Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2106 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 4, 2015, 18:31 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 16:27:
This Is Big- A Robo-Car Just Drove Across the Country.

I, for one, welcome our robot overlords.

Me too.

I am all about robots driving my car. I drive in California Bay Area traffic every damn day and I am here to tell you that human beings are too damn emotional for congested traffic. If all of us where in computer controlled cars, essentially private buses, we would not only be statistically safer due to less car accidents, but we would be tremendously less stressed just in general. I mean hell, I stress the hell out when my wife drives, let alone when some ass cuts me off and forces me to slam on the brakes. A robot driving can't possibly be worse than the current driving experience in urban America.

But seriously, the only downside is that like any network connected tech, it can be hacked.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 16:53 Jivaro

40 was last year for me. So far the biggest change I have noticed is that my doctor has me taking a bunch of yearly tests that I don't remember having to take before 40.

Happy Birthday Half Elf

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 15:26 Jivaro

Microsoft announces new Linux based OS ahead of Win10 release:

hell just froze over.....apparently.*

*April Fool's Day!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
50. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 10:53 Jivaro

Not for nothing but....

I don't know what difficulty level you play on but generally speaking two wizards, two fighters, and a priest are going to fuck shit up in the first half of the game.

Just saying. You might be interested in variety and that's cool, but your party definitely isn't gimped. I only know because I did the same thing as you except I was a fighter to start with. I do totally get the dynamic thing though. It's a cool idea that I wish more games (just in general) considered.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 31, 2015, 10:18 Jivaro

Talyn wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 08:21:
It's a 51" plasma. Pretty sure I have the PSTV set to 720p which I'm used to anyway since I do all my TV / Movie watching via Chromecast, and that streams at 720p. Sitting a few inches from my computer monitor, sure I can tell, but 8' away on the TV it all looks the same to me.

Cool. Thx for the reply..that's good info to have when I go mancave-TV shopping!

News Comments > Raptr Expnds
1. Re: Raptr Expnds Mar 31, 2015, 09:54 Jivaro

"Instagram for gamers" (we still haven't figured out who the original is for)

Millennials according to their user stats and the various tech pages of the world. I suspect a good many of us here have millennials as children...

That being said, that age group is more heavily marketed toward than any other when it comes to gaming, so I guess it makes sense that they would want to throw Instagram's name around as a comparable. Or Twitch for that matter.

Other than tracking what I am playing, I haven't found a good, consistent use for Raptr.

28. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 23:58 Jivaro

Acleacius wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 23:25:
The minor bug I'm experiencing, several times a Sound bug both popping and really loud foot sounds.

Yeah, that one is also going to be fixed with the patch. Currently the only solution is to save, completely quit the game, restart the game and reload your save. Some people claim that reloading the save game by itself works but in my experience you have to actually leave the game completely.

5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 19:27 Jivaro

born2expire wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:22:
As much as Im digging PoE no mention of the Ranger pet bug? I've already been forced to start over (from lvl 5) and had to kill my Ranger in my 2nd play through.

The only pet bug I have seen is when they get stuck on an object near the edge of a screen or room. Saving and reloading fixes it. Is there another one I have had the luck of not experiencing yet?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
55. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:21 Jivaro

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:14:
Jivaro wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 17:01:
These threads never fail to entertain.

Or make me want to drink.

I hope no one here gets cancer of any kind.

I'll drink to that!

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 30, 2015, 17:11 Jivaro

Talyn wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 14:47:
Resolution? Eh, I can't really tell much of anything on my 1080p plasma. It's either doing 1080i or 720p but I can't really make a difference, it looks fine to me sitting 8' away from the screen.

How big is your TV? If it's bigger than 32", like a 42"-50" or more, that's actually really good to know that I don't have to worry about a noticeable drop in picture quality.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2015, 17:03 Jivaro

"Oh yeah, let me just add you to my friends list random unidentified person. When has that ever gone wrong for anyone? Not."

"Wait...are you hawt?"

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
50. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:01 Jivaro

These threads never fail to entertain.

Or make me want to drink.

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features
17. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features Mar 30, 2015, 16:04 Jivaro

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 13:52:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 13:02:
InBlack wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:35:
nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:16:
I always think of Pete Burns when I see the Dead or Alive games. And not "extra creepy post 2000 good lord what have you done to your face Pete?", but more like "late 80s, Boy George knock off" look...

"You Spin me Right Round baby Right round"...

Dead or Alive was actually a decent pop band, way better than that Culture Club trash, I guess it helped that their music was fucking hilarious most of the time...

JUST LEAVE BOY GEORGE ALONE!!!11

Do You Really Want To Hurt Him????

Do you really want to make him cry????

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 30, 2015, 11:28 Jivaro

I dig the PS TV, but than again.....I am only using it to stream the PS4 games to another TV. (example: wife is watching TV when I want to play Madden) For that it works great and is totally worth the current price tag. I look at it as a PS4 accessory, not a separate console. It's cool that I could use my Vita games with it but I haven't done it and I doubt I will.

edit: If there was one thing I wish they would have thought of is the output resolution. It supports 720p and 1080i. Not 1080p. The TV I use it on currently is not a problem because it's only 32" and 720p is the native resolution. That's why it's the "backup" tv. When I upgrade my TV in the near future I was planning on a 50" HDTV since even the most basic ones support 1080p these days. It sucks that the PS TV won't make use of that. Than again, with my old eyes, it is questionable whether I will be able to tell the difference or not. Some of you seem to have superhuman visual acuity where as I seem to be either much less picky or just have crappy eyes.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2015, 11:39.

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features
5. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features Mar 30, 2015, 10:04 Jivaro

necrosis wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 10:01:
Why do they even bother?

Yeah, I am a little puzzled myself. This PC release has been a clusterfuck from the beginning.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
68. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 02:32 Jivaro

Two GOTY candidates released in the same week. Not bad.  

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
18. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 22:36 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 22:13:
@wtf man
I wonder if there are mods that might make the Witcher more tolerable by now.

I found this mod at nexus and it is the only reason I was able to finish the game. I too hated the control scheme in the release version.

Full Combat Rebalance @ Nexus Mods: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/237/?

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
14. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 21:26 Jivaro

GoG just happens to be at that point in their history where they are still enjoying getting screwed. That will change.

My faith in the average customer is...well...I have none.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2015, 11:38 Jivaro

Sony really should avoid firmware update reports that have sentences that contain the phrase "will bring an onslaught". Just saying.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2015, 11:37 Jivaro

Mass Effect 3 is not free on PSN according to this link. The trial version of Mass Effect 3 is free (of course) and that's only in Europe. The full version is on sale though.

The original story you linked to Blue was wrong, it has been updated twice since it's original posting. What's the matter..don't you check all your links 10 times a day after posting? Damn man.

2106 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo