Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1540 (Pro)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2014, 17:15 Jivaro

I will see credit score checks, department stores, flowers shops, F2P video games, and a great deal more in one day of checking the site. The only thing any of the ads have in common is that they have the word "free" plastered in bold letters all over them.

I just assumed that the ads were targeted at cheap old men that forget birthdays and anniversaries. It seemed like sound logic to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jan 8, 2014, 14:40 Jivaro

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 13:25:
It's not just for games, it has a desktop mode. And it appears to now have ATI support. Oh and if you want to download it, you can get it here.

Thanks for the answer and the link

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
33. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 12:41 Jivaro

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 01:03:
Does it have "action" combat like the past few ES games - which plays kind of like an FPS - or is it combat like WoW?

Closer to the last couple of TES games than WoW.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 8, 2014, 12:34 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 12:05:
Yeah the new DMC was criminally underrated.

Pretty sure that the negative fan reaction to the "emo teen" caricature of Dante before the game even hit the shelves is the reason for that. While it is a fair criticism, Dante is annoying and hard to identify with, the gameplay and quality of the overall game are as good as any game in the genre IMO. I am however a fan of this genre and this specific series however, so take that opinion with a grain of salt I suppose.

1. PlayStation 2 manufacture ends after 12 years Jan 8, 2014, 10:27 Jivaro

12 years and 150 million units sold. Amazing stuff really. One of those things where you have to wonder if that will ever happen again in this industry. I have no doubt that Sony will support the PS3 well into the PS4s lifetime, but will they still be manufacturing PS3s when the PS5 is released? Given the launch of Playstation Now, I doubt it.

I downloaded the "new" Devil May Cry onto my PS3 last night. I have only played a bit of it but I am pleasantly surprised. I am reminded of Bayonetta as much as the previous Devil May Cry games.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 8, 2014, 10:03 Jivaro

I'm lazy, can anyone tell me if it supporting ATI cards yet? My Google-Fu requires caffeine before it will function.  

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
23. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 22:59 Jivaro

I don't think it qualifies as a "next generation" MMO like Landmark appears to. It does a lot of things other MMOs have been doing, and it aims to do them as well if not better, but nothing really new. (some folks would argue that statement, to be fair) That means that if you have always hated MMOs, this game isn't going to change your mind. That really shouldn't surprise anyone. That has been the problem for basically every MMO for the last 5+ years.

All of that said, I like it and I have fun playing it. As a TES fan I like it and as a MMO fan I like it. It's early though and there are plenty of levels to gain and areas to explore before I can form an opinion that should be given too much weight.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
7. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jan 7, 2014, 13:55 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:52:
Yeah it's not a big deal or anything.

Btw, lots of users are reporting a "package corrupt" error through the Geforce Exp thing.

I was just coming back to edit my post so that I could include that warning. It appears the downloaded package is corrupt. I have tried 3 times, all corrupted.

edit: And now it works. Had to find and delete the update package and re-download.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 14:19.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jan 7, 2014, 13:48 Jivaro

I can find the driver update using the GeForce Experience software, but not through the site currently. I imagine if you don't want to use their software the update will appear at some point later today. maybe.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2014, 13:37 Jivaro

Sony has had a big morning.

They announced "Playstation Now", a streaming service that allows owners of PS4 or Vita to play PSOne, PS2, and PS3 games. The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls are confirmed for the first batch of available titles. If you are interested, I found the most informative article at Gamezone, however nobody has any real "in depth" news on the subject, such as exact pricing etc.

They also announced that the changes to SOE subscriptions have been re-evaluated. The point of major contention has not changed much but the overall deal has been reworked. At a glance it looks like a good compromise, but I am not a SOE subscriber. Someone who is might have a different perspective.

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
2. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 11:45 Jivaro

This announcement only supports the widespread assumption that the "Definitive Edition" is quite simply the PC version of the game brought to a generation of consoles that can handle the "spiffier graphics". There really isn't anything to get worked up about here.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jan 4, 2014, 02:20 Jivaro

LgFriess wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 17:25:
PHJF wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 17:20:
Then I suppose you also didn't play the Icewind Dales or Planescape? They're all fuckin fantastic.

Nope but I'm going to be working my way through them. And I have my eye on Tides of Numenera as well. I'll play Planescape first.

I did play Dragon Age Origin which I thought was very, very good but I have to say I enjoy the BG series more. I think I'll be re-playing DA:O though as I just feel I must have missed something considering the fun I've had with the BGs.

Did you play the original neverwinter nights? I would add that to your que if you didn't. Get the platinum edition.

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
41. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 2, 2014, 16:59 Jivaro

It's one thing to argue the motives and where to point the finger with regards to a tragedy.

It is quite another to deny it's existence or occurrence, particularly when so many lost family and friends.

As one of those people who felt the loss, losing two friends in the Pentagon crash, I can only say that I hope you "deniers" never have to experience the same sort of loss to fully understand how hurtful, ignorant, and damaging you are. Hopefully you figure it out without anyone else having to die. It's bad enough you go around spitting on the graves of our loved ones by essentially pretending they didn't die.

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
19. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 1, 2014, 18:41 Jivaro

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 17:40:
Well they had so many opportunities to stop the Boston Marathon bombing and wasted it. No matter how much technology and money they have these big government bureaucracies still suck at doing their job.

It's a human flaw, regardless of government size. We have a really bad habit of missing things that are right in front of us because we are too busy trying to squeeze the truth out of a nearly non-existent option or possibility. It applies to about every level of relationship. Parent to child, husband to wife, voter to politician, law enforcement to criminal. If we were better with the obvious we wouldn't find ourselves feeling the need to focus on the unlikely. There has not been a civilization, let alone a government, that has found away around it. Ever.

As for the conspiracy theorists themselves...let them do their witch hunting. It's good for the cosmic balance to have people so intently scrutinize government and law enforcement because a great many of us are far too trusting and/or lazy. They will be way out of bounds most of the time, but if they are right even 1 time in 100 years...it is probably worth it.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
9. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 14:06 Jivaro

My guess is that nothing will happen on Steam. Bethesda and Valve probably worked out a deal to keep selling them. If they hadn't I am fairly certain they would be gone already. Why Steam and not GOG? online drm I would imagine. Just guessing of course.  

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
13. Re: New Year's Eve Consolidation Dec 31, 2013, 19:49 Jivaro

Just wanted to come back and say, to be clear, that I wasn't insinuating in any way that Live is giving better games than PSN.....or even as good of games. I was just saying that compared to most of the crap they have been willing to give out, Sleeping Dogs and TR:GoL are an improvement. If they were to keep improving, that would be a good thing. I completely agree that the offerings from PSN have been off the hook. Particularly the last year or so.

For my console usage, which is mainly single player, PSN has been an extraordinary deal. Particularly as a Vita and PS3 owner. If I was a huge fan of multiplayer I am not sure that my opinion would be the same. Seems like most Live fans point to that aspect of the network as it's strong suit. Not being an owner of a 360, I couldn't say if that is true or not. I do find it interesting however that games that you get for free on Live are yours even if you stop paying for Live. That does explain a bit of the difference in game offerings, even if Live is a bit more expensive in the first place.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
1. Re: New Year's Eve Consolidation Dec 31, 2013, 11:51 Jivaro

I have long laughed at the "free" content XBOX Live offers compared to PSN but Watch Dogs and Guardian of Light are both really fun games. Good to see MS step it up a bit and I hope they continue to improve the offerings.  

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
84. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 11:09 Jivaro

This thread/topic is like every D3 and Star Citizen thread/topic. The same things being said by the same people over and over again. Nobody actually changes their mind, thread goes on forever, eventually it starts getting silly as people grasp at straws and call each other names.

Let it go people. If I could I would buy everyone in this thread a beer. No seriously, I would. Or maybe a joint. In any event, I love this community but there are some topics you all should just move on from. There isn't anyone here at this site who isn't aware of what Steam is, what it is not, and what it does or does not do. The difference between all of you is your opinion of those facts. Do any of you really think you are suddenly going to spout something that the opposing viewpoint didn't already think of in the past 9(ish) years? Give it a rest.

Clearly Valve has found a compromise that the majority of publishers and customers are okay with while still being able to take in a tidy profit themselves. Clearly there are plenty of people that wish online DRM of any kind would die a horrible death. There isn't a middle ground there really. It's a core difference that affects the viewpoint of the entire business model.

Buy from whomever the fuck you want, bail from gaming in disgust. Do whatever. But for pity's sake, stop spinning this hamster wheel. It has to be frustrating to beat this horse to death over and over again.

At the very least, have a New Year's celebratory beer and pretend I bought it for you.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2013, 11:15.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 31, 2013, 01:00 Jivaro

TI-99/4A was my first, back in 1982 I believe. Learned BASIC on that machine. I was 8 when they bought that thing. My parents wanted my sister and I to be computer literate at a young age. The following summer I attended classes for kids to learn "advanced" programming on TRS-80s. It proved useful over the years but I was bored out of my mind at the time. Programming never really excited me.

Burned me out having them shoved down my throat at a young age to be honest. I was much more into the console gaming than the home computer gaming as a kid. I owned a computer every year of school but I didn't buy my own for home until the Pentium 75mhz was available. That was when I made the switch to PC gaming. It was an IBM machine that was made for the living room. (or so it was advertised) Black, sat flat, had a remote control...didn't really work for shit as anything other than a desktop computer but it looked nice. It had input/output hookups for the audio and video to be meshed with things like your home stereo or VCR, but I was only ever able to use the audio stuff. Can't remember why the video portion was lame. Might have been the prehistoric TV my first wife and I owned at the time. That was the last time I bought a pre-built PC as well.

News Comments > On Sale
71. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2013, 16:03 Jivaro

Jerykk wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 15:57:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 10:37:
Anybody have any feedback on "Remember Me" based on actual playing experience? Seems to be a fairly polarizing game judging by the various forums I have been too. Not since Mirror's Edge have I seen so many people disagree about so many basic topics in a single game. I have watched the gameplay videos, I like what I see. I am just concerned that after five minutes I have seen the whole game.

It's a fairly mediocre brawler with mediocre platforming. The setting is cool and the presentation is pretty slick though. The memory remixes are the most interesting part of the game but there are only 4 of them. For $10, the game is worth a look.

Thanks man, I will throw some money at them.

1540 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo