 11:02 Jivaro

Making up ground late in the season is always tough because at this point we all know what each team is capable of. We are all picking the same teams. You have to hope that you pick the right side on the 3 or 4 games that realistically could go either way.  

News Comments > Open-World Star Wars Game Clues
2. Re: Open-World Star Wars Game Clues Nov 30, 2013, 11:52 Jivaro

I know people are going to jump down my throat, but I have to admit....I just had this vision in my head of a Star Wars game that is this hybrid of GTA 5 and Guild Wars 2....and I liked it.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 12:05 Jivaro

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 12:01:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 11:59:
Kotaku is reporting that EA is working on a new Star Wars open world game. Since "open world" is about as misused a term as "RPG" these days...I suppose that could mean anything.

Grand Theft Bounty Hunter/Rebel, please!

I love the concept, I am not sure I want EA making it that's all. It is supposedly headed by EA Canada, so I guess they have that going for them.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 11:59 Jivaro

Kotaku is reporting that EA is working on a new Star Wars open world game. Since "open world" is about as misused a term as "RPG" these days...I suppose that could mean anything.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 16:58 Jivaro

Is it me having rose-tinted memory glasses...or was this not always the case with consoles? My original XBox worked great, still does, and I don't remember any major issues with the brand at launch. I don't remember any console other than my classic Nintendo having "out of the box" problems before this past generation. Maybe I just got lucky.

..and yes..you have a fair point regarding Gamestop and who I was talking to. At this point, every employee in that store sounded like they just hate all consoles and people wanting them. Not sure I blame them.

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 16:34 Jivaro

Apparently my belief that folks here would actually want to talk about this stuff was wrong. My bad. Forget I said anything. To me, this is the kind of thing that changes my position regarding when to buy...and both consoles seem to be suffering from bumps in the launch road. I'll keep it to myself next time.

OR if you prefer...

Dratz! My super secret plan to unnecessarily smear the prestine reputation of the glorious XBONE has been discovered! I have been planning this for years...and the dastardly Half Elf has discovered me! I will get my revenge! *escapes in a cloud of smoke*

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2013, 16:45.

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 16:31 Jivaro

nvm.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2013, 16:46.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 16:29 Jivaro

nvm. sorry for multiple posts.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2013, 16:46.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 15:54 Jivaro

MindStalker3 wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 15:37:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 15:11:
I wonder how her experience compares to other stores. I can't believe that 75% of XBones are busted out of the box.

No, but it being a problem with a certain batch is highly likely. MS would probably like this information so they can track down the source of that bad batch.

I have to assume MS gets that info from Gamestop eventually. I mean her system has the shipment info for each SKU and SN, and it is my understanding that these returns pop up on someone's system and correlate back to the UPS shipment number. I am assuming quite a bit though. I have been out of retail for over 6 years and I didn't really get into it with her.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 15:11 Jivaro

I saw something interesting this morning.

I have a friend who manages a Gamestop. I went to visit her this morning while on my morning coffee run and she had a line of 4 people at the counter. Each one had a XBone in their hands. All four returned their systems and bought a PS4, the last 2 having to be put on a waiting list because the first two people got the last 2 PS4s in her store. Apparently she was told that people couldn't return broken XBones unless they were doing exchanges, had a receipt, and it was within the 48 hours. (or something along those lines) Since they never told her what the "exchange" has to be for she has been allowing people to change systems all together.

She is convinced her store got a full truckload of busted XBones because something like 75% of them have been returned already, where as only 2 PS4s have been returned to her store since they launched. Interestingly enough, she says she is selling more used PS3s (and PS3 games) than anything else at the moment.

I wonder how her experience compares to other stores. I can't believe that 75% of XBones are busted out of the box.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 25, 2013, 13:09 Jivaro

People still clinging to the "Vita doesn't have any games" thing are just regurgitating old headlines. Not that I blame them, Sony really didn't do much about it so that kind of repetition amongst sheeple is predictable. My wife bought me one for my birthday, so I have had a Vita since launch and if it weren't for PS+ and Skype it wouldn't have gotten half the use it has. It was pretty frustrating for awhile.

The last year, and in particular the last 6 months, has been pretty good though. More then enough games coming in regular intervals, and PS+ actually got more generous. Being able to use it with the PS4 (and in some ways with the PS3) is pretty damn cool as well. Sony screwed the launch up, but I have to give them credit for sticking with it. It's an awesome bit of hardware, so I am glad they didn't just walk away from it. Now if only they would bring the memory prices down to something even close to reasonable.

edit: also, Terraria for Vita sounds like a blast!

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2013, 13:15.

News Comments > FIFA Manager Series Cancelled
3. Re: FIFA Manager Series Cancelled Nov 25, 2013, 11:50 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 11:02:
NBA Live 14 is comically bad compared to NBA2k14. I don't even particularly like NBA2k14, its frustratingly difficult and heavy on the simulation side but I can at least appreciate it's a great game for the franchise player or hardcore fan. NBA Live 14 is good for no one which is inexcusable after its multi-year absence where they were supposedly improving on it.

I know right? NBA Live 10 is better than 14 in just about every way. It's like they tried to make a terrible game. I am accustomed to EA underwhelming me with a sports franchise entry, like Madden or FIFA. I mean the only series they make that is consistently better than the previous year's entry is NHL...which also happens to be the best sports game series in the industry IMO. This (NBA Live 14) however is a whole different thing. This isn't just underwhelming, this is laughably bad in just about every category.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 10:45 Jivaro

Very sorry for your loss Blue.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 12:08 Jivaro

Sorry for your loss Blue...

..and yours Half Elf. It sounds like you have a very healthy way of looking at it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 17:24 Jivaro

I bottomed out again with only 8 correctly picked going into tonight. 1st to 10th in the span of 3 weeks.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2013, 00:20 Jivaro

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 21:23:
mch wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 15:07:
nin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 15:05:
I saw that but was afraid to click on the story and get depressed as fuck...

Understandable. For the most part I've been able to follow it with a smile. It's ridiculously cute and sweet...if inherently sad

OK, I did just read this:
Perhaps the most heartwarming part of this story is the news that Miles, who has been battling acute lymphoblastic leukemia since he was barely two, is currently in remission, and his last chemotherapy session was back in June.

Hopefully he's in the clear!

It was a pretty awesome story to follow all day here in the Bay Area. The newspaper printed a special edition with headlines about Miles as Batkid, KFOG and KCBS radio were both doing updates every hour or so that reported the story in a way that made it sound like "Batkid saves San Francisco", and literally thousands of people followed the events from location to location to cheer him on. It was pretty unreal.

Turns out that the Make-A-Wish foundation has done this twice before. Once in LA and once in Seattle. (I think it was Seattle) Pretty damn cool if you ask me. Even cooler that the kid is in remission. So few times we get happy endings with our news stories these days. The 7,000(!) or so people that it took to make this happen today affected many more people than just Miles. The entire Bay Area was on a bit of high just following the story. Everywhere I went today people were talking about it. Pretty cool stuff.

ABC's report on it was pretty complete.

1540 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo